• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Got OK in the free pull and Yuri with 60 tickets. Used last powerstones in them but I don't have books...

I really hope RNGesus stay by my said a little longer.

When I got a book, can I use in one of them? Who is better? Yuri looks better overall.

Thanks!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Lightning LD/Burst, her LD is really strong.

Lightning's LD Weapon: Razor Carbine (XIII)

Equips LD Ability:「Crushing Blow」
  • Resets all enemies' break status.
  • 4-HIT AoE Thunder Melee BRV + ST HP Attack executed 2 times.
  • Increases BRV Damage Dealt towards a single target by a medium amount.
  • Allows for 150% Stolen BRV Max BRV Overflow.
  • On first HP Attack, inflicts [Thunder Resistance Down] to target for 4 ACTIONS.
  • Grants [Saviour of Souls] to self for 7 ACTIONS.
For the next 2 turns after use,
  • Nulls action delay
  • Does not contribute towards total turn count (except during Burst Mode / Summon Phase / Friend Support)
  • Does not consume ability usage (except LD Ability)

Unique Effect : [Saviour of Souls]
  • Self HP Damage Dealt Up (20%)
  • Self Stolen BRV Max BRV Overflow Limit Up (20%)
  • All Allies BRV Regen based on (20% of) their Max BRV
  • All Allies BRV Damage Dealt Up (20%) when breaking target or attacking a broken target
—— Limit Break Passives ——
LB1 : [Crushing Blow Power]
  • Increases own ATK by a small amount (20%)
  • Increases BRV Damage Dealt by「Crushing Blow」by a small amount (10%)
LB2 : [Saviour of Souls Long]
  • When using「Crushing Blow」, extends base duration of [Saviour of Souls] by 7 ACTIONS
LB3 : [Crushing Blow Charge]
  • Adds +1 Usage to「Crushing Blow」
Lightning' BT Weapon: Durandal (XIII)

Finish Burst:「Gestalt Drive」
  • 10-HIT Thunder Melee BRV + HP Attack executed 2 times.
  • Allows for 50% BRV Damage Cap Up (BRV Damage Cap at 14,998).
  • Allows for 50% HP Damage Cap Up (HP Damage Cap at 149,998).

Triggers the following BURST effect for all allies for 10 ACTIONS:
  • BRV Damage Dealt Up (50%)
  • BRV Damage Cap Up by 20% (BRV Damage Cap at 11,998)
  • Stolen BRV Max BRV Overflow Limit Up (30%)
  • BRV Damage Dealt Up (30%) & HP Damage Dealt Up (20%) when breaking target or attacking a broken target

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

• On first HP Attack, inflicts [Thunder Resistance Down] to target for 4 ACTIONS.
  • Nulls action delay
  • Does not contribute towards total turn count (except during Burst Mode / Summon Phase / Friend Support)

• All Allies BRV Damage Dealt Up (20%) when breaking target or attacking a broken target
  • When using「Crushing Blow」, extends base duration of [Saviour of Souls] by 7 ACTIONS

• BRV Damage Dealt Up (30%) & HP Damage Dealt Up (20%) when breaking target or attacking a broken target

Are they adding another weapon type to pull? lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Are they adding another weapon type to pull? lol
Should hit Global in about 4/5 months.
LD are the new EX, 0.5% rates, EX rates good up to 0.75% in addition of another permanent EX shop with all EX inside it.
Burst are the mega rare weapons with a pull rate of 0.1% (3% on the last pull of a 10+1) they're a luxury so far and you can complete everything without it.

While LD have strong skills, EX+ weapons have better stats so you just max the LD to get the passive.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should hit Global in about 4/5 months.
LD are the new EX, 0.5% rates, EX rates good up to 0.75% in addition of another permanent EX shop with all EX inside it.
Burst are the mega rare weapons with a pull rate of 0.1% (3% on the last pull of a 10+1) they're a luxury so far and you can complete everything without it.

While LD have strong skills, EX+ weapons have better stats so you just max the LD to get the passive.

That's pretty crazy, lol. I can do cosmos content pretty easily now, but I'm still struggling w/ Chaos.

So here's who I've got max level/crystal strength:

Emperor - 15cp, 35cp, EX
Terra - 15cp, 35cp, EX (all summon boards)
Aranea - 15cp, 35cp, EX (all purple, all summon boards)
Ramza - 15cp, 35cp, EX (3 summon boards)
Lightning - 15cp, 35cp, EX
Cloud - 15cp, 35cp, EX (all purple, all summon boards)
Celes - 15cp, 35cp, EX (all summon boards)
Tifa - 15cp, 35cp, EX+ (all summon boards)
Aerith - 15cp, 35cp
Barret - 15cp, 35cp, EX (2 summon boards)
Sephiroth - 15cp, 35cp, EX (weapon maxed, all summon boards)
Zack - 15cp, 35cp, EX+ (all summon boards)
Squall - 15cp, 35cp, EX+ (all summon boards)
Selphie - 15cp, 35cp
Eiko - 15cp, 35cp, EX+
Yuna - 15cp, 35cp
Balthier - 15cp, 35cp
Serah - 15cp, 35cp, EX
Y'shtolla - 15cp, 35cp, EX (weapon maxed, all summon boards)
Noctis - 15cp, 35cp, EX+ (all summon boards)
Ignis - 15cp, 35cp, EX+ (all summon boards)

I've been stockpiling books and ingots (I still only have a few ingots, tho), this month after I got Aranea and Zack. Who are some characters and/or roles should I look at leveling up and maxing weapons out for? Are there some team building resources that could help with team composition?

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ran a couple cosmos co-ops with purple Yuris and decided to pull for him. Got it on the third multi whooo.

Also finished Aranea's Chaos today. I've been behind because I haven't had enough ingots to purple her but finally just went for it at EX+1 and 1 summonboard.....and destroyed her Chaos anyway. Dang girl.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
That's pretty crazy, lol. I can do cosmos content pretty easily now, but I'm still struggling w/ Chaos.

So here's who I've got max level/crystal strength:

Emperor - 15cp, 35cp, EX
Terra - 15cp, 35cp, EX (all summon boards)
Aranea - 15cp, 35cp, EX (all purple, all summon boards)
Ramza - 15cp, 35cp, EX (3 summon boards)
Lightning - 15cp, 35cp, EX
Cloud - 15cp, 35cp, EX (all purple, all summon boards)
Celes - 15cp, 35cp, EX (all summon boards)
Tifa - 15cp, 35cp, EX+ (all summon boards)
Aerith - 15cp, 35cp
Barret - 15cp, 35cp, EX (2 summon boards)
Sephiroth - 15cp, 35cp, EX (weapon maxed, all summon boards)
Zack - 15cp, 35cp, EX+ (all summon boards)
Squall - 15cp, 35cp, EX+ (all summon boards)
Selphie - 15cp, 35cp
Eiko - 15cp, 35cp, EX+
Yuna - 15cp, 35cp
Balthier - 15cp, 35cp
Serah - 15cp, 35cp, EX
Y'shtolla - 15cp, 35cp, EX (weapon maxed, all summon boards)
Noctis - 15cp, 35cp, EX+ (all summon boards)
Ignis - 15cp, 35cp, EX+ (all summon boards)

I've been stockpiling books and ingots (I still only have a few ingots, tho), this month after I got Aranea and Zack. Who are some characters and/or roles should I look at leveling up and maxing weapons out for? Are there some team building resources that could help with team composition?

Y'shtola is definitely an EX+ 3/3. This makes her Pulse of Life no turn delay and gives her an HP++ that is very good brv battery. Aside from that, she doesn't die if her HP is >50%.

If you're still struggling with chaos, you would like to have her on your team to revive your allies. I couldn't recommend her enough especially since you don't have much support characters maxed out.

It seems you don't have much magic dps that is maxed out. Emperor is fantastic.

I would love to post their infographic here but I'm using my phone right now which can be a little shit when I switch to other tabs.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Y'shtola is definitely an EX+ 3/3. This makes her Pulse of Life no turn delay and gives her an HP++ that is very good brv battery. Aside from that, she doesn't die if her HP is >50%.

If you're still struggling with chaos, you would like to have her on your team to revive your allies. I couldn't recommend her enough especially since you don't have much support characters maxed out.

I would love to post their infographic here but I'm using my phone right now which can be a little shit when I switch to other tabs.

Razorrin and his dumb iOS phone to the rescue!

maam96fz6rb41.jpg

l0tqgct97f541.png

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

• Nulls action delay

Wow wow wow she sounds super good! As a Lightning fan I'm really pleased. Can't wait to see Terra's LD and burst the most though!

And congrats on pulls guys! We are getting some great ones here. I kinda think I wanna start saving for burst/LD era soon. Even if it is hitting in the Summer ish it's always good to have that stash going.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Had the ingots to max out Y'Shtola's armor, did that.

I thought Golbez was the Emperor,so i mispoke there. I have Golbez, but haven't lb'ed any of his gear.

I also have Vivi's EX, and could get him leveled up pretty easily. Is he okay as a magic dps?

Thanks for the input!

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Had the ingots to max out Y'Shtola's armor, did that.

I thought Golbez was the Emperor,so i mispoke there. I have Golbez, but haven't lb'ed any of his gear.

I also have Vivi's EX, and could get him leveled up pretty easily. Is he okay as a magic dps?

Thanks for the input!

Golbez is a beast too with the only exception on Dark resistant/absorb fights. His 3/3 gives you his EX skill at the start of the match (that's 3 meteors dropping on everyone) and that gives dark imperil. There are still people in co-op who are still using him. You can check it out.

There's really not much buzz on Vivi, maybe wait for the EX+ before dropping your resources? Currently, Vivi is using Fire to warm the bench. XD

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I am really proud of this run for this current chaos. Was able to use Zack and Eight again in a party together and make it work and this time I was able to record it!

I used Zack, Eight, and Yshtola with emperor friend. I was able to make it work because wave 1 had a lot of aoe attacks and I was able to use Eights counters effectively.

Now to wait for Pandemonium and get my Edge and Penelo :D

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Going to try and get plat this weekend with DE now that I have Aranea somewhat built. I was able to roll three perfect arts for her so that nice boost in attack will help until I get the ingots I need. First character I've ever had perfect arts for too!

In other news, almost my entire friends list is Araneas lol. My Cloud still gets about ~120 to 130 friend uses a day though so I'm leaving him up.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Going to try and get plat this weekend with DE now that I have Aranea somewhat built. I was able to roll three perfect arts for her so that nice boost in attack will help until I get the ingots I need. First character I've ever had perfect arts for too!

In other news, almost my entire friends list is Araneas lol. My Cloud still gets about ~120 to 130 friend uses a day though so I'm leaving him up.

Just remember that Aranea should be saved for the stage you want to "cheese" since DE locks characters. And congrats on the artifacts.... since you're not much of an artifact nut. The system is awful lol.

Wow, that's pretty impressive. My Aranea gets maybe 50 uses.... depends how much I play.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I got like 59 uses on Aranea release day, otherwise it's about 20 or 30, and I have 200 friends lol

Edit : it's even worse, maybe I should write perfect arts or something. As you can see, last page on my friend list is 4 days inactive.

aa9f4580-564a-48af-be1ekl7.png

b700867e-852f-4068-bc1bkia.png

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Cleared the Chaos stage with Ultimecia, Yuri, and Serah. This team has some ridiculous synergy, as Yuri's BRV regen is fantastic with Ulti, and his healing covers Serah's big weakness. The amount of gravity, poison/sap, and BRV shave made the stage very safe and easy.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Couldn't have done it without you! She is already insane hahaha 😂

The best thing about her is that she's SUPER self-sufficient, to the point that she can operate on a healthy rotation for pretty much forever. There was a screen shot of somebody on turn 400+ because she could basically keep reviving and full healing everyone consistently enough with just two ability uses afforded by her ability use restoration, and her super solid Hp+ and Brv+.

You can pretty much depend on her, even in Magic Resistent content, to keep your party alive forever.

She'll be great with Aranea, to support her with Brv to help max out her ability damage, as well as with the massive Max Brv buff she provides and maintains on everyone with her EX. Her Hp+ will keep everyone rolling with a bunch of Brv, especially if other characters are providing some form of battery or party Brv Regen to help it become more effective!

You can slot her in pretty much any party, but she really excels in both parties with great Aura buffs or damage increasing debuffs like Def down or Vital Crusher, and in parties that are balanced in their approach with good overflow.

Hope she continues to kick butt for you for the foreseeable future! I'm looking forward to seeing how she gets any better with a Burst or LD, because I have a hard time imagining how!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh yeah, Yuri PSA, everyone;

Turn Off his Chelinka's Prayer Attack Speed Passive if you wanna make the most of his awesome EX+ Buff.

Like most characters with a speed buff, Yuri is harmed in his efficiency by his increased turn count, especially considering how borken his party aura 30% Max Brv based regen and 30% Hp Regen can be in the right circumstances, especially with that 20% party overflow in there too.

It's reccomended to take them off, as not only would this positively effect his ability to regain his EX+ due to lower speed playing a part in charging EX's quicker, but he's likely to be lapped by his allies when he has his speed at the level it'll be with this off, again, allowing his great EX buff to flourish. Plus, he regains ability uses with his EX, so it'll improve his longevity too.

Edit: With research done in a Chaos, I can confirm he only needs to use three abilities, and no Hp+, to reuse his EX+, thus allowing nearly 100% upkeep. More like 66% upkeep, or 80%. His EX buff doesn't tick down until he takes his next turn, so it'll be up for his allies for two of those three ability uses, and since two of them are refunded, that gives him amazing longevity.

Even with fewer turns, each one will count for more overall. That's the rational for reducing speed passives on characters, so keep it in mind and remove them appropriately.

This will be the case with Edge as well down the line, so stay tuned for that too.

Last edited:

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Oh yeah, Yuri PSA, everyone;

Turn Off his Chelinka's Prayer Attack Speed Passive if you wanna make the most of his awesome EX+ Buff.

Like most characters with a speed buff, Yuri is harmed in his efficiency by his increased turn count, especially considering how borken his party aura 30% Max Brv based regen and 30% Hp Regen can be in the right circumstances, especially with that 20% party overflow in there too.

It's reccomended to take them off, as not only would this positively effect his ability to regain his EX+ due to lower speed playing a part in charging EX's quicker, but he's likely to be lapped by his allies when he has his speed at the level it'll be with this off, again, allowing his great EX buff to flourish. Plus, he regains ability uses with his EX, so it'll improve his longevity too.

Edit: With research done in a Chaos, I can confirm he only needs to use three abilities, and no Hp+, to reuse his EX+, thus allowing nearly 100% upkeep. More like 66% upkeep, or 80%. His EX buff doesn't tick down until he takes his next turn, so it'll be up for his allies for two of those three ability uses, and since two of them are refunded, that gives him amazing longevity.

Even with fewer turns, each one will count for more overall. That's the rational for reducing speed passives on characters, so keep it in mind and remove them appropriately.

This will be the case with Edge as well down the line, so stay tuned for that too.

I didn't notice that. Now that you mentioned it. Thanks for the advice.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I didn't notice that. Now that you mentioned it. Thanks for the advice.
No problem! I hope people can keep this in mind though, this is an important adendum.

These characters will be slower, that much is obvious. What isn't is How slow.

In my use of Yuri, he was getting half the turns of his allies, and effectively using his abilities very infrequently comparatively, even though he was using them each turn.

Try to keep how many turns a character is actually gonna be using in mind for when you do stuff like this, since it can make enemies a lot more dangerous when you can't count on all three characters buffering their turns.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh crap, big reminder, everyone!!!

Anniversary Events like the Golden Flowering Cactuars spawning in the Gold Cactuar Quest, and the Doubled Artifact Tokens, are gonna end in a day or two, March 2nd, I believe, along with Aranea's Banner!!!

Do whatever Anniversary farming you gotta do soon, because It'll be gone soon!

I reccomend doing a little Star Support Item farming at the Gold Cactuar Quest, since you can literally max out your Gil total in a matter of an hour or so, and get plenty of miscellaneous coloured Crystals as well!

Artifact Grinding should be done less for right now, and more for the future. Hopefully you won't run out too quickly!

Also, Book sale ends March 2nd as well, so try to buy up a few packs of books if you can! I reccomend buying roughly 30-50 Triple Exp books for Summon farming, they'll pay for themselves pretty quickly! Around the same amount of Triple Item books will be helpful in Artifact and Token Grinding for events!

Get 'em before they're gone!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So here is the official announcement of my Yoko interview :D

It will be live this Thursday on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/fikrakw and I just wanted to say that I will be a bit nervous for this interview because she is not there to promote any game but just a friendly chat with her about her and her work in general, so we will cover everything from Street Fighter 2 to Final Fantasy XV

You can also feel free to drop your questions in the chat.

Also after nagging me forever on this, my friend and I will be going live on Twitch this Wednesday around the time of this post to talk about our experience with the Final Fantasy series. It will be on my personal channel https://www.twitch.tv/naar82 but be warned that I will be playing Mario Maker 2 until this time on Wednesday :P

I was thinking of playing Dissidia while we talk about FF on stream. So come and encourage me to do chaos fights with crazy team compositions and watch me die repeatedly lol

I will also see what I can do to get an interview with the Dissida team. Would you guys like that?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So here is the official announcement of my Yoko interview :D

It will be live this Thursday on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/fikrakw and I just wanted to say that I will be a bit nervous for this interview because she is not there to promote any game but just a friendly chat with her about her and her work in general, so we will cover everything from Street Fighter 2 to Final Fantasy XV

You can also feel free to drop your questions in the chat.

Also after nagging me forever on this, my friend and I will be going live on Twitch this Wednesday around the time of this post to talk about our experience with the Final Fantasy series. It will be on my personal channel https://www.twitch.tv/naar82 but be warned that I will be playing Mario Maker 2 until this time on Wednesday :P

I was thinking of playing Dissidia while we talk about FF on stream. So come and encourage me to do chaos fights with crazy team compositions and watch me die repeatedly lol

I will also see what I can do to get an interview with the Dissida team. Would you guys like that?

If I'm available i'll definitely tune in to watch. That's pretty damn awesome though I have to admit. I'm sure the interview will go well and if you do get an interview with the dissidia team i'm sure we would all appreciate it!

Also.... ABYSS ENDS SOON... I THINK AT MAINTENANCE. GO GET YOUR FREE GEMS EVERYONE. I know new players might not be able to complete it but still good gems. 50 per clear and some hefty amount in later stratas.
Oh crap, big reminder, everyone!!!

Anniversary Events like the Golden Flowering Cactuars spawning in the Gold Cactuar Quest, and the Doubled Artifact Tokens, are gonna end in a day or two, March 2nd, I believe, along with Aranea's Banner!!!

Do whatever Anniversary farming you gotta do soon, because It'll be gone soon!

I reccomend doing a little Star Support Item farming at the Gold Cactuar Quest, since you can literally max out your Gil total in a matter of an hour or so, and get plenty of miscellaneous coloured Crystals as well!

Artifact Grinding should be done less for right now, and more for the future. Hopefully you won't run out too quickly!

Also, Book sale ends March 2nd as well, so try to buy up a few packs of books if you can! I reccomend buying roughly 30-50 Triple Exp books for Summon farming, they'll pay for themselves pretty quickly! Around the same amount of Triple Item books will be helpful in Artifact and Token Grinding for events!

Get 'em before they're gone!

thanks for the reminder. Super helpful and made me buy those books :D

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
If I'm available i'll definitely tune in to watch. That's pretty damn awesome though I have to admit. I'm sure the interview will go well and if you do get an interview with the dissidia team i'm sure we would all appreciate it!

Thanks! It's very much appreciated. She is a very shy person though, so might take a while to get her talking haha.

I was hoping around now I could do something regarding Dissidia, but because of Corona virus my travel plans had to be delayed and I probably won't be able to meet them until May at the earliest :(

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Can't say much right now, but here are Lulu's and Jecht's Infographics!

t09uzd50hbk41.png

w1k44p3ehbk41.png

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
70 tickets and a bunch of Lulu 15cp's and 1 35cp as well as some of Jecht's gear but no EX for either.

Ah well, it's no big deal for me.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I gave Lulu's EX a good old forty ticket try, but I bunted as well. I hope to get it someday, or at least play with somebody who has it, since I freaking love Lulu, and I lost my goddamn mind when I first saw her EX animation.

If anyone gets lucky, basically she's a solid Aoe magic attacker/Support, with one big buff to the party; constant Fire Elemental Imperil/enchant. She makes Fire characters like Jecht hit harder, and makes everyone else deal roughly 50% (actually 70% since she has two different enchants, and they both stack, giving an additional 20% bonus!) more damage in general.

She also has style to spare, and gives a solid Brv Regen buff and Max Brv buff from her Auras. She's a great damage support!

Be forewarned, though. Elemental Imperil/Party Enchant is all fun and games until you get resisted, and both Fire and Light are resisted by bosses super frequently, so be cautious of when these are gonna lose effectiveness, because even a simple resist totally takes the wind outta an element Imperil's sails.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Luck has been back these past few banners. Got Yuri in 70 tickets and 2 Lulu in 60 tickets. It's nice to not pity over and over again.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Ahh paid the price for Lulu. Dropped 100 tickets, no luck, then took 14 multipulls before I got her cactuar...right before the pity pull. At least I got an extra book out of it, and 2 Jecht EX's on the way.

Hopefully when I go for both Penelo and Edge, I find my luck again.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ahh paid the price for Lulu. Dropped 100 tickets, no luck, then took 14 multipulls before I got her cactuar...right before the pity pull. At least I got an extra book out of it, and 2 Jecht EX's on the way.

Hopefully when I go for both Penelo and Edge, I find my luck again.

If you haven't already added me (944398297), I'd love to run a Cosmos Co-op with your Lulu and help each other out! An Aranea would be quite helpful to pair with Lu, and I've got her nearly fully maxed out!

(I don't know why, but I keep peetering our before I finish the brothers Summon board for my guys, I'm gonna have to do a big run for a bunch of my faves for those sweet max Brave bonuses!)

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Did not use Aranea as she will just make the fight a cakewalk. Did it with Jecht, Rosa, Cloud

You don't even need imperil, but it helps if you have some kind of elemental attack as you can almost guarantee 9999 damage that way

I gotta say though that it is good to have jecht back :D

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Even putting perfect arts on my description, my Aranea only got 11 uses yesterday wow.
I've checked and nothing's wrong with her, I just have to accept that only 5% of my friends click my unit lol

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I think I will just attempt a few tickets, Penelo is going to get all my attention so ill save for her. I am super low on crystals too I have EXs for a quite a few characters I haven't had the resources to invest in.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I want Lulu's EX but from the infograph she doesn't seem that necessary. Might just stick to a few tickets and hope I get lucky.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I lied I did 5 pulls with gems and got both EXs so there you go.
Well, at least you got them for practically less then a month's worth of gems!

Be careful though, it can be very, Very easy to feel like a fave is insurmountably difficult to get without gems, but in reality, the amount of tickets you can potentially get from Summon Boards to grab these characters is LUDICROUS.

That's why it's commonly accepted knowledge to try to only pull using one or the other, Tickets or Gems, since it can be very easy to lose both in great amounts without planning to do so!

Usually, Gems are for characters you MUST have, for aesthetic or meta reasons, since you are always guaranteed the character at a certain amount of pulls anyway, if you get unlucky you will still get who you want in the end!

Tickets for usually single characters on a banner you Want, but not necessarily Need, or can't afford to invest fully into with a more critical character on the horizon.

You will never be Guaranteed a character with tickets, as you'll always have a chance you'll go hundreds deep for somebody's EX and never get it, but you still have a chance, and more often then not you'll get something of worth out of it, particularly lots and lots of powerstones!

I'm glad this worked out for you so far (and I cannot guarrentee I won't do the EXACT same thing in a week or two anyway!), but I hope the love that comes from any particular character doesn't end up with any regrettable financial decisions.

I mean, I love the game, but we have to live with the still beating heart of FOMO that every game of this nature has, even with the relatively generous rates and the legendarily generous premium resources.

...that said, have an awesome time! if character resources are scarce, I would probably reccomend Lulu over Jecht, since she has a more interesting niche to her kit, though Jecht does have free turn manipulation based on breaking targets, and a solid splash attack EX.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
You made me realize, I've been hoarding claimable tickets because I'm at 999 but if I grab Edge/Penelo easily, it'll be tough to farm the new summon board lmao
I'll need to look up for someone I'm interested in releasing less than 2 weeks after Ultimate Pandemonium, my only choice look like it's going to be Layle's EX.
Upcoming EXs

Pandemonium : Layle / Ciaran and Lion / Vivi
Awakening Wave : Seymour / Papalymo and Quistis / Cid
Vayne LC : Vayne / PCecil (have both)
Beatrix Event : Beatrix / Steiner

This should be the next 2 weeks after the summon board but I fear Beatrix will be more than 14 days later due to the Spring Event, otherwise I would go for her.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
You made me realize, I've been hoarding claimable tickets because I'm at 999 but if I grab Edge/Penelo easily, it'll be tough to farm the new summon board lmao
I'll need to look up for someone I'm interested in releasing less than 2 weeks after Ultimate Pandemonium, my only choice look like it's going to be Layle's EX.
Upcoming EXs

Pandemonium : Layle / Ciaran and Lion / Vivi
Awakening Wave : Seymour / Papalymo and Quistis / Cid
Vayne LC : Vayne / PCecil (have both)
Beatrix Event : Beatrix / Steiner

This should be the next 2 weeks after the summon board but I fear Beatrix will be more than 14 days later due to the Spring Event, otherwise I would go for her.
If I can offer a weird little idea to help you do your board grinding, but not lose out on the treasures...

Can't you just max your characters WITHOUT grabbing the treasures? I know they are random in which gives what, and you don't get the "Boards Masterd" point on your character, but you still get everything that comes with it anyway!

You gotta stop breaking my heart with this though, you are so prepared! I hope you have this problem forever, and get super lucky on the next banners you want!!!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Well, at least you got them for practically less then a month's worth of gems!

Be careful though, it can be very, Very easy to feel like a fave is insurmountably difficult to get without gems, but in reality, the amount of tickets you can potentially get from Summon Boards to grab these characters is LUDICROUS.

That's why it's commonly accepted knowledge to try to only pull using one or the other, Tickets or Gems, since it can be very easy to lose both in great amounts without planning to do so!

Usually, Gems are for characters you MUST have, for aesthetic or meta reasons, since you are always guaranteed the character at a certain amount of pulls anyway, if you get unlucky you will still get who you want in the end!

Tickets for usually single characters on a banner you Want, but not necessarily Need, or can't afford to invest fully into with a more critical character on the horizon.

You will never be Guaranteed a character with tickets, as you'll always have a chance you'll go hundreds deep for somebody's EX and never get it, but you still have a chance, and more often then not you'll get something of worth out of it, particularly lots and lots of powerstones!

I'm glad this worked out for you so far (and I cannot guarantee I won't do the EXACT same thing in a week or two anyway!), but I hope the love that comes from any particular character doesn't end up with any regrettable financial decisions.

I mean, I love the game, but we have to live with the still beating heart of FOMO that every game of this nature has, even with the relatively generous rates and the legendarily generous premium resources.

...that said, have an awesome time! if character resources are scarce, I would probably recommend Lulu over Jecht, since she has a more interesting niche to her kit, though Jecht does have free turn manipulation based on breaking targets, and a solid splash attack EX.

I have barely tapped into the summon boards for resources so I am feeling confident I can get enough to get high priority characters like penelo and vayne so I have heard. I am basically just going for the summon boards when I have a character that is 2x to make it go faster.

My current logic on pulling is that having a character with an EX or EX+0/3 is still useful on low tier dimensions. My Cloud and Sephiroth both suffer because when I first started I maxed their crystals but didnt get their EX and they have essentially been useless to me when building unique teams. Conversely Terra got the job done with EX+ 0/3 and so did Yuri. I am not sure if im going to 3/3 Jecht but probably not yet.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Even putting perfect arts on my description, my Aranea only got 11 uses yesterday wow.
I've checked and nothing's wrong with her, I just have to accept that only 5% of my friends click my unit lol
Because you are competing with everyone who has set up Aranea as a friend unit. Switch to someone else and it will rise

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If I can offer a weird little idea to help you do your board grinding, but not lose out on the treasures...

Can't you just max your characters WITHOUT grabbing the treasures? I know they are random in which gives what, and you don't get the "Boards Masterd" point on your character, but you still get everything that comes with it anyway!

You gotta stop breaking my heart with this though, you are so prepared! I hope you have this problem forever, and get super lucky on the next banners you want!!!
Honestly I badly managed this, I have currently 95 tickets ready to be claimed, I should have tried to get Eiko.
If I get Edge/Penelo in less than 100 tickets I'll have to waste them.