• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I've tried other gachas but this is really the only I've lasted more than a handful of months (I think Crestoria's my next best at like 4-5 months)

It always gets me when I try others and the number of dupes they want is just absurd, like Crestoria wants like 11 to finish a character + their memoria stone. Like yeah Omnia has many weapons per character but it's essentially one per era and it's not a hassle to max them from a single. The other weapons as well are really fed to you so it's not a concern, you just want to snag that FR & BT.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried other gachas but this is really the only I've lasted more than a handful of months (I think Crestoria's my next best at like 4-5 months)

It always gets me when I try others and the number of dupes they want is just absurd, like Crestoria wants like 11 to finish a character + their memoria stone. Like yeah Omnia has many weapons per character but it's essentially one per era and it's not a hassle to max them from a single. The other weapons as well are really fed to you so it's not a concern, you just want to snag that FR & BT.

Maybe that's been OO's problem: it doesn't exploit players enough to make money.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If someone still plays, there's a free costume token for finishing today's new event Lufenia (Dusk to Dawn Ogres Parade the Night) and another one same day next month.
Also, Happy New Year I guess.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
I played this since launch but fell off around the time Record Keeper ended. Sad to see this go. I had fun with it and enjoyed it.

I played this, RK and Brave Exvius and am surprised BE is the one left standing.

Never got into the tactics style one.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
If someone still plays, there's a free costume token for finishing today's new event Lufenia (Dusk to Dawn Ogres Parade the Night) and another one same day next month.
Also, Happy New Year I guess.

Easily picking Yunie's wedding dress and Aerith's red dress most likely. Thanks for the heads up. I'm still playing but mostly only doing the free draw. I'll get to the last dare to defy this month.

I'm happy to experience 2 free costumes but man it will suck when it goes away forever ;_;

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
And just finished the last D2D 😥 I still had quite a few units left to choose from after all were done. At least I got to upgrade some units that I had, but not maxed and test them out.

Never thought in a million years that I would play a mobile game, especially a gacha game this long, but here I am doing just that lol.

Funny how DFFOO closes and rebirth is coming out at the same time. Truly a rebirth 😋

I am also convinced those quote quests are not working for me. I bring the required units and still can't seem to complete them

I was searching for the DFFOO thread and found this interesting post 😝

I'm also expecting it to be translated in multiple languages, otherwise I will lose interest really quick if it's English only.

I will post again once the game is gone for good

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
My FF Fanboyism proved to be too strong, it happened last year again with FF XVI despite the game losing a lot of steam halfway in, I still went for the Plat and ended up disliking the game.
When I play a game daily, I'm really serious about them, and that's why I'm done with Gachas.
But also, FFBE just removed other languages and I have so much trouble keeping my interest lmao, this is most likely the last month I'm playing that as well.

Last edited:

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Scenario/writing and localization teams really hit it out of the park with their work. They should definitely be proud. Hope to see their work in future games Dissidia or otherwise.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Apparently Nomura is talking about DFFOO End of Service

View: https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1753676715375862184

Talks about how he didn't expect it to stay this long and he personally oversaw the auditions for the characters voices and hopes to bring back Dissidia again in the future

It's not exactly the best answer I was hoping for but I'm very happy that so many appreciated the story. It was just something truly special to see all these characters come back to life and some villains even becoming heroes.

Im finishing off the final dare to defy EoS stages this week and I'm gonna take pictures of all my teams so I can remember this game.

Also: supposedly the final chapter in JPN has a message once you finish it saying : Their adventures continue/A New Journey/ Novum Itum

And the final boss is Cloudsea Djinn Garland (super damn cool that they got to include him) as far as I know he's only ever been a alt costume for Garland in dissidia and appeared in some artworks.

Dissidia: Novum Itum as the next title? I don't want another gacha though. This game deserves the full console treatment for a sequel with English VA.

And may Rikku forever be in our hearts

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
And the final boss is Cloudsea Djinn Garland (super damn cool that they got to include him) as far as I know he's only ever been a alt costume for Garland in dissidia and appeared in some artworks.
FFRK also had a VI style sprite costume based on that artwork for the character in question. Never took it off XD but glad SE remembers the artwork enough to reference it repeatedly in recent times/outings.

Living rent free in my head since booting up FF Origins back in the early 2000's.

Last edited:

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
It's not exactly the best answer I was hoping for but I'm very happy that so many appreciated the story. It was just something truly special to see all these characters come back to life and some villains even becoming heroes.

Im finishing off the final dare to defy EoS stages this week and I'm gonna take pictures of all my teams so I can remember this game.

Also: supposedly the final chapter in JPN has a message once you finish it saying : Their adventures continue/A New Journey/ Novum Itum

Dissidia: Novum Itum as the next title? I don't want another gacha though. This game deserves the full console treatment for a sequel with English VA.

And may Rikku forever be in our hearts

I think Novum Itum is just Latin for "new iteration" or something, so I doubt that would be the official title. Just their fanciful styling on saying "Dissidia will return?"

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Done with D2D. All items/characters maxed. Leftover gems and resources? you betcha! Was way too conservative in how I used my resources. The only Gacha game I've kept up with content/story wise. Gonna miss it. Prob gonna daily pull and log 'til EOS day.

Apparently Nomura is talking about DFFOO End of Service

View: https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1753676715375862184

Talks about how he didn't expect it to stay this long and he personally oversaw the auditions for the characters voices and hopes to bring back Dissidia again in the future

Neat. Scenario team was indeed great.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Discovered recently this game is ending service.

I always avoid to play online games, because I normally dislike the idea to enjoy a game I may not able to play in the future.

OO was the only gacha I played, and the first and hopefully the last, I used real money to buy in-game currency.

Enjoyed a lot of my time with it, the story and characters interactions was really nice. For a time it was my main game, specially when I was an intern working in morning and college at night, and barely was home.

Stopped playing around Lufenia era, because my playtime was mainly during public transport, in bus or subway, and I was not able to do 30 minute fights on it. I finally got time to play other games, and one day I put it down.

Hopefully we see more from Dissidia series soon, I enjoy the PSP games a lot and Opera Omnia was a nice surprise. NT I still play sometimes.

Hope you guys enjoyed your time with it, even with some problems I had with the game, for me was a special game.

RIP

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Haven't posted here in a while and haven't played for even longer but watching the stream is really bringing the feels...

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well this is it, this is truly the end.
Thanks everyone for the great moment we shared with our loved game, I surely won't forget it.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm getting so emotional at the end here.... I cried a bit

See you in the next adventure!

Last edited:

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Definitely an emotional ending and well deserved, absolutely gonna miss the DFFOO community.

Still got my tickets/gems I'll finally have to unload in these couple days

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Final Koge Cat Tax :')
image.png

Aranea

Oct 25, 2017
Well, last log in, last pull and the last quest I'll be doing for this game. It's only fitting I end this with the three characters I used for my first team back when I first got into OO when Aranea got added.

It certainly has been fun, but FR era was annoying unfortunately.

I certainly loved the game, but I'm not too sad that it's shutting down, though it is a shame since the game is really fun prior to FR's introduction, and the story is really good when it was still getting updated.

I will miss the interactions between other FF characters though, they did a good job of fleshing out characters that weren't elaborated much with interactions like Kadaj/Cloud, Leonora/Xande and of course, Cinque with everyone lol

IMG_3831.png

IMG_3833.png

IMG_3836.png

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Only one hour until the game is gone forever. I spent most of my last day on it even though all content was already done. I messed around with a few characters I didn't use as much and took many screenshots. Here's my final screen! Words can't express how much I loved this game. It was a journey with all of you. Thanks for all the help you guys gave me in this thread and the community in general! It is time to finally end the Rikku memes!

IMG_3674.png

IMG_3681.png

May we meet again in DFFOO 2! Or the next adventure!

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Start streaming it to midnight finally unloading my stock of gems & tickets... didn't get anything new lol but obv at that point it doesn't matter. Wasn't even anyone I was particularly needing but I had to use those resources.

Ultimately a bit of mourning at the end getting that new splash screen of the terminated service from February 29th, RIP DFFOO.