• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have we had any word on what the single player stuff is going to be like?

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
shift effects are pretty nice
BitesizedGratefulHogget.gif

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
No they are not giving him that. They said they would have to re-record the voices to match that look, and the overall look would just make him feel like a different character.

That's kind of funny, as WoL has a completely new model, whereas this would be just a new head, and it isn't like his voice actor sounds that different in FFXV.

AdvancedWind

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I want to like that FFVIII stage but I really can't. The idea itself isn't bad, and the reference is great, but as a stage it just doesn't work. They should have added some more details, at least. Stages in general in this game look like a huge downgrade over duodecim, which had a more healthy mix of open enviroments and obstacles

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I want to like that FFVIII stage but I really can't. The idea itself isn't bad, and the reference is great, but as a stage it just doesn't work. They should have added some more details, at least. Stages in general in this game look like a huge downgrade over duodecim, which had a more healthy mix of open enviroments and obstacles
I think it's more of a design choice for the game. Since this is 3v3 with it being competitive game, they are trying to make as many stages with just huge hall and no obstacles so the stage itself doesn't affect the actual match. I do agree it makes the stages quite boring most of the time.

AdvancedWind

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I think it's more of a design choice for the game. Since this is 3v3 with it being competitive game, they are trying to make as many stages with just huge hall and no obstacles so the stage itself doesn't affect the actual match. I do agree it makes the stages quite boring most of the time.
Even then the stage is too boring visually. That is of course completely true to the original scene, but idk, They could have at least added some special effects on the background to make it more lively, for example.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like fighting in the halls of Balamb Garden would have been way more iconic, as much as I love the flowers...

Even Galbadia would have been really neat

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Ugh I really want this game but at the same time I still don't like the 3 vs. 3 players matches (it looks too confusing), hopefully they will later reconsider and add a 1 vs. 1 mode or something.

Noctis looks great and fun to play, maybe I'll play with him if/when i buy the game, also seeing new artwork for Noctis made by Nomura is awesome.

Yeah I thought it was 1 player vs 1 player where you control a team of 3. After further research it looks like they going for team based fighting.

Not sure if I'm going to get this at launch since it comes out sametime as Dragonball FighterZ and Monster Hunter World... We'll see though. But definitely would have been done for a full fledged 1vs1 mode where you control a team of 3 players somehow

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Is Ariana Grande confirmed for this yet? She's the only Final Fantasy character that interests me.

Game looks much better without UI

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
That artwork of Noctis looks so off compared to how he looked in his own game which is odd since it's drawn by his original creator. Did they update his design after Nomura left the project?

They did not, but Nomura didn't draw Noctis very often anyways. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this Dengeki cover may have been the last time we've seen Nomura's Noctis art prior to this?

3bf5249abe9537389e466217203de7fe--final-fantasy-type--lightning-final-fantasy.jpg

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this isnt like 012 were some of the costumes are completely unattainable now.

Unrelated but I found this picture that lists the casts ages. Thought it was interesting.
tumblr_oyddj72RqL1wtvey7o1_1280.jpg

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
They did not, but Nomura didn't draw Noctis very often anyways. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this Dengeki cover may have been the last time we've seen Nomura's Noctis art prior to this?

3bf5249abe9537389e466217203de7fe--final-fantasy-type--lightning-final-fantasy.jpg
He drew this quick sketch for a Final Fantasy 25th anniversary event, but that's pretty much it for publicly shared illustrations.
latest

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless the timeline are different, Jecht was 13 when Tidus was born

The explanation I read is that's the age he became Sin. Same with things like Sephiroth, it means he's around that age.

The thing I find weird is that Clouds the only one who's sequel is taken account of. He's listed as 23 which means there taking from Advent Children. But all the other characters with sequel have their ages taken from their first game.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
The explanation I read is that's the age he became Sin. Same with things like Sephiroth, it means he's around that age.

The thing I find weird is that Clouds the only one who's sequel is taken account of. He's listed as 23 which means there taking from Advent Children. But all the other characters with sequel have their ages taken from their first game.
Probably because Cloud and Lightning in this game is in Advent Children/Lightning Returns form in terms of NT's main story, while other characters are from their base game.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Huh did not even realize that. Wonder what the logic for that is?
Basically, the story of NT is set after the original PSP game. Some characters are represented with their later appearances to reflect this.
That said, I'm not sure why the FF4 characters are listed with their original ages though. I would think their Interlude ages would work well with this.

DKHF

Oct 28, 2017
As I guessed a few days ago (after reading the stream description mentioning a movie to be shown) it seems they will show the Visual Works opening for Dissidia NT in tonight's stream(link). Looking forward to seeing it.

Last edited:

AdvancedWind

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Hopefully this isnt like 012 were some of the costumes are completely unattainable now.

Unrelated but I found this picture that lists the casts ages. Thought it was interesting.

Rough translation of the extra details on Lightning and Y'shtola's ages
Lightning: Age 21 (Though she may have transcended the concept of age)

Y'shtola: Age - Forever 23 (But her younger sister is 26...ahem..)

AdvancedWind

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Does that mean no new characters until release? Also, weird that there's no Ramza or Ace on the trailer. Maybe they appear on scenes involving other characters on an extended cut and by other characters I mean Delita because of course he's a base character. .

DKHF

Oct 28, 2017
Does that mean no new characters until release? Also, weird that there's no Ramza or Ace on the trailer. Maybe they appear on scenes involving other characters on an extended cut and by other characters I mean Delita because of course he's a base character. .
I think there won't be any new characters until the first DLC

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, that is gorgeous.

I didn't know the max level was so damn low, though. The more I hear about the game, the more disappointed I get. I really want to be excited for this, but it's hard to when it seems to be lacking so much from the original games. It doesn't even have RPG elements, right? *sighs*

Oh, this is cool. Never knew their ages before. Didn't realize how young so many of the protagonists are. Then again, that's common in Japanese titles.
Unless the timeline are different, Jecht was 13 when Tidus was born
It actually says mid-30's for Jecht.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm really excited for this! Can't wait to give it a go again!

Spoilers but I love the fact that my two favorite heroes, Cecil and Noctis, interact with each other at least once (that I know of) so far!

Wait, if Cecil is only 23, then I guess he's still from original Final Fantasy IV instead of The After Years like it's listed here. Though maybe since its the latest game he was featured in (I'm still sour that he didn't make an appearance in World of Final Fantasy) they decided to add that.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those gif look so good. I thought the cutscene was a bit too fast to catch awesome moments like those.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same but this feel like it is nothing comparable to the first 2 games.
No leveling, no crafting, no customizations, no unique battle quote depending on the opponent, no more overworld nor grib based solo campaign, focus on 3 vs 3, limited moveset since you don't learn new skills.
Everything that made those games awesome was thrown out of the window.
Yeah unfortunately I don't think that type of content, both quality and quantity, with current gen AAA production values is feasible, investment-wise. Same goes for JRPG in general :/

That Miss Universe walk.
"Hi my name is Noctis Lucis Caelum from the now dead city of Insomia!"

Ryno

Oct 25, 2017

Funny thing is I'm pretty sure this is fan-made. It crops off where it's from on the bottom. https://twitter.com/DFFACwiki/status/910875128115871744

So guys is 1 v 1 gonna be in the final game or not? Really worried.
In custom lobbies.

Last edited: