• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got Zell's 35CP from a ticket so I'm probably going to try be done with the banner.

Cid is really strong in the Co-Op as well, I didn't know he had a dispel effect apart of his movelist lol

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
The score requirements for the hard Quick Encounters in the LCs sometimes give me more trouble than the hard mode story battles lol. There was one in Seymour's event that I could just not complete. That eyeball enemy that cuts your max brave kept getting the leg up on me. Finally swapped in a few characters with higher speed and that finally beat it, whew.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The score requirements for the hard Quick Encounters in the LCs sometimes give me more trouble than the hard mode story battles lol. There was one in Seymour's event that I could just not complete. That eyeball enemy that cuts your max brave kept getting the leg up on me. Finally swapped in a few characters with higher speed and that finally beat it, whew.
I've had to do that before, I forgot which quick encounter it was but for the life of me I could not get the score because the enemies were always starting first. Eventually, I had to bring in Lightning to have that higher speed and then I finally managed to finish it that way.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I've had to do that before, I forgot which quick encounter it was but for the life of me I could not get the score because the enemies were always starting first. Eventually, I had to bring in Lightning to have that higher speed and then I finally managed to finish it that way.
Ha, yup, that's exactly what I had to do. Only thing was for this fight, even at max brave, my Lightning wasn't high enough to finish off the first enemy so I still wasn't reaching the high score. What I ended up doing was using Lightning to get the first move, then I immediately summoned a friend Sephiroth in her place and he was able to clear the first enemy and the rest just followed.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Halloween event will be nice, I have a itch to pull haha
Cid don't really interest me and I already cleared the event shop.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I pulled for Faris/Vanille/OK banner and only got one 15cp, the RNG gods keep hating me lol

I wonder if I could beat Lenna's EX, onmy have Sazh and Aerith mlb... will try my best.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it'll be Wakka's 35CP that will be featured in 30 mins since he just got buffed.
Not interested but I still hope the 2 other characters will, first 10+1 is free anyway so good luck!

EDIT : it's just Wakka/Papalymo/Cyan and only got 2 15CP dupe in the free pull.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Just encountered a magic pot on wave 2 at the 2nd stage of the event, you break him and you win, so it's nice you don't have to defeat the 2 bosses everytime.

Edit : he might ask for an HP attack too.

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got Papalymo's 15 & 35 CP and a Cyan 15CP from the free pull.

Kinda want Wakka's 35CP but not sure if he's worth using gems for

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Papalymo 35 cp and Wakka 15 cp from the pull. Not bad. I hear Wakka 35 cp is incredible though.... must resist the urge to spend tickets. Rydia is around the corner....

Also, FINALLY finished the Kactuar event. I got lucky today and encountered 4 in a row SOMEHOW.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I have so much to learn.

Got 15cp Papalymo, and 35cp Cyan. I googled and I guess Cyan is not that great, I don't have but 20 allies right now anyway.

I started using King a lot, I have one of his 15 cp, and I read somewhere that Sephiroth and King are part of "the big four"... and so ya. Still no clue what I'm doing really, but I can do 40 level type fights. But on the events, I can't do the last battle even though it's a lower difficulty number? Anyway, still much to learn, my 3 people are in their low 30's and I'm at the beginning of Chapter 4. Been making sure to get dailies done. (Thanks Madvin_a) Will keep lurking here until I get educated.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So, I haven't used any tickets in awhile and I decided to check, how many I have...

7R5P6xwV07gmofyreoXHpRC60BOLeI.png

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Level 60 awakening confirmed for end of the month (again), first characters are Terra/WoL/Firion/Y'shtola/Cloud/Shantotto

https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/9qt48z/10232018/

• 5 armor tokens 10 draw tickets 3 books of all knowledge rewards from stream.

Content: QoL - Enhancing gear and can choose powerstones and more gear or orbs at one time
    • Purchasing multiples from the token exchange
      • When the boss HP is low enough, it will show the HP number so can coordinate how to attack or brv
      • Bringing back double cycle quest rewards
      • Introducing new support items. Triple effect instead of double effect. These items are only going to be available during initial sale period and everyone will get two of each item for free.

Next month: Zack and Kefka. Josh isn't sure of the order. Last two characters that come with no awakening. The rest have awakening. Bringing back Thancred's LC and level 60. No set of lost chapters anymore. They are breaking away from them and may not be in the same order as previously. LC will be rebalanced based on where they fit into global.

Awakenings: The first wave of characters are WoL, Firion, Cloud, Terra, Yshtola and Shantotto. Adjusting their current passives to make them better. They will have a star on their page. To increase from level cap have to increase the crystal strength to 51 and then can level it accordingly. High shards from different events and ways.

Done at maintenance.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I'll probably only look into furthering Cloud as he's the only character I care about that's being awakened (and the only char I have MLB'd)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Joshua rectified himself and we might see actual HP for the bosses, just more accurate gauge.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody pulling on the Rydia banner?

I think this might be the first Co-Op where I have to strictly play on the Just for fun side

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Is there somewhere I can see the schedule for future banner pulls? I ended up not using my wanted characters because I don't have the weapons for any of them.

I'm hoping for Yuna's banner or at least her CP25.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Is there somewhere I can see the schedule for future banner pulls? I ended up not using my wanted characters because I don't have the weapons for any of them.

I'm hoping for Yuna's banner or at least her CP25.
The only sure thing is the datamined one every end of month maintenance https://dissidiadb.com/events#current-events

Then there is that Japanese schedule, even though Global like to mess up with the order https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eX7618DYoF6vsLpTHhUviVntTe0w_UrycKSWqUMQnq4/htmlview#

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, just realized I can exchange my Autumn Story Campaign tickets for some of the characters 5* weapons. Is it worth it?
Yes, get them while you can.

I got one Wakka ball for the MLB, Bartz' 15CP to MLB since I had his 35CP, Papalymo's 15CP to MLB and I have 1 more I could get and trying to decide on who should get it

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Perfect, I have just enough tokens for Yuna, Y'shtola and Terra. Going in. Thanks!

EDIT: Ah, fuck, I could only pick up Yuna and Y'shtola's and ran out of silver tokens, and I don't care about any of the golden token weapons. I hope I can finish another story chapter before time runs out.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'm skipping Rydia to MLB Terra next week with her awakening banner, already have her 35CP but I need power stone (and 2 more of her 15CP to not waste any)

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I have like 90 tickets for Rydia's 35 cp and still didn't complete cid's Event for the tickets and Rydia's is more tickets. Overall, I'll be over 120 tickets. I have 50k gems + but I won't be pulling until ex era. Terra is mlb a long time ago too and can't wait until her buffs! I need to still try Cid's Ex stage too. I'm not sure what I'm gonna be using and my ranged aren't mlb. Celes seems very useful once again for Rydia's Event though!

I also need to finish the new hard lost chapters so by the time ex era arrives I should be around a good amount of gems to pull.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Cid's EX was pretty easy if you have at least a Cid friend with his 35CP.

Also, checking the reddit, there's a lot of complaints about the newer EX' (sans Cid) being too difficult or tuned for post awakening characters while I've also seen complaints about some content being too easy lol.

It really makes me wonder how I would've been doing in these past few EX' without Sazh. I can't imagine beating any of them without him lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This Rydia coop is brutal, damn.
Had to use tons of ressources on my alt to MLB Rydia then it became somewhat manageable. Too scared to try the EX after that experience.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Yea I tried it once and it took twice as long as the other Co-Op's lol

Maybe next week when a few characters get awakened it'll be a bit easier

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A guy on reddit managed to scare me to hell and said he didn't get a Rydia 35 cp after 85k gems used. He even posted his pulls. Incredible what rng is in gacha. Congrats :)
Thanks, probably the kindest rng has been to me with this game. I completely agree with how incredible it can be with gacha games, you definitely have your good pulls and your bad pulls. Hopefully you can get her 35CP too.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Reddit is in a uproar about how everything is just too hard if you don't have the (5 or 6) meta characters, doesn't help that our content is tuned from the JP version.
Here's a good thread about it https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/9rpjsz/gl_pacing_and_powercreep_evaluationdiscussion/

It's just that we caught up too fast on the Japanese version without getting their buffs or awakenings, like they had Vaan 60 for Rydia and we won't get him until the end of november, pretty crazy stuff.
GL don't hide its intention of shuffling events/lost chapters again so this situation will keep hapening sadly, just like Thancred's lost chapter coming next month here, while JP had it after every old characters got their level 60 (and tons of EX weapons) this is going to be a massacre if they don't balance it properly.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Rydia EX clear with Eiko (35CP 0LB)/Sephiroth/Sazh/friend Rydia

015ce9ae-590d-4e5f-a2ded1z.png

So close to complete lmao, I will wait until Terra 60 before trying again. I still need to get 42k score in Cid EX too.

Edit : did it again with the same team but Lenna (no 15CP passive and 35CP 0LB) instead of Eiko and I could complete it, still Cid 42k score to do and I'm not sure the first level 60 will help me.

Edit 2 : well then, I got my 42k on Cid

https://abload.de/img/47e6ce5e-1af6-4fd0-a1fii5p.png

Didn't need awakening after all but it's far from easy

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't given Rydia's new EX a proper shot yet since the Co-Op is so hard lol

Which characters are you guys looking to awaken first? I'm thinking only Cloud since he's the only character I have MLB'd that's getting awakened.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Terra and maybe WoL, I don't have either Cloud weapons so I might just pull on physical banner and use stones for Terra.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yea I forgot, they updated Rydia's EX today to make it a bit easier lol

damn right when were getting level 60 in global they start adding level 70 to JP lol, we aint ever catching up

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Finally beat Cid's EX with all high scores. I got lucky and pulled two copies of his 35cp so I was able to clear it with Sazh, Seph, and Cid with Ifrit and a friend Seph. It was a nail-biter though. Final score was 42,533.

Haven't tried Rydia's yet and only have the free copy of her 15cp so I'm not optimistic. I hope the awakened characters can potentially help sub in for these EXs where the featured character seems integral to beating it or at least making it easier. I get that it's kind of the point to showcase them for their event, but it's not feasible long term to keep up with every featured characters max weapons and armor.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
With the new Awakenings, I shouldn't go rush and start focusing on those guys right? Just stick with my main team and wait for their Awakenings to come around (barring a new 35cp item that changes everything)

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
My Terra is busted right now. I put her on support if anyone wants to use her XD. Also, insta cast is amazing. Cant wait to awaken her to level 60.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
With the new Awakenings, I shouldn't go rush and start focusing on those guys right? Just stick with my main team and wait for their Awakenings to come around (barring a new 35cp item that changes everything)

Like FFRK, I'd just focus on your strongest/favorites. From my understanding, a lot of a characters power post awakening is in leveling their crystal level.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Like FFRK, I'd just focus on your strongest/favorites. From my understanding, a lot of a characters power post awakening is in leveling their crystal level.

Thanks. Seemingly making progress. I also realize now why King is a big deal, once he pops reload, his rapid shots so brave and then go at same time at such fast speed he sometimes goes two turns in a row.

Enjoying Eiko and all her Brave generating too.