• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kronotech

Oct 28, 2017
Signed up for General the other day but "My Account" was hidden and I was never able to redeem anything. Finally said something on Twitter and some nice stranger offered me his extra code. Used it and signed up. My Twitter Hero.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just registered for D23. Waiting to get a chance to purchase D23. I have a feeling I am too late

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I signed up for an account around 1pm and was able to redeem the code around 7pm.

Rukes

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Looks like they are giving a lot of leeway. The terms said the accounts to get the code had to be registered by 9/1 and code redeemed by 9/2. Registered my account last evening, just got the code for Disney+ right now and it still works.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they are giving a lot of leeway. The terms said the accounts to get the code had to be registered by 9/1 and code redeemed by 9/2. Registered my account last evening, just got the code for Disney+ right now and it still works.

They could be riding a wave of a ton of signups similar to what MS has done with the Game Pass Ultimate subscription and are extending it out to try and lock in more people given the perceived value. I'd be curious to see if they'll ever give out Founders Circle numbers.

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017
The thing holding me back is that I already pay for Hulu + Hulu Live TV (ad free). I wonder if all Hulu options will get some type of discount.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Looks like if you signed up for D23 by last night 11:59, You are good to sign up after the deadline. So they pushed ahead the D23 day by a day (Cut off was originally 9/1/19)

SecondVariety

Oct 29, 2017
I signed up for both D23 and the Founders Circle last thursday. Got a success page that is still accessible and the charge ($152) has been posted for a few days now but I never received any confirmation email. Has anyone else had this happen? Are the confirmation emails backed up or sporadic?

The offer email mentioned this:

You will receive a confirmation email and receipt from Disney+ once you have successfully completed the process.

Oct 25, 2017
I signed up for both D23 and the Founders Circle last thursday. Got a success page that is still accessible and the charge ($152) has been posted for a few days now but I never received any confirmation email. Has anyone else had this happen? Are the confirmation emails backed up or sporadic?

The offer email mentioned this:

I got an email days later. Not sure why it took them so long

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is a pittance for what they are offering and locking in that incredibly low price for three years is worth paying up front.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
If you missed out on the original D23 deal, Disney Visa members have the option of a 2 year deal (20$ in savings) or 3 year deal (40$ in savings). Good till the 30th. Obviously NOT as good as the original deal, but for those that have the Disney Visa card and missed out, you can lock in for some savings (and against future price increases as well).

Disney Visa Card holders are currently receiving a mailer promoting Disney+ and are being given their own version of the "Founders Circle" membership.

They are being offered two different options:

• A 2 Year Disney+ subscription with $20 off for $119 plus taxes
  • A 3 Year Disney+ subscription with $40 off for $169 plus taxes

While this offer isn't as good as the D23 offer, it's still a good discount, if your planning on becoming a subscriber.

The offer is only available until September 30th and a Disney Visa Card must be used when making the purchase. People who take out the deal will also receive a digital "Lady and the Tramp" poster.

The Poster is a digital poster.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Holy shit the disney spam is real sice signing up. like 3 mailings and an email every day.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I've been in email chain limbo trying to figure out if I have this service or not. My credit card was charged, yet on my account there's no indication that I've signed up for the service, nor did I ever receive an email receipt that I have it. So now I have to wait till November to find out if it works or not, and if it doesn't, getting a charge back on a credit card in November for a purchase made in September might be tricky. I've emailed the d23 help and after a few seemingly automated responses they had me email a more direct Disney + email address, which also doesn't seem like I'm getting a real person on the other end. My questions go un answered. Maybe everything is fine and I'm worried about nothing but it's pretty lame there's no way for me to know if I actually have the service or not.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I've been in email chain limbo trying to figure out if I have this service or not. My credit card was charged, yet on my account there's no indication that I've signed up for the service, nor did I ever receive an email receipt that I have it. So now I have to wait till November to find out if it works or not, and if it doesn't, getting a charge back on a credit card in November for a purchase made in September might be tricky. I've emailed the d23 help and after a few seemingly automated responses they had me email a more direct Disney + email address, which also doesn't seem like I'm getting a real person on the other end. My questions go un answered. Maybe everything is fine and I'm worried about nothing but it's pretty lame there's no way for me to know if I actually have the service or not.

You need to call them. If you are charged, I think you are in the clear. Other people have called and have gotten confirmation over the phone.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
No new Disney-related emails since I signed up either. I already had an account, and I quite possibly had already changed all of my email subscription preferences a long while ago - perhaps that's the difference?

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was on the fence, but decided to go ahead with it.. I know my kids will get use out of it. Glad there will be an Xbox app.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a big bump, but the party's over. Remember to cancel if you don't want to get charged.

$80 still isn't that bad, but I was kind of hoping there would be some promotion with it.

FfEWIdDUcAA1PKL

Edit: I don't know why, but when I went in to change my payment info, it says the price will only be $70 a year. So yay?
BhsJIiq.png

Last edited:

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I got the same email and I am sad they didn't offer another extended prepaid period. It's been well worth the upfront investment I made in 2019.