• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How has everyone been doing now that Vayne's out? I had a major power outage last night so I was having difficulty making any conversation!

His Crit damage increase is a godsend, especially with Aranea, they seem like two peas in a pod! One does devastating damage all at once, and the other builds up to massive damage over a few free turns! It's crazy, and I'm glad I got both to kick butt with!

He's a sick character visually. I find it hilarious that he has floating swords and just boxes and kicks people, lol. Doing summons with Vayne and Aranea feels like cheating.

I'm still trying to round out roster holes. I've got enough to purple out 3 or 4 characters, but I'm struggling to decide who.

I'm also still running low on items to level up weapons and armor, so even if I can use ingots, I can't purple the weapons and armor because I don't have the items, lol.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
How has everyone been doing now that Vayne's out? I had a major power outage last night so I was having difficulty making any conversation!

His Crit damage increase is a godsend, especially with Aranea, they seem like two peas in a pod! One does devastating damage all at once, and the other builds up to massive damage over a few free turns! It's crazy, and I'm glad I got both to kick butt with!

What's also nice is you only need an Aranea friend to first put up the debuff, and then Vayne can just delay to oblivion.

Defeated the Chaos LC stage with a bit of an unorthodox setup of Vayne, Edge, and Rosa. The second wave absorbs thunder so I swapped out Edge for Aranea then, and since it's multi-boss, she wiped the floor with that wave and still had 1 turn remaining for her to put up debuff on the final boss before jetting. Edge then made the last fight a breeze. He's easily become my favorite character and tank!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Not bad. I finally got Shiva to level 20+, so I can finally work on summon boards. I have Vayne with EX, but he's in line behind Penelo and Edge for me to work on. Maybe Tifa, too, but probably not.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Omfg, I'd been farming summon mats all fucking wrong. I was farming the orb springs, which was taking forever. Guess I'll be getting the others a lot faster from now on.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omfg, I'd been farming summon mats all fucking wrong. I was farming the orb springs, which was taking forever. Guess I'll be getting the others a lot faster from now on.
Yeah that certainly would take longer. The basic rules for farming summon mats is you want to farm the part 3 stage until around level 10-13, and then after that farm the part 6 stage to level 20.

Then you easily reach level 30 while farming the ultimate summon stages for summon boards.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Is the spirit moogle permanent or is it going away tomorrow? Also what does it really do? Haha
Oh it's staying if you Summon it, but it's going away for good if you don't get it and improve it now!

When summoned, It literally only removes Debuffs from Terra only, and gives her a 1.1 Atk increase.

It's a little joke, but the cutscene for them is cute and you get a full chocoboard of resources out of very easy goals, so it's worth completing their stuff as soon as possible!

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I know this must have been asked a thousand times already but please, bear with me :)
I just finished DE:Order and with the spring EX tokens I'm gonna have to choose two Ex weapons. I know I have pretty much all the good stuff but I was looking for some advice for what's not too bad :p

What I don't have:
Firion, OK, Decil, Bartz, Zidane, Tidus, Yuna, Shantotto, Vaan, Lightning, Ramza, Ace, Layle.

I won't pick Lightning as I plan to pull on her banner in a few weeks.
I won't pick Yuna, even for auto farming since I have Lann & Reynn

For now, the only one I'm pretty sure I'll pick is Ramza as his realization comes soon (and I'm not interested in Jack) and you never have too many supports (and also I hear he's ok even without the EX?).
So I'm more looking for advice on the second choice. Seems like most dps in there aren't so good but I might be missing someone who could help in DE. Maybe OK or Bartz? I'm really not sure :)

Thanks all!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Alright, time for me to explain how Vayne works!

latest

So, big thing to go over is his attacks and abilities, so I'll just slot them here in the beginning:

So, How does Conqueror's Power Work? It's a three stack max buff that his entire kit contributes to, with the exception of his AA, which only preserves it.

Basically, he will start the battle with one stack, and when he gets to Three, usually with one use of Mach Wave at the start, he will transform all his abilities into + versions. Contrary to how ability changes work, these are NOT improved in any way, they merely no longer provide aditional stacks of [Conqueror's Power].

Once maxed, and all his moves turn into + versions, ALL of Vayne's turns will be free until [Conqueror's Power III] runs out. It is a two turn buff, which means you get two free turns, with Zero Action Delay, meaning they happen in a row. Since they have no action delay, you receive a Third turn that Isn't Free, right after the first two. That one is where all the attacks turn back from + to normal.

So, to summarize, once he receives his full three stacks of [Conqueror's Power], he no longer gets stacks and his next two turns become free and happen continuously.

His ability set, which looked sparse and weak, with the exception of Force of Will, changes dramatically under this context. Not only does his free turns allow for enemies to recover from break faster and be broken faster, he can more easily pepper his Hp+, Pummel, into his routine, allowing for effective and quick bouts of damage.

What's more, what used to be at most 20K damage from these regular attacks rise into 30K from a new buff during free turns, as he now restores 20% of his Max Brv per action when under the effects of [Conqueror's Power III]. So he can do at least 55K of damage during his free turn combo without using a single action!

And that's not counting the ACTUAL strategy in using him!

Since his EX+ both gives him full stacks, as well as restore a use each to Both his abilities, careful management of his ability uses can extend his longevity to rediculous levels while maintaining a powerful offensive!

For example, saving a use of Mach Wave until after his free turns makes it so any one use of any attack he has, even his Hp+, will provide him the last stack needed to trigger his free turns.

Or, you carefully make use of abilities during free turns to trigger his EX on his last action, guaranteeing he goes on his free turns the turn he gets after!

By making full use of his kit, he is a devestating attacker, capable of destroying enemies in concert with aura buffers to extend their effects on him through his Free turns, such as Aeriths Atk and overflow buff, Yuri's 20% Max Brv based Regen, Lilisette's all Crits aura buff, the list goes on.

He's awesome, and I hope you all make the most of him!

Main Weakness: he doesn't shave very well since he does all his damage in crits, and buffs run out on him much quicker due to all the free turns. Watch out for that and try not to pair him with characters that are nothing without their buffs. Penelo, for example, puts out a bunch of buffs, but all her best effects are Aura based, so she isn't much of an issue!

Edit: also, he is very bad during Summons due to his free turns eating up the summon turns, though that is more easily rectified by using a powerful Friend unit to replace him with, like Aranea or Setzer, before or during the summon.

Bring out a Friend Aranea, and get her to use Highwind before starting the summon so that her consecutive turn doesn't eat up the summon, and use her to skip the enemy's turn forward. That way, when Vayne comes back, he'll ALWAYS do crits and can take full advantage of her debuff, dealing IMMENSE damage, and possibly delaying a boss or bosses all the way to the back!

In duo's, his single target focus loses some flair to more AoE focused units, but his Party Aura and his unique Unbreak mechanics, especially on his EX+, keep him relevant in double boss content!

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I know this must have been asked a thousand times already but please, bear with me :)
I just finished DE:Order and with the spring EX tokens I'm gonna have to choose two Ex weapons. I know I have pretty much all the good stuff but I was looking for some advice for what's not too bad :p

What I don't have:
Firion, OK, Decil, Bartz, Zidane, Tidus, Yuna, Shantotto, Vaan, Lightning, Ramza, Ace, Layle.

I won't pick Lightning as I plan to pull on her banner in a few weeks.
I won't pick Yuna, even for auto farming since I have Lann & Reynn

For now, the only one I'm pretty sure I'll pick is Ramza as his realization comes soon (and I'm not interested in Jack) and you never have too many supports (and also I hear he's ok even without the EX?).
So I'm more looking for advice on the second choice. Seems like most dps in there aren't so good but I might be missing someone who could help in DE. Maybe OK or Bartz? I'm really not sure :)

Thanks all!

The answer is really simple. Get the units that fill the holes in your roster

So if you need imperil than go for OK

If you need shaving and auras go for bartz

Just really depends on what you have right now

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Naar yeah sorry I should have given more information indeed!
Currently not having too much trouble doing event chaos stages but I haven't started DE:Pathos/Entropy yet.

Current list of purples:
Dps: Cloud, Terra, Ultimecia, Vayne, Aranea
Utility (didn't really know where to classify those :p) : Agrias, Lulu
Tank: Zack
Support: Ysh, Penelo, Rosa, Vanille

List of EX+ (0/3)
Character I use at 0/3: WoL, Ignis
Others: Lann&Reynn (1/3 for auto farming), Seph, Vincent, Garland, Squall, Tifa, Golbez, Edge, Pecil, Noctis, Serah, Locke

List of EX
Zell, Setzer, Prishe, Seven, Barret, Eiko, Jecht.

Sorry for the list dump!
Now seeing it written though I realize I might need more tanks as I only use Zack/WoL but I don't think there isn't any in the EX token shops.
Seems like I'm pretty good for DPS/Support too but I only have one imperiler right now. Knowing my next pulls are aiming at Leo/Galuf/Lightning/Hope that's potentially 1 utility/dps (leo), 1 tank (galuf), 1 support (hope) and 1 dps (Lightning).

Soooo, maybe OK would be a good choice. Not sure I'd get any use of one of the more "normal" dps characters.

Razorrin : That's a nice writeup!

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
My vote from your list, and what you still are missing would be as follows: 1) Lightning, 2) Layle, 3) Ramza.

Lightning's going to be really good with her rework coming up, but if you plan on rolling on her banner for Hope or Shadow, you may luck into her EX anyway. Layle adds another utility option for you and gives you a go-to character to meet score requirements. You can also get by with just 1/3 ingot with him. Ramza gets his EX+ in late May or so, so he's more future proof than the others. And you can't have enough supports for DE.

I would've recommended Onion Knight, but since you already have Lulu, you have imperil/enchant covered. However, he is more fun to play than Lulu IMO, and provides more damage per turn.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

They are effects and buffs that come from one character or buff, but affect multiple targets passively.

For example, Vayne provides 35% Atk and 60% Max Brv to the party when fully kitted out, a little is from his passives and the main amount is from his buff he gets when he uses Force of Will.

Another example is Sephiroth, rare example of a Debuff Aura, reducing enemy speed by 20% at full stacks of one of his buffs.

Aura Debuffs cannot be resisted by bosses in any way, because they aren't inflicted on them, they are on characters. Comparatively, Auras can stack with any similar effect, excepting certain cases when they specifically say that Aura cannot stack on itself, because they don't take space away from any other buffs.

Auras from passives also allow characters to give party utility without taking up buff slots, like how Zack passively give the whole party, himself included, 40% Atk and Max Brv when he has at least one buff on him, no matter what it is.

Paying attention to Auras allows many characters to slot in with each other much easier, as some offensive characters can still provide utility to the party by just being there!

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Scosher thanks for the insight!
I forgot that Layle was a thing. I remember him being mentioned on Reddit indeed.
Probably going to go with Ramza and Layle then.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Hey Raz do you have infographs for all of Entropy?

The infographics are all from the Tonberry Troupe, who I am unfortunately not associated with. However, I posted a link to a big set of character and general info about Entropy that should help any and all in approaching it carefully and clearing what they can!

Honestly, I wouldn't plan ahead too far if you really can't stretch your roster out enough to clear the whole nine levels. Go for whatever you can make do with, make your teams (you can make multiple teams, just set them up 1-9 in the pre-battle menu based on the Entropy Levels you will be using them for, and make sure there aren't any characters copied between them), and max out their Summon Boards if possible!

I reccomend going all passives on Ifrit, Leviathan, Ramuh and Brothers if you really, Really can't stomach getting to 6500 with characters that don't have double Xp right now. You really should though, All your Purpled Units should have max Boards if you can get them, so they are at their best!

Here's the info! Construct teams based on the requirements and kick some butt!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lGIy8bqQHRkmRMQNWPxbHtsJmwQDO5kC

They did, however, make an Infographic for DE-9! Here it is!

Remember, just because you don't have the main big characters doesn't mean you can't clear the content! Just make sure to make a team with what you got that can overcome the obstacles each tier brings, and you are sure to succeed!

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Oh it's staying if you Summon it, but it's going away for good if you don't get it and improve it now!

When summoned, It literally only removes Debuffs from Terra only, and gives her a 1.1 Atk increase.

It's a little joke, but the cutscene for them is cute and you get a full chocoboard of resources out of very easy goals, so it's worth completing their stuff as soon as possible!

Yeah I have it at level 20 and the cutscene was really cute and put a smile on my face :)

You can unlock Terra's potential as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_G6ozCiGOo

Terra + Mog = EZ Mode

Lmfao I was waiting the whole video to see what this is about. You're hilarious.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I have it at level 20 and the cutscene was really cute and put a smile on my face :)

Lmfao I was waiting the whole video to see what this is about. You're hilarious.

:D

Glad you enjoyed it and wasn't angry lol.

I wanted to do something far worse, but kinda glad I did that instead

I originally wanted to wipe my team, but I think that would have really pissed people off and wasted their time. At least with what I did now, you have an actual legit strategy ^^

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Thanks Raz!! I am at tier 5 Entropy now just cleared 4 but I am really going to need more characters/ rethink and re fight some stuff. No way I am keeping Aranea on tier 1...
I am pulling for pretty much every character for the rest of the month and getting tons of ingots for getting to past 4. I think I may hold off for a bit going more into entropy and think about filling up my roster.

Right now, I am desperate for supports. And group attackers. Beatrix and Hope will be great I'm assuming.

And Raz fear not I'm a grinding fiend it's my favorite past time. I have maxed summons on every character I have an Ex+ for. And Some maxed i don't even have an Ex for haha.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
:D

Glad you enjoyed it and wasn't angry lol.

I wanted to do something far worse, but kinda glad I did that instead

I originally wanted to wipe my team, but I think that would have really pissed people off and wasted their time. At least with what I did now, you have an actual legit strategy ^^

I wouldn't get angry since it is a harmless joke hehe. And if you wiped the team i'm sure that would have been equally hilarious. And i'm really jealous over your green haired Terra... just saying. I wish they would give outfits out for a lower price. I dont even need the gems that come with it -_-

Anyhow.... I want to purple Beatrix and I hope I dont regret it :P Anyone else excited for her to come back to glory?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I wouldn't get angry since it is a harmless joke hehe. And if you wiped the team i'm sure that would have been equally hilarious. And i'm really jealous over your green haired Terra... just saying. I wish they would give outfits out for a lower price. I dont even need the gems that come with it -_-

Anyhow.... I want to purple Beatrix and I hope I dont regret it :P Anyone else excited for her to come back to glory?
You know I am! She was my MVP along with Garnet for a while back in the EX era, and now she's coming back in full force!

Also, glad to be of help to you again, Mink!

Here's her (and Rusty's) Infographics!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

well good to know you like to have a laugh lol

And yea I remember we talked about the whole costume thing before. I have very little interest in cosmetics, but wanted to support this game, so I ended up getting like 10 costumes despite hating the price.

It's why I have so far only gotten 1 costume this year and can't wait for mog pass to come out, as I think it's the best option for me to support the game financially and doesn't seem like a rip off

As for Beatrix, she was a surprise unit for me when I paired her with garnet and loved using her and she becomes even more busted with her ex+ and rework. She is also getting ANOTHER rework in JP today and her LD makes her broken tier.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
well good to know you like to have a laugh lol

And yea I remember we talked about the whole costume thing before. I have very little interest in cosmetics, but wanted to support this game, so I ended up getting like 10 costumes despite hating the price.

It's why I have so far only gotten 1 costume this year and can't wait for mog pass to come out, as I think it's the best option for me to support the game financially and doesn't seem like a rip off

As for Beatrix, she was a surprise unit for me when I paired her with garnet and loved using her and she becomes even more busted with her ex+ and rework. She is also getting ANOTHER rework in JP today and her LD makes her broken tier.
Holy crap, I'm looking forward to hearing about that!

My favourite thing about Beatrix, then and now, is just how heavy hitting she is as a defense-focused Support. Thinderslash was already broken as a single target attack, but now that it hits all enemies, it's most certainly hitting cap in the best of times! And HOLY HELL, that Eight hit EX+, triggering TWICE, With BRAVE RECOVER IN THE MIDDLE, that's a spicy damage boost if I've ever seen one!

She keeps the party from taking too much damage, but a skill set based on defence is less appreciated without a tank to make the most of it.

Which is why she pairs super duper well with Zack! She puts three buffs on everyone in total, but for Zack she overrides one of his, so she doesn't hurt his Buff total. Plus, all that extra Defense and reduced Brv damage taken makes his ability to just take no damage from attacks becomes pretty much unstoppable, and her Hp Damage denial allows her to keep the party safe from big AoE Hp attacks he can't protect from.

Pairing her and him with a self-buffer like Vayne keeps everyone from taking too many buffs at once, since there is only so much room to work with if you decide to use her Ability 1 consistently. Her skill set is only at it's best with the party full of buffs, but you gotta be careful how many that is given how she provides three of them to everyone already, and an extra one to herself.

She had, and probably still has, a big issue with having an Ability 1 that you wouldn't use all that often unless you need it, so having a party Comp that makes it okay to use regularly helps tremendously with her longevity, although her EX giving her best ability another use helps a lot too!

She is an awesome investment for anyone who wants a power house who can keep your party safe!

Also, Rusty has a ludicrously high Atk debuff, and if paired with somebody who stacks that debuff with him, like Ramza's EX or Fran's Stacking Debuff, can absolutely neuter the offensive ability of some bosses. He also has the unique mechanic of triggering his Max Brv based Battery by using the party's TOTAL Max Brv, meaning he can do some serious battery in the right circumstances!

I'm not saying he's a full-pull kinda guy, but I do say he has plenty of Merit with at least an Attack boosting support backing him up!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steiner EX on the free draw.

...Yay I guess? Free EX is cool, but too bad I have no interest in building him up or in the character himself.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing on the free pull, but got Beatrix EX after 50 tickets. Gonna try another 50 and see if I can get Steiner.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Wait a sec, I thought this was gonna be an LC, but I guess this was the first time JP got Beatrix, so it's an event for us? Makes sense, but be careful! This is only going to be around for a short time!

Also holy shit I was NOT prepared for how good it feels to hear her voice acting and sound effects again, Climhazzard was always such an AMAZING attack to see and feel, and now it's just straight up Therapeutic!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm laughing my ass off at how Marlilith only did 1 Brv Damage on all her hits with the defensive buffs that Beatrix has now, oh my god.

Will she be the first character to justify defense as a worthy stat to pay attention to?

In any case, I'm having a ball with her, I'm gonna try a comp with her, Krile and Edge and see how far I get with that sometime. All of them will do solid damage at max with the Lightning Imperil! Just gotta hope the buffs don't cross!

Let's see... Krile is one buff in everyone, she's three... Edge has like five, but the def ones from Beatrix aren't important, so overwrite then with his two generic buffs...

...Yeah, I think it can work out!

By the way, Beatrix Tips!

Her HP+ gives everyone a quarter of the damage she does with it! That might not sound like a whole lot, but remember, she gives it to herself too, and it triggers off her 1 turn HP Damage Denial buff too, so she can protect everyone from Brv Damage should everyone take less damage with her buffs active!

So if she's going to be targeted after her turn, an Hp+(++) will keep her from getting broken!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty easy fight. I had fun doing an all lighting composition and it worked lol. But I have to admit my team was a bit overkill

Edge Krile Beatrix

Was surprised to find out that her C65 HP heals. That could come in handy when in a pinch

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
5 powerstones on the free draw but since I already have Beatrix's ex from when she arrived... i'm already golden with this banner. I will 3/3 her immediately no questions asked :D

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I got jack on my free pull: one gold weapon at all, and it was Beatrix's 15 CP. This seems to happen whenever I pull immediately after signing in. I'm sure it's just RNG bring RNG, but I'm going to do doing that.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I got jack on my free pull: one gold weapon at all, and it was Beatrix's 15 CP. This seems to happen whenever I pull immediately after signing in. I'm sure it's just RNG bring RNG, but I'm going to do doing that.
If you are unsure if she's a good fit for your party, give it a little time and take consideration of the other characters showing up later.

As much as I heap praise on Beatrix, she is a good unit, focusing on Defense, that gets her due before A HUGE AMOUNT OF BROKE AS HELL CHARACTERS. Leo, Arciela, Hope, Shadow, Lightning, Galuf, Cloud of Darkness, and way way more.

If you aren't confident she'll show up for you, just put a few tickets towards her and see where you go. This is a big time for broken as heck characters to show up, so being discerning is important!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If you are unsure if she's a good fit for your party, give it a little time and take consideration of the other characters showing up later.

As much as I heap praise on Beatrix, she is a good unit, focusing on Defense, that gets her due before A HUGE AMOUNT OF BROKE AS HELL CHARACTERS. Leo, Arciela, Hope, Shadow, Lightning, Galuf, Cloud of Darkness, and way way more.

If you aren't confident she'll show up for you, just put a few tickets towards her and see where you go. This is a big time for broken as heck characters to show up, so being discerning is important!
Luckily, I'm already loaded up on Lightning, so it's just a matter of playing the waiting game for her. But yeah, since I'm still fairly new (and mostly f2p, aside from Tifa's costume (because I really don't like the default one)), I have pretty much nothing in terms of resources, so I'm just dumping whatever gems I get into the latest panels and trusting you guys on whatever you say is good.

Vayne is pretty bonkers, though, I'll admit. I can see how hell be better than Cloud soon enough, but I still need to get his shitty weapons, which could be a while.

Poor Squall is like the last in line for all my stuff now, when he was initially the first guy I built up.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where can I find mindflayers? I've fought 15, but wasn't keeping track. Googled it and found act 2, but I haven't done any of those, so I know it wasn't there.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Here's a fun question for the newcomers!

I know we all play this game for the fun gameplay and great characters getting realized in interesting ways, but How about the Story!

Anyone enjoying the narrative so far? Getting the gang together in the first act is fine and dandy, but I feel like the story really hit it's stride in the second act with all the great character-focused stuff that brings big themes forward, like the recent one with Zack.

Lost Chapters are also a hoot, especially when you get to see how a character bounces off of like minded or dissimilar characters from other games!

Personally, I love what they have done with the story in this thus far!

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The story feels very cliched, but I like how the characters act how they do in their respective games

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I've been waiting for this event forever since I missed out on Beatrix in last year's anniversary. She has not disappointed! Her animations and sound effects of her abilities are so smooth and pleasant, as opposed to Vayne's punch punch punch.

I paired her up with Edge, which may seem overkill with all their dodge/HP reduction shenanigans, but since they're both short duration, you're able to layer them very effectively. I could see a lot of encounters being cheesed with these two on the team. Moreover, Edge has an ATK down debuff, which synergizes so well with Beatrix' DEF up, so even if an attack gets through, it's hitting for miniscule amounts. The only thing that doesn't mesh is all of Edge's self-buffs -- he ends up pushing off Beatrix'. Going to have to try that duo with Krile for the extra imperil, but I think the comp will really shine with a strong damage dealer like Lightning down the road.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not super into the story, but I do enjoy the character interactions. Zack, Tidus, and Seifer having a squats contest was the best and fit their personalities really well.

That said, I'm taking a break from the story, at Chapter 8, because there are just so many events and banners, plus, I'm working my way up to being able to do harder content.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
The story picks up really well in Act 2. Lost chapters have some of my favourite scenes ever and the devs clearly know what they were doing with them. Tbh, I know it's a lot to ask but I wish it was English dubbed haha.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Like a lot of others it seems I'm not too much into the main story but I do like the interactions between all the characters from different games. It shows how archetypes are used and adapted to fit different worlds, it's fun :)
Getting the vilains into your team often feels a bit forced though but I get why they need to do this for gameplay reasons.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'll also chime in that I LIVE for the characters reactions and interactions, and less for the overall story. Stuff like Tidus shouting "I hate you dad!", Zack being thankful and proud of Cloud, Agrias and Faris bonding over their mutual attire so 'fools' don't underestimate them......that stuff is golden.

It might sound kind of corny, but I find myself smiling often when I play OO. It's a feel good game for FF fans.