• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
oh hey... I made a smart ass comment on their "Your wish has been granted" tweet about Aladdin about how my wish was for tv shows to be in the correct order and they actually messaged me to say they are actively working on it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah but they also are taking all of their movies this month to Hulu, along with new series, Disney must be behind this :^O

I mean, they are the majority shareholders, but I can't bring myself to see Handmaid's Tale as a Disney-owned property. (Well, they did own Miramax, but were somehow good at covering up ownership to those out of the loop). What I mean is Hulu =/= ENTIRELY Disney (yet).

Yes, but this part is still relevant:
In something of a coup in its battle with Netflix, Hulu announced a multiyear deal with DreamWorks Animation, giving it exclusive U.S. streaming rights for the studio's library titles, new releases starting in 2019, and new original series to bow in 2020.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I mean, they are the majority shareholders, but I can't bring myself to see Handmaid's Tale as a Disney-owned property. (Well, they did own Miramax, but were somehow good at covering up ownership to those out of the loop). What I mean is Hulu =/= ENTIRELY Disney (yet).

Yes, but this part is still relevant:

ahh, I'm guessing this was done before the Universal deal? They also have output deals from Annapurna and Neon, so there will be some good movies there.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
They have six years to completely kill off or absorb Netflix, because in 2026 Netflix is getting all the Disney movies released between 2016 and 2018 back, confusing everyone yet again.

On a side note, I saw that the second Garfield movie is on Starz. Not that I would have ever watched it, but it boggles my mind that they don't announce when they are going to lose the license to stuff because of previously made deals.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
They have six years to completely kill off or absorb Netflix, because in 2026 Netflix is getting all the Disney movies released between 2016 and 2018 back, confusing everyone yet again.

On a side note, I saw that the second Garfield movie is on Starz. Not that I would have ever watched it, but it boggles my mind that they don't announce when they are going to lose the license to stuff because of previously made deals.

I believe it is only a relatively short little while. By that time you will have 8 additional years of MCU content.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Netflix just did the Nickelodeon deal, they'll be fine.

Don't remember hearing about that. One thing they have been doing is locking in more anime deals. Just sucks having to wait a few months after the Japanese broadcast to watch them... Something hopefully they can change in the future.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I think there's a display bug on the "Continue to Watch" tab, where despite finishing a movie or series 100%, that program will stagger and stay on indefinitely.

Sometimes you need to go through the 5 mins of credits on a movie/Mandalorian. What's funny is that for me it works better than some weird issues I have with some shows on Hulu and Netflix, especially if the episodes are scattered with which have been watched. I often skip through the last ep to try and remove them, but some have a bug :/

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Sometimes you need to go through the 5 mins of credits on a movie/Mandalorian. What's funny is that for me it works better than some weird issues I have with some shows on Hulu and Netflix, especially if the episodes are scattered with which have been watched. I often skip through the last ep to try and remove them, but some have a bug :/

I tried this once, where I only had a few minutes left on a movie because I stopped during the credits, so I tried to resume... and it took me back to the beginning of the movie. So now I just have stuff that won't come off my watchlist once I'm done with the movie/series.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lizzie McGuire reboot showrunner left

Lizzie McGuire fans may have to wait a little while longer for the revival.

After filming two episodes of the Disney+ reboot series, original series creator Terri Minsky has exited her post as showrunner, Variety reported on Thursday. A new showrunner has not yet been named.

"Fans have a sentimental attachment to Lizzie McGuire and high expectations for a new series," a Disney spokesperson said in a statement to PEOPLE.

"After filming two episodes, we concluded that we need to move in a different creative direction and are putting a new lens on the series," said the Disney spokesperson.

Currently, the show is on a scheduled production hiatus as series star Hilary Duff honeymoons in South Africa.

Between this and Doctor Strange 2's director, creative diffferences abound at Disney.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
I don't know if this is the right place for HSMTMTS talk but after watching the finale that premiered today there were several people saying in the episode "what are we doing for the next musical"/"wait until our spring production"/"you don't know what we got lined up for spring" could that be a hint that they are not sticking to HSM. It would be cool to see them tackle other disney musicals/musicals but maybe I'm reaching. Did you pick up on any of that like I did and what are your thoughts?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm more depressed I have to wait until the end of the year for more High School Musical than the Mandalorian.

There. I said it!

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is the right place for HSMTMTS talk but after watching the finale that premiered today there were several people saying in the episode "what are we doing for the next musical"/"wait until our spring production"/"you don't know what we got lined up for spring" could that be a hint that they are not sticking to HSM. It would be cool to see them tackle other disney musicals/musicals but maybe I'm reaching. Did you pick up on any of that like I did and what are your thoughts?
i mean theres like 3 HSM so they got music to pull from there to do the next one plus original music. since they are using their own plot.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if Forky Asks a Question Season 2 will be forked over this year
tenor.gif

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I generally enjoy Marvel Hero Project, but I can't stand the opening fake conversation where they strain to compare the week's subject to some stupid Marvel character.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017

i mean theres like 3 HSM so they got music to pull from there to do the next one plus original music. since they are using their own plot.

It is confirmed the next season's musical will not be High School Musical 2, which I've understood to mean "it won't be High School Musical 3 either." They haven't yet said what the musical will be. WhenI I've heard the cast (who also doesn't know yet) speculate in interviews or just throw out random ideas on social media, I can remember they've mentioned Newsies, Peter Pan, and Cats (I think as a joke).

Last edited:

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017

I see another poster answered me but what I'm saying/and what your implying is it would be dumb to have multiple characters in the finale to say "what are we doing in the spring/just wait until you see what we are doing in the spring" to just have it be "ha you guys its just HSM 2 and then 3. you thought we were doing something different huh". While I still want to hear their takes on HSM2 and 3 songs eventually I think it is time for "something new".

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't love the pro team on this Encore. The whole episode felt like it was made differently.
It was more back story then the actual getting ready. This team didn't do the fun let's get loose and sit down and think of the past as a group. Instead it was just Matt talking about his sexuality and repeating himself for 5 minutes

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Wreck-It-Ralph and after seeing John Lasseter's name felt inspired to go read about his career.

So I do remember the Me Too stuff now but I don't think I realized at the time what his connection to Disney and Pixar was. Goddamn that puts a taint on a lot of amazing films, not to mention the pervasive toxic culture above and beyond just Lasseter.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I just watched Will Smith Alladin

hhahahaha total downgrade

every single character is watered down and downgraded from the animated movie.

I do find some of the story changes interesting but the overall movie felt quite cheap.

The low point of the movie was the dud about spoons and jams, WTF

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I'm currently watching through Gargoyles as well. I caught random episodes as a kid and now I'm finally going through them all in order.

It's next on my backlog to go through. I remember renting the movie as a kid, to be dissapointed that it was just like eps 1-3 put together... then a weird VHS game at the end (which I couldn't even do cause I think a gameboard came with it, which the remtal didn't give you...)

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
OG Lizzie McGuire is so charming to watch. I've been watching an episode every night before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.