• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Play Online for Free on STEAM and PlayStation®4 Starting March 12
LOS ANGELES (Feb. 28, 2019) – SQUARE ENIX® today announced that for the first time, its fast-paced team brawler DISSIDIA® FINAL FANTASY® NT Free Edition is coming to the PC (via STEAM®) and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT Free Edition offers players the opportunity to try out a limited roster of characters on a weekly basis. A variety of characters and weapons are also available for individual purchase. This ensures that favorite characters can be a permanent member of a player's roster. Players of the free edition can also play online* against existing players of the full game.

* An active PlayStation®Plus subscription is required to play online for PlayStation®4 system users.

Developed in partnership with veteran fighting game studio Team NINJA from KOEI TECMO GAMES, DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT is a unique 3-vs-3 team-based brawler, where players work together to overcome their rivals and dominate the battlefield. Featuring legendary characters from throughout the FINAL FANTASY series, powerful summons, online and offline play modes, character skins, and a new original story, DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT welcomes players of all types to enter the arena. With DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT Free Edition, players can enjoy a sample of the full game and discover the epic multiplayer encounters only available in its unique online arena.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Switch ?

Edit: This aint portbegging, OP failed their title and put Switch instead of Steam :""")

Last edited:

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Oh! I have to get into the game again then. Really good news and hopefully it brings in enough players to speed up the MM a bit!

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I thought the free version is already available on PS4?

Only in Japan.

This begs a ton of questions, does this mean crossplay? I know that there are mechanisms for JP Arcade players to unlock certain things in the JP PS4 game.

Edit: stop spamming the thread with "switch?", people, you can clearly see it was a typo.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Finally we get the free version, the Steam version is a crazy surprise though. Doubt it will be crossplay though.

So glad cause this will bring more life to the MM.

Still one of my favorite PS4 games, and hope it continues to get more support, be it more DLC season passes or such.

prudis

Oct 25, 2017
CZ
Does this mean that there will also be the full game on Steam?
chech the steampage ....
Free version is just 4chars rotating + Player vs AI and PvP
unknown.png

Paid version has everything including story mode

cJ5k7Wz.png

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
So is pc only getting the free version or what?

Square enix please

Edit: so it's the full version too after all

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So uhh... surely the full game will be on Steam as well then. Will get eventually, glad I waited.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
the is kinda fun when you get into a match with 6 players and it isn't a lagfest

definitely worth trying imo

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I bought the game for $30 last year and I haven't even played it yet. Such a shame that SE ditched almost all the RPG elements from the previous entries...

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
This is nice, but not sure I'd even play it when I passed on the full version in the Clearance bin at Target for 10 bucks.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Free version is out since a while in Japan, works like DOA5, good system.
Nice surprise that it's coming to Steam!

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So much port begging here 🙄 I'll give it a shot, not too into the 3v3 in the game. It seens too chaotic.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Not hating but im kinda surprised how much SE is still invested in this project - it never had some real buzz and i wonder with audience they are targeting at this point since most casual FF fans are on mobile anyway.

Does the game have a healthy playerbase ?

Zerokingx

Oct 29, 2017
Not hating but im kinda surprised how much SE is still invested in this project - it never had some real buzz and i wonder with audience they are targeting at this point since most casual FF fans are on mobile anyway.

Does the game have a healthy playerbase ?
Well NT is just a port of the arcade game that came out in 2015 with added stuff so the fanbase is already there that why they update like every month

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit. I've been hoping the game would come to PC, but I didn't think it would because of how it underperformed on PS4. I've been sort of itching to get back into it recently, so I might have to get it on Steam.