• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Disney should introduce guy princesses and girl princes.

Kite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like OP wants Witchcraft Works where the "girl" plays the traditional "prince" role and saves the "guy" "princess/damsel in distress role"

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Isn't it nice how Disney and Ghibli have female protagonists, mostly?

Then again, outside of those two, everything else in animation is male protagonists.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was going to be a horribly titled thread about trans representation in Disney movies but it appears I was mistaken.

Oct 28, 2017
How about we stop ignoring the most under-utilized protagonist type - the ugly. I'm sick of being underrepresented in media.

Where are the goblin princes Disney. Where are they.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think anyone who watches Revolutionary Girl Utena is quite ready for it.

My run of that was two plus years back and it still fucks with your head some.
I watched it earlier this year. I had completely different expectation on what this was going to be and slowly realizing just how fucked everything is.

OP
OP

Gloomy

User requested permanent ban
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if thread wasn't clear but something like utena as mentioned would be nice. Like girl is dressed as prince going after girl. Or like girl has role in rescuing instead of guy.

Though guy being able to wear dress would be cool. Disney could make thier own Turn a gundam like movie.

As well as girl being able to wear like prince like attire with old school shoujo flavor to it.

My thread has nothing to do with Bowsette.

May 17, 2018
I don't think I agree with the OP title, but I think they should break the mold for princesses far more often. Merida, Moana, and Anna do a good job of being more than the old Disney princesses.