• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like OP wants Witchcraft Works where the "girl" plays the traditional "prince" role and saves the "guy" "princess/damsel in distress role"

witch.jpg

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Isn't it nice how Disney and Ghibli have female protagonists, mostly?

Then again, outside of those two, everything else in animation is male protagonists.

GrimJawz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
But aren't princes and princesses just gendered title's of the same thing, is this some #woke nonsense I'm not understanding?

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was going to be a horribly titled thread about trans representation in Disney movies but it appears I was mistaken.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Would be happy to see a few more princess' kicking ass and bringing smarts to save the prince.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
How about we stop ignoring the most under-utilized protagonist type - the ugly. I'm sick of being underrepresented in media.

Where are the goblin princes Disney. Where are they.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think anyone who watches Revolutionary Girl Utena is quite ready for it.

My run of that was two plus years back and it still fucks with your head some.
I watched it earlier this year. I had completely different expectation on what this was going to be and slowly realizing just how fucked everything is.

OP
OP

Gloomy

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if thread wasn't clear but something like utena as mentioned would be nice. Like girl is dressed as prince going after girl. Or like girl has role in rescuing instead of guy.

Though guy being able to wear dress would be cool. Disney could make thier own Turn a gundam like movie.

As well as girl being able to wear like prince like attire with old school shoujo flavor to it.

My thread has nothing to do with Bowsette.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An Utena movie played straight for the unsuspecting masses would be a fucking riot.

Sign me up.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
This has been a really weird week on the internet. I really need to go scrub it out of my brain

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
I don't think I agree with the OP title, but I think they should break the mold for princesses far more often. Merida, Moana, and Anna do a good job of being more than the old Disney princesses.