• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Well I found out where one of those de-listed movies went, Flicka. Just saw it pop up in the HBO section, so I guess there are still some contracts for other companies floating around.

I figured it was a contract thing. Stuff like this is going to happen for a while until all of the contracts Disney had in place expire. But of course people are flipping out and already creating conspiracy theories.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I figured it was a contract thing. Stuff like this is going to happen for a while until all of the contracts Disney had in place expire. But of course people are flipping out and already creating conspiracy theories.

Well, they could mitigate all of this by just announcing what's leaving instead of just pulling the rug and hoping people don't notice right away.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Well I found out where one of those de-listed movies went, Flicka. Just saw it pop up in the HBO section, so I guess there are still some contracts for other companies floating around.

You mean, it was a licensing issues, and not the "disney vault?" Something I managed to figure out by taking 5 minutes to read that the OT linked to, and figuring out that if movies are available in canada and other territories, it's probably a licensing issue? It's so aggravating that people wouldn't take 5 minutes to learn about the situation, instead of just going off on a rage about a service they probably don't even pay for yet.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You mean, it was a licensing issues, and not the "disney vault?" Something I managed to figure out by taking 5 minutes to read that the OT linked to, and figuring out that if movies are available in canada and other territories, it's probably a licensing issue? It's so aggravating that people wouldn't take 5 minutes to learn about the situation, instead of just going off on a rage about a service they probably don't even pay for yet.
If it's not in the thread title then people don't read it.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
More like, if it confirms their biases, they don't read further.
No, it's people don't read. Multiple people have asked when the CW crossover is coming back in that thread even though that info is at the very top of the OP in a large font. It's not in the thread title so they don't read it.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
No, it's people don't read. Multiple people have asked when the CW crossover is coming back in that thread even though that info is at the very top of the OP in a large font. It's not in the thread title so they don't read it.

Mmm, fair enough. I am constantly surprised at how little people seem to know. I don't even *watch* the cw shows, and I know it returns on jan 14th.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Looks like Ms. Marvel has entered pre-production, with actual production beginning on April 6th.

wgzy5gb09e841.jpg

We should likely be getting casting announcements very soon. And going by the project summary, they're sticking with Kamala being an Inhuman.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Looks like Ms. Marvel has entered pre-production, with actual production beginning on April 6th.

wgzy5gb09e841.jpg

We should likely be getting casting announcements very soon. And going by the project summary, they're sticking with Kamala being an Inhuman.

Looks like we are going to get a ton of MCu content summer 2020 onwards, glad everything is moved up

They have to have an idea about who the lead role is going to, if they are locking down a start date right?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
No one can check if HDR is enabled on the PS4 ?...I googled it,found a few people saying its not working but its the app itself,when I am browsing the movies or shows in the app and I go to details,it says 5.1,4K or HD but HDR is simply not there and it is on the Xbox...

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Any news on a windows app?
I'm not getting an apple tv anytime soon, or ever. But I really need atmos support like the windows netflix app.

Oct 25, 2017
I've started watching DuckTales the Movie. Whereas the TV series episodes that I watched each brought back memories (maybe from repeated viewings), I just don't remember this... wondering if I never saw it as a kid...

Shit is weird. The animation is extremely glossy and a bit janky, as if they overdid it to separate it from the show which had fairly good animation as it was. The dated stereotypes are out in full force, a reminder that this is still classic Disney, but I think what makes this most difficult to watch is the genie

First off, was 'whacky genie' an old trope and that would explain the similarities with Aladdin? Either way it's fucking unbearable. It feels like a horrible rip off of Williams' genie which I know is not fair because it predates Aladdin's production. But the voice is grating (had to look it up - Rip Taylor!) and 'Shabooey' feels like parody every goddamn time

Gonna keep watching because I feel like I have to but jesus

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Okay after more research HDR is not supported for now on the PS4,which is bullshit...thank god it works on the XBox because it's a big big difference.Watching The Force Awakens now and its looks so much better with HDR.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Coming from a person that doesn't really look at the front page rows to browse, it doesn't work if you have stuff waiting on your Watchlist :/"Limited time" is also pretty vague as to when.
I don't disagree, but if I see it in there and I am interested I watch it right away.
Either way it's more than plus offers

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Coming from a person that doesn't really look at the front page rows to browse, it doesn't work if you have stuff waiting on your Watchlist :/"Limited time" is also pretty vague as to when.

It's almost impossible to find stuff on Amazon Prime (at least the stuff that's free to Prime members) without using something like JustWatch anyway. I realize they get money from people buying stuff through them but come up with some better filters.

Jul 4, 2018
Watched The Flood and man it's gorgeous has to double check it wasn't in 4K. Some of the best HD content I've ever seen, obviously not on the level of the 4K Attenborough shows but not that far off. Also the topic it covers is very interesting and it's only 90 mins so doesn't feel bloated so I'd recommend it. Going to check out Hostile Planet next.

I've also finished rewatching Clone Wars and now going to try make it through Rebels before Clone Wars Season 7.

Still got plenty on the list after that as well with the Pirates films, Avengers films and Big Hero 6 that I want to rewatch in 4K.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I've started watching DuckTales the Movie. Whereas the TV series episodes that I watched each brought back memories (maybe from repeated viewings), I just don't remember this... wondering if I never saw it as a kid...

Shit is weird. The animation is extremely glossy and a bit janky, as if they overdid it to separate it from the show which had fairly good animation as it was. The dated stereotypes are out in full force, a reminder that this is still classic Disney, but I think what makes this most difficult to watch is the genie

First off, was 'whacky genie' an old trope and that would explain the similarities with Aladdin? Either way it's fucking unbearable. It feels like a horrible rip off of Williams' genie which I know is not fair because it predates Aladdin's production. But the voice is grating (had to look it up - Rip Taylor!) and 'Shabooey' feels like parody every goddamn time

Gonna keep watching because I feel like I have to but jesus
Apologies if you've clarified before, but have you seen the new series yet? Aren't you the one that says he tried but didn't like the voices?

Either way, the lamp was a fun Easter egg in the pilot and they actually had a much better but unrelated "genie of the lamp" episode in Season 2. They've shared a design of an updated genie (I can't even be bothered to remember his name) presumably for Season 3. I wonder if they'll update it in a very palatable way like some of their other better updates.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Is anyone having difficulty getting the app to work on Xbox one X? I'm trying to play any sort of movie or tv show and it gives me an error 39 message. It has been like that for 3 days straight.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost impossible to find stuff on Amazon Prime (at least the stuff that's free to Prime members) without using something like JustWatch anyway. I realize they get money from people buying stuff through them but come up with some better filters.

I've mostly watched Amazon Prime on the PS4 app. When I started using it a few years ago you could just hit the l1 button and it would only show you Prime content, but they took that feature out and now it is unusable.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
HSMTMTS shouldn't be as good as it is.

Parts of the show are really dumb, but it becomes Self-aware when it does.

I don't know why, but I really enjoy this show.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Anyone else think 20th Century Fox deserves their own tab in the service? Right next to Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic.

I know in Canada and Australia, they have all five "Ice Age" movies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Anyone else think 20th Century Fox deserves their own tab in the service? Right next to Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic.

I know in Canada and Australia, they have all five "Ice Age" movies.
They're quickly building up their Fox lineup, so I'd imagine that they'll get their own tab eventually.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Started yesterday I cant cast the simpsons. Let me try something else. Getting media unknown, anyone else?

Edit: other stuff works just no Simpsons :(

Double edit: nevermind, just a single episode that won't play. Weird

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
The algorithm needs work.

Watch "Flight of the Navigator"

Disney+: "You should watch "The Rocketeer" now."

Watch "The Rocketeer"

Disney+: "You should watch "Flight of the Navigator" now."

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Weird, I just watched a bunch last night on mine, and no issues here.
Yeah I don't know why it doesn't work. It works good on my ps4 pro but that doesn't have hdr I was hoping to use it on the x for the hdr. So the error says try using a different port but I don't think that's the case because it doesn't work on my three other ports so the next option they say is try logging out on other devices.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they add a newly added section or a release calendar to the app. I don't like how it's only through social media to find out what's coming and when. I like how Netflix has the coming soon section

Dec 25, 2018
They really need to fix that when you leave PS4 in rest mode, it logs you out. Extremely annoying, or have an option for like "remember me" or something. I get why it happens, due to the PS4 reconnecting, but it's such a pain to have to constantly resign in.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm done with Disney+ for now. I've watched most the things I wanted to and there isn't anything coming anytime soon I want to watch so, back to Hulu/Netflix I go!

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else's HDR content extremely dark in the D+ app? I'm using an Apple TV 4K to stream, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.