• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Disneyland or Universal Studios Hollywood?

• Disneyland

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Universal Studios Hollywood

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Disney all day.

Uni was great when they had the BTTF Ride. Not even Hogwarts and The Simpsons can make up for the sheer fun that ride was. I do appreciate the nod to the BTTF ride during the videos that play during the queue for The Simpsons Ride.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disneyland any day. The place is high maintenance, with great food, always cordial and nice employees, the rides are memorable, so many things to do apart from the rides... the list can go on on how confident and professional this place is.

Universal Studios is like a carnival with cool rides and a nice view... that's it. The place is ran like any carnival without any form of stress to be perfect like Disney, the food is mediocre, the employees can be rude (I've had this happen two times from the few times I've gone).

Just my take.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Disney + California Adventure is much better, but that is also reflected in the cost. I got an annual pass at Universal for less than it costs to go to Disneyland for 1 day.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Disney quite easily takes this. Universal Studios Hollywood is such a small park and is 1 day at best, whereas I could see myself getting 3 days out of the Disney Land resort if I cared to do everything.

Universal Orlando vs. WDW is a more interesting comparison.

Edit: Less points to USH now that I remembered they are building the smallest Nintendo World of all the parks and decided to cut Yoshi in favor of Secret Life of Pets.

Last edited:

linnus

Oct 25, 2017
The rides at Universal are better and more 'thrilling' and the ones at Disney are mostly kid friendly. But Disney have a better setting, all that 'magic' and all... There's nothing like it.

But if you like Harry Potter, the park at Universal is awesome.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rides at Universal are better and more 'thrilling' and the ones at Disney are mostly kid friendly.
Like I said earlier in the topic, I would contest both of those points. 80% of the rides are Universal are screen simulator rides (like Star Tours)... except much more poorly executed than Disney's.

The Mummy is a great coaster, but I don't see how it's a better (more like just different) experience to something like Incredicoaster. Splash Mountain is comparable to Jurassic Park/World. And Universal doesn't have any equivalents for Guardians of the Galaxy, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, or Matterhorn as far as thrill rides go. There's also nothing over there like Carsland or Soarin or Indiana Jones.

Disney's perception of being purely kid's rides/dark rides is inaccurate. It is more like they have rides for everyone. But they do also have thrill rides, and way more than Universal.

marimo

Oct 25, 2017
Disneyland is a better overall experience, but the Harry Potter area at Universal is really impressive, moreso than anything at Disneyland the last time I went. I haven't seen the new Star Wars area though.