• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
heavy.com

News - Heavy.com

Today’s top breaking news, delivered without bias or snark.

A classic ride at Disney World, the famous Jungle Cruise boat ride around the park, reportedly sank while guests were aboard on February 27. The news was first reported by the writer of BlogMickey.com, who confirmed that an incident happened on the Jungle Cruise around 12:30 p.m. local time in Orlando, Florida, which forced the ride to shut down until around 2 p.m.

disney-jungle-cruise-boat.jpg

You go in the boat. Boat goes in the water. Animatronic hippos in the water. Our hippos

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even think the water was that deep then I remember some of the animals like the hippos are practically underwater.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now they can see what the bottom of water looks like

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean just by looking at some of the pictures, if you didn't know any better you would think it was part of the ride like the animatronics that are climbed up on the pole

ERzhxNbXUAAL4y-.jpeg

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Hope everyone is alright. But I'm sure that the Jungle Cruise sinking on a Disney property is less dangerous than crossing the street in a gated community with no cars. So I'm sure everyone is OK.

Personally, the thing that would wig me out the most is having to get into the water with those fucking hippos. Even if they are fake.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen, the 9th wonder of the world, the underside of water!

edit: damnit! Got beaten

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And if you look closely, here you can see the bottom side of water.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"And now for an in depth look at water. About 2 feet in depth."

"For the first time ever, guests can experience our new "The Ron Miller Years" ride."

"Here's a sneak peek at our not-yet-announced Namor movie!"

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People who use Fastpass on the Animal Kingdom bird show

People laugh at this but AK Fastpass options are slim pickings if the Avatar rides and other big ones aren't available. Saturday only has 4 experiences left for Fastpass, so RIP anyone getting them now.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Well that's wild. I wonder what Disney gave everyone on the ride for their trouble.

I'm guessing free tickets.

We got free tickets and a ton of 'anytime' fast passes, because the park we were at, many of their attractions broke down and the wife told them our children were disappointed.

The CMs at City Hall will definitely try and make things right.

OP
OP
Z-Beat

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's wild. I wonder what Disney gave everyone on the ride for their trouble.
I don't think the standard front of the line passes are gonna cut it since you know people were walking around with wet shoes/socks all day. I hope they got to ride Rise of the Resistance in Hollwyood Studios or free sip and savor passes at the Food and Wine Festival or something

Edit: Ah right, they do that festival at a different time in Orlando