• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Ugh, missed the score by 11k on DE6 using a budget team since I don't have Emperor (Yuna, Setzer, Balthier). I beat the turn count by 5 too, and pretty sure I took minimal breaks. I have the spare ingots to 3/3 Balthier to complete it, but at this point I want to save it for the upcoming GL first.

As an aside, I'm regretting using a book on Yuffie. Her damage is pretty underwhelming, and she seems to really only have value for flipping debuffs back on bosses.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Ugh, missed the score by 11k on DE6 using a budget team since I don't have Emperor (Yuna, Setzer, Balthier). I beat the turn count by 5 too, and pretty sure I took minimal breaks. I have the spare ingots to 3/3 Balthier to complete it, but at this point I want to save it for the upcoming GL first.

As an aside, I'm regretting using a book on Yuffie. Her damage is pretty underwhelming, and she seems to really only have value for flipping debuffs back on bosses.

Lucky you. I wish I could pull for yuffie but don't have the ingots to max her.

She is a support unit with a very specific niche. I'm not sure what you expected out of her? She does her job incredibly well

Also she needs 3/3. Don't just book her

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
We're probably getting Moogle Passes soon enough.

Moogle Pass (610yen/~$6):
  • 610 gems
  • Summon points 150% increase
  • Wild points 150% increase
  • Character points 150% increase
  • Character points cap up by 100%
    • Basically means you can hold up to 10k character points per event instead of the usual 5k
Moogle Pass Premium (4640yen/~$42):
  • 4640 gems
  • 5x EX Power Medals and 2x Moogle Medals
Moogle Medals can be traded for:
  • 1 for 5 BT medals
  • 2 for 1 red book
  • 2 for 1 blue book
  • Caps at 10
Character points is for character board, much like summon boards but those are shared between everyone.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
We're probably getting Moogle Passes soon enough.

Moogle Pass (610yen/~$6):
  • 610 gems
    • Basically means you can hold up to 10k character points per event instead of the usual 5k
Moogle Pass Premium (4640yen/~$42):
  • 4640 gems
  • 5x EX Power Medals and 2x Moogle Medals
Moogle Medals can be traded for:
  • 1 for 5 BT medals
  • 2 for 1 red book
  • 2 for 1 blue book
  • Caps at 10
Character points is for character board, much like summon boards but those are shared between everyone.

I've been looking for ways to financially support this game and the regular moogle pass during a summon month might be a good idea.

Regardless all thier stuff is overpriced, but since anniversary is next week I do plan to spend some money on this game and hopefully on something useful and not costumes.

Also ingot packs feel like p2w

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Lucky you. I wish I could pull for yuffie but don't have the ingots to max her.

She is a support unit with a very specific niche. I'm not sure what you expected out of her? She does her job incredibly well

Also she needs 3/3. Don't just book her

But as a support unit, she's underwhelming as well. Very minimal battery (and you also need to conserve S2 uses to apply debuffs), no healing, mediocre auras. I guess I thought she was more of a semi-support and could at least put out damage similar to Vanille or Faris.

With that said, her one niche proved very useful. Was able to reclear DE3 with Yuffie/Vanille/Locke (only Locke at 3/3), and cheesed the 3rd wave by flipping the Reduced Max HP debuff back onto the boss. Her EX preventing buffs also came in useful on the last wave. Freed up my Ultimecia and Yshtola to then clear DE6. All in all, as you say, Yuffie is very niche. I'm glad I could find a use for her.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
But as a support unit, she's underwhelming as well. Very minimal battery (and you also need to conserve S2 uses to apply debuffs), no healing, mediocre auras. I guess I thought she was more of a semi-support and could at least put out damage similar to Vanille or Faris.

With that said, her one niche proved very useful. Was able to reclear DE3 with Yuffie/Vanille/Locke (only Locke at 3/3), and cheesed the 3rd wave by flipping the Reduced Max HP debuff back onto the boss. Her EX preventing buffs also came in useful on the last wave. Freed up my Ultimecia and Yshtola to then clear DE6. All in all, as you say, Yuffie is very niche. I'm glad I could find a use for her.

lol you used her exactly for what she was designed for. She is neither a battery or true support even, but when you are in a debuff or buff heavy fight she SHINES

She completely shutdowns certain bosses

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
lol you used her exactly for what she was designed for. She is neither a battery or true support even, but when you are in a debuff or buff heavy fight she SHINES

She completely shutdowns certain bosses

My complaint was more about her damage, not her support capabilities really. On DE6 for example, which has both good buffs to steal and debuffs to flip back, she still feels more of a hindrance because she doesn't pull her weight with damage. Bringing her to 3/3 would help but most of her EX+ upgrades are the standard ATK and potency boosts that most supports get. It seems like for her to shine, she needs to flip back a debuff that's fight-breaking, like the Max HP debuff, which seems really gimmicky. Otherwise, flipping back a Def or Blind debuff is nice, but in the end, I'd rather take a unit that just applies those on their own. The HP Poison from the Phoenix in DE6 is unfortunately just a flat 1300 damage, instead of percentage based.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
My complaint was more about her damage, not her support capabilities really. On DE6 for example, which has both good buffs to steal and debuffs to flip back, she still feels more of a hindrance because she doesn't pull her weight with damage. Bringing her to 3/3 would help but most of her EX+ upgrades are the standard ATK and potency boosts that most supports get. It seems like for her to shine, she needs to flip back a debuff that's fight-breaking, like the Max HP debuff, which seems really gimmicky. Otherwise, flipping back a Def or Blind debuff is nice, but in the end, I'd rather take a unit that just applies those on their own. The HP Poison from the Phoenix in DE6 is unfortunately just a flat 1300 damage, instead of percentage based.
She gets auras when weapon is upgraded as well as more hits and higher potency.

It's the same as people who said Balthier was underwhelming and then you find out they had him at 1/3 instead of 3/3

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Question. Just got Squall's EX maxed out on 20. To clear events how should I go about it? Max out on CLevel using Mog's Gym + Cycle Quests? Should I level a summon? Pull for Rosa?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Question. Just got Squall's EX maxed out on 20. To clear events how should I go about it? Max out on CLevel using Mog's Gym + Cycle Quests? Should I level a summon? Pull for Rosa?

Use Mog Gym to get enough Crystals of all types to max out Squall and other useful characters. Use Power Orbs you will have when selling fully maxed out 15 or 35 CP weapons, and any Extra 15 or 35 cp weapons that you've already gained the passive from, shown by the red check mark on the top right of the passive's discription when hold pressing the weapon.

You use Power Orbs to limit break weapons you don't have copies of, like EX weapons. Maxing our Squall's will make him much more powerful, and allow you to Realize him once you start getting books. The chocoboard missions are easy, so you'll get the pages needed to make the book easily if you look up where the enemies you need to beat are.

Having Squall at his best will make all content in the future, and all regular story content, complete pushovers. After that, just gotta clear it at your pace!

After building up a bunch of gems, try going for Emperor's banner until you get his EX, then stop. He is awesome, and will be a great investment! Rosa's EX is also very good, but you may wanna get hers sooner then later, since her banner will disappear soon!

As for your event question, if you have a solid Dps and Support, as well as a good third character, you can handle all the parts of the event easily except for the Cosmos and Chaos. Go for Cosmos as soon as you get Rosa and make her useful by getting her Weapon Passives and her Crystal Level to at least 60, and try to use any Weapon Tokens only to get 15 and 35 CP weapons for characters who's EX you have, but you are missing those other two. Power Orbs will come quick enough, but Weapon Tokens will save you a lot of hassle and wait if you save them up.

Also, don't be afraid of doing a bunch of Emperor Co-ops in his event, it's fun to play with others, and it can get you Artifacts for gaining extra stats for your characters (Emperor in particular, since using Bells to create a game or optional when joining gets you the event character's artifacts after the fight), and you can build up tokens to spend on FABULOUS PRIZES!!! like Tickets for single pulls, and Crystals to level up crystal levels for your characters. It's worth it, and relatively easy and fast with an item book, to clear out an event's limited items.

Plus, if you are running low on Gil, by getting a bunch of event tokens, and spending them on either the weapon or Armor upgrade materials, and selling them, you can get a huge amount of cash for other things! Keep it in mind, and good luck!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Done with Brothers board grind for now. Changes to summon points last patch seems small, but really made a huge difference. Looking forward to tomorrows stream!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Livestream starting in

t1580160600z0.png

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I think that countdown clock is off by an hour but just the same, it's almost time! Wow, we're at the two year anniversary. I remember playing this the first day it launched and thinking 'meh' but I stuck with it every day since and it's easily my favorite FF title in years :)

Hoping for Red or Reno but Rikku will do nicely too! (Lots of Rs there)

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Completed Brothers' Chaos with Balthier EX 3/3, Y'Shtola EX+ 3/3 and WoL EX+ 3/3 friend Cloud + Shiva

Really really easy with that team. Never really have to use Stone with Y'Shtola at all, just all HP+ and her EX lol

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Completed Brothers' Chaos with Balthier EX 3/3, Y'Shtola EX+ 3/3 and WoL EX+ 3/3 friend Cloud + Shiva

Really really easy with that team. Never really have to use Stone with Y'Shtola at all, just all HP+ and her EX lol

Just shows how OP Yshtola is. In a fight where you can't delay the boss and they resist Earth, Yshtola still is a top tier support.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
What the fuck, why is this literally the most fan-positive game on planet earth, they just keep putting good things in.

SO many goddamn quality of life additions, nearly every month. They are making me want to spend like 100 bucks on this as soon as I can, it's so rediculous.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
WEAPON SKINS IN FEBUARY JP, JUNE OR JULY IN GLOBAL!!!

Oooh, theatre mode will show up soon as an anniversary present for global!

Get ready folks, it's starting!