• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

miku

Oct 25, 2017
the future
i16SHrj.jpg

Ajy6l9w.jpg
yruGxNH.jpg
WryGN5m.jpg
LvPZRZK.jpg
lEWZnJV.jpg

W9TPphD.jpg

y18obya.jpg

juQg6jG.jpg

3d9IBOV.jpg

CO1YcZl.jpg

4tSH7z0.jpg

0ZRLLwo.jpg

34r6mUW.jpg

BoDQ1u2.jpg
wAuDirX.jpg

MHhZeIb.jpg

fxyQJyN.jpg

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Trailers
Announcement Trailer
Overview Trailer
Jump Festa Trailer
Opening Cinematic

Links
Official Japanese Website (Arcade)
Official English Website
Dissidia Network
Dissidia Community Database

Mod edit: The OP has not been active since posting this thread several weeks ago. This post has been updated with additional information and graphic design by Raijinken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just pre-ordered it the other day. Havn't played any of the Beta's yet though, just waiting for English release. Gonna main my man Nocto tho.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will be there day 1 for the English release. This, DBFZ and MHW are gonna destroy my free time.

Will be maining Cecil and Y'shtola. Maybe play Cloud on the side.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Yay! Just going to wait for english release, but at least we have the open beta coming up. Game is a ton of fun! Wish that WoL pre-order bonus was elsewhere, have a lot of gamestop credit so just buying it there. No way to trade for that I think with it being on psn store :(

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! Looking forward to the NA beta and definitely getting this day one.

I will reign supreme as the cup noodle prince.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Bah, I haven't played the game in an arcade for so long that I can't link my account. Well, guess I'll have to remember about it the next time I'm near the AC version.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I can't believe I'm going to eat Cup Noodles...... the lengths we go to.

Annnyway, gonna main my Babu (Cloud) with some Tidus, Noctis, and Y'shtola. Maybe some Bartz too.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
The Japanese PSN release is in a couple of hours. Does anybody know if it will be multi language or even have English subtitles? If it's the same I'd rather pick it up today and start playing.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quoting from the other thread.
They just teased the season pass characters
DTLel3KVMAAzY9q.jpg:large

character 1 - male/brand new to the series/second half of numbered title
character 2 - male/brand new to the series/first half of numbered title
character 3 - female/brand new to the series/second half of numbered title
character 4 - male/brand new to the series/second half of numbered title
character 5 - female/from previous Dissidia game/second half of numbered title
character 6 - male/brand new to the series/second half of numbered title

For the DLC characters I'm guessing
Ardyn
Locke or Minwu
Serah
Balthier
Yuna or Prishe
Vivi

Oct 25, 2017
Getting the Brawler edition. Screw SE for making the nameless warrio outfit digital preorder exclusive though. These better become available eventually. The unobtainable outfits in the PSP games was bullshit.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
Quoting from the other thread.

For the DLC characters I'm guessing
Ardyn
Locke or Minwu
Serah
Balthier
Yuna or Prishe
Vivi

I suspect it might be a bit early for the XV antagonist - meanwhile, the ones from XI to XIV are still missing, so I'd drop Ardyn from the list for the time being.

Since I root for XI (somebody has to), and Yuna's more famous than Prishe, making her more likely, maybe Zeid can be the Spiritas-side male antagonist, or Lilith can be the female newcomer (if someone like Rinoa or Beatrix doesn't take that slot - Serah seems unlikely to me compared to other XIII characters).

I wish they'd clarify if Opera Omnia counts for the newcomer bit, its extended cast reads like a list of possible candidates, but still leaves some good options out...

Oct 25, 2017
character 1 - male/brand new to the series/second half of numbered title (Additional hint: Villain)
character 2 - male/brand new to the series/first half of numbered title
character 3 - female/brand new to the series/second half of numbered title
character 4 - male/brand new to the series/second half of numbered title
character 5 - female/from previous Dissidia game/second half of numbered title
character 6 - male/brand new to the series/second half of numbered title

1) I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off on Ardyn until his DLC is out. Maybe a XIII or XIV villain instead. Caius or Gais/Zenos. I'd like Nael but that's technically a female character.

2) Locke apparently got a voice actor recently, so that may be a hint.

3) Beatrix or Ashe would be great.

4) Blathier maybe? He was apparently considered for the PSP games so it would make sense.

5) Yuna/Prishe are the only possibilities. I want Prishe, but it's gonna be Yuna.

6) Vivi or Snow maybe?

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
BAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRTZZ!

*ahem*

Freelancing all of the things.
Looking forward to the eventual return of Big Gil as well.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
No Tifa based on the DLC hints. Great won't even bother to buy it at a discount.

Rayokarna

Oct 29, 2017
I'll be hosting locals for this game at my work place for the foreseeable future.

Loving of what I've played, hoping the competitive scene sticks around in the UK

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
How much is the season pass?

Anyone know how the story actually functions? Is it currency for story cutscenes or is there an actual campaign like Dissidia and Dissidia 012?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Just a note on the Cup Noodles stuff: it doesn't have to be the Dissidia-themed cups. I bought a regular cup yesterday and still managed to get a code for the outfit. All you do is text CUPNOODLES to 87963, and then send a picture of your receipt in response to the message you get.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Snow Vivi or Beatrix, nice picks.

Locke's addition would be neat imo but the the odds to see Celes in the game at some point wouldn't be thst high...

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Done with the streaming for today, 1,5 hours of fun multiplayer. Can't wait to play more tomorrow against people who didn't buy the digital version to play at midnight.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
I played the original Dissidia for over 300 hours and Duodecim for Over 250. Started with Tidus main and Emperor sub, but eventually switched to maining Jecht full time (with Emperor still as secondary; also liked Sephiroth, Cloud, and Yuna, with Laguna as my fun shit character). I bought a PSP for the original Dissidia and absolutely loved the games (eventually migrated Duodecim to Vita and retired my PSP).

But as much as I want to, I can't justify getting this. Not on PS4. I barely get a chance to play my PS4 as it is. I love fighters, bought a bunch of them for PS4, and outside of SFV (and seldom that, as SF is my favourite series), I don't play any of them. Real Life™ just gets in the way too much, and I simply can't devote huge blocks of time to sitting down in front of a TV and playing much any more.

I'd pick up a Vita version in a heartbeat. But if I get this on PS4, I'll likely play it once or twice, then never touch it again. No matter how magnificent Jecht is(?).

(Also, I can't say I'm fond of the 3 on 3 format)

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I actually stocked the damn Nissin Noodles with the Dissidia codes the other day.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me if there are any other game modes besides story and online?

Other than online there is Free Battle, Rush Mode, and Practice.

There are 2 different game types that you can apply to Free and Rush though which is Core Defense and the normal style fights.

Boss fights are its own mode I think.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Just a confirmation - the Japanese version of Dissidia NT doesn't have English. Checked both the in game options and switched the console to English.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know yet what content will be in the open beta? What mode(s), characters, stages, etc.?

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone confirm a few things:

1) Can you switch between your 3 party members during single player

2) Does the game have any form of local/LAN play -- if so, is it only 2 player?

3) What's training mode look like

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Lightning is many things.

But she is no goddess of mine.

Also JP box art is superior to the US one by far.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time to experience the long awaited battle between Sephiroth and.....

Lightning. Damn it all!