• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I managed to get her EX, but at a terrible cost...

All my Tickets and 30K gems have been lost in this pursuit, of what I believed to be a neccessary addition for the coming content. I no longer can take getting Zack and Vayne for granted, and I must be vigilant not to spend anymore gems.

However, any and all tickets I get at this point will be saved for a single character before August, and that is Sephiroth. His kit is too useful and powerful to ignore, and all the tickets I can get now must go to him. If I can't get his EX, however, He will take no gems, and I must move on.

This will be a trial, and I will not fail it. Not one of luck, but one of Restraint, one I had already failed before, and can not afford to do so again.

In any case, I wish you guys luck on the Rinoa banner! I'm not interested in making her a permanent place in my party, but I hope she rocks for you all of you fighting for her!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Bad luck all around, actually this made me reconsider Rinoa but I'll still try at least.

It was bound to occur eventually! Gravy train had to stop sometime, especially at such a useful character, too. I can only hope it get's back on the rails for all you when the next super awesome characters show up!

It does sadden me that I'm going to miss out on the Jecht EX, combined with the queen of Fire Imperil, LuLu though. I'm hoping that people get something out of that banner when it comes up, because the two together are unstoppable.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh Yeah! Now that we have had our first character event outside of the Summon board period, now's A good time to tell you guys how Summon boards are gonna work from now on!

Basically, every time a character is featured in an event, they receive a temporary double Exp bonus, visible on their character portrait. While that helps out a ton when you want to improve that character if they became useful during that time, with the advent of summon boards, a whole new reason to pay attention shows up.

You remember how there were characters with "super synergy?" How they provided double summon points to everyone in the party? Well, that "double" naturally comes from the double Exp bonus after the event, and any character with that bonus is treated as if they had that synergy!

Basically, Every time a character get's their 2x Exp on their portrait, they also receive double Summon Points!

So if they are particularly useful to you, try running them through Ifrit and other boards in the future to grab their passives! Anyone else you haven't already gotten treasure from are also fair game, and should be run through for that at least during the time you can.

This also extends to all boards after the fact, so there will be no better time to max out characters then when they become featured in an event again!

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
^ Thanks for the heads up

I haven't tried pulling much for Lenna.. yet. Not sure if I will, I know she's a good character but I need to save my gems for Rinoa/Sephiroth/Vayne/Zack :/

Well Sephiroth will be straight tickets since I have that whole banner MLB

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Went through my assigned ticket number with the worst results in any ticket pull in long time. So many bronzes and only two 15cp for Ramza who's already MLB. I decided to use some gems and got the EX in three pulls. I had to token her 35 but that's fine. Not what I planned to do but impulsiveness and gatcha are a bad mix lol

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I just want to express my love for this game. Never would I EVER have Golbez, Lilisette, or Lenna in my party if I had the option to also have Cloud, Squall, or Terra in my party all the time. So many characters (and main series games) that I have always overlooked that now because of this game I have grown very fond of and want to pick up the games they are in.

I started playing FF when 7 and tactics were initially released but never really had interest in going and playing the older games before 6. Now I'm knee deep in 4 and can't wait to meet Butz and Farris in 5!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I just want to express my love for this game. Never would I EVER have Golbez, Lilisette, or Lenna in my party if I had the option to also have Cloud, Squall, or Terra in my party all the time. So many characters (and main series games) that I have always overlooked that now because of this game I have grown very fond of and want to pick up the games they are in.

I started playing FF when 7 and tactics were initially released but never really had interest in going and playing the older games before 6. Now I'm knee deep in 4 and can't wait to meet Butz and Farris in 5!

I'm glad the game is inspiring you to try FInal Fantasy's you haven't yet! FFV is one of the more mechanically deep games, and is really fun too! You'll have fun with Bartz and Faris, all the protagonists have their own great moments, though Galuf and Faris are the best in my mind!

Speaking of FF4, I've mentioned it before, but I would die and go to heaven if they put Edward in, and made his After Year's outfit a costume! He could be a super weird support like he is in his game, and I would be super down for it!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got Lenna's EX as well...but it took the full 75k mercy to get it. Add me in the hurt pile I guess, but I know how amazing she is and how long she'll last so it's worth it. With the big hit in my resources though I'll probably have to pass on Seph's EX, so I'll save for Vayne instead. August will be a big month for me because of Vayne and then I wouldn't mind going for Ashe's EX with Fran's event (also helps that I'm a huge XII fan.)

I did MLB almost all of the weapons featured on the banner, so my powerstone supply is pretty good now (I even got 3 of Lenna's 35cp on one draw lol).

Last edited:

UrSuLeTzU

Oct 25, 2017
ROMANIA
I got her EX in 33 tickets and 5k gems along with 2 15cp and a 35cp. I would call that a smashing success! I feel redemeed now after having to 75k pity pull that stubborn Quistis EX and strucking out on Kuja at 60k gems, lol. But I did get Golbez EX and his weapons within 30 tickets so it kinda balances out a bit.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I got her EX in 33 tickets and 5k gems along with 2 15cp and a 35cp. I would call that a smashing success! I feel redemeed now after having to 75k pity pull that stubborn Quistis EX and strucking out on Kuja at 60k gems, lol. But I did get Golbez EX and his weapons within 30 tickets so it kinda balances out a bit.

Nice, best of luck in the future events! Any characters you're interested in?

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I dove headfirst into this a couple weeks back, playing every chance I got in my free time. Got Golbez EX and Lenna EX and focusing on finishing the story. Loving the game thus far, and the generosity of items/gems by the developers. The gem prices are totally whack though.

Anyone in the Era community to add to my friend's list?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I dove headfirst into this a couple weeks back, playing every chance I got in my free time. Got Golbez EX and Lenna EX and focusing on finishing the story. Loving the game thus far, and the generosity of items/gems by the developers. The gem prices are totally whack though.

There is the spreadsheet in the OP but it's pretty dated, you can look for people that post regularly here in the sheet and add them.
My ID is 813.035.855

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Nice work! I hope you continue enjoying the game! If you need any questions answered, I'm the guy to ask! My ID is 944 398 297!

Hope you enjoy those two, they are quite useful!

I agree on the gem prices though, the game is super duper generous on it's premium currency, but It's hard to imagine supporting all the hard work done to make this game amazing when it costs so much for so little.

I guess this game is still only priced for whales, and I don't appreciate that, but at least they don't encourage reckless spending in game at all, outside of paying like 50 bucks for a cool character costume. The splash screen before the game loads even warns to be careful spending money on the game!

I have never really been tempted to spend money on anything, especially because of the prohibitive pricing, but mostly because of the game's generosity. That in itself puts it LEAGUES ahead of nearly any other Gatcha game to me!

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States

My friend id is : 657 165 824

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI

Welcome! My friend ID is 313914051. I generally try to have a meta unit or synergy character up, although once my boy Cloud gets his rework he'll be around for a while. XD

Swing by if you have any questions, we're a helpful group.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
This game is so generous, that after a year of playing I was looking for a reason to pay them.

Although I don't give a shit about costumes I bought the anniversary costumes for wol and cloud as support. I didn't even need the extra gems.

I would gladly pay more if the prices were reasonable though

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
My ID is 8196394014! :)

I was 15000 gems worth of pulls short of hitting the pity on the Lenna banner and I finally got her EX!

Time to start saving again for Lann and Reynn.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
This game is so generous, that after a year of playing I was looking for a reason to pay them.

Although I don't give a shit about costumes I bought the anniversary costumes for wol and cloud as support. I didn't even need the extra gems.

I would gladly pay more if the prices were reasonable though

Like, 20 bucks for just the costume is my limit, I'd buy like every time a fav came up if that was the case. As it is now, I'm probably going to buy Zack's Young costume if it comes out with his event, because I want to spend some money on this beautiful game, darn it! And I'm probably going to use Zack all the dang time, because he's the best there ever was!

Also, for anyone keeping score, Rinoa is a wave clearing machine, Lenna paired with her keeps her from hurting herself because she heals all the health she loses with her best attack. Her Ex keeps her best buff going forever, if you're careful.

Sephiroth eventually goes super fast and has insane Regen, while passively reducing enemy speed by 50%, and his attacks hit many times with overflow, and his EX always riduces enemy Brv to Zero, and has equal damage. Best for single targets, but holds his own in boss fights with multiple enemies too with his EX.

Zack is the best, and is a DPS tank with locking enemy attention on abilities, even his Brv+, a special buff from his EX that reduces damage down to zero depending on his iBrv, Has a 40% Atk & MaxBrv aura on everyone, second ability Brv dumps three times, and is the best FF character I'll fight you.

Vayne has two super unique mechanics, the first being that all his abilities boost a special buff that, when full, gives him three free turns, and the second being that his second ability undo's enemy break status to break them again during it. His EX restores his ability uses, he provides a unique buff aura that gives everyone 25% Atk and 50% Max Brv, and himself even more, and is also the best I will fight you.

Those last two I am Especially gunning for, and why I spent too much to get Lenna, since she also has a 40% Atk and Max Brv party Aura like Zack, they all work super well together and can allow each other to do Frankly Disgusting amounts of damage.

Lenna's IBrv buff from her EX helps Zack tank, All the Aura buffs make it safe for Vayne to use his Free Turns without worring about regular buffs disappearing, Zack and Vayne both have an ability that allows them to dump their brave and still attack more during it, I think Zack gets his own Brv Regen, which is also powered up by Lenna's Regen and iBrv buff, Vayne can guarantee a ton more damage during his free turns because of the Regen...

It's all works so well! Plus, Zack had a really good EX+, and when Vayne's comes out eventually, he's going to be Bananas. I imagine the same for Lenna's.

Hopefully this is a helpful refresher on what to mainly look forward to coming soon! There is a content map posted earlier that'll help you forecast what characters and character reworks are coming up, and the Dissidia Database has all the info you need to confirm how characters are going to play when they come out!

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Thanks. Added you helpful bunch, except Razorrin who is full on followers. My ID is 191 947 402.

Like, 20 bucks for just the costume is my limit, I'd buy like every time a fav came up if that was the case. As it is now, I'm probably going to buy Zack's Young costume if it comes out with his event, because I want to spend some money on this beautiful game, darn it! And I'm probably going to use Zack all the dang time, because he's the best there ever was!

Yeah, and I don't get the argument that they'll make more by targetting whales. If for example their $25 gem package (6000 gems) was $5, that would essentially be one multi roll for the cost of half a lunch, and they would need to sell that to 5 players to be on par with the current cost. I'm not an expert on gacha economics, but I feel they can easily find more than 5 players to purchase the sale package at $5 than 1 whale at $25. And this is coming from someone with disposable income. The lack of value they present in their gem shop is just too nonsensical.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
There was a live stream or an interview a few months back where they said they were considering weapon skins......hope that is still under consideration because I had forgotten how lame Force Stealer looks lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well f*ck free Cloud EX dupe, why could't they give me Firion instead!
933f3f54-9efb-4487-8ed3kvr.png

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Free was four trash 15 cp for characters I don't have leveled. 50 tickets got me nothing except Clouds 35cp. Tickets continue to be the real scams to the game. Since starting I've used over a 100 and haven't seen crap from them. Usually taking 20+ just to get a 15 cp off banner.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I got Firion EX and Cloud 15cp. I was hoping for 35 but still happy I pulled a free EX weapon.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I got cloud's ex and 35 cp on the free pull. But looks like you guys did too! :D

For real guys though it's the VII remake hype that clearly has given us increased ex rate for Cloud. Can't be coincidence

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
30 tickets, then 5000 gems then 46 tickets gave me Firion's EX and all his weapons along the way. This will do.

Now I need to stop and keep hoarding for the Rinoapocalypse.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Finishing Touch is too good now. And that little speed bump from his crystal rework is nice. I have one ATK 108 but will need to work on getting some better arts for him.

Now when is EX+? XD

I got cloud's ex and 35 cp on the free pull. But looks like you guys did too! :D

For real guys though it's the VII remake hype that clearly has given us increased ex rate for Cloud. Can't be coincidence
It's all those Cloud Remake avatars sending good luck out there.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I will say, for those of you that either got lucky early or are getting this now, it's the first part of the Soldier trio that'll be showing up every month. Next up is Sephiroth in July, and after that is Zack in August.

I wonder how well they could play together... Zack can buff the other two and take all the heat, Sephiroth can shave brave like crazy and reduce enemy turns with his weird speed buff/debuff, and Cloud can deny enemy turns with paralysis, dispel if you got lucky and grabbed his special red weapon, and launch the enemy four times, plus they all do Rediculous amounts of damage.

Could be a good group!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also got Firion's EX through my free pull, and got his other weapons through tickets. I guess I'll have to think about maxing him out now lol.

PaiiNx

Oct 27, 2017
Ok I probably exhausted my luck.
I got OK ex with the free pull, and with 15tix got Y'shtola's ex too.
15k for Lenna ex.
And now free pull Cloud ex and 4 tix Firion Ex. Not enough ps to lb everything.
Now i'm sure I'll never have Rinoa or Vayne wihtout using 75k each

HNQ90kB.jpg

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got on off banner Shanttoto 15CP lol

I already have Cloud's EX and probably won't bother trying to get Firion's EX

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Should I mlb cloud's ex? How good is he currently? I just noticed because I have his 15 and 35 mlb lol and was thinking hey I won't even lose much powerstones since I can sell the 15 and 35.

And wow... i'm glad we are all getting lucky. That's insane PaiiNx!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Should I mlb cloud's ex? How good is he currently? I just noticed because I have his 15 and 35 mlb lol and was thinking hey I won't even lose much powerstones since I can sell the 15 and 35.

I just went to 2/3 because I wasn't interested in using anymore powerstones then that, but the big thing is the Mako buff. It provides him a ton of Max Brv when he uses his EX, so it's worth getting two breaks to improve it. It also gives him Brv Regen, so if you have Lenna you can get him to do his HP+ all the time and deal roughly 18k hp damage when all his buffs are up, since his Regen would be around 10K.

I might be misremembering some of the number stuff, but the major point is that Cloud get's a ton of use from Regen and iBrv, more then you'd expect.

I'd say that it's worth it if you're going to use him.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

And wow... i'm glad we are all getting lucky. That's insane PaiiNx!

Currently cloud is broken as fuck. I highly recommend him.

His ex damage wise is OK at best, but the buff he gets from using his ex is why you want it and it's why he is so broken and op