• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Well you guys were right. I beat Heretic chasm pitch which I was struggling with so hard by simply mlbing cloud. He's so good... wow! I have him up as support for the time being. Hope he's useful!

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Finishing Touch is too good now. And that little speed bump from his crystal rework is nice. I have one ATK 108 but will need to work on getting some better arts for him.

Now when is EX+? XD

It's all those Cloud Remake avatars sending good luck out there.

As funny as this is, I'm feeling the same way. His EX really does show its age right now without the overflow mechanic... I'm basically using it just for the Mako buff. Can't wait for his EX+ to come along to add W-Meteorain and overflow. Still, his overall kit is amazing right now, and I'm beyond happy I can use him for everything again.

Congrats to everyone who got free EXs! My free pull only netted me Seifer's 35cp, but I'm definitely not complaining since I didn't have it before.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Well you guys were right. I beat Heretic chasm pitch which I was struggling with so hard by simply mlbing cloud. He's so good... wow! I have him up as support for the time being. Hope he's useful!

I am being genuine when I say this, but I am assuming most of you here are day 1 or long time players. How is the current heretics so difficult?

I'm actually bored with the game now due to the low level of difficulty

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Luck streak continues.

Just took 4 tickets.... I dont even like Lenna as a character much but I tried my luck since you guys said she's great the other week.

5NOpcGr.png

MhemJ2p.png

Naar the summer chasm 1 pitch heretic was difficult for me because I didn't have Golbez and relied on a friend golbez. I also Had Y'shtola's ex a long time ago thankfully and while she's great now... her damage still wasn't enough with Beatrix. I had Quistis restricted from one of the other quests for the dark chasm and that's why Cloud really helped me out there. I was doing 171k off a finishing touch launch under ifrit summon. Cloud made it cake lol. As for the heretic 2 I haven't tried yet but i'm assuming it will be very easy with cloud mlb ex. If you're worried about difficulty just wait until cosmos comes in a month. That will be insanely difficult and then chaos in the future which is the real endgame content.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Luck streak continues.

Just took 4 tickets.... I dont even like Lenna as a character much but I tried my luck since you guys said she's great the other week.

5NOpcGr.png

MhemJ2p.png

Naar the summer chasm 1 pitch heretic was difficult for me because I didn't have Golbez and relied on a friend golbez. I also Had Y'shtola's ex a long time ago thankfully and while she's great now... her damage still wasn't enough with Beatrix. I had Quistis restricted from one of the other quests for the dark chasm and that's why Cloud really helped me out there. I was doing 171k off a finishing touch launch under ifrit summon. Cloud made it cake lol. As for the heretic 2 I haven't tried yet but i'm assuming it will be very easy with cloud mlb ex. If you're worried about difficulty just wait until cosmos comes in a month. That will be insanely difficult and then chaos in the future which is the real endgame content.

Yea I am waiting for cosmos.

I just assumed most here have multiple characters to get by heretics by now.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Heya. Still behind. But hoping to catch up this weekend.

I already had a max Cloud with EX. Also already gave Firion EX.

So with Cloud, which other 2 right now would go best with him you guys think as a general group.
Quistis, Cait Sith, Y'shtola — all EX and all MLB.

Thanks any opinions shared! I hope to get all events, lost chapters, story, artifacts, and summon boards caught up this weekend.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Heya. Still behind. But hoping to catch up this weekend.

I already had a max Cloud with EX. Also already gave Firion EX.

So with Cloud, which other 2 right now would go best with him you guys think as a general group.
Quistis, Cait Sith, Y'shtola — all EX and all MLB.

Thanks any opinions shared! I hope to get all events, lost chapters, story, artifacts, and summon boards caught up this weekend.

Cloud's greatest strengths are his consistently maxed out damage, his 150% overflow on everything but his EX, and his ability to deny turns with paralysis.

I'd say Quistis and Y'shtola are a must because they all work together very well, with Quistis making enemies much slower and providing a nice aura of 40% Atk and Max Brv, Y'shtola keeping everyone topped up to achieve their overflow quicker, while dealing tons of damage and delays, and Cloud occasionally denying enemy turns and dealing tons of damage all the time.

By the time you summon, you can get Quistis and a friend Quistis to pair up with your cloud and deal roughly 50K each summon turn, if you saved at least 2 D-Whips on your Quistis.

Overall, Those three would be very solid together, and wouldn't be at risk of bumping off all of clouds self buffs, while having very consistent damage output. I'd save the EX for when you need to rebuff Mako or maneuver around wasting a cross slash +, though, since his abilities will consistently do more damage. He takes a little thinking to fully take advantage of, but he rocks when you do!

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Today I learned it's better to stay stoic on other banners and save up 75k gems if you REALLY want someone's EX in advance for the pity option. I saved up like 35k gems and 150ish tickets for Cloud's EX (missed it the first time) and ended up with... all of Firion's gear.

Not bad by any means but still a little disappointed since I (really) wanted Cloud's stuff.

Does anyone else have the "don't pull with gems unless you have 75k" mentality? Is it even possible without falling for a hype banner somewhere down the line while saving up?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Today I learned it's better to stay stoic on other banners and save up 75k gems if you REALLY want someone's EX in advance for the pity option. I saved up like 35k gems and 150ish tickets for Cloud's EX (missed it the first time) and ended up with... all of Firion's gear.

Not bad by any means but still a little disappointed since I (really) wanted Cloud's stuff.

Does anyone else have the "don't pull with gems unless you have 75k" mentality? Is it even possible without falling for a hype banner somewhere down the line while saving up?

Sometimes you REALLY need a particular character to balance out your roster, even if you aren't as invested in them compared to your favourites, and you don't expect it'd take as much as you needed to spend. It took both me and a ton of other people far too much to get Lenna, but it felt neccessary because of how useful her kit is both now and continues to be later.

I myself got a little caught up on Golbez and ended up making a multipull on him, even though I have an explicit mission statement to save up for two characters in a row later, specifically because he was a character I really like.

You should pull who you want, because it's your favorite characters that make it worth playing, just be certain if there is anyone you are gunning for down the line and try to save up for them. That way, you won't feel bad if you have to spend a bunch to get them, since that was the plan in the first place!

And be careful of the hype, you will always eventually be able to get a nice character that's popular now later, especially of their popularity is predicated on their usefulness down the line. I spent like 30 tickets in Rosa, but backed off, because I knew that I had a few characters this month I wanted more then Rosa, and that I'll eventually get another shot at her by the time she becomes godlike.

Use the Forcasts that use the JP schedule as a baseline for expectations of future banners and characters if you wanna plan ahead. That way, you aren't stuck waiting for nothing, or spending in the moment and getting nothing. Also, try to relent from using too many tickets if a character you want, that isn't a major priority shows up. I've gotten plenty of EX weapons from just using tickets, but it's always likely until it isn't, and you should be mentally prepared for you to lose all your resources chasing a character you want.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Sometimes you REALLY need a particular character to balance out your roster, even if you aren't as invested in them compared to your favourites, and you don't expect it'd take as much as you needed to spend. It took both me and a ton of other people far too much to get Lenna, but it felt neccessary because of how useful her kit is both now and continues to be later.

I myself got a little caught up on Golbez and ended up making a multipull on him, even though I have an explicit mission statement to save up for two characters in a row later, specifically because he was a character I really like.

You should pull who you want, because it's your favorite characters that make it worth playing, just be certain if there is anyone you are gunning for down the line and try to save up for them. That way, you won't feel bad if you have to spend a bunch to get them, since that was the plan in the first place!

And be careful of the hype, you will always eventually be able to get a nice character that's popular now later, especially of their popularity is predicated on their usefulness down the line. I spent like 30 tickets in Rosa, but backed off, because I knew that I had a few characters this month I wanted more then Rosa, and that I'll eventually get another shot at her by the time she becomes godlike.

Use the Forcasts that use the JP schedule as a baseline for expectations of future banners and characters if you wanna plan ahead. That way, you aren't stuck waiting for nothing, or spending in the moment and getting nothing. Also, try to relent from using too many tickets if a character you want, that isn't a major priority shows up. I've gotten plenty of EX weapons from just using tickets, but it's always likely until it isn't, and you should be mentally prepared for you to lose all your resources chasing a character you want.

That's some strong and solid advice. Thanks a lot!

I didn't even realise Lenna was such a good character. Guess I have some much needed research to do ;)

Oct 25, 2017

I made sure to save up 75k gems for quistis after getting frustrated with vaan and a few other whiffs. It took about 1.5 months, but tickets help.

I got lucky on Quistis and got her in 4 pulls, so worked back up fast. Took a chance on golbez, got it in 2, built back up fast. By the time we got to lenna, I had like 90k so I pulled on onion for fun. Things got away from me and I spent 40k gems. I stopped and made sure I had 75k for Lenna, got her in 2 multis. I went back and pitied onion knight (and got Y'sh on the way). I currently have 30k left.

The purpose of this story is mostly to say that getting to 75k doesn't necessarily mean you only end up with 1 ex. I had a lot more fun pulling once I got to 75k because I knew I'd always get the character I really wanted while doing some fun pulls along the way. Not every ex will take a pity (unless you're supremely unlucky). I personally think the pity system saved the game for me. It's a great feature that most should take advantage of.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'll never go under 150k gems, you never know when Global will give us another Beatrix-like GL first here.
Already feel bad enough for having to pity Lenna haha, guess I'll pity Rinoa too if I have to do it, and then try my luck with tickets on Sephiroth and Vivi/Zidane double EXs coming with that first real Cosmos.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
My one major dislike in the game is for event characters banners. Let me give you a real example of what I mean.

Sephiroth came out and I pulled for him and got his weapons last year and full MLB. I also have the other characters on his banner MLB.

Now he comes back in his lc and I would like his ex, but I can't be expected to pull for only 1 weapon, a weapon that has a 1% chance of appearing!

And me pulling to get power stones doesn't work since I currently have 134 stones.

It's made me pull less on new character banners and wait till they come back as LC, especially since future LCs will have double EX banners and I don't want to find myself in a situation similar to my Sephiroth situation again

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Sephiroth is coming back with the first Eiko EX in 9 months so I know what you feel.
There is also weird situation like Lulu's event but she won't get her EX until her LC, only Jecht is getting it at first.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
So out of Cloud, Y'sh, Cait Sith, and Quistis -- Drop Cait Sith, any other opinions or co-signs?

I'll probably go with that then. Try to use event characters for the associated event, but for other stuff, that'll be my main 3. I'll miss Cait'ster.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So out of Cloud, Y'sh, Cait Sith, and Quistis -- Drop Cait Sith, any other opinions or co-signs?

I'll probably go with that then. Try to use event characters for the associated event, but for other stuff, that'll be my main 3. I'll miss Cait'ster.

The Cait'ster will still be valuable in certain situations, no worries! As the newer chapters loom, and the Heretics get tougher, you'll need a diverse set of characters available to handle them. Team comp in normal or negligible circumstances are all about efficiency, but even your biggest benchsitters can be increadably useful in the right situations!

Cait's Biggest strength comes from his consistently high Brv+ Battery, and since it's based on his Atk, any characters with attack aura's that can effect him, like Lenna or Quistis, allow him to more effectively battery allies without spending all his abilities.

If ranged or magic isn't an option due to heavy enemy resistance, Cait can provide solid buffs and battery! The only problem is, as an EX-less character, he'll eventually have difficulty lasting in tougher content, regardless of how much he batteries with his Brv+, but his time will come again.

Honestly, I highly recommend taking your benchwarmers that you've already put lots of work into and putting them through the "Just For Fun!" Multiplayer events as a guest, you'll have so much fun trying to adapt with their skill set in random teams, and you'll discover just how well they can hold up in different situations!

I still occasionally use my Fujin in multiplayer, and she rocks when she's setting everyone up to constantly deal weakness damage to enemies!

Oct 25, 2017
My one major dislike in the game is for event characters banners. Let me give you a real example of what I mean.

Sephiroth came out and I pulled for him and got his weapons last year and full MLB. I also have the other characters on his banner MLB.

Now he comes back in his lc and I would like his ex, but I can't be expected to pull for only 1 weapon, a weapon that has a 1% chance of appearing!

And me pulling to get power stones doesn't work since I currently have 134 stones.

It's made me pull less on new character banners and wait till they come back as LC, especially since future LCs will have double EX banners and I don't want to find myself in a situation similar to my Sephiroth situation again

That's the part that's sort of weird about ex+. I'm happy long term players will get a chance to get a lot more ex weapons, but pulling feels less important with 15 and 35 becoming irrelevant. I really expected them to add another tier for gacha by now. Bloom stone upgrades or something. I wonder what they're planning.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017

In general, yeah, they'll do well. Razorrin's write-up sum up why for both Y'sh and Cait.

Thanks any opinions shared! I hope to get .... summon boards caught up this weekend.

Super synergy is gone, so outside of characters that gain 2x exp, would take my time with those.

Since they put in the Pity break system, that's how I've been planning my pulls. So, I just go into a banner with the mentality that I'll HAVE to pity break. If I don't, or luck out with tickets, even better. Helps immensely that we have the JPN timeline to go by too. So, outside of curve balls, I should be set for the next 6+ months.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
That's the part that's sort of weird about ex+. I'm happy long term players will get a chance to get a lot more ex weapons, but pulling feels less important with 15 and 35 becoming irrelevant. I really expected them to add another tier for gacha by now. Bloom stone upgrades or something. I wonder what they're planning.

What? Irrelevant? Both 15 and 35 cp are still very important to a characters kit. Look at lenna. Without her 35 she is useless

My main issue is being asked to pull a very strong weapon that has a low chance of appearing in banners full of weapons I already have

Adding 1 new weapon to the banner after 9 months is stupid. By that time most people will have gotten weapons for others on the banner.

They need to add more than 1 weapon to the banner, especially if you wait 9 months

Oct 25, 2017
What? Irrelevant? Both 15 and 35 cp are still very important to a characters kit. Look at lenna. Without her 35 she is useless

My main issue is being asked to pull a very strong weapon that has a low chance of appearing in banners full of weapons I already have

Adding 1 new weapon to the banner after 9 months is stupid. By that time most people will have gotten weapons for others on the banner.

They need to add more than 1 weapon to the banner, especially if you wait 9 months

For longer term players, they're becoming irrelevant because people are starting to get them all. Like, I'm at the point where I only need like 15-20 35 cp weapons, and even then they're kind of pointless because there's no reason to mlb most characters unless they have their ex weapon. There's just not a lot of push in the gacha to get new stuff outside of ex's, and a year from now, most people still playing will have a ton of them. Don't take this as a complaint, I'm happy for power creep that doesn't involve spending a ton of money, but I think it's kind of weird that ex+ isn't somehow tied to gacha mechanics.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
For longer term players, they're becoming irrelevant because people are starting to get them all. Like, I'm at the point where I only need like 15-20 35 cp weapons, and even then they're kind of pointless because there's no reason to mlb most characters unless they have their ex weapon. There's just not a lot of push in the gacha to get new stuff outside of ex's, and a year from now, most people still playing will have a ton of them. Don't take this as a complaint, I'm happy for power creep that doesn't involve spending a ton of money, but I think it's kind of weird that ex+ isn't somehow tied to gacha mechanics.

I'm actually happy that upgrading ex+ is based on skill rather than how many pulls I can do.

But I also agree that we need more weapons in the banners because for people like me, the longer I play the less reason I have to pull.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Three EX Cloud's in co-op......999,999

My son is too good, I'm so proud. *sniff*

I'm in this boat too with Seph. I knew at the time that he would get power crept soon after but went for it anyway. Regret that now; he might be the first favorite that I have to pass on since his EX is the only incentive on his banner.

Plus side is that I'll probably use tickets and my palty gem stash on Rinoa instead where I'm more likely to get new stuff. I've really enjoyed using both Selphie and Quistis in the past so hoping the last VIII lady is as fun as it seems she'll be. And, I kind of want her extra costume cause killing bad guys in a cocktail dress is badass. XD

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Three EX Cloud's in co-op......999,999

My son is too good, I'm so proud. *sniff*

I'm in this boat too with Seph. I knew at the time that he would get power crept soon after but went for it anyway. Regret that now; he might be the first favorite that I have to pass on since his EX is the only incentive on his banner.

Plus side is that I'll probably use tickets and my palty gem stash on Rinoa instead where I'm more likely to get new stuff. I've really enjoyed using both Selphie and Quistis in the past so hoping the last VIII lady is as fun as it seems she'll be. And, I kind of want her extra costume cause killing bad guys in a cocktail dress is badass. XD

Your first paragraph doesn't make sense after reading your second paragraph.

You regret pulling on sephiroth event, but want to pull for Rinoa? If you pull for Rinoa now then when her lc returns there is still only 1 new weapon which is Irvine ex.

We still go back to the same problem of having to pull again for only 1 new weapon that is rare.

You are probably looking at it from "what is my favorite character" but this issue applies to every single character event.

Regardless of who gets released now, when thier lc returns there is only 1 new weapon and its not fair to pull for that weapon when you have everything else on that banner MLB

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Your first paragraph doesn't make sense after reading your second paragraph.

You regret pulling on sephiroth event, but want to pull for Rinoa? If you pull for Rinoa now then when her lc returns there is still only 1 new weapon which is Irvine ex.

We still go back to the same problem of having to pull again for only 1 new weapon that is rare.

You are probably looking at it from "what is my favorite character" but this issue applies to every single character event.

Regardless of who gets released now, when thier lc returns there is only 1 new weapon and its not fair to pull for that weapon when you have everything else on that banner MLB
Seph was power crept pretty fast on his initial release, which was suspected. I regret pulling for him then only in the sense that I should have waited for his LC to roll around and go for MLBing his weapons then.

With Rinoa, it's my understanding her initial release is her moment, more so than down the line when she returns with her LC or EX+, and that she'll be relevant for some time. It makes more sense to pull for her now. I don't imagine I'll ever bother with Irvine's EX unless there's something crucial about it so her LC banner will be a skip anyway.

And just to add, I'm not aiming for getting every weapon, there are plenty I don't care about. I'm mostly just trying to grab what is most relevant when, with a few favorites thrown in.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Seph was power crept pretty fast on his initial release, which was suspected. I regret pulling for him then only in the sense that I should have waited for his LC to roll around and go for MLBing his weapons then.

With Rinoa, it's my understanding her initial release is her moment, more so than down the line when she returns with her LC or EX+, and that she'll be relevant for some time. It makes more sense to pull for her now. I don't imagine I'll ever bother with Irvine's EX unless there's something crucial about it so her LC banner will be a skip anyway.

And just to add, I'm not aiming for getting every weapon, there are plenty I don't care about. I'm mostly just trying to grab what is most relevant when, with a few favorites thrown in.

My point isn't about sephiroth or rinoa or anyone else though. The general fact is that character events when they come back as an lc have very little value in thier banners for long time players

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
My point isn't about sephiroth or rinoa or anyone else though. The general fact is that character events when they come back as an lc have very little value in thier banners for long time players
That's on how you play and when you choose to pull though. That's on you basically.

I'm a day 1 player and I never bothered to pull for Quistis when her initial event was here; then she became meta down the line and got her EX with her LC so I did. I was also able to max out Serah on her LC banner too, so there was a lot of value there for me personally. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
That's on how you play and when you choose to pull though. That's on you basically.

I'm a day 1 player and I never bothered to pull for Quistis when her initial event was here; she became meta down the line and got her EX with her LC. I was also able to max out Serah on her LC banner too, so there was a lot of value there for me personally. *shrugs*

I didn't pull for quistis either when she first came out as well.

My point is that the lc banner is not only great value, but far better weapons available to pull on

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I didn't pull for quistis either when she first came out as well.

My point is that the lc banner is not only great value, but far better weapons available to pull on
Now I'm confused. You said LC banners don't have value for long time players, but now it has great value?

I mean, this is a gacha game. And it's honestly pretty generous. Just plan your pulls. Don't know what else to say.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Now I'm confused. You said LC banners don't have value for long time players, but now it has great value?

I mean, this is a gacha game. And it's honestly pretty generous. Just plan your pulls. Don't know what else to say.

No it's great value if you didn't pull on it initially. Otherwise you will most likely pull on an lc banner with characters that you have all thier weapons MLB and then obviously it's much much less value

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
No it's great value if you didn't pull on it initially. Otherwise you will most likely pull on an lc banner with characters that you have all thier weapons MLB and then obviously it's much much less value
I sort of get what you are saying, but unless you are pulling on every single initial character event banner, this shouldn't apply to every LC. They have to balance banners and events for both new and veteran players. Some people still need 15 and 35s. And not every veteran plays or cares about EX level too. Some people just want to hit stuff with swords, my best friend for example who I have to carry through co-ops....but I digress.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I sort of get what you are saying, but unless you are pulling on every single initial character event banner, this shouldn't apply to every LC. They have to balance banners and events for both new and veteran players. Some people still need 15 and 35s. And not every veteran plays or cares about EX level too. Some people just want to hit stuff with swords, my best friend for example who I have to carry through co-ops....but I digress.

Well the next few character banners are amazing with rinoa and vayne for example, but thier lc also comes with a 2nd EX

I rather use 75k gems and possibly get 2 ex rather than having to spend 150k

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Wow Cloud is just super good right now. Took out Summer's chasm heretic pitch 2 but I have to admit it's really rough without a healer and good god the manikins are so damn Tanky and can one shot you. It's really best to not get broken at all so I brought Y'shtola with me even though the enemies resist magic I still cleared way before the turn count. It's probably super rough without cloud or firion. I used cloud, Quistis, Y'shtola and a cloud friend. Finishing touch under a summon is absolutely ridiculous damage.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Well the next few character banners are amazing with rinoa and vayne for example, but thier lc also comes with a 2nd EX

I rather use 75k gems and possibly get 2 ex rather than having to spend 150k

I definitely get what you're saying, but it's an age-old argument with most gacha games out there- the longer you wait, the better the value is for your gems. A lot of Day 1 Global players held onto their gems early on, waiting for 35CPs to be included on banners... only for JP to come out with banners including EXs. Then EXs were released in Global, only for JP banners to have double-EX banners. Once we get there, JP will probably have banners featuring EX2 (or whatever) weapons, which also happen to include all the previous tiers of weapons on them to dilute the pool. It's a never-ending cycle, and those of us in it for the long haul just have to try and be thoughtful about which banners we pull on, and which we pass on.

Unless you're a robot like Kouriozan, who's somehow able to hoard a premium currency stash of 5-6 standard players combined.

Realistically, I think a lot of us take the approach Calliope mentioned. Plan our pulls as thoughtfully as we can, while still having fun by sometimes letting loose on banners purely on emotion.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I definitely get what you're saying, but it's an age-old argument with most gacha games out there- the longer you wait, the better the value is for your gems. A lot of Day 1 Global players held onto their gems early on, waiting for 35CPs to be included on banners... only for JP to come out with banners including EXs. Then EXs were released in Global, only for JP banners to have double-EX banners. Once we get there, JP will probably have banners featuring EX2 (or whatever) weapons, which also happen to include all the previous tiers of weapons on them to dilute the pool. It's a never-ending cycle, and those of us in it for the long haul just have to try and be thoughtful about which banners we pull on, and which we pass on.

Unless you're a robot like Kouriozan, who's somehow able to hoard a premium currency stash of 5-6 standard players combined.

Realistically, I think a lot of us take the approach Calliope mentioned. Plan our pulls as thoughtfully as we can, while still having fun by sometimes letting loose on banners purely on emotion.

I think you all misunderstood me. I am specifically complaining about character/lc banners. I have no issues with story, summon, awakening banners or even the fact that we had 15cp weapons and then they added 35cp weapons, and then they added ex weapons.

My issue again is with lc banners, as it's the only banner that repeats exactly the same + 1 new ex and its just not worth it for a long time player to pull on it on its initial release, but rather pull on it when it comes back as an lc banner.

For new players it doesn't matter

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I think you all misunderstood me. I am specifically complaining about character/lc banners. I have no issues with story, summon, awakening banners or even the fact that we had 15cp weapons and then they added 35cp weapons, and then they added ex weapons.

My issue again is with lc banners, as it's the only banner that repeats exactly the same + 1 new ex and its just not worth it for a long time player to pull on it on its initial release, but rather pull on it when it comes back as an lc banner.

For new players it doesn't matter

I totally get you, it kinda does suck when new mechanics are always right round the corner, and new reasons to pull for characters you already have does make pulling before the Lost Chapter suck.

That's partially why I have no game plan after August other then "Save up a pity pool for Emperor and Ultimecia, and maybe Rosa?" Since after Zack and Vayne I can't be bothered too much by how many characters I may miss before the EX+ Era, especially considering how many are totally EXless. Built not to need it, but still EXless.

But the most important thing about these games, and life in general, is that you can't let your mistakes own you. You learn from them, transform them into experiences, and move on.

I pulled on Vaan and exhausted my story gems back in Beatrix times just to get to 200 pity coins because I thought, "it'd be a waste if I didn't at least get there." Then I got his EX in a ticket pull. I've clawed my way back from that tragedy, and I had a useless character to show for it then, and a very useful Layle for a while.

At the very least, the reworks these character get make them pretty great without EX's, but it does suck a little that more and more of them are becoming dependent on them. It's a natural part of how this game's content requires useful EX Characters to meaningfully complete, but it's still unfortunate.

I will be very happy when 2 EX banners become the norm, because at the very least it'll be prudent to pull to be able to max one useful character if you already have the other.

Edit: I have an important question, since you already pulled for him back in his event. One of my major motivations to pull for Sephiroth with Tickets isn't even his EX, or his use as a powerful character. It's the fact that Masamune Blade is a funny 15CP to put on other greatsword users.

Do you do this, and is it funny? I find that Gun users get a lot of goofy cross-weaponry, and Yuffie's Shuriken looks awesome on tons of throwing characters.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I totally get you, it kinda does suck when new mechanics are always right round the corner, and new reasons to pull for characters you already have does make pulling before the Lost Chapter suck.

That's partially why I have no game plan after August other then "Save up a pity pool for Emperor and Ultimecia, and maybe Rosa?" Since after Zack and Vayne I can't be bothered too much by how many characters I may miss before the EX+ Era, especially considering how many are totally EXless. Built not to need it, but still EXless.

But the most important thing about these games, and life in general, is that you can't let your mistakes own you. You learn from them, transform them into experiences, and move on.

I pulled on Vaan and exhausted my story gems back in Beatrix times just to get to 200 pity coins because I thought, "it'd be a waste if I didn't at least get there." Then I got his EX in a ticket pull. I've clawed my way back from that tragedy, and I had a useless character to show for it then, and a very useful Layle for a while.

At the very least, the reworks these character get make them pretty great without EX's, but it does suck a little that more and more of them are becoming dependent on them. It's a natural part of how this game's content requires useful EX Characters to meaningfully complete, but it's still unfortunate.

I will be very happy when 2 EX banners become the norm, because at the very least it'll be prudent to pull to be able to max one useful character if you already have the other.

Edit: I have an important question, since you already pulled for him back in his event. One of my major motivations to pull for Sephiroth with Tickets isn't even his EX, or his use as a powerful character. It's the fact that Masamune Blade is a funny 15CP to put on other greatsword users.

Do you do this, and is it funny? I find that Gun users get a lot of goofy cross-weaponry, and Yuffie's Shuriken looks awesome on tons of throwing characters.

Well we get our next double ex banner in a few weeks, but I'll probably skip it because I have no interest in Zidane or vivi unless thier rework is good.

I have the gems to pull for both vayne and rinoa but will probably pass on them and wait for thier lc banner and pull on upcoming banners like Zack and sephiroth

I currently have 134 powerstones and pulling duplicates isn't enticing anymore, especially since I'm capped at 99999999 Gil and have nothing to spend it on and selling duplicates is just wasted Gil at this point for me

And no why would I equip others weapons to look goofy? I sold his 15cp immediately after I MLB it (and any weapon that I MLB for that matter)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Vivi sill be interesting to watch since in Global we're not getting the extra passive artifacts. This can make or break Serah depending on how they do it, Serah without her 2 additional passive won't be the top tier support she was in JP.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ayyyy got Cloud's EX with a ticket!
I'm hurting for upgrade stuff atm though. I'm constantly grinding for Crystals and things to upgrade weapons cause I REALLY need to get some more of the weapon passive unlocked.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017

GET READY FOR THE QUEEN TO BE ANNOUNCED.

6kWwTaF.gif

I'm also hoping for a Seifer EX announcement but that won't happen so I won't set myself up for disappointment.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Thought I'd share this battle quote translations spreadsheet I stumbled across for anyone interested

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...qBXCr0dHtlu9SiRbYlHaLUrjA/edit#gid=1736960507

I sometimes get battle quotes stuck in my head (unga wunga). I've also thought there were lines that sounded cute like Quistis' battle start line so I got curious as to what they were saying (I love that Layle really is shouting OKAY lol)

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Ready to pity for Rinoa. Depending on how well my pulls go I might pull for Lenna's EX after.

Sephiroth's EX being on a banner that I've fully MLB'd hurts