• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
My artifacts luck s*ck though, I spent 6k gold Eidoja tokens on Emperor and no 108/C50** nor even 108/330
I have 800 pots so I guess in addition to farming the event, to the WoI I go ~

Curious to know who'll be our 2nd Global first, I missed on Beatrix and regretted it, one more week to know!

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Should be! It'll be advertised sooner or later anyway, so stay tuned!

Also, I spent 40,000 Gems trying and got Firion, ran out of gems and tried some ticket pulls for luck and got Emperor's weapon! Hooray! Now I'm gonna outfit him and set him as my support, as he is stupid powerful as a support. I'll go back to Setzer again if it helps!

Now to try to grind Brothers once it comes out tomorrow to get enough tickets to pull the new character!
Brothers doesn't start for another 3+ days.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I wanted to start an honest discussion about who the GL first might be. Every discussion I have seen so far it's just people mentioning their favorite character.....which is not a discussion at all.

The 2 most requested are Rikku and Red XIII, which leads me to believe it might not be them actually! (This is a business after all and they might keep them to push sales at a later date)

If Rikku and Red are 10/10 popularity wise/fan demand, then I think SE might aim for a character that is 8/10 popularity wise.

Something along the lines of the Turks, Araena, Delita, I would say are popular, but not mega popular like Rikku or Red

Also with Red, SE might hold on to him for FF7R marketing purposes (FF7 Anniversary is next week btw which is when people expect the demo to drop as well) So either they release Red as GL first (if they also release the FF7R demo) or hold on to him for the April release.

Whoever the GL first is though, I am positive they will be a powerful unit just like Beatrix was

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to start an honest discussion about who the GL first might be. Every discussion I have seen so far it's just people mentioning their favorite character.....which is not a discussion at all.

The 2 most requested are Rikku and Red XIII, which leads me to believe it might not be them actually! (This is a business after all and they might keep them to push sales at a later date)

If Rikku and Red are 10/10 popularity wise/fan demand, then I think SE might aim for a character that is 8/10 popularity wise.

Something along the lines of the Turks, Araena, Delita, I would say are popular, but not mega popular like Rikku or Red

Also with Red, SE might hold on to him for FF7R marketing purposes (FF7 Anniversary is next week btw which is when people expect the demo to drop as well) So either they release Red as GL first (if they also release the FF7R demo) or hold on to him for the April release.

Whoever the GL first is though, I am positive they will be a powerful unit just like Beatrix was
It's very likely one of these and my money is on Rikku:

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Ok...I'm just starting out. Any good beginner guides out there? Should I focus on the story? Grind people up? Pull like a whale?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ok...I'm just starting out. Any good beginner guides out there? Should I focus on the story? Grind people up? Pull like a whale?

I've made a few posts earlier in the thread, 2 or 3 pages back, that can be very helpful for newcomers, but the easy answer is to go to the DFFOO Reddit and check out their beginner guide.

Cliff notes version: this is a very generous Gatcha RPG where you make a team of three FF Characters, each with unique mechanics and abilities, and fight monsters and bosses.

Banners are for weapons, most characters are gained through playing the story or doing events, but they grow in power in two main ways:

Getting their 5* Weapons, and maxing then out by limit breaking them three times using copies or Power Stones. They have Passives that improve that character's abilities based on their CP total (15CP for Ability 1, 35CP for Ability 2), and they also provide an additional ability called an EX that recharged and has a powerful effect (these are the more desirable weapon for a character, as they are the only part that can only be gained through a banner, and expand a character massively)

Raising their Crystal Level by using coloured crystals gain through events and daily quests for specific crystals. Each character has a colour crystal associated with them that you need to improve their crystal level, and while the first three are easy to get, the fourth and eventually fifth are gained through temporary rewards, either clearing requirements in Lost Chapters, Event Rewards, or Missions. They aren't that hard to get though, you just have to be decerning early on when you have none of them. Crystal Levels 55 and 60 also provide Extensions to abilities one and two respectively, and are not only easy to get, but very important to many character's usability!

To summarize further, play through the story content, and collect Crystals from beating fights and trying out the events or grinding quests in the event tab. Use these crystals to raise the C.Lvl of your favorite characters, or characters you wanna pull weapons for. You will get Gems, the Premium Currency, relatively quickly, and can use them on current Banners to gain weapons for different characters, with the goal of getting an EX or two.

Be warned, if you get a character's weapon from a banner that you don't Have yet, you will automatically unlock that character! Furthermore, if you end up having to pull 15 times (75,000 Gems), and cannot get the EX weapon you want, you will be able to use Banner Specific tokens gained from pulling to Pity the EX, and gain it regardless of bad luck!

As long as you take your time and enjoy the game and the story, you'll have a ton of resources in no time!

Currently, we are coming up on a special 2nd Anniversary Event, so you started at the right time! Try to build up your resources and wait to pull on either the new character coming up soon, a Global Exclusive character Japan won't have seen yet, or Emperor from FFII, who is basically David Bowie and a very powerful magical attacker.

Have fun, and feel free to ask questions if you need to, we're here to help you out!

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Ok just a question. How should I build my team? Besides favorites (Squall...) any character archetype/crystal color I should slot in?

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Ok just a question. How should I build my team? Besides favorites (Squall...) any character archetype/crystal color I should slot in?

Usually you want to run some sort of support in every team. Rosa is currently one of the top supports because of her aura buffs so I would recommend pulling for her full kit alongside Emperor. Beginning there is so many gems to collect so it shouldn't be too hard of a task.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017

Starting out, doesn't matter too much. But as you do pull and flesh out your roster, tends to go [DPS][SUPPORT][FLEX]. Flex can be anything really, such as another DPS, Support, Debuffer, etc. Depending on the level/quest, can even get away with triple DPS. Wouldn't worry about color since it tends to not align with character role...

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

They've said it earlier, Rosa and Emperor are very good to go for right now.

But if you are willing to Reroll a little, your starter banner can get you Squall's EX, and even though he won't get a banner for a while, with time he can become a fantastic physical DPS for you! That EX can't be gained until another banner with him shows up, so if you really want it, you should try a couple of Rerolls for it.

You honestly don't need it for him to be useful to you early on, it'll just make him usable for tougher content and much more powerful.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Emperor's LD :

Explode all his traps, even his EX, but without needing to put them first. Give a 12 turns buff that change his BRV++/HP++ into +++ which trigger his traps without removing the debuff so the trap can trigger again. Seems pretty OP at first glance.
Now imagine how his Burst is going to be.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Emperor's LD :

Explode all his traps, even his EX, but without needing to put them first. Give a 12 turns buff that change his BRV++/HP++ into +++ which trigger his traps without removing the debuff so the trap can trigger again. Seems pretty OP at first glance.
Now imagine how his Burst is going to be.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
If you fused 200 times and didn't get a single CS50**, that's basically statistically impossible.
If you fused 66 times (total of 200 artifacts), you have a .02% chance of that happening.
Yea sorry I fused around 50+ times, didn't actually keep count lol

but yea not a single CS50** yet. I'm not even asking for ATK108 + CS50**, just give me one :(

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
Ok dumb question, should I pull until I get an Ex or 3 copies of said Ex?
I wouldn't. In general, I stop pulling as soon as I get the EX I wanted, but if there's another EX on the banner that I also want, I'll keep going. And if I get close to 100/200/300 G Tokens on the banner, I evaluate whether it's worth another pull or two to get to the threshold to get a power stone and/or book from the Token Exchange.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Cool! just got Squall's EX and I'm stopping for now. So question, I also got his 15 CP weapon in the process. Do I just level it to get the passives? Also, is it worth using my Cycle Keys to open the Black Crystal dungeon today???

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Cool! just got Squall's EX and I'm stopping for now. So question, I also got his 15 CP weapon in the process. Do I just level it to get the passives? Also, is it worth using my Cycle Keys to open the Black Crystal dungeon today???

Yeah, you have to max limit break it+level it to get it's passive. The background will change color (to blue) along with having a "check" mark when you check it's details. If your in need of black crystals, burn those cycle keys.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Get ready y'all! We got Brothers incoming, and we have maintenance keeping us company!

Which means no playing for another 45 minutes. But cool stuff when you can!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Summon boards are 150 now a fight instead of 100 so that'll be nice to speed things up a bit.

Yes! Now global just needs rank bonus! Definately changes my team comps I was planning on using for brothers...

*edit*
19 tickes, Butz and Yuffie EX! Great end to my January pulls!

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Got Yuffie's EX on my second multi; whew that is a huge relief. My savings are safe for the global first.

I know they updated the summon points but now I have 67 wild points left. Not sure how the math came up with that number (I've been traveling and am too tired for math) but honestly that odd number is going to drive my OCD bananas.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I have to admit.... the maintenance scared the heck out of me cause I forgot to clear the shop for Kimahri's event. Luckily... I was able to just in time. Kimahri's Chaos was definitely one of the easier ones. Like even with two support units and one dps it really was THAT easy. Yuna/Y'shtola/Ultimecia all MLB 3/3 destroyed this. Also, based on suggestions here last time I posted I should probably be going for Emperor. I have 330 tickets and my gem stack is building up past 150k which is well great but I should probably pull. I guess i'm gonna do a few tickets on Emperor and pulls.

I'm so tempted to skip everything until Rikku happens (if it even is Rikku) but haha is Yuffie even worth pulling? She was absolute trash for too long now. I wonder if her ex changes things and well ex + of course but I'm so picky with ingots. I maxed Rosa 3/3 cause I like her and it was suggested and also Yuna of course (wasn't suggested but hey she's my favourite) Also, I've been managing with her in chaos to a pretty good degree. I still haven't 3/3 Tifa but I want to. Is she going to fall off soon or remain useful?

Oh and another summonboard grind. Yay! More tickets and gems. Make sure you guys do something else alongside it to cure boredom while grinding. I dont know how anyone can stomach grinding 100+ characters in a few days. Closest I got with Levi and Ramuh was maybe 70+ characters or 80... cant remember.

Edit: they buffed the boards! wow... should be much easier then! Also, just managed to pull Emperor's Ex in 15 tickets so that's great.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Cutting the grind by 50% is definitely a welcome early QoL, maybe in 2 month for the next Ultimate we'll have more points based on rank.
Yolo'd 16 tickets and 0 gold showed up, ok I'll stop there.
Edit : make that 30 tickets and no gold.
My lack of physical DPS and no dispeller is going to hurt me in this Chaos. Maybe it's time to 3/3 Cloud but that'd be a huge waste since he's long passed since he was relevant and using 3 ingots for one fight is just not worth it.

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
The grind is so much faster now with a 3x book.

Tried about 50 tickets and no EX so far. I'll really take either but prefer Yuffie since I have 1K+ red high crystals

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
For some reason I forgot that entropy 6 was today too, despite looking at the schedule 2 days ago lol. So I was happy that there were 2 chaos fights today!

Brothers

Man this fight was a bitch. The best healer for this is Cait, but I wasn't gonna upgrade him for this fight. I ended up doing faris, rosa, wol.

Now the best part about this is that rosa died and I STILL got a perfect LOL. She is fucking OP OMG.

But I would have done things differently if I were to do it again and that is namely that I kept trying to get poison on and wasting my dispel, when I should have used it to get rid of the BRV reduction buff instead. Either way WoL and Rosa had a few skills left by the end of the fight, while faris was exhausted because I kept spamming cannonfire ><

Entropy 6

This fight showed how weak Rosa heals are in an HP damage heavy fight :( I struggled with the phoenix part, but once I passed him I was dominating as my team does great with aoe damage.

Basically after Phoenix I was just trying my best to heal back my team up until I got to final wave

I was surpised to find out that Bad Breath here doesn't always inflict blind. So even though I didn't have debuff immunity, I was able to manage just fine

Great that they changed the elemental resistance and summon board points early compared to when JP got them. With wild points there is no excuse now not to have maxed out boards :P

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Brother Chaos without dispeller.

e0b7b93c-a60b-41da-a0ygjxi.png

No gem revive :P
Team was Y'shtola / Rosa / Garland, just battery and HP+, Y'shtola with low HP so the boss target her and when things go wrong, Rosa auto-revive is here.

I'm actually surprised I could complete all missions but the score one. I got the nuggets and my player mission tab is empty again so it's good enough for me until we powercreep that fight.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

Team was Y'shtola / Rosa / Garland, just battery and HP+, Y'shtola with low HP so the boss target her and when things go wrong, Rosa auto-revive is here.

I'm actually surprised I could complete all missions but the score one.

Nice score 👌

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Gotta ask, is it worth hunting down Rosa right now, or is she coming back anytime soon? I'm looking to pick up some of the higher priority supports coming out later, like Penelo, Arciela, and of course General Leo, but her dual ability to massively buff Atk, Max Brv and Brv Overflow would make the double dream team of Emperor and Ultimecia seem rather possible...

...maybe I'm nuts, I don't know. I should definitely save, I just wanna be greedy since I have no good Brave Overflow character's right now outside of Serah's AA, and it's harshing my ability to use Ultimecia.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Gotta ask, is it worth hunting down Rosa right now, or is she coming back anytime soon? I'm looking to pick up some of the higher priority supports coming out later, like Penelo, Arciela, and of course General Leo, but her dual ability to massively buff Atk, Max Brv and Brv Overflow would make the double dream team of Emperor and Ultimecia seem rather possible...

...maybe I'm nuts, I don't know. I should definitely save, I just wanna be greedy since I have no good Brave Overflow character's right now outside of Serah's AA, and it's harshing my ability to use Ultimecia.

You either get her now, or you don't.

Do you lack support? = pull
You are good on support? = pull

She is a more technical version of yshtola. She isn't as easy as yshtola, but in the right set up she is more devastating

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
You either get her now, or you don't.

Do you lack support? = pull
You are good on support? = pull

She is a more technical version of yshtola. She isn't as easy as yshtola, but in the right set up she is more devastating

I can definitely see that! Hearing this:

Rosa's coming back in 3 months for the Phoenix Cave, share the banner with Barret and Agrias.

Makes the decision to wait a while a lot easier, and I'll definitely have other fun options coming up soon, so I'll skip for now and hope everyone who got her enjoys her power!

Man though, Arciela being a FFIX Red Mage is making pulling her a lot more tempting, so after the Global First Character, I'll save my stuff for her arrival!

I'll try to ticket Yuri if I'm lucky though, that guy is insane. Absolutely Busted, Shaves better then anyone and unleashes hellish amounts of HP damage. He can literally solo Cosmos fights by himself. Plus I think I didn't do anything with Onion Knight's EX, so if I get the bad version of lucky I'll save a few Power Orbs in the process!

(For context, Yuri is from FF Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate, and is a powerful Self-Reliant DPS and Brave Shaver, and he get's his EX+ with Onion Knight from FFIII, a dependable DPS who can hook his party up with Enchant Ice through his AA while he Imperils Ice Weakness in his enemies. Good for turn stealers so it lasts longer, like Ultimecia and VAYNE. Other banners are more crucial, but it's a very dependable banner and is a solid ticket option.)

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh Sweet Jennifer, I just had a massive epiphany...

Ramuh... AND Krile... Equals Massive Burst Potential on Summons!

For those that don't know, Krile is a Dps Support Battery that has a unique buff that raises elemental Weakness damage from 1.5x to 2.0x. She naturally inflicts both Lightning Damage and Lightning Imperil with her kit, so she needs it to keep her damage up, but it benifits those that deal Lightning damage too.

Normally that would limit her max potential to being used with naturally Lightning based characters, like Edge, Beatrix, uh.... Lightning, but there is a clever workaround for heavy burst characters!!!

If you Summon a Summon, you get a few free turns for your characters to take advantage of, with an automatic elemental enchantment based on the Summon. Ramuh's effect is fine, sure, but combining his Summon with Krile's Imperil And weakness Damage increase... can lead to MASSIVE increases damage!

I feel dumb that I never noticed this before, I'm excited to put this into practice! Especially with dual Emperors, with the massive increase in damage potential, and her ability to provide Brv Battery for five turns in a row to the entire party as a consequence of her EX+, I'm sure this will lead to massive upheavals in scoring potential!

If anyone else was crazy enough to grab her when she was available, give it a try and let me know if it was worth it! I love coming up with new strategies using less used characters!

Edit: also, don't forget how useful that is with Other characters that Imperil as well! She'll be a great fit with Golbez when he comes back as she can supercharge his damage and give him some solid shaving potential!

Or, again, when they are both ready for it, Shantotto and Alisaie, when Shantotto gets the ability to inflict every Imperil with her EX, allowing Alisaie to gain a massive increase in damage potential by overcoming her massive multitude of elemental types!

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

I'm actually surprised I could complete all missions but the score one. I got the nuggets and my player mission tab is empty again so it's good enough for me until we powercreep that fight.

that strategy sounds amazing. I'm gonna try it if I can't meet the score xD but obv another dps in place of garland.

And honestly with how useful Rosa is she should be a pull for anyone! Don't really even have to run perfect artifacts on her but they really help.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Oh Sweet Jennifer, I just had a massive epiphany...

Ramuh... AND Krile... Equals Massive Burst Potential on Summons!

For those that don't know, Krile is a Dps Support Battery that has a unique buff that raises elemental Weakness damage from 1.5x to 2.0x. She naturally inflicts both Lightning Damage and Lightning Imperil with her kit, so she needs it to keep her damage up, but it benifits those that deal Lightning damage too.

Normally that would limit her max potential to being used with naturally Lightning based characters, like Edge, Beatrix, uh.... Lightning, but there is a clever workaround for heavy burst characters!!!

If you Summon a Summon, you get a few free turns for your characters to take advantage of, with an automatic elemental enchantment based on the Summon. Ramuh's effect is fine, sure, but combining his Summon with Krile's Imperil And weakness Damage increase... can lead to MASSIVE increases damage!

I feel dumb that I never noticed this before, I'm excited to put this into practice! Especially with dual Emperors, with the massive increase in damage potential, and her ability to provide Brv Battery for five turns in a row to the entire party as a consequence of her EX+, I'm sure this will lead to massive upheavals in scoring potential!

If anyone else was crazy enough to grab her when she was available, give it a try and let me know if it was worth it! I love coming up with new strategies using less used characters!

Edit: also, don't forget how useful that is with Other characters that Imperil as well! She'll be a great fit with Golbez when he comes back as she can supercharge his damage and give him some solid shaving potential!

Or, again, when they are both ready for it, Shantotto and Alisaie, when Shantotto gets the ability to inflict every Imperil with her EX, allowing Alisaie to gain a massive increase in damage potential by overcoming her massive multitude of elemental types!

That's literally what I did last week during Rosa LC.

Krile was easily doing 80-90k damage

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
that strategy sounds amazing. I'm gonna try it if I can't meet the score xD but obv another dps in place of garland.

And honestly with how useful Rosa is she should be a pull for anyone! Don't really even have to run perfect artifacts on her but they really help.
Garland was useless due to the boss not being affected by delay, Bartz with gravity or any other with huge damage should help get some score, I'll try Serah in a bit. (edit : poison does 10k bravery with both, not enough)
Will try again with Golbez 70 since we got the new imperil update, he should do some good damage.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
New and improved complete no dispel strat with Galuf

(only the last few turns)

Galuf EX when?!
Actually my first try Galuf only had 1 board maxed so I went and spent 1 hours doing that, the result was well worth it as you can see on the video.
Galuf is probably one of the most overlooked unit in this game, nobody would try what I did.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
New and improved no dispel strat with Galuf

(only the last few turns)

Galuf EX when?!
Actually my first try Galuf only had 1 board maxed so I went and spent 1 hours doing that, the result was well worth it as you can see on the video.
Galuf is probably one of the most overlooked unit in this game, nobody would try what I did.

Congrats but there are many who use galuf like you :p

There is a guy on jp that does most chaos using galuf or galuf solo even.

I personally can't wait to use him once he gets his ex

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats but there are many who use galuf like you :p

There is a guy on jp that does most chaos using galuf or galuf solo even.

I personally can't wait to use him once he gets his ex
Yeah probably, I've been looking at the reddit strategy thread and the call to arm one but I saw nobody doing it without dispel.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
2 days left before the 2nd anniversary stream, I'm getting hyped to know what'll be our 2nd Global first.
I have absolutely no idea though, but I'd be interesting and highly improbable to have King Leo from My Life as a King (loved that game), it's like a Crystal Chronicles spin-off so it could be in that category.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
2 days left before the 2nd anniversary stream, I'm getting hyped to know what'll be our 2nd Global first.
I have absolutely no idea though, but I'd be interesting and highly improbable to have The King from My Life as a King (loved that game)

That would be insane, but I would love it. I was shocked to hear freaking Sherlotta showed up, and I love her kit, so any more interesting left-field choices would also be appreciated.

My pick? BENJAMIN.

latest

They have been working on Rikku for a while though, so I wouldn't be shocked if that was the pick, but I'd go nuts if we got Mystic Quest reps.

Also, I know people want KH to be left out of this game, and I Agree, this already has a great feel for the franchise and while KH is my favorite series of all time, I don't think this game should draw from anything other then Final Fantasy.

...but like, so many characters in KH would bring amazing movesets with them. Lot's of potential there, just saying.

Edit: oh wait, I nearly forgot. I'm actually hoping for another CC rep, somebody with the potential to have a fun and elementally flexible moveset, and is near and dear to my heart...

latest

...My Main Man, Al!!!

Freaking Alhanalem would be an awesome pick to me, he's a goofy scholar, he a Yuke, a unique looking character type, and a different looking one from the other Yuke as well, and he would definitely get his best and most useful ability from Ring of Fates, "Magic Thread", which in the home game would allow you to Trace on the touch screen, and passing over any dropped Magicite would imbue the thread with it's power, allowing you to deal Devastating damage to enemies and easily heal allies.

I could see this reflected in a Magicite icon above his head that changes depending on what element a character used to attack a foe, allowing his attacks to copy that element as well, giving him full elemental coverage depending on your teammates. To balance it out, it could be blank after he attacks, waiting for another character to use an elemental attack to refresh, barring an ability to reapply it or something.

It would be awesome, and it would be a unique and interesting attack style! I'm just hoping we get someone fun, regardless of who it is, but I'm hopeful that we get Al to work like this if he does show up, it's too accurate to how he works in game!

Last edited: