• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats for the 35cp Hikari!
I've tried to get it but it's been avoiding me lol but trying to save gems for Quistis though.

Just completed Kuja's ex! Will try to complete Palom's one now.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it bad that I really want to pull on Maria just because I really like her model? Ugh. Her and Quistis is gonna kill me. I'm only gonna have like 5 pulls between them without paying.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Is it bad that I really want to pull on Maria just because I really like her model? Ugh. Her and Quistis is gonna kill me. I'm only gonna have like 5 pulls between them without paying.

As someone who hates FF II I dont really like any of the characters. If you want to pull for her cause you like her then I'd say it is a great investment!

Congrats for the 35cp Hikari!
I've tried to get it but it's been avoiding me lol but trying to save gems for Quistis though.

Just completed Kuja's ex! Will try to complete Palom's one now.

Thanks and grats on your clear :) I cleared Palom EX but badly earlier so i'm looking to try again as my team has 1 dead member and I also took too much hp damage. Good luck

Also, they are doing another early character release. Blegh.... I swear to god it's on purpose cause of my low amount of gems lol.

https://twitter.com/DissidiaFFOO/status/1040759654408695811

Sephiroth is going to win this one if he's on it hands down. Rydia better lose if she's on it cause I need to save up for her as well. Quistis right now, then Rydia and Allisae are my next priorities. By the time of Alisae's release we should get ex weapons though.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks and grats on your clear :) I cleared Palom EX but badly earlier so i'm looking to try again as my team has 1 dead member and I also took too much hp damage. Good luck
I just tried Palom's EX, I got one boss down but the other killed me while it had low HP.

Sigh...
What support character is recommended?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I just tried Palom's EX, I got one boss down but the other killed me while it had low HP.

Sigh...
What support character is recommended?

I just finished it!!! Took a lot of tries but the best team for me that I had was Yuna 35 cp mlb with passive, Prishe 35 cp mlb with passive, Sazh lb 1 35 cp for attack boosts. Prishe took a major beating and had 230 hp left. What I did was only use attack boost at the turtle stage and finished the rest of the waves off normally. For the lizards they are extremely cheap enemies with very high initial brave which can guarantee you take hp damage a lot. Best way to do things was hit the right lizard with hp attacks after brave. use Yuna's 35 cp cheer (helps immensely). I gave attack boost to both Prishe and Yuna. I summoned Shiva when the lizard was displaying all which means it will get the super buff. Don't let this happen! One lizard needs to be dead. If they get the buffs it's good game. For the last lizard be aware that he can still one shot you with eruption so make sure to always Have him broken. If he uses eruption there's a 90% chance your character dies. He also has hp regen but it's really manageable on a good run. I used a mlb vaan support with 35 cp. red spiral first then have Sazh give attack boost to Vaan and spam white whirl from there. My shiva is level 18 or so and really helped cause the lizards are weak to ice. For the last lizard, if you take too long he'll kill you which is why Yuna is MVP in this fight with Esuna and cheer. She's just so good.

I got all milestones cleared with that team but it took lots of tries to get a good run. In ex content like this I really feel like sazh is required and it sucks for the player base not having him if they didn't pull.

DBEFB158_8406_4_D4_D_8_D2_D_00_E88_F5_B52_E1.png

On a side note it seems each ex is getting harder. Maria's is apparently tougher than both. Great challenge.

Last edited:

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I just finished it!!! Took a lot of tries but the best team for me that I had was Yuna 35 cp mlb with passive, Prishe 35 cp mlb with passive, Sazh lb 1 35 cp for attack boosts. Prishe took a major beating and had 230 hp left. What I did was only use attack boost at the turtle stage and finished the rest of the waves off normally. For the lizards they are extremely cheap enemies with very high initial brave which can guarantee you take hp damage a lot. Best way to do things was hit the right lizard with hp attacks after brave. use Yuna's 35 cp cheer (helps immensely). I gave attack boost to both Prishe and Yuna. I summoned Shiva when the lizard was displaying all which means it will get the super buff. Don't let this happen! One lizard needs to be dead. If they get the buffs it's good game. For the last lizard be aware that he can still one shot you with eruption so make sure to always Have him broken. If he uses eruption there's a 90% chance your character dies. He also has hp regen but it's really manageable on a good run. I used a mlb vaan support with 35 cp. red spiral first then have Sazh give attack boost to Vaan and spam white whirl from there. My shiva is level 18 or so and really helped cause the lizards are weak to ice. For the last lizard, if you take too long he'll kill you which is why Yuna is MVP in this fight with Esuna and cheer. She's just so good.
I just completed it!
My team was Sazh, Aerith and Lighting with 5 turn Vaan support (followed your advice)
It required some strategy for me but could reach a little more than 25k.

Now I have 50k gems and around 140 tickets, Quistis can't come soon enough!!

Will have to pray to the RNG gods though lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I just completed it!
My team was Sazh, Aerith and Lighting with 5 turn Vaan support (followed your advice)
It required some strategy for me but could reach a little more than 25k.

Now I have 50k gems and around 140 tickets, Quistis can't come soon enough!!

Will have to pray to the RNG gods though lol

Congrats! I hear Lightning is actually really great in that fight and Garnet but I dont have them mlb. Wow, Aerith? Hmm, I should have thought about using her but I couldnt break lizards fast enough with her when I did so I needed to just be clean on hp damage as I had no healers. Yeah, Sazh is required pretty much! xd. And wow, I really hope you can pull your stuff. Mine was just a disaster trying to get one weapon. Only have 9k gems now myself. ..... for Quistis.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Completed Palom's EX finally.

Used Sazh/Kuja/Eiko with friend Kuja & Shiva Summon.

It was a lot easier when I focused on getting both of them really low at the same time instead of killing one first then focusing on the 2nd.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
So, I got Eiko's 35cp weapon using some tickets and now I'm wondering if I should do a pull and see what I could get for her, don't entirely sure about it since I have Aerith with her 35cp mlb...

So how's Maria ex? I haven't got the time to try it yet but I hear it's pretty hard.
I haven't tried it yet but I read something about an exploit, use the summon on the 4th wave and then hit both bosses at around 23k hp and then they'll keep doing buff between them.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, might skip Quistis too, the coop bosses sounds like a huge pain in the ass, and seeing the currend trend of harder and harder bosses, this is not helping.
God I wish we got awakening already to make the game more enjoyable.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Beat Maria's EX.

Used Eiko Full MLB, Sazh 35CP 0LB & Tidus 1LB on his 35CP. w/ Brothers summon.

Tidus' debuffs helped out a ton.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
New character poll is up. Seph will win by a landslide. GOOD BECAUSE IF THEY RELEASED RYDIA WITH QUISTIS I would have rioted.

z1jQYp5.jpg

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Cleared Maria's EX today! Celes/Sazh/Aerith. Everyone was mlb except Sazh 35 cp 1 lb. I used an eiko friend as well because the hp requirement was really tough and took a few tries even with two healers. Celes is SO MVP in this fight taking those thundagas and discharges with runic like a champ. Aerith was doing work with prayer of the cetra bravery attacks and healing wind. Sazh was the usual with attack boosts. Gave one to eiko and spammed smite for full brv each turn for the party which made it miles easier.

Difficulty wise I felt it was really harder than previous extreme stages mostly because I didnt have eiko or tidus mlb and geared with both passives but then again I couldnt clear without Celes. She was just amazing in the fight.

I haven't tried it yet but I read something about an exploit, use the summon on the 4th wave and then hit both bosses at around 23k hp and then they'll keep doing buff between them.

Sadly, I just heard of the exploit today and I'm pretty pissed since it's cheating. I won't do it since I got all rewards already but it sucks for people that did it legit, imo.

So 50 tickets and near 13k gems for Quistis tomorrow. I wont be pulling until all my tickets are gone. Here's hoping I can get her weapons with tickets as I really dont want to risk any pulls. I have to save for Rydia in the future and Alisae and then ex weapons. I think Terra's ex weapon is on Allisae's banner so damn.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
After trying for just shy of two weeks, I finally beat Palom's EX event with full high scores. Probably the hardest battle I've fought so far in this game. What finally cleared it for me was a maxed XIII team of Lightning, Vanille, and Sazh, with Ifrit summon and a 5-turn Vaan friend. Saved all abilities until the final wave, summoned Ifrit half-way through the damage phase on the first lizard, used everything Lightning had to kill him, then summoned Vaan for the second lizard. With an attack boost from Sazh, Vaan absolutely destroyed it. Feels good.

Also beat Marie's EX yesterday on my first shot. Tidus, Eiko, and Sazh all MLB. Tidus' debuffs were huge for damage and Eiko is necessary for HP damage repair. Used Ifrit again and forgot which friend I went with because I didn't use them. Found it the easiest EX so far but that's mostly due to lucking out with the perfect team for it straight away.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did one pull on Quistis' banner and got her 15cp. I'll take it, I was mainly hoping to get one of her weapons.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Well, after 2 pulls I just want to hate this game so much lol
3 15cps is all I got, 2 being Starseeker = powerstones and one of Vivi's weapon...

Will I get something decent for Quistis? :(

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Maintenance coming this Wednesday or Thursday I forgot, but that means the next chapter should be released this week.

Are Seifer/Fujin/Rajin any good? (so many gems incoming)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled after all (25k gems and 50 tickets) but no Quistis 35 CP, I got one Vivi 35CP and the rest was 15 for everyone lol

Edit : So Vivi 15MLB/35 0LB, and max Vaan/Sazh/Kuja support

a38f2db5-7556-4ea5-8c05i43.png

Edit 2 :

36a69a1d-7b1d-4840-b6xoc8w.png

Took 40 more tickets but she's full MLB now.

Last edited:

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I pulled after all (25k gems and 50 tickets) but no Quistis 35 CP, I got one Vivi 35CP and the rest was 15 for everyone lol

Edit : So Vivi 15MLB/35 0LB, and max Vaan/Sazh/Kuja support

a38f2db5-7556-4ea5-8c05i43.png

Edit 2 :

36a69a1d-7b1d-4840-b6xoc8w.png

Took 40 more tickets but she's full MLB now.
I feel your pain lol
Congrats for her 35cp!!
Hopefully I can get it with some tickets

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Lol, just bringing the sadness. 60 tickets and 3 vivi 15 cp here. I mlb'd it in case I get the 35. Blah, still a lot of tickets to gather from Maria and Quistis's event so I hope I can get at least one Quistis weapon -_- I dont want to risk pulling with only 15k gems.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Celes is just super beast. In this event she tanks literally anything. Who needs synergy? Lol, I think ex stage gonna be easy with her.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Did everything except EX for Quistis event. I pulled both her whips and then quickly grinded her to 50 for the Co-Op fight.

Going to give it a shot today.

0CWlCwt.jpg

I need to also level up Irvine which I'll probably do right now.

Chapter 10 Artwork(I saw this already from Japan side) posted and is releasing tomorrow.

Dn-aSSKX0AEwBIX.jpg:large

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Beat the ex stage but didn't get 30k score for the extra tickets and gems. Celes completely walls this, Sazh gives the attack boosts, and Prishe hits so hard. Easiest EX ever for me cause I cleared it first try unlike the others. Maybe i'll try a Kuja support and get a higher score. Again, Celes just destroys this.

Edit: 28k score now Brothers summon and Vaan support mlb. Cant seem to get 30k.

Also, chapter 10!!!! MORE GEMS YAY.

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Quistis' EX on my first try with Sazh/Eiko/Tidus w/ Brothers summon & friend Vaan.

This one was a lot easier than the last two.

Hoping Sephiroth comes this Monday. We'll probably find out soon enough.

Reading into Sephiroth and it seems like it'll be another Auron situation where on release they're just okay and end up being a lot stronger later on..

do I still pull though hm

Last edited:
May 31, 2018
As a new player is there any advice someone can give me? When I first started I was told to reroll until I got Sazh CP 35 weapon so I did that and have limit broke it once. Since then I am up to Chapter 7 in the story and have been doing the daily crystal quests to level up crystal lvl. I currently have Sazh, Cloud, and Squall up to lvl 50 and around 40 crystal lvl. I recently got Yuna CP 35 and have been leveling her, shes at 42. I tried to do some artifact quests but didn't have enough max energy to even do a difficult one I unlocked. I am welcome to any suggestions on what else I should be focusing on

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
As a new player is there any advice someone can give me? When I first started I was told to reroll until I got Sazh CP 35 weapon so I did that and have limit broke it once. Since then I am up to Chapter 7 in the story and have been doing the daily crystal quests to level up crystal lvl. I currently have Sazh, Cloud, and Squall up to lvl 50 and around 40 crystal lvl. I recently got Yuna CP 35 and have been leveling her, shes at 42. I tried to do some artifact quests but didn't have enough max energy to even do a difficult one I unlocked. I am welcome to any suggestions on what else I should be focusing on
Can you post your weapon list? You're using Squall and Cloud so I assume you have some of their weapons?

Honestly Opera Omnia is nice in that a lot of cases you can take it pretty easy when it comes to story content and events don't cost stamina. You might want to do some of the Trials for summons(current one is Brothers ending tonight) and enhance them a little. Use item drop booster books to get more.

May 31, 2018
Can you post your weapon list? You're using Squall and Cloud so I assume you have some of their weapons?

Honestly Opera Omnia is nice in that a lot of cases you can take it pretty easy when it comes to story content and events don't cost stamina. You might want to do some of the Trials for summons(current one is Brothers ending tonight) and enhance them a little. Use item drop booster books to get more.

I have Spica CP 35 for Sazh, Fury Blade CP 15 for Squall, Flametongue CP 15 on Cloud, and Lullaby Rody CP 35 on Yuna. For armor the only thing note worthy is Lion Belt on Squall. The rest are just 4 star armors.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Square-Enix stream happening right now

Copied from the DFFOO Discord:

Square Enix Mobile Community Stream In future streams, there will be Dev builds to show off new content.

Stream Challenge Rewards Challenge goals met!
- 5 Armor Tokens
- 10 Draw Tickets

Autumn Festival Campaign

Autumn Festival coming tonight!

- Daily Mission rewards will be doubled
- Login Bonus Campaign
- 7 day login bonus for 4 weeks

Story Campaign: - Clear Story for Story Tokens that you can exchange for 15cp weapons
- Can obtain total of 4 different 15 CP weapons from this event
- Able to pick max 2 weapons from 2 sets

Cactuar Canundrum: - Unlimited times and rewards you random amount of crystals
- Rare chance of running into Kactuar (Flower Cactuar)
- Kactuars will reward more crystals and EXP

October Character Lineup Sephiroth won the poll and will be coming first!
- 15 CP weapons will be given in Character Events starting from Sephiroth onwards
- Order of events: Sephiroth, Lenna, Cid, Rydia

- Token Shop costs will be reduced slightly

Other News

- Boom Sticker sound effects is fixed to make Fireworks sounds.
- A Gem Sale will be coming as well.
- Awakening coming at the end of October.
- No heretics coming for Chapter 10
- It would be ideal to have simultaneous releases with JP
- But look out for some Global firsts

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I have Spica CP 35 for Sazh, Fury Blade CP 15 for Squall, Flametongue CP 15 on Cloud, and Lullaby Rody CP 35 on Yuna. For armor the only thing note worthy is Lion Belt on Squall. The rest are just 4 star armors.
Okay well the best thing to do for now is attempt current events up until you find you can't finish them. If you have multiple people on your friends list with 35 CP weapons like Squall, Kuja, etc, then use them on the boss because you will get 5 turns. The best timing is when you've summoned so you maximize your damage from the units. Since the game is stamina free make sure to use some item increase books and do some crystal farming so you can max your main party on that front. The more gems you collect the more you can focus on pulling the best weapons on banners. There is tier lists for JP that you can look at and see who is the best to save for. I personally aim only for VIII characters since It's my way of enjoying the game so feel free to also go after the characters weapons you want most.

This game really doesn't put as much pressure on you with timing because you can play as much or little as you want. Obviously events are time limited but they eventually come back and the only miss is the rewards.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this Chapter so far. So much VIII greatness.
Is there certain characters or weapons I should be focusing on or trying to pull?
I know Lenna, Quistis and Kuja's future EX weapons are the biggest thing to save for. Rinoa is also supposed to be really good but we won't see her for a while.

There is probably some upcoming weapons to pull for that are pretty good but the above are the best to save for.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
No Quistis weapon yet but did get A Serah 15 dupe and then bought the one from the festival event so I mb'd it. Her 35 is at one lb so I'll see about Maxing it. What 15cps did you guys pick? You get 4 free with tokens. Also, new chapter is up!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got another 35cp for Lightning from the new draw. Don't know which weapons to pick right now with the tokens.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Alright Chapter 10 finished. Almost have Seifer, Fujin and Raijin maxed out and I have all the banner items except Fujin 35cp. I want to try and pull it so I'll wait before powerstoning Seifer.

I enjoyed the chapter a lot though one part disappointed me because I had thought it was something different in JP version.

Chapter 10 spoilers:
I thought Seifer turns on Ultimecia to join the party and it would have been a great moment of him breaking away from her mind control but instead she ditches him so he has no choice and joins.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
October Character Lineup Sephiroth won the poll and will be coming first!
- 15 CP weapons will be given in Character Events starting from Sephiroth onwards
- Order of events: Sephiroth, Lenna, Cid, Rydia

OMG, for me this is a game changer. I was sitting on multiple utterly useless characters, cuz their weapons are weird type and I had no good options even from other characters. At least this won't have in the future it seems.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I'm happy with all the new content.

I did one pull on the Lightning/Tidus/Balthier banner because it was half off and got one Astral sword. It was one of the weapons on the banner I didn't have MLB'd so I'm satisfied.

I'm not sure who to put my tokens towards to get their 15CP.. I'm not really close to MLB'ing most of them and last week for no reason I spent 4 power stones MLB'ing Vaan's 15CP then selling it for the 4 stones back lol

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Always love the end of the month for all the new content. I won't pull on the chapter banner though because I'm stupidly excited for Sephiroth. Love that we're finally getting more villains.

I did do one pull on the half-off banner though despite having all of those characters nearly maxed in the hope I would get another copy of Balthier's 35cp since I need one to fully limit break it....and I got his 15cp instead. That'll be it though. Saving the rest for Seph.

As for the new story, I don't care about Seifer and his crew, but it I do like that they went with a group from the same game for this chapter though. Give me a chapter update in the future with the Turks - Reno, Rude, and maybe Rufus. Or the chocobros - Iggy, Gladio, and Prompto. I'd go bananas on pulls lol.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was almost pulling on Sephiroth but with awakening in 4 weeks, he'll get powercreeped FAST.
I guess it's still worth it if you like him. (And yes he'll become very strong later)
Next pulls for me will be Zack/Liilisette/Terra rerun (I have both for her but no powerstone to LB either 35 or 15)
With the free 15 CP I picked Terra's one so that's one LB down, 2 to go.

Last edited:

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I've used around 30 tickets or so and nothing for Quistis, the RNG gods don't want her to be my waifu lol

Haven't started the latest chapter yet but it seems that people are having fun with it.