• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Seems like raids are coming to Japan. I always wanted raids for this game so I'm very happy! Also hints that an X-2 character is coming. My guess would be Paine! And JP is getting level 70 cap. Man, I'm happy with just 60 now but cant wait for all that future content. This game is just so good. The support for it is amazing!

Edit: New abilities too in JP apparently.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta get 70K in Power's Chasm: Pitch to get all the rewards.

Also gotta carry Warrior of Light & Firion for more high shards :(

also got Shantotto's 15 & 35CP from the half off multi.. still need Terra's 35CP since she's so good now

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Terra getting 100 MBRV and IBRV after each level is a thing of beauty.
Anyway I completed the Magic heretics but with only Terra in party, I could put her at crystal 55 so it'll help carrying the other 2, separately of course.

I feel like I used too much of my hoard (35k gems and 160 tickets iirc)
Got 2x Cloud 35, 4x Cloud 15 (I had none), 1x Terra 35 and used stone to MLB it (already had one), 2x WoL 15 + 1 35 and finally 2x Firion 15. Oh and 1 Y'shtola and Lightning 15.
Tickets were disappointing with 100 tickets only getting Setzer 15 wtf.
Still have 500 tickets and 206k gems so I'm safe for Golbez, my ultimate goal.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like raids are coming to Japan. I always wanted raids for this game so I'm very happy! Also hints that an X-2 character is coming. My guess would be Paine! And JP is getting level 70 cap. Man, I'm happy with just 60 now but cant wait for all that future content. This game is just so good. The support for it is amazing!

Edit: New abilities too in JP apparently.
Nice, I've been hoping that Paine would eventually get in.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Terra to 60/55. Just got the 62K score left for the Magic Chasm mission and then I can work on the melee/range one.

ID: 141753334

if any one wants to add me.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
If I stop being a dirty OCD collector and actually sell my MLB'd 15CP's on chars that have their 35CP's already...

...I'll get 64 power stones

230144796499509251.png

I should do it aye

EDIT: Help

Untitled.png

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I steeled myself, said "fuck it" and pressed the Yes button (4 times).

74 Power Stones. Now to decide what to do with them...

I'm going to pretend the game gave me a little pat on the back by doing this for as soon as I sold them, I started to combine some artifacts...

smjI9hql.png

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Got 73k score in magic while carrying Shantotto (15cp), nice.
Also used a double item book for the Halloween event and saw 2 magic pots, almost done buying all shards and additionnal tickets

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
So I'm on Chapter 9 and at this point of the game it's basically impossible for me not to wipe at least once whenever there's a boss fight, especially against two bosses.

Is it normal? I feel like the game wants me to spend my gems on revives. My two main parties are around level 35-40 and I still get my ass kicked.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
So I'm on Chapter 9 and at this point of the game it's basically impossible for me not to wipe at least once whenever there's a boss fight, especially against two bosses.

Is it normal? I feel like the game wants me to spend my gems on revives. My two main parties are around level 35-40 and I still get my ass kicked.

I'm new since I hardly played when it first came out, but I'm in chapter 6 and my level is in my mid 40's. Are you doing the cycle quests? Doing the stamina-required dungeons, and mostly sticking to the same characters? I'm just surprised I'm much further behind you, but higher level. I haven't done any repeating of the story, or some kind of level grinding.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm new since I hardly played when it first came out, but I'm in chapter 6 and my level is in my mid 40's. Are you doing the cycle quests? Doing the stamina-required dungeons, and mostly sticking to the same characters? I'm just surprised I'm much further behind you, but higher level. I haven't done any repeating of the story, or some kind of level grinding.
I'm doing as many quests as I can and get shit experience :/

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017

don't spend gems on reviving its a trap

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Would anyone with a Cid and a Rydia support be willing to add me as a friend? I've yet complete the EX quests...

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That was so close!

bb3753e5-b557-40ba-bf7ue58.png

Carrying Firion was a pain in the ass as I sold his MLB 15CP and no 35CP (big mistake) otherwise I'm done with all current events so I can take a deserved break.
The team was Terra MLB / Cloud 35CP 1LB (with 15 passive)/ Sephiroth MLB.
Terra and Cloud are 60/55 and both had their first extension.

Queen Terra so strong she helps even in the physical heretic :O

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Yeah, Terra is ridiculously busted now. When EX comes she will be indestructible. That's why I'm saving these gems! 55k atm. I already have her best artifacts too.

Last edited:

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
I switched my support to Terra, MLB with 15cp passives, 60/55, and working on better artifacts (have atk +108/max brv +110, trance**/atk+24 and max brv +200/trancs*). ID 992721783

I will probably switch to Cloud when i get him to 60/55 since it seems everyone has been max'ing out their Terras.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
Getting punished hardcore for not liking Terra or pulling for her relics.

New events are way too hard.
I didn't like Terra at all until this week, and was always confused by all the love people seemed to have for her, but after getting her 35cp on one of my two pulls on the banner, I've become a fan.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I didn't like Terra at all until this week, and was always confused by all the love people seemed to have for her, but after getting her 35cp on one of my two pulls on the banner, I've become a fan.

It's not about how good she is in this game. One look at her revised kit should tell you how good she is at the moment.

I just don't like the character at all. Her design and her role in VI. I hate it.

Same deal with Lightning.

This game punishes you very hard for not adhering to meta characters unfortunately.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I really just can't get Trance Boost**
I always felt like MBRV is her most important stat so she'll keep what I farmed before and still try again without refreshing.

067f77f7-4226-4fb2-aelebz.jpeg

I got a INT +170 and MBRV +110 on WoL so that's nice.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
So I guess I have a pretty blue background limit broke weapon for Cloud which I imagine is what MLB (Max?) stands for. But it's Organyx so even though he is one of the featured folk in the current update, I guess I will stick with Seph, King, and Eiko.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I managed to complete Cid's Ex before the event finished (even though with only 32k lol)

I wonder if I should pull and try to get Terra's Enhancer, I've only read good things about her since the awakenings or maybe keep saving gems for Ex weapons...

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to complete Cid's Ex before the event finished (even though with only 32k lol)

I wonder if I should pull and try to get Terra's Enhancer since I've only read good things about her since the awakenings or maybe keep saving gems for Ex weapons...
If you can manage do to stuff right now, it might be better to wait for Alisaie's event featuring Terra's EX (and the 10% 5* rates), should be up early december barring surprise early release (there is a livestream for mid-November, they could talk EX weapons there)

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
If you can manage do to stuff right now, it might be better to wait for Alisaie's event featuring Terra's EX (and the 10% 5* rates), should be up early december barring surprise early release (there is a livestream for mid-November, they could talk EX weapons there)
Good to know! I'll see how the current events go with my current line up and then decide what to do.

Thanks for the info Kouriozan

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
got Terra's 35CP off a ticket whew

fully MLB'd her right away now I gotta farm artifacts for her and Cloud.

Finished Rydia's EX as well, still struggling to get 70K on the last Power Chasm but got to like 66K or something.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Now that I understand how the basics of the combat system works. I am really enjoying it. Enjoying it more than FFRK (tsakiki , Madvin_a, WarAdept) but most likely it's because it's new and fresh. This is fun! I am afraid to really google and dive even deeper than what I am currently doing because I don't want to kill the fun and turn it into work as I have done with the other game.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
So, which characters are the best for Rydia's EX? I mostly have magic user with mlb than physical ones (currently decent are Vincent, Sazh, Lighting and Cloud)

Now that I understand how the basics of the combat system works. I am really enjoying it. Enjoying it more than FFRK (tsakiki , Madvin_a, WarAdept) but most likely it's because it's new and fresh. This is fun! I am afraid to really google and dive even deeper than what I am currently doing because I don't want to kill the fun and turn it into work as I have done with the other game.
Try to read the info that the game has about the mechanics (mainly artifacts, summons, weapon limit break and enhancements).

Also, use your dissidia points each monday to buy power orb/stone (I missed some when I was new lol)

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
So, which characters are the best for Rydia's EX? I mostly have magic user with mlb than physical ones (currently decent are Vincent, Sazh, Lighting and Cloud)

Try to read the info that the game has about the mechanics (mainly artifacts, summons, weapon limit break and enhancements).

Also, use your dissidia points each monday to buy power orb/stone (I missed some when I was new lol)

I've been leveling up the gear, summons, characters-crystal strength etc as I can. I do need to read about artifacts soon, I haven't done that yet.

Have used the Dissidia points once, but I dont think I remember this past Monday.... Madvin_a even told me to do that I think. Thanks for the reminder. I haven't figured out what determines what yet, but I seem to be able to clear most 50-60 difficulty level, but there is a couple on the current events that I have trouble with. Unless it's a real tough fight, or I need to make sure to get a certain condition (like not get broke).. I usually auto-battle until the final wave, then I bust out using everything to include Summon.

I'm loving King, that's for sure. He seems to do near max-brave hit every single time at blazing speed with all his perks and 35cp stuff. I wish I would have gotten Seph's 35, but oh well. My main 3 are level 50 now, with crystal strength around mid 30's. On Chapter 6, but generally only go to that if have time.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about "best", but I used Terra, Eiko and Cloud. I tried to find a friend Rydia, but used a Terra instead. I sort of used this Redditor's thread as inspiration: https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/9t4mi1/gl_rydia_ex_complete_feat_terra/

I need to try again before it goes away to get the 34K and 38K score prizes (did 33181)

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I've been leveling up the gear, summons, characters-crystal strength etc as I can. I do need to read about artifacts soon, I haven't done that yet.

Have used the Dissidia points once, but I dont think I remember this past Monday.... Madvin_a even told me to do that I think. Thanks for the reminder. I haven't figured out what determines what yet, but I seem to be able to clear most 50-60 difficulty level, but there is a couple on the current events that I have trouble with. Unless it's a real tough fight, or I need to make sure to get a certain condition (like not get broke).. I usually auto-battle until the final wave, then I bust out using everything to include Summon.

I'm loving King, that's for sure. He seems to do near max-brave hit every single time at blazing speed with all his perks and 35cp stuff. I wish I would have gotten Seph's 35, but oh well. My main 3 are level 50 now, with crystal strength around mid 30's. On Chapter 6, but generally only go to that if have time.
Some EX were really hard, I think that I didn't even clear Lenna's one and only completed Cid's with a decent score (32k or so)
Focus on those units who you like and some who are considered "good/great" to carry you on some quests.

Not sure about "best", but I used Terra, Eiko and Cloud. I tried to find a friend Rydia, but used a Terra instead. I sort of used this Redditor's thread as inspiration: https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/9t4mi1/gl_rydia_ex_complete_feat_terra/

I need to try again before it goes away to get the 34K and 38K score prizes (did 33181)
Thanks for the link! I read some tips before going ahead.

Did 43k on my first try (with a couple of resets on the last wave)
My team was Sazh (35cp mlb), Eiko (both 15 and 35cl mlb) and Terra (only 15cp with 2lm, level 60/55) with a Terra support and brothers as a summon.

It was easier when the boss used Big bang and didn't summon the minions (recovered HP with Eiko's skill).

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I've ignored the last 6 EXs.

Mega obvious attempts for Squeenix to get you to whale so you can get completion rewards.

No thanks. If this keeps up, this game is going where I've put Brave Exvius. Right in the garbage bin.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

Mega obvious attempts for Squeenix to get you to whale so you can get completion rewards.

No thanks. If this keeps up, this game is going where I've put Brave Exvius. Right in the garbage bin.
What's hurting the game right now, is that 95% of the cast is just useless, and Global trying to catch up to JP had more bad effects than good ones.
Now it's playing the waiting game until most characters get their awakening. But soon after we'll be back to massive powercreep where characters will need their 15/35/EX weapons to be effectives, such is the fate of Gacha games.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017

Yep, I thought the same thing, Sephiroth, Lenna's and Cid ones were difficult for me at least. So in other words, if you don't have the featured characters from that event it's gonna be a pain to reach the 500 gems score...

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sad you can't farm artifacts in this Co-Op. Probably going to use this as a way to get to 999 Power/Defence orbs.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a Trance Boost** artifact for Terra for 8CP with some max BRV, this took way too long haha.
Already have both Bartz weapons so I'm not summoning tomorrow.

Edit : well then, this EX has shittons lf HP, Global once again went pretty crazy about it.
Cleared it with 35k score which is enough for the 500 gems reward, going for the less than 3k HP damage recieved mission will be complicated.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
That just happened guys...... Rydia's 35 cp off a ticket after getting screwed all week by Shadow 15 cps. I got shadow 15 cps 3 times in a row throughout the week. I was at 90 tickets on Monday and I'm down to 15. I finally got her 35 cp though... I'm so happy. Ugh, the rates are brutal in this game. I really hate how screwed I've been regarding tickets. Still packing 67k gems for EX era though so not bad.

I also finished Rydia EX yesterday night with full marks. My comp was Celes/Yuna/Terra with a cloud fully mlb friend with awakening. Made things very easy and I was struggling bad without Terra fully awakened. Celes is a beast in this. You have enough time to kill Prominence by the time all 3 runic boosts run out. Pretty much have Celes use runic and boss will lock her on with magic and you can go to town. Without Celes I feel this is much harder.