• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll throw tickets at Balthier's EX, he is from my favorite FF and he's still fun to use here and there.

I also can't wait for Penelo's EX, I'm glad she eventually becomes a really good support unit.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I'll throw tickets at Balthier's EX, he is from my favorite FF and he's still fun to use here and there.

I also can't wait for Penelo's EX, I'm glad she eventually becomes a really good support unit.

I wish I could like 12 because it's based of my favorite FF but that gambit system ><

It's like with each new modern FF I keep liking it less than the previous one

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
I'm back to 52 tickets! Not gonna lie it hurts to see that stash so low.

Since hitting 0 tickets last month, I'm back up to 400+ from grinding out summon boards diligently. Knowing you, you'll be hoarded back up in no time; keep your head up!

Personally I am waiting for Balthier ex which is supposed to be out in about a month.

I highly recommend pulling on him because you saw how having a dispeller was so effective for agrias chaos. He is also more offensive than Faris.

I've paid little to no attention to Balthier in this game in spite of being a personal favorite in XII; are his dispels still based on buff-stealing after his rework? Cloud's my current primary dispeller (my Vanille and Faris are both still stuck on their 15cp weapons), and it'd be nice to have someone fill that role more efficiently.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Since hitting 0 tickets last month, I'm back up to 400+ from grinding out summon boards diligently. Knowing you, you'll be hoarded back up in no time; keep your head up!

I've paid little to no attention to Balthier in this game in spite of being a personal favorite in XII; are his dispels still based on buff-stealing after his rework? Cloud's my current primary dispeller (my Vanille and Faris are both still stuck on their 15cp weapons), and it'd be nice to have someone fill that role more efficiently.

Cloud is not really someone you bring if the fight requires a lot of dispel. That means you don't have any dispellers right now.

Balthier already got his rework 4 months ago, he just gets his ex next month which makes him an even better dispeller and dps.

Unless the fight is magic heavy or vanille is synergy (never used Faris for dispel until agrias chaos) Balthier was always my go to dispeller.

He is the only unit that can have the enemies unique buffs

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I've been trying to grind as many power/guard orbs as I can before it goes away.

Still gotta get all the raid rewards too

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone pulling Rem and/or Machina? Would have tried if I had tickets lol
I'm kinda sad because Rem will be super good with Swap Turn not using a turn, I'll have to wait her next banner which is like Machina LC >.<
I guess more chances for Vaan's burst.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I already have Rem EX, so I am not pulling on Machina event

I also have Locke EX, Celes EX, and Vaan EX and this is now my problem....

I was planning on skipping Basch event (and every banner this month except for Agrias and Ultimecia) but a few things

1. I don't have enough yellow crystals (so I basically have to choose between Basch, Yshtola, and Balthier)

2. I don't feel like grinding 4 boards all over again

3. I REALLY love tanks lol

4. He has a niche, but he is VERY VERY VERY good in his niche

I will make my final decision once I do his Chaos stage and see how much he really shines, but Balthier is my priority for yellow. I have tons of gems and tickets, but still I should save them because you never know when something really good comes out.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally completed stages 5 and 6 of Pathos. I'll come back to stage 7 once more EX+'s are available and there's just more characters to pick from.
Anyone pulling Rem and/or Machina? Would have tried if I had tickets lol
I'm kinda sad because Rem will be super good with Swap Turn not using a turn, I'll have to wait her next banner which is like Machina LC >.<
I guess more chances for Vaan's burst.
I'd like Rem's EX, but Agrias' banner took more of my resources than I thought and I don't really care for Machina. I need to keep saving for Basch and the banners after him.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, the summon board QoL updates need to get here because even though it is fun pulling for characters and weapons, you then remember you need to spend time going through their summoning boards.

I felt that recently with Ulti, Agrias, and Faris lol.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I suspected Machina Chaos would be easy and I was correct.

The thing with this fight is you gotta watch out for their speed buff towards the end as they can get multiple turns back to back before you go again. Surprisingly their hp attacks don't do a lot of damage

I admit I was a bit reckless with getting broken so many times, but that's because I either assumed there would be no HP attack and just that the fight really is not that hard xD

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Machina's Chaos completed with WoL/Agrias/Ulti and Ifrit as summon, and thankfully no real difficulties.

If anything, the trickiest part (for me at least) might be the turn requirement so characters with free turns will be really helpful.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got Machina's EX in about 30ish tickets. Don't have power tokens to get his 35CP so I probably won't bother building him up unless I get that off a ticket.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this Chaos felt pretty easy, especially if you compare it to Agrias's (without having her EX nor Faris)
Completed first try with Ulti/WoL/Sherlotta/Agrias friend.
I guess we're finally done with annoying Chaos? We'll see with Lyse's stage.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tossed some tickets towards the banner and, surprisingly, got Rem's EX. :)

Definitely a nice surprise, and I even got a couple of Machina's weapons but no EX unfortunately.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay, I'm dying to get either Faris or Agrias right now, does anyone have a list of reccomended EX+ characters that could fully carry two dead weight characters through Summon boards quickly?

I'm going to try to put some 2xExp characters through what we have in order to pick up some extra tickets, but I wonder if there is anyone in particular that just works very well for all these.

I would say Ultimecia, but she requires three turns of setup to get to where she need to be, and that could be too many to work depending on the boss... Once Zack comes out again, and I can max his EX+, I'm pretty sure he'll dominate Summon board grinding with is rediculous damage and tanking ability. By then, we should also have the update that makes them a lot easier to farm as well, but timing makes it difficult.

There are a few banners before then I'd like to pull on, so hopefully I can nail enough treasures in this weekend to do them.

Edit: I guess I answered my own question by accidentally spending 500 gems to do a single pull and getting Agrias's EX! Her Debuff Success Rate AA guarantees paralysis twice a fight, so it seems incredibly useful for Summon board grinding, especially for Shiva, since it can delay any devastating or time-consuming setbacks during a fight, and her EX (Silence Effect) would deny the overdrives of pretty much every single one of them as well.

I'm planing on making her EX+ out eventually, she seems like a solid "ringer," a good utility support that can act as a pseudo healer in teams that wouldn't have one, that can keep bosses from acting on occasion to help save the party's bacon.

Anyone else getting a lot out of Agrias now that she has her EX+?

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
People on JP doing the latest Chaos in 0 turn

Noctis is OP again with his LD/Burst

I am almost frustrated watching this go so crazy. I'm glad I never got his EX weapon, because I would almost assuredly gain a couple of copies of it if I decided to chase this down in a few months!

This makes me worried, however... this is Chaos getting wrecked by Burst noctis... but how rough is the next difficulty going to be when it hits? I'm sure it will be challenging and interesting, and it's not critically neccessary to do it perfectly, but it's certainly going to look daunting if this difficulty is getting so trounced!

Edit: in any case, I'm gonna hold onto my Ingots until Y'sh gets her due, she's gonna be a perfect support for me to finally cash in on when her Realization becomes avalible! After, I'll try to max out Agrias since she's a solid boss denier, and hopefully I'll get enough Ingots to max Emperor by the time that handsome son of a bitch comes out! Pity be damned!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I actually just finished doing a big Summon board grind with Agrias, Leon and Ultimecia, and I have grown to better appreciate Leon and Agrias's abilities. I'm hoping Leon gets more bosses that help to appreciate his massive ability to suplament an offensive team, reversing all incoming damage into damage of your own through Brave absorbtion is amazing, and his ability to deal damage himself is deceptively competitive as well!

Plus, his EX+ is confirmed and his further ability to support the party through a 40% Atk/MaxBrv Aura continues to cement him as a very offensive support, one that can certainly hold his own over time!

...it's going to be sad when I completely replace him with Zack for regular play, but he's gonna still be amazing in Feod and other multiparty content! Especially since his niche is super unique!

As for Agrias, I love her stuff, denial and a healthy cornerstone of party health recovery makes her a great third choice to round out a team! I can't make the most of her juuuust yet, I have to save up for Y'sh, but I'm gonna make some good use of her once I can unlock her full potential!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Maintenance for Wednesday morning, so the new story chapter/Y'shtola EX+ won't be there at usual event time.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Hrmm looking ahead to 2020, I realize there's not a lot of characters I need to pull for. I'm finally coming full circle to when I first started playing (started around Rosa/Golbez' events). Rosa was my first EX but I never really finished building her so I'm looking forward to breaking her out once she becomes THE meta support.

Balthier's the only fav that I'd want in January, but I don't even necessarily need him since I have Faris now. Emperor's the only meta character I may shoot for in the coming two months, but I don't really care for him as a character. It's crazy to me, after playing some other gacha games, how generous FFDOO is. I'm sitting on a sizable ticket and gem stash, and after the Locke/Celes banner, there's really not much I'm going to invest in. I get to hoard even more lol.

edit - Actually scratch that. I just realized I don't have a single character built out that is super synergy for Ultimate Brothers. I'm going to have to pick one of them up. Unless I'm reading it wrong and one of Serah/Setzer/Vanille acts as super synergy for Brothers too (from what I understand, they will only be SS for the earlier summon boards). Any suggestions on which character is best there?

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Wild point dropoing soon...gonna make summon boards allot easier to grind. Now if we can get rank bonus's early..

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that should make the future summon boards less annoying, hopefully we gets the points increase soon too.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
well I can finally feel good about pulling again now that wild points are out.

I literally lost interest in pulling a new character after what I had to do for Garland and Ultimecia.

first level from 1-70 ~30 minutes
then max 4 summon boards ~2 hours
then do a few coop to get some artifacts ~20 minutes

The above is counting if I use x3 book, will be even longer without using a book.

that is literally 3 hours of set up to get them chaos viable, and that's doing it non stop and doing nothing else. It killed all hype I had for any banner coming up.

Now I am seriously considering pulling on Basch with wild points being out

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
JP had to farm Brother without wild points, and it was hell.
I'm glad we got this update like 3 months early.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So I just wanted to talk about Dimensions End. It got announced that the final name for it will be called Entropy.

Apparently we should be getting 5 DE Entropy stages on Thursday which means you will need at least 15 maxed units to be able to complete it. Obviously certain characters will be better than others despite being maxed

I am BEYOND excited for this. Heretics were some of my favorite (and not so favorite) events and this just exemplifies it even more! Not only is team building going to be critical, but I truly think we are gonna see many different and unique teams completing these stages.

I very rarely watch videos of JP events, so I am going into this mostly blind. I just keep up with JP news and what QoL updates they get and the occasional character showcase. But actual videos of people clearing content in JP I just can't watch because I have no idea what moves they are using or what a move does (especially if its a new unit thats not out in GL or if the unit got reworked)

Good luck everyone on Entropy and remember to use those ingots wisely!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll be able to complete 2 stages max, but I'm severely lacking EX+ right now.
Curious to see how some will be able to do all 5 stages,

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Android users can play, sole hidden QoL is passive groups and free skill uses showing as green numbers, like the recent JP update.
iOS suffer as always.
Quick, someone check if they can awake/realize Y'shtola.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Good news for IOS players, we are getting an extension on events due to this, so anyone who hasn't gotten all the rewards and completed the chaos of the raid, you have more time to do so, and Y'shtola will be avalible for it now too!

Today's feeling gre-

1:48 Canada time update: okay, not feeling great, this is a day off and I'm kinda going bananas waiting for this, I wanna Max out Y'shtola so bad!!!

I mean, credit to DFFOO Reddit member caius, Look at this, what the funk. And be aware, there are many free turns here too, since her EX is a free turn when maxed out.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
tenor.gif

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
has this really been an issue with iOS users?

it took a while for Android to remove the maintenance due to waiting for it to be done.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
has this really been an issue with iOS users?

it took a while for Android to remove the maintenance due to waiting for it to be done.

I mean, the matenince stuff where Apple takes it's sweet time to let us have the update is pretty normal these days, but this is taking an exorbitantly long time for DFFOO to confirm the update is there now since Apple put it through a few hours ago.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, the matenince stuff where Apple takes it's sweet time to let us have the update is pretty normal these days, but this is taking an exorbitantly long time for DFFOO to confirm the update is there now since Apple put it through a few hours ago.
Yeah, it's been 3 hours since the update is available, so the ball is in SE's court to remove the maintenance message.
wow that sucks. now that you guys mentioned it, I think Android has something similar. after I was able to download the update from the store, it still took me an hour to get in game.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Man I thought this was tomorrow. With the extended maintenance, I had a wedding to attend, and errands to run, I barely had time for Entropy, but I managed to perfect the first 2 levels.

I will also be busy most of tomorrow ><

I am currently just trying to go through them and then later see if I need to adjust my team set ups. This is a lot of fun (and frustration)!!!

At least I am using benched units now xD

If anyone wants more details about the first 2 fights let me and know and I will describe them in more detail

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Alright guys, matenince is over! However, we might not get Y'shtola for another hour or two, so try to get as much done now as you can! Event extensions are NOT IN EFFECT YET, so it's unconfirmed if they are still happening right now.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the small update for her awakening, but yes we'll to wait until the banner drop for her bloom/EX+