• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Seems like it was misinformation, my bad. They censored it because of the gore after it.

Misinformation being thrown around here. Thankfully I had the channel on my TV as it aired live

They showed the kiss but immediately cut the feed of the showcase afterwards to not show the violence and swearing. They decided to show off other stuff while the trailer was still going on. When they return to the showcase, they return to the end of the trailer that shows the kiss again.

As for Ghosts of Tsushima, they blurred out the violent deaths and muted the swearing. There were a few deaths at the tail end of the trailer that wasn't blurred.

And they obviously blurred out the death of that cop in the REmake 2 trailer.

First of all, I'm not from the US but I saw this on Twitter and I think it was needed to be discussed because, holy shit, this is bad. Basically, on the trailer for The Last of Us 2, Ellie kisses a girl while dancing and then it goes to an action segment. This should be pretty normal but Disney XD went straight to commercials right on the kiss.

They didn't do this with the gore parts on Ghosts of Tsushima, for example, where they just blurred the screen to not show the blood (Still bad in my opinion but a bit more understandable). I'm baffled at Disney's decision to do this. What do you guys think about this?

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As you can see, Disney XD apparently censored the kiss in The Last of Us 2 trailer. Just cut the feed. This is outrageous, why is this censored!?!

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm surprised Disney XD would be showing any E3 streams tbh, there's cursing and violence galore

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Eh you still see the kiss. If they were trying to censor it, they did a pretty bad job lol

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting. When I worked for Disney, they were incredibly supportive of LGBT marriage rights, even before it was confirmed by the SCOTUS. I don't know if that translated into their on air programming though, that may be a different beast.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is E3 being showed in Disney XD of all places?????? There's plenty of games 18+ and they're putting it on a children channel? wtf

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
theyve been censoring stuff the whole time on there. Kinda dumb to even have the IGN show considering all the impromptu commercial breaks and blurring theyve enforced.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Without more details I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon.

TV has different rules, commercial breaks are spaced at certain times and some of those are hard times and can't be changed.

Now, if they stated they were showing the conference commercial free and then did this it would be a different story.

And they still showed the beginning of it.

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Not a big deal. Its a kids program. Im surprised they showed any of this at all with all the head bashing, throat cutting, brain slashing and arrow piercings

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they're showing any streams on that channel tbh. Violence and gore galore.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
And yet the brutal viscous kills were shown? The Last of Us Part 2 isn't Disney material, but if they let the blood flow there's some real fuckery going on here.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Did it remain cut for the following gameplay. Games pretty violent and it takes place immediately after the kiss.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus wouldn't want you to see 2 girls kissing it can lead to impure thoughts.

Hacking someone's head off in a couple slices is just good wholesome American fun.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Wait, so they let The Last of Us Part II footage - a game that is basically M rated in every extent - and THIS is one of the things that gets cut? Oh, but Disney sells rainbow mickey mouse ears at Disney World so they're totally LGBTQIA+ allies. Go fuck yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.