• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is online nowadays? I enjoyed the game tons but had to stop because of too much work. The season pass is shaping up nicely too so starting to get interested in the game again.

I bought the game this week. It was only 15 bucks but the online is mediocre. Takes long to matchmake and half of the matches are laggy. This is some p2p shit.

Outside of online there isn't much to do. 012 was far better though I don't regret it. Its still fun to brawl with the FF cast.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
There's so little to do outside of online that I've started taking to playing 1 on 1 matches and then use the brief window of opportunity to take screenshots with a free camera

DiJRkxoUYAAfcZ_

DiJRlQ4UcAASpy2

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Turns out I'm really enjoying playing as Ramza!

I was so excited when this happened. I was dreading this match since my two team mates were COMs and the other team had two real people but they fell for my trap :D

Caim

Oct 25, 2017

Insomnia finally being added as a stage in October.

Squall and Firion are also next to get a refresh update.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This game might get a popularity boost when the leaked characters become characters but at the moment I heard it's really doing poorly.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I wish these story scenes had an ounce of effort put into them. It's basically always just 3-4 random characters standing out in the middle of nowhere asking each other what to do next and since no one knows they just walk off.

Like, what's the point of even adding them.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So it's showing up on the US PS Store but it's showing up as 5.99 despite the fact that I have the season pass.

Also I forgot the Academia stage and Terra/Lightning rework came out with this.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Next Dissidia broadcast is on September 11th at 8pm JST. New character being shown off (XI guy, Yuna, or Snow).

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally got into this this week. Going for the platinum to complete my FF trophy collection. Just beat Shinryu Hard Mode, so all I have left is lots of grinding for the rest of the trophies.
With all these crazy feat trophies, I have trouble believing I'll even be able to finish them all within 300 wins.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
If someone wants to make a thread about this spot they just randomly put out for DFFNT, it might be good for some laughs.

One of the more bizarre ad campaigns I've ever seen. I guess they don't have much to lose, but jeeeezus.

Oct 25, 2017
I have not paid ANY attention to Record Keeper, so it kind of blows my mind that a mobile game has better remixes than DISSIDIA..

I've been waiting for the DLC characters to come out before I jump back in... where are we with those? And are they supposed to get added to the story in some way?

Also with all the guest characters most fighting games are doing nowadays, It would be sick if 2B or the Luminary from DQXI got added in the future :/

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for the DLC characters to come out before I jump back in... where are we with those? And are they supposed to get added to the story in some way?
The latest DLC from the Season Pass (Kam'lanaut) will be added to NT this month. That will make 4 out of the six characters released so far.

There were some story scenes added but the only DLC character that received cutscenes was Vanye. So not every DLC character will come with cutscenes that features them.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
I have not paid ANY attention to Record Keeper, so it kind of blows my mind that a mobile game has better remixes than DISSIDIA..

Also with all the guest characters most fighting games are doing nowadays, It would be sick if 2B or the Luminary from DQXI got added in the future :/

It's particularly interesting with the Type-0 stuff, because the arrangements featuring Chris Ito were the worst part of NT's soundtrack, but both of Ishimoto's pieces with her from RK were pretty decent.

Still, most of the RK stuff is in Dissidia now anyway.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet they now have a third person overview for spectator mode now so you can see everything now.

Edit: Well almost it zooms out and you can pan the camera around.

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
As was FFXV's Insomnia stage.

There's also a glitch with story mode. It will show the new cutscenes as being at the end, but those are old. The new ones are positioned along Vaan, Y'shtola, and the Onion Knight's route and if it shows as already viewed on your account then the battle is rendered as complete and therefore unplayable :(

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Yeah. The old Ramza and Kain scenes are now displaying as not viewed, and I have new Kam'lanaut scenes that are displaying as viewed, with a battle completed too.

It's weird that Locke and Rinoa didn't get any scenes.

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
New character week is great because trying out new characters is so fun.

But new character week sucks since everyone is trying out the new character xD

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the game yesterday and I don't understand the ending...
When do the cutscenes with Kain, Ace and Ramza take place ? After the story ?
Didn't the characters went back to their worlds after Memories of them were given physical forms in the end credit scene ?
Why do Cloud of Darkness and Exdeath care about the erasure of a world ? Isn't it their whole gimmick ? Same for Kefka.

I knew the story was bad... but ish... Not that bad.

Also, any tip for the "In the nick of time" trophy ?

Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Played two matches online so far. First match Triumph(original) was the theme second match Etro's Champion(arranged) was the theme. So fun to play to those tracks.

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for In the nick of time ?

I used Y'shtola.
It works better with human players if you've been trying with the MTU trick, since they actually attack more.
Basically just constantly switch targets and spam her long range quick attacks and hopefully you'll interrupt some attacks.
Ace also works pretty well for this.
You get 12 points for every successful interrupt. Dragging out the match for as long as possible and not worrying about winning helps too.
On the results screen of a match, press square to see more details.
One of the results is "Allies Saved". If you have 60 points or more here, that means you met the requirements for that match. Just gotta do that 30 times.
I've gotten 192 points in a single match before, but also often only got 36 or 48, so it'll take a while. You'll be done way before 300 wins though as long as you're going for it.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
So I have an issue:

I bought the JP version of the game.

I accidently bought the NA DLC. (Character season pass).

The NA title is on sale this week. I was thinking of buying it. However, I believe save states aren't region free. So my Japanese save where I've beat the story mode won't work. (Right?)

Was wondering if someone here could share their NA save?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
So the aeons don't show up for all the attacks anymore, and the only one that does anything like that is Valefor?

That's kinda lame, I loved how that looked in Duodecim.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Well the other summons are actually in the game as summons, it's only Valefor that isn't. So that makes sense.
Sure, but they're designed somewhat differently (and in duodecim they were only popping out of the summoning sphere slightly).

It's not a big concern, barely anything changes as a result. It's just another weird change that I find disappointing and sucks some of the flavor out of the characters.