• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Leviathan Chaos, oh so much pain is coming. That's also very early but the summon board point pool QoL is coming faster so I don't mind.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wazzy She is coming!

8v5giaw1bjfc.jpg

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I forgot when Noel's banner was leaving and saw it was gone last night. I had like 240 pity points and still had neither EX from the banner.
Ah well, guess all the extra I have now will go to Sherlotta.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Okay so Ultimecia is before Lyse. Prioritizing Ultimecia over anyone else here. So we get one free EX plus weapon right from the login campaign? I wonder who I will pick. Maybe I will have to go all in on Cloud lol

Sherlotta will be ... tickets XD

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Okay so Ultimecia is before Lyse. Prioritizing Ultimecia over anyone else here. So we get one free EX plus weapon right from the login campaign? I wonder who I will pick. Maybe I will have to go all in on Cloud lol
A friendly reminder that you need a

DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Sherlotta banner is close. Now I'm contemplating if I wait for her banner to pull her EX before I go for the Leon EX. Whatcha think?

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Good stuff coming! Crazy we're already up to another summon board. It's all happening so fast!

Cloud and Garnet awakenings for sure, and hopefully poor Vincent if I can get enough T5 white crystals. I'll probably buy Garnet's alt too. Her default bugs me. Not sure on Ulti. I fell for Rinoa hype then barely used her lol. Sherlotta is a definite then maybe Evil Rinoa.

Damn, I forgot when Noel's banner was leaving and saw it was gone last night. I had like 240 pity points and still had neither EX from the banner.
Ah well, guess all the extra I have now will go to Sherlotta.
Aw that sucks you just missed it. On the upside though, just a friendly reminder that you can still grab two power stones in the token exchange. I tend to forget about those after I'm done with a banner so figured I'd throw that out there.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Leon has his niche, he can cheese a few fights. He'd be a great fit with Golbez and his dark imperil.
I will use 20 tickets max on him, only because I already got Leon MLB.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Good stuff coming! Crazy we're already up to another summon board. It's all happening so fast!

Cloud and Garnet awakenings for sure, and hopefully poor Vincent if I can get enough T5 white crystals. I'll probably buy Garnet's alt too. Her default bugs me. Not sure on Ulti. I fell for Rinoa hype then barely used her lol. Sherlotta is a definite then maybe Evil Rinoa.

Garnet disappointed me even when I got her EX a bit. Rinoa was crazy useful for the first 2-3 months she released and I cleared so many fights with her. Now she struggles cause everything can kill her very easily. Her EX plus gives her a bit more damage but Ultimecia is better in everything as far as I can tell. I would definitely pull for her to make Chaos less hard and she's gonna be an amazing unit in general as she's Queen of longevity too! Cloud will be really beast too. Happy you can use him again :)

Any releasing soon are good. My point was not to just get 1 dps.

Cloud and Ultimecia would be great for example

Yeah that's my plan! Everyone is hyping Cloud xd

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Garnet disappointed me even when I got her EX a bit. Rinoa was crazy useful for the first 2-3 months she released and I cleared so many fights with her. Now she struggles cause everything can kill her very easily. Her EX plus gives her a bit more damage but Ultimecia is better in everything as far as I can tell. I would definitely pull for her to make Chaos less hard and she's gonna be an amazing unit in general as she's Queen of longevity too! Cloud will be really beast too. Happy you can use him again :)

It you can afford it, I'd throw garland in as well. He is a SUPER dps (more than Cloud and Ultimecia) but has longevity issues

Another alternative is fang, not because of her dps but her ability to launch so your team can dump hp on enemies

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI

True, if I hadn't pulled for Vayne, Rinoa probably would have gotten more use but Vayne was such a huge surprise and his kit was so fun (plus punching dudes instead of using the four swords you have hovering behind you is pretty boss). Both him and Lenna were my team anchors for a good while but their age is starting to creep in, although I did complete the recent raid cosmos with Lenna. She's been a real superstar.

I probably will pull for Ulti after all, I do have a habit of changing my mind on pulls all the time lol. Plus it's nice that I have Cloud ready aside from his EX upgrades so I don't have to chase much next month other than Sherlotta.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Illogical as it is, I'm already anticipating fighting an itchy trigger finger when the Vincent EX banner rolls out. I have every other weapon on the banner MLB'ed, and yet the FF7 fan in me only sees the new shiny. Thankfully there's enough coming soon where I'm confident I can resist (famous last words.)

Not sure if this has been discussed, but are the co-op rewards from these streams basically the global version of the monthly allowances that the JP version gets?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Illogical as it is, I'm already anticipating fighting an itchy trigger finger when the Vincent EX banner rolls out. I have every other weapon on the banner MLB'ed, and yet the FF7 fan in me only sees the new shiny. Thankfully there's enough coming soon where I'm confident I can resist (famous last words.)

Not sure if this has been discussed, but are the co-op rewards from these streams basically the global version of the monthly allowances that the JP version gets?
Yes, even though we get 2k less gems than them.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Ahh, I feel November's a lot more manageable in terms of sheer amount of content. October was insane with Ramuh to start the month, the story chapter, and then the COSMOS raid.

Although looking at the forecast...are there any co-ops/raid events besides Garland and Ultimecia's event banners? It doesn't seem like there's one associated with Cloud/Vincent's 70 Awakening batch, and there usually aren't any co-ops with new summon boards either.

As for my plans this month, I already have Cloud's EX so he'll be my first to realize. Otherwise, I'm prepared to pity Sherlotta and Ultimecia, and throw some tickets at Fang EX and the Tifa/Kefka EX banner. One suggestion for all those prepared to pity Sherlotta, it'd be worthwhile to throw some tickets at her as well on the off-chance you luck out and save gems. The reason being is threefold: 1) She's the last single EX banner, so 10x1 multipulls will have a higher chance to net an EX afterwards (even though it may not be the specific EX you're aiming for); 2) From what I understand, once EX+ banners come out, Book of Ruins are available for purchase with 200 G-Tokens; 3) We'll soon be able to restock tickets again with Leviathan. Gems are simply going to hold more value after her banner. My strategy would be to allot out how many tickets you're willing to throw at Sherlotta in the worst case scenario (ie. 75k gems spent + however many tickets wasted), and then start with those tickets first.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Slower month, but a hype/dreaded one. Wish we got the full summon board QOL, but it's a nice first step. Gonna hard pull Sherlotta and Ultimecia when they drop.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Global did skip Vaan rework and is just going to wait for Basch event.
He need his EX+ to be good anyway, because his rework doesn't grant him HP+

Also I won't be at home for the Ultimecia event so it's going to be delayed pulls for me :(

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I totally missed the stream and the thread, oh gosh.

Glad we are getting what we knew confirmed, but I don't know if I can even wait a month for Ultimecia, I'm so excited! I can barely wait for Sherlotta!

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
300+ tickets on Aerith/Serah/Ace EX banner = No EX
10 tickets on Leon's banner = EX

gatcha giveth and taketh

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Garland but if he's going to be good for only 1 months, it'd be a waste of EX+ ressources.
Hopefully when his LC drop on JP he gets the buff he deserves.

Ingots being a scarce ressource will definitely impact how I pull, it won't be for fun anymore, but to complete Chaos.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I really like Garland but if he's going to be good for only 1 months, it'd be a waste of EX+ ressources.
Hopefully when his LC drop on JP he gets the buff he deserves.

Ingots being a scarce ressource will definitely impact how I pull, it won't be for fun anymore, but to complete Chaos.

This is perfectly understandable, but I think this is a mindset I think we all need to be wary of.

Chaos is a Long, long era with long content. Early characters will be less usable then ones available later, and Garland is no exception.

However, Cloud is very much the same too, the only reason why he isn't thought as much is because he's literally the first one, and thus is a much needed step in entering the era fresh, and Garland being a nearly pure Dps with longevity issues paired with a character everyone should already have, gets the short end of the stick.

Nobody is useless, Chaos is going to stress team-building to it's limits and everyone who can be used will have to be, what's important is putting the limited resources you get into a diverse set of characters, and making sure to pay attention to how the bosses tick so you don't waste a half hour of your life getting destroyed.

I'm looking forward to those who pull on Garland to do some real damage in Co-op in the future, I like his brutal damage and minor delay ability and I hope he get's his due this time around.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, You Don't have to Complete CHAOS content for the EX+ materials, you only need to Clear it.

As long as you hit the finish line, even if you need to use a few gems to do so, you will get what you need. Completing it is a fun challenge, and I look forward to seeing people do so, but don't stress yourselves out this early, we are not going to be fully prepared.

They even extended the WoL and Garland event 30 Days because of it's difficulty without more EX+ weapons to compensate with.

No matter who you have, as long as you research the boss and do your best, you'll succeed eventually.

For Garland's boss, shaving is a must, since she has the same shield WoL gets, and will not be broken easily.

Fang's EX+ is not going to help much in this one, because she's better against groups, so bring your single hitters. Cloud and Agrias's Paralysis, plus their early EX+, can do wonders against her and keep her down, but make sure you can heal from rough AoE Hp attacks soon, that's going to be a big problem for this entire era, and Garland's boss is no exception.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If I get Sherlotta painlessly, I will try some pull on Garland anyway, even if he falls off, he can still be useful if we get FEoD.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
If I get Sherlotta painlessly, I will try some pull on Garland anyway, even if he falls off, he can still be useful if we get FEoD.

I'm just sad because I want him because I LOVE HIM, and I think his kit is super rad, but I can't afford to mess around if I want Ultimecia and Emperor, two other powerful villains, while pulling for favorited and powerful supports like Faris and Krile.

And I never got SETZER. I'm looking forward to the Next Garland banner, because I'm too sad I can't do this one...

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Showcase of the new Burst weapon

Wazzy Will be happy to see they're using Squall

New Gacha rates

pfirsii4ajzj.jpg

Yes, you see that right, Burst rates is 0.1% on single pulls and 3% on the +1 of the 10+1 ones. Apparently there is other way to get Burst.

For pity :

1r7wwlkdaj00.jpg

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Oh my god burst weapons look so amazing.

0.1% off tickets and 3% off multi pulls? gonna be rough when we get it lol

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god burst weapons look so amazing.
Notice that there is also Legend weapons who gives a new skill, basically the next tier after EX, Burst is the special summon-like mode with the finisher move, it also doesn't use buff turn count as I can see and give special buffs, will get more detail when people who understand Japanese will make a post about it.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yay, burst weapons look over the top ridiculous, in the best possible way! Those rates are terrible though. So long on getting lucky with tickets. :(

Also happy they went with Squall first. He really needed an attack animation that didn't make him look like he was throwing a temper tantrum, and his burst attack looks great. And the train for Omnislash hype is now boarding....

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Notice that there is also Legend weapons who gives a new skill, basically the next tier after EX, Burst is the special summon-like mode with the finisher move, it also doesn't use buff turn count as I can see and give special buffs, will get more detail when people who understand Japanese will make a post about it.

Well later in the video the gold orb changed into a shinier orb and they pulled the burst weapon. The rates are going to be brutal though once we get there. So to break the damage limit it seems you have to be in burst phase right? Does that require the legend weapon?

Either way it's so cool to see this. I'm gonna go crazy once they show Yuna with Nirvana

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nevermind, will have to wait for translations, they kept saying limited buki (weapons) but that's how they call the weapons you can't get off-banner.
Burst weapons don't need to be limited broken so that's good.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Burst weapons are cool, but I'm kinda worried about how they are gonna construct the next era with Burst weapons in mind.

Unlike EX weapons, these don't join the pool at the same rarity as the other high-rank weapon's, these are explicitly hard to obtain, and while I appreciate the fact that they are allowing them to be pitied, the fact remains that they are tying an increasing level of difficulty with an increasing level of luck, not time investment.

Maybe I'm being skeptical, but I think it's fair to be suspicious of these kinds of escalations, especially since, while I love this game dearly, they've tried a lot of stuff they had to walk back on later.

Let's hope that Burst weapons don't become a worse and more neccessary version of EX weapons. They can be super fun, and I appreciate their existence, but I hope that if anything goes wrong they'll do their best to even it out, like they usually do.

Edit:," like, the thing that made EX+ such a good idea was that it was intrinsically tied to the last power up, the EX, making it more simple and much more fair to obtain and improve, given you engaged with the content regularly. With Burst being tied to the Gatcha, it runs into the same power creep issue other gatcha's have, where you now have to either save up forever to get the best thing (even more then usual, I admit), or pay thousands of dollars because they haven't fixed the value of their currency and it's a waste to buy it.

I hope I'm proven wrong in practice, but these are important things to consider, and I trust that the devs will do their best to make it work.

Last edited: