• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
That's what I've been wondering. I haven't bothered to click any link in it, and I haven't changed my password. And no interruption in the account has happened. So I was just wondering if this was common or it might be a phishing email

Is there a way to check the email address without clicking on it? I get Netflix and Paypal phishing emails all the time, and when I go to click block, it reveals the gargon of an email before I can confirm.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
There's a lot of discussion about content being added to Disney+. But we don't talk much about the content leaving.

Supposedly, the following content left Disney+ today in the U.S.
  • Home Alone
  • Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
  • The Sandlot
  • Dr. Dolittle
  • Flicka
  • The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
  • Strange Magic
  • The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/eiilqf/whats_leaving_disney_in_the_us_january_2020/

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of discussion about content being added to Disney+. But we don't talk much about the content leaving.

• Home Alone
  • The Sandlot
  • Dr. Dolittle
  • Flicka
  • Strange Magic
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/eiilqf/whats_leaving_disney_in_the_us_january_2020/

Confirming the above. (Dang it, I was planning on watching Sandlot the other day.)

Home Alone 3 is still on there though for some reason.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

• Home Alone
  • The Sandlot
  • Dr. Dolittle
  • Flicka
  • Strange Magic

Reminds me of Amazon Prime with no warning, stuff is just suddenly taken down :/ I hate that. At least Netflix gives you an "expiring on __".

Edit: Someone on the Reddit page noted Malificent is also gone.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Really not happy with the removals, especially unannounced removals. One of the biggest draws of the service was that Disney owned everything and it wouldn't leave the library.

Kinda stresses me out now that there is a whole category called "From the Vault."

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

• Home Alone
  • The Sandlot
  • Dr. Dolittle
  • Flicka
  • Strange Magic

Woah, wtf

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed things would be cycled in and out. I can't imagine things like Home Alone won't be back next holiday season.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

• Home Alone
  • The Sandlot
  • Dr. Dolittle
  • Flicka
  • Strange Magic
The post says some movies were removed for technical reasons, so we'll see what happens I guess.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
The good news is Holes, Red Tails, Cool Runnings, and The Proud Family were added today (to the U.S. Disney+)

2007's "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" was added today too..if you're into that.

The post says some movies were removed for technical reasons, so we'll see what happens I guess.

I can believe that. They had to remove "Never Been Kissed" to fix some technical issues. Then they put it back up on the service.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

• Home Alone
  • The Sandlot
  • Dr. Dolittle
  • Flicka
  • Strange Magic

I'm guessing they had previous agreements with another service

Edit: or technical issues heh

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

Will the liberal media's assault on the best president in history ever cease?

sarcasm of course

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Wait... why is stuff leaving Disney+? Can't be a case of expired licenses, right? The license holder owns the platform.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Wait... why is stuff leaving Disney+? Can't be a case of expired licenses, right? The license holder owns the platform.

Either there was prior agreements where the content was licensed out or there were technical issues (apparently one of the help accounts said it might be technical).

I'm not finding home alone on any other content providers, so it might just be temp

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

• Home Alone
  • The Sandlot
  • Dr. Dolittle
  • Flicka
  • Strange Magic
Hopefully it's just random tech issues, I was meaning to watch dr Dolittle. Also that would explain why they didn't announce it leaving

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
People were clipping through Home Alone 1 at the 45 minute mark and wrong warping straight to the credits of Home Alone 2. They must have taken them offline to prevent further abuse while they completed the patch.
I can believe that. They had to remove "Never Been Kissed" to fix some technical issues. Then they put it back up on the service.

Ok, I can believe those films were taken down for tech issues if people have noticed this on two seperate occasions.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

• Home Alone
  • The Sandlot
  • Dr. Dolittle
  • Flicka
  • Strange Magic

They own all these things, why would it leave?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I watch Disney + mostly through the XBox app but I noticed last week that on the PS4 app,there is no HDR like on the XBox...known issue...? Netflix app works fine with HDR on the PS4(besides everything saying its HDR,even the non hdr shows)...

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The good news is Holes, Red Tails, Cool Runnings, and The Proud Family were added today (to the U.S. Disney+)

2007's "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" was added today too..if you're into that.

I don't think Never Been Kissed ever came back on (either that or their search really sucks, I can't tell. But I can't find it). I actually thought it was removed because of some content in the movie that maybe isn't appropriate for kids?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
We just stopped our subscription, watched through all of the Mandolorian and The World According to Jeff Goldblum. Is there any other original content we should catch in the next 20 days before our sub expires?

Status
Not open for further replies.