• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
OG Lizzie McGuire is so charming to watch. I've been watching an episode every night before bed.

I've been watching with my kids. Besides them remarking "is this show really old" they seem to love it.

I was looking for Boy Meets World so I could watch it with my kids but apparently it's rated PG so is unavailable on their account (I didn't realize that until I logged into the browser via my account).

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
All these DPOMs look great between this Togo and Timmy Failure I'm excited with what they are doing on the movie side.

It reminds me of 90s Disney, when "family" used to be a genre in movie rentals (live-action PG movies, usually based on a true story/adventure/fantasies, but often with kids as the stars). If stuff like Togo came out back then, they probably wouldn't do a huge marketing push, but at least a bunch of tv commercials to get people talking.

I feel like the "family" genre is mostly a thing of the past, but ocassionally those type of movies will pop up. Disney+ can at least be able to give these AA movies a home.

Jul 4, 2018
It reminds me of 90s Disney, when "family" used to be a genre in movie rentals (live-action PG movies, usually based on a true story/adventure/fantasies, but often with kids as the stars). If stuff like Togo came out back then, they probably wouldn't do a huge marketing push, but at least a bunch of tv commercials to get people talking.

I feel like the "family" genre is mostly a thing of the past, but ocassionally those type of movies will pop up. Disney+ can at least be able to give these AA movies a home.
100% agree also they will probably move the vast majority of their comedies and sport based movies to Disney+ in the future as well as those don't do as well in theatres anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
100% agree also they will probably move the vast majority of their comedies and sport based movies to Disney+ in the future as well as those don't do as well in theatres anymore.

They have already stated they were going to do that (They mentioned some of those same family/sports movies). We already had Togo, which felt like one of those true stories/family movies that Disney loves.

"We're really proud of those smaller films we were making — 'Queen of Katwe,' 'McFarland, USA' — but we couldn't get them to work as a business," Sean Bailey, the president of production for Disney's flagship movie division, said rather glumly. "Theaters were no longer a hospitable home for them."

Disney Plus will serve up 10 new films during its first year. Budgets range between $20 million and $60 million.

That article actually speaks to several movies. Its a good read.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
And the movies they mention from that aren't on + just yet, McFarland and Million Dollar Arm aren't gonna be added till next year!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
They have already stated they were going to do that (They mentioned some of those same family/sports movies). We already had Togo, which felt like one of those true stories/family movies that Disney loves.

That article actually speaks to several movies. Its a good read.

Boo paywall'd, but that's great to see them focusing on it! Even as a kid I wasn't really into sports but loved sports movies! Another thing that have seemed to have quietly disappeared... and yeah, it's no surprise that those smaller Disney movies don't work at theaters anymore. Too many choices/blockbusters nowadays it seems, that the smaller movies have very short runs and usually quickly forgotten (unless WOM gets around if they turn out to be amazing). Almost everything in the 90s had a thetrical run, and more of a chance to catch eyes (with sequels/low budget studios making up the bulk of direct-to-video).

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Boo paywall'd, but that's great to see them focusing on it! Even as a kid I wasn't really into sports but loved sports movies! Another thing that have seemed to have quietly disappeared... and yeah, it's no surprise that those smaller Disney movies don't work at theaters anymore. Too many choices/blockbusters nowadays it seems, that the smaller movies have very short runs and usually quickly forgotten (unless WOM gets around if they turn out to be amazing). Almost everything in the 90s had a thetrical run, and more of a chance to catch eyes (with sequels/low budget studios making up the bulk of direct-to-video).

I used my one free article a month on a DIsney Plus article lol.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
It's the mid budget movie that they used to be masters of. I'm glad they are making these movies again at least. Togo was my favorite Disney original movie in years. It's a bit of shame so much schlock in comparison was given big bill in theaters in 2019. This movie deserves more views.

Jul 4, 2018
Can't trust Just Watch 100% off the time. Lol, this popped up under new for Disney+ today. I was like "wait, D+ is getting until K-dramas??" That would've been interesting, though.

If Disney+ do acquire a Korean show I'd want it to be Running Man. I mean they do kind of have a loose relationship as the people wear a Nat Geo shirt during a bunch of the episodes.

Also wouldn't mind Disney+ making more international shows.

Jul 4, 2018
https://deadline.com/2020/01/the-wo...blum-renewed-season-2-disney-plus-1202834329/

"Disney+ said Friday that it has ordered a second season of The World According to Jeff Goldblum, the streaming service's first original series from National Geographic. The series is wrapping up its Season 1 run with its last episode set for January 24. National Geographic Global Television Networks president Courteney Monroe just made the announcement at TCA.

A 10-episode Season 2 is now in the works. Season 1, which bowed November 12 when Disney's direct-to-consumer service launched, is 12 episodes."

Great news I really like how this show has played out over most of the first season and I'm keen for more.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Hooray! Was just wondering about that today. Not all of the episodes have been to my taste, but overall Jeff is very enjoyable to watch.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh Randy Cunningham is up yet Mighty Med is still mia which is a shame because I need to rewatch that before elite force so I can be extra disappointed they spinoff two shows into one without a proper ending

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I've been reading about Stitch! the anime which ran 80+ episodes and several specials in Japan. Disney apparently only aired five episodes in the US before abruptly taking the show off the air without any explanation.

I find this fascinating for a number of reasons. First, I had no idea this show even existed. It's a sequel to Lilo and Stitch: The Series, and it takes place in a fictional city in Japan. It also doesn't feature Lilo at all, but instead a girl named Yuna. A lot of the characters from the original are in this show.

Why isn't this on Disney+? I'm very interested in seeing this (subbed, preferably). Such a bummer this is locked away for whatever reason.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
OG Lizzie McGuire is so charming to watch. I've been watching an episode every night before bed.

i had the biggest obsession with hillary duff back then.

in a weird way i think she's pretty much the prettiest girl i've ever seen. still. even though she doesnt match any model standard of beauty.

weird this happened because i literally just watched a couple minutes of an episode on disney plus for old times sake.

i will say that like say, saved by the bell, show is surprisingly witty and just generally clever and/or well done for what it is.

also watched some original terminator movie clips, unrelated to disney plus lol. also utterly fantastic movie for it's time. understanding that back then movie audiences were not nearly so sophisticated and a lot of things done in the movie were groundbreaking. also 80's feathered hair young linda hamilton wub.

Also cool line where she says "can you stop it?" sand he says matter of factly "i dont know. with these weapons...I dont know".

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
in a weird way i think she's pretty much the prettiest girl i've ever seen. still. even though she doesnt match any model standard of beauty.

I mean...she doesn't not fit model standards of beauty. She's objectively stunning lol
fa2753019f72042cd2b81bd5be040389.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Why isn't this on Disney+? I'm very interested in seeing this (subbed, preferably). Such a bummer this is locked away for whatever reason.

It might not even be owned by Disney, kind of like how Disney was involved with building parks like Tokyo Disney, but not actually owned by them.

Thete's also an Avengers anime, and no idea if that's the same case or not. Could just be a license deal.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
There's two Avengers anime shows.

Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers (Walt Disney Japan and Toei Animation, 51 episodes)

Marvel Future Avengers (Walt Disney Japan and Madhouse, 39 episodes).

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Latest episode aired October 22nd, 2018. Don't see anything about another season.

Could've sworn the recent episode was just last year, but then I haven't kept up with it much as I'm waiting to watch it "officially".
Wikipedia says there's an English dub of Marvel Future Avengers that aired on Disney XD in Southeast Asia, and Disney Channel in South Korea starting last year. Hope they bring it to the US and Europe.

Yes. Yes it is.

Yeah that use an LA dub and everything (even some of the Marvel cartoon voice actors like RCS as Cap and Travis Willingham as Thor were used)

I could KINDA understand before as they probably didn't want TWO different Avengers shows airing on Disney XD (not to mention Avengers Assemble would probably look REALLY BAD in comparison) But now there's just no excuse.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It might not even be owned by Disney, kind of like how Disney was involved with building parks like Tokyo Disney, but not actually owned by them.

Thete's also an Avengers anime, and no idea if that's the same case or not. Could just be a license deal.

Not only licensing, but if only five episodes were ever localized, it might not be worth the effort for them at this point for something most people had never even heard of, especially when there's stuff like Tartakovsky's Clone Wars that is pretty much ready to go but not on there.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

We've watched all of them on Disney Jr. but this is still the best news I've heard all day. That seems really close to the airing of the last (current) episode on Disney Jr., but maybe this means stuff like Owl House will be on the service right after it finishes airing.

I wonder how it works with licensed content. Like will we get stuff like Yokai Watch season 2 or Inazama Eleven: Ares or maybe even Doraemon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.