• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
now they need to do the same to Disney World. RIP their stock price

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
And there it is. Gotta credit them for the quick response, even if did seem like they were hesitant their to dip toe in the water at first. Hopefully this doesn't effect the bottomline of their employees and partners too severely. People are definitely right to be concerned about that.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty insane. Gutted for anybody on holiday there now. For some people that's a lifetime of saving to go there that they probably couldn't risk cancelling.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Going to Orlando in May. Gonna keep watching for updates

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Why not Disney World? Disney World is much more of an international destination than Disneyland. It's also much larger in terms of the amount of people across all the parks that are in close contact.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to Disney World at the end of April. I'm hoping it'll be open then but I'm beginning to doubt it.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Gutted for anybody on holiday there now. For some people that's a lifetime of saving to go there that they probably couldn't risk cancelling.

This, along with money of course, is a big reason why they are very hesitant to shut down the parks. They are in a damned either way position. Disney guests often get VERY ugly when they plan for a trip for months, drive halfway across the country with their families, and then their kid's favorite ride is down for maintenance. Can you imagine what it's like if the whole park is shut down? I know it has to be done, but it's not without severe consequences, both monetarily and otherwise. The Florida parks are even worse in this respect as it is mostly traveling tourists whereas in California locals are a bigger part of the guest pie.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Why not Disney World? Disney World is much more of an international destination than Disneyland. It's also much larger in terms of the amount of people across all the parks that are in close contact.
I'm sure it's being considered but right now that area of FL has remained clean and the state as a whole isn't as high on the list for cases so far

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
It's really shocking to me that there have been 0 confirmed cases in Orlando so far.

Makes me feel a little better about not getting infected anytime soon, but it's really only a matter of time before the virus hits the metropolitan area with Disney World being right there.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
They waited way too long with this.
? Tons of major gatherings are just today announcing they'll be suspending and no cases were traced to the major theme parks. Broadway, sports, Universal parks, etc have all stayed open. It seems like today is the day tons of places are deciding to announce closures.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are Universal and Knotts still open?

Knotts should follow suit but Universal should've been closed a LOOONG ass time ago considering where the cases in SoCal are.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
It's really shocking to me that there have been 0 confirmed cases in Orlando so far.

Makes me feel a little better about not getting infected anytime soon, but it's really only a matter of time before the virus hits the metropolitan area with Disney World being right there.

One in Seminole County.

www.clickorlando.com

Seminole County man connected to Nile River cruise tests positive for coronavirus

Seminole County's first known case of the coronavirus is related to a cruise on the Nile River in Egypt, Florida Department of Health officials said.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
My friend just got on a plane 30 minutes ago for her trip to Disneyland. She's gonna be in quite a shock once that plane lands...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Called off our WDW trip in mid-April a few days ago. Wonder if/when they will close.

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
But the website says Saturday ...
img[

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure it's being considered but right now that area of FL has remained clean and the state as a whole isn't as high on the list for cases so far

Florida is only clean because they have barely done any testing at all. They don't want the numbers out there because it's a massive season for spring break. Frankly it's criminal how badly this has been handled.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida is only clean because they have barely done any testing at all. They don't want the numbers out there because it's a massive season for spring break. Frankly it's criminal how badly this has been handled.
They run the risk of Fyre Festival 2 with that behavior

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I'm going to Disney World in 2 weeks. Looks like I'll probably just be sitting by the pool for a week.

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm flying to a Florida tomorrow morning. I will be absolutely gutted if World closes. It's my first holiday in three years.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
There's no way in hell it's not in Orlando. International visitors, large crowds, and kids everywhere.

I know Disney prides itself on its cleanliness but man kids (and some adults) are nasty in a way that can't be contained.

I don't think that the governor of Florida will apply any pressure for them to close either.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And Disneyland Paris staying open, despite having at least 3 Cast Members tested positive on covid already...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed from my rave enthusiast fans that EDC 2020 goes ahead as scheduled. They're probably hoping on it being contained by may

Even Beyond Wonderland, which is next week. Is still on.

Bear in mind it's also RAINING in SoCal

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I was planning on visiting with friends during spring break to finally ride Rise. ):

Understandable decision though.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
www.orlandoweekly.com

First Orlando-area coronavirus case confirmed in Seminole County

A positive case of coronavirus was confirmed in Seminole County by the Florida Health Department on Thursday. The test was performed on a 68-year-old man...

Are Universal and Knotts still open?

Knotts should follow suit but Universal should've been closed a LOOONG ass time ago considering where the cases in SoCal are.

No update since March 5th from Universal.