• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vautrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I agree and think Chris Pratt, who most likely voted for Trump, should pick a fight with the internet mob and see how well that goes for him

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
Due to the proximity to the impending merger/acquisition, I imagine Disney is in "fire everything that even remotely rocks the boat" mode.

Basically what I'm saying is that this is a great time to try and get James Woods removed from Kingdom Hearts 3.

Deleted member 15326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Due to the proximity to the impending merger/acquisition, I imagine Disney is in "fire everything that even remotely rocks the boat" mode.

Basically what I'm saying is that this is a great time to try and get James Woods removed from Kingdom Hearts 3.

They're not going to do anything to on-screen talent. To suits only behind the camera people are expendable

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Quick reminder: While it is possible for people to grow and change and ask forgiveness, that does not mean that everyone is required to forgive. The role of hate groups in this incident should not be overlooked, but simply feeling that Gunn's tweets were unforgivable does not make someone a member or sympathizer of said groups.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait until Disney hires Kid Mero and Desus Nice and then subsequently fires them sometime later.

"You're right, @NazisArePeopleToo69, comedy about sucking someone's genitals from the back has no place at Disney and neither does comedy about eating ass. Thank you for bringing these concerning issues to our attention."

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Seriously? Dude we always get the tactics lobbed at us, even those of us who are shot dead by police and get their entire history dragged out to certify that we deserved it.

Again, I'm not making any claims that James Gunn is going to suffer anywhere near the same kind of stigma or that this doesn't already happen to minorities. A major multi-national company basically just legitimized this sort of thing. These people are going to be even more now. The problem is that these things are going to exacerbate.

Handing them any kind of victory over what boils down to nothing more than thoughtcrime is bad for everyone.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, until this whole controversy I had no idea Pratt was a religious dude. I think that makes his Jesus line in Infinity War even funnier.

thatother

Dec 12, 2017
The backlash on this was entirely unexpected and I'm glad it's happening.

A joke is a joke. This isn't an issue of "oh I said something super offensive and pissed people off, it's just a joke guys!" This was always intended to be a joke, in bad taste or not.

I hope Disney walks this back a bit. I think they reacted way too fast hoping to get ahead of any backlash.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Don't really give a shit about Gunn, he'll survive. But the problem is that the fascists have now been given a tool to shut down vocal dissent against anyone who opposes them.
Now they've chosen to go after Patton Oswalt, Sarah Silverman, Michael Ian Black and many others. Do you not see the problem in allowing nazi rapists to dictate the conversation on social media?
If you're just going to stand by and watch while an ally gets torn down with the argument "well he wasn't perfect so he had it coming" you won't have any people left standing up for you.
I care about Gunn in as much as I can care about someone who I don't know but feel they have done more right than wrong publicly but I agree with everything else.

The objective we all should share is that in the end terrible people realize the actions they made are wrong and they either need to be changed or punished if they double down.

We should scale the level of condemnation relative to how recent their actions were and how much they have actively tried to turn things around.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Well, don't forget what site you're on. ERA has long been about the left raging at the left because there's no one else here.
As someone who has eaten two bans already this is patently false. The majority of bans are either given out to closet conservatives or overly aggressive liberals. We aren't only eating our own here.

But I defintely can say some of our allies here I can't stand because they are hypocrits who don't acknowledge the dangerous socialization changes they are pushing.

Demogorgon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I always hate when people use the term "gross" when replying to a post or tweet they Find offensive but those tweets Gunn posted in 2009 are legit gross. Even if it was not serious the level of dumbness to even post that as a public figure indicates he shouldn't be trusted with a multimillion dollar film franchise and a spokesperson for one of Disney's key brands.

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
_I80TIbhFDxgGIrM4KVM66nK_rQ=.gif

me reading chris pratt tweets

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I always hate when people use the term "gross" when replying to a post or tweet they Find offensive but those tweets Gunn posted in 2009 are legit gross. Even if it was not serious the level of dumbness to even post that as a public figure indicates he shouldn't be trusted with a multimillion dollar film franchise and a spokesperson for one of Disney's key brands.

He was making low-budget, hard-R movies at the time. Knowing how to shock people is absolutely a plus in that arena.