• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
That just happened guys...... Rydia's 35 cp off a ticket after getting screwed all week by Shadow 15 cps. I got shadow 15 cps 3 times in a row throughout the week. I was at 90 tickets on Monday and I'm down to 15. I finally got her 35 cp though... I'm so happy. Ugh, the rates are brutal in this game. I really hate how screwed I've been regarding tickets. Still packing 67k gems for EX era though so not bad.

I also finished Rydia EX yesterday night with full marks. My comp was Celes/Yuna/Terra with a cloud fully mlb friend with awakening. Made things very easy and I was struggling bad without Terra fully awakened. Celes is a beast in this. You have enough time to kill Prominence by the time all 3 runic boosts run out. Pretty much have Celes use runic and boss will lock her on with magic and you can go to town. Without Celes I feel this is much harder.
Aren't the rates supposed to go up slightly when the EX weapons are released?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't the rates supposed to go up slightly when the EX weapons are released?
Yes, they will, up to 10% for 5*
Exactly, EX weapons soon and they are at a 0.5% rates (5% for the +1 on the 10+1 pulls)
Also 5* rates will be bumped to 10%.

• 1-10 Pull
  • Chance to Pull a 3* = 59.9998% Chance to Pull a 4* = 29.45943%
  • Chance to Pull Additional 5* = 9.99959%
  • Chance it's a 15CP = 6.49959% Non-Featured = 0.9996% Featured = 5.49999%
  • Chance it's a 35CP = 3%
  • Chance it's a 70CP = 0.5%

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Was able to clear Kefka's EX for all the goals except for HP of course.

Vincent/Terra are really good for the EX, probably gonna slide in Eiko for the HP Regen.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Do you guys generally try to do the 10 cycle quests as a minimum everyday thus knocking out the dailies as well? It seems like that should be the first thing I do everyday, but they take so long. Not long-long, but long for a mobile game when all you want to do is kind of check in and knock out daily stuff type of "long".

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys generally try to do the 10 cycle quests as a minimum everyday thus knocking out the dailies as well? It seems like that should be the first thing I do everyday, but they take so long. Not long-long, but long for a mobile game when all you want to do is kind of check in and knock out daily stuff type of "long".
I do them every day, but unless I have a character too low level to survive an auto-attack fight, I just do them on auto while I do something else (like my morning catch-up on ResetEra). However, the *first* thing would be to do things in the WoI while I have full stamina, especially if there's a chance of a rank-up from a leveling character.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I do them every day, but unless I have a character too low level to survive an auto-attack fight, I just do them on auto while I do something else (like my morning catch-up on ResetEra). However, the *first* thing would be to do things in the WoI while I have full stamina, especially if there's a chance of a rank-up from a leveling character.

Ok that's currently my (newly being formed as I learn) routine. I login, using my stamina up on whatever Trial I'm working on (just finished Ramuh, Leviathan next), then I go do the 10 cycle quests, then I do another stamina battle. If I have any time after that (I usually don't) I'll go work on story. Currently on chapter 7. I feel like maybe this wasn't normal because as FFRK for comparison, to use up your stamina there is like 5 mins of auto battle and there isn't anything to farm unless you're focusing on a very minute thing like magicite inheritance.

Also, it seems to take forever to level up the weapons. I guess you if you really want to, you can farm certain maps to get a bunch of 2* items but i haven't been that determined since my main 3 all have their stuff at max level. I just read that my 2* and 3* artifacts are useless and to just feed them into 4* artifacts -- I guess which are also useless until they are fully broken and thus you get a passive? Lastly, I just ran into my first occurrence of not being able to equp everything and thus CP mattering alot. I think it's because I don't have 35cp gear for Seph. Eiko and King haven't run into that problem .. both are at 50/48.Thanks tsakiki for help!

Edit: Btw, what do you do with a 15cp weapon if you have their 35cp weapon? Just collect it?

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Ok that's currently my (newly being formed as I learn) routine. I login, using my stamina up on whatever Trial I'm working on (just finished Ramuh, Leviathan next), then I go do the 10 cycle quests, then I do another stamina battle. If I have any time after that (I usually don't) I'll go work on story. Currently on chapter 7. I feel like maybe this wasn't normal because as FFRK for comparison, to use up your stamina there is like 5 mins of auto battle and there isn't anything to farm unless you're focusing on a very minute thing like magicite inheritance.

I tend to be lazy, so I run triple caster for daily quest. Since some of the mobs are resistant to melee attacks, but no caster. Otherwise, if I want to get through them quickly, I would run (for example) Terra, Squall and Seymour and just brave+hp attack my through them.

Also, it seems to take forever to level up the weapons. I guess you if you really want to, you can farm certain maps to get a bunch of 2* items but i haven't been that determined since my main 3 all have their stuff at max level. I just read that my 2* and 3* artifacts are useless and to just feed them into 4* artifacts -- I guess which are also useless until they are fully broken and thus you get a passive? Lastly, I just ran into my first occurrence of not being able to equp everything and thus CP mattering alot. I think it's because I don't have 35cp gear for Seph. Eiko and King haven't run into that problem .. both are at 50/48.Thanks tsakiki for help!

Leveling weapons speeds up once you can clear events (especially farming the co ops). You end up swimming in upgrade mats. Yeah, vendor 3* and lower artifacts, pretty useless. You can also buy character specific armor via tokens to boost their cp. 70cp from that once max limit broken.

Btw, what do you do with a 15cp weapon if you have their 35cp weapon? Just collect it?

Max limit break it if its good or completes/enchances a characters kit (ie Eiko), save as a stat stick if you don't have another of the same weapon type, or vendor for power stones.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I was finally able to fully complete Ace's LC with Ace in the party. Terra w/Terra friend too strong lol, had Eiko in the team for the heals

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, it is done

d83ef3f4-60df-4945-9aascer.png

That was really stressing, I went with Bartz / Lenna / Terra, only Terra is MLB, Bartz and Lenna have their 35CP 0LB and no 15CP passive so I clearly lacked firepower, but it's fun seeing Lenna doing 1 bravery damage with normal attack I guess lol
I tried with Eiko, WoL, Sephiroth, Sazh, but it's just doing too much HP damage.
Hopefully Zack EX will be easier.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

Edit: Btw, what do you do with a 15cp weapon if you have their 35cp weapon? Just collect it?

DFFOO takes up a lot of time compared to FFRK. Especially since GL is putting out content at an accelerated rate, as to achieve parity with JP as soon as possible.

I don't generally farm daily colour quests as I have 999 of each sans whatever Kefka uses. It's just too much busywork.

However as you're still starting out, you need to do these for XP and Crystal Levels. No way around it.

Farming Artifacts is already a hellhole, and the later chapters are such a boring slog that it becomes a bit too much.

Its not easy to macro either as the game doesn't allow you to play on multiple devices without fully uninstalling and disabling all data on the prime device. Really fiddly.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
DFFOO takes up a lot of time compared to FFRK. Especially since GL is putting out content at an accelerated rate, as to achieve parity with JP as soon as possible.

I don't generally farm daily colour quests as I have 999 of each sans whatever Kefka uses. It's just too much busywork.

However as you're still starting out, you need to do these for XP and Crystal Levels. No way around it.

Farming Artifacts is already a hellhole, and the later chapters are such a boring slog that it becomes a bit too much.

Its not easy to macro either as the game doesn't allow you to play on multiple devices without fully uninstalling and disabling all data on the prime device. Really fiddly.

I didn't even know that last tip. I had considered putting it on my iphone 7 (only FFRK on it right now) so that I can use my iPad for other things while doing the 10 cycle quests.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yeah you can't play it on your iPhone without first deleting the local data on your tablet, renaming the folders on your tablet so it doesn't delete all the data (otherwise you're downloading 3 gigs worth of content again) logging in on your iPhone, doing a mandatory install and redownloading a massive patch.

Then if you want to go back to the tablet, gotta do the whole process again.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I've been struggling with the 70k score for the power chasm...
Any advice about support or summon?
I have
Cloud with level 60/57, 35cp with 1 lb and mlb armor (no 15cp passive)
Terra with level 60/57, 15cp and armor mlb
Firion with level 51/51, 35cp with 0lb and armor with 2lb, no 15cp passive.

I got around 65k the last time I tried.
Should I spend some power stones with Cloud or Firion's weapons?

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
My strategy was to use Brother's summons on the 2nd wave with a friend Cloud and spam finishing touch during the summoning period then try to finish the last wave as fast as possible. It took me a couple tries to eventually get over 70K.

Also pulled on the half banner because I needed all 3 35CP's and got Setzer's.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I got Setzer 35cp and Vivi 35cp. Instead of asking here first on how good they are, I googled and I see Setzer's is suppose to be terrible. I didn't see much about Vivi's, is his any good? I'm partial to Vivi but so new to this game and can't really get away with using weak setups.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I got Setzer 35cp and Vivi 35cp. Instead of asking here first on how good they are, I googled and I see Setzer's is suppose to be terrible. I didn't see much about Vivi's, is his any good? I'm partial to Vivi but so new to this game and can't really get away with using weak setups.
Setzer's really only good for freezing enemies brave for two turns.

Vivi is okay, but he's one of my favourite characters so I want his 35CP too lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
We will soon stop having those discounted 10+1 pulls, right when banners start having EX weapons, personally I always did those since at worst it's relatively cheap power stone.
Got Edge 15CP this time.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

Setzer is a fairly unique and niche character who will never truly go out of meta due to his Freeze Joker being exceptional and unique. Used more as a friend unit currently though than someone to put in your party.

Vivi hits mega hard with both his weapon passives but that's about it. He's fairly bad and JP has had several go's of buffing him. Only when they finally decided to give him his EX weapon that he becomes a monster.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Aw bummer that Vivi's not much for the meta right now. This game really wants me to use him. In one pull, I got two copies of his 15cp and two copies of this 35cp. Game can't give me WoL's 35cp to save my life but it tosses stuff I don't want at me like candy. How does it know??

Kind of strapped for gems right now after pulling more than I wanted to on awakenings so I'll skip the Zack event. I think Noctis might be coming up soonish(?) so I'll probably go all in for him. Don't even know if he's good or not but I love the guy so you do what you gotta do.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still debating whether to pull on Zack banner or not, Layle is definitely the prize of the banner but then he'll come back for his 60 awakening.
Lilisette will overshadow Laguna pretty quickly, too.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I pulled once for this week's banner since I don't have any of the 35cp featured on it but got only Edge's 15cp... sigh
At least it was half off

My strategy was to use Brother's summons on the 2nd wave with a friend Cloud and spam finishing touch during the summoning period then try to finish the last wave as fast as possible. It took me a couple tries to eventually get over 70K.

Also pulled on the half banner because I needed all 3 35CP's and got Setzer's.
Thanks for the advice! I managed to do it but barely though lol (70655) :)

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I've been waiting for Zack's banner since Sephiroth's but reading into him he doesn't seem that good on release with awakenings already happening.

I do want to get each characters 35CP on the banner though.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I was really saving for Zack's banner. But now that my Terra and Cloud are ridiculous, I may wait for Cloud's EX banner to get Laguna's 35CP. I used him a lot during the early content. I want him back in my rotation.

Sorry, Zack, I won't be giving you wings this time around.

/slow acoustic guitar solo

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I've decided that I will limit myself to 2-3 pulls on Zack's banner assuming I get at least one 35CP of any of the characters.

I'm setting myself up for disappointment and wasted gems aren't I?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll try Zack EX and if I fail horribly, I'll use 70 tickets or so.
I want Layle but he'll be back on Vaan EX weapon banner with the 5* rates bumped to 10%, also Lilisette/Jecht banner soon and I gotta pull for Vaan's Bahamut WoI weapon.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Hi people!
I have a question: are the characters's 15cp and 35cp weapons featured on the Ex banner?
I think that they are included but someone on facebook said that they aren't featured.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
They will be, but not at first.
I heard for example Cloud and Vaan EX weapon banners don't have their 15 and 35CP
I see...
I wonder what will happen with Terra, I have Falchion mlb but no luck getting Enhancer.

Maybe I could use some tickets before the current banner is gone

Edit: just watched a video about Terra's Ex weapon (featured on Alisaie's banner) and it featured Enhancer. I think that I'll wait until that banner

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well I did it...

cdfaabfc-961d-40e4-880nem8.png

15k gems and 170 tickets though.
At least I got 2 Zack 35 and 1 Laguna 35, I'm at 2/3LB for Zack 15CP too after fetting the free one, so I'll use some more ticket for the power stones.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I caved on the Layle costume pack; I have a soft spot for anyone in a tux. Anyway, spent the gems on Zack's banner and got the best pull I've ever had: two copies of Laguna's 35cp, one of Layle's 35cp, one copy of Laguna's 15cp (which was enough to max it), and then a random 15cp for Irvine. And then on the second pull I only walked away with a copy of Yang's 15cp lol.

I'm not the biggest Zack fan but I'm a sucker for Clack and this event delivered so that was a nice surprise. Not gonna spoil myself on youtube, but I'm hopeful come Zack's Lost Chapter they manage to work Aerith into some of the extra cutscenes. Something between the four of them (Cloud, Zack, Tifa, and Aerith) and I'd die a happy girl lol.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did three pulls and ten tickets, and needless to say the 35CP's avoided me. I got everyone's 15CP, but I got enough that I'll be able to max Laguna and Zack's. So something good out of the (somewhat) bad luck.

I'm definitely going to start saving for EX weapons now.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This EX stage was easy, probably because I had Zack but they didn't have a lot of HP.
I brought Cloud but he's not MLB so he didn't contribute a lot damage wise.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Did two pulls and roughly 25 tickets.

First pull was one Laguna 15CP dupe & the second was one off banner Yuffie weapon & Layle's 35CP.

Also got another Laguna 15CP with the tickets. I don't really need to pull again since Laguna and Zack will be back on better banners and I'm happy to at least get Layle's since I had him fully MLB'd with his 15CP already.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I got 2x Laguna's 15CP (which i already had MLB'd) and Zack's 15CP from two 5000 gem pulls. I feel cheated.

No more pulls until EX weapons.
I feel the same way...

I know I shouldn't be angry at all since it's random but did 2 pulls and used around 20 tickets and the only thing I got were three 15cp weapons... sigh.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Took a couple resets but I finished Zack's EX.

Team: Layle, Sazh, Terra w/ Friend Layle + Brothers summon.

lots and lots of launching. I haven't used Sazh in a minute and forgot he was still good lol

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Is Layle worth the investment? I did 2 pulls and used tickets but not even a 15cp for him...

Took a couple resets but I finished Zack's EX.

Team: Layle, Sazh, Terra w/ Friend Layle + Brothers summon.

lots and lots of launching. I haven't used Sazh in a minute and forgot he was still good lol
Congrats! I haven't even got Zack yet lol
Was it hard?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Is Layle worth the investment? I did 2 pulls and used tickets but not even a 15cp for him...
Kinda but it's better to chase him on Vaan's EX banner, where he'll get his level 60 (and double the 5* rates)
Until then, he'll just be "OK"

Edit : me, chasing Terra's Trance** for 2 weeks, only got one.
Meanwhile in 2 days

9923fc4f-d3a3-4c49-8biadwy.png

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I can't kill KEFKA EX. He has so much health wtf I always die near the end. Someone help? I heard 15 cp Kefka can do just fine but I'm dying. Terra/Kefka/Yuna and Cloud or Terra friend. Still cant do it.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
The boss from Kefka's EX has a ton of HP, I managed to beat him barely with 1 k.o. (Terra/Sazh/Aerith and Kefka support) and got a 44k score.

Now I have to clear it with less than a 3k damage...

Kinda but it's better to chase him on Vaan's EX banner, where he'll get his level 60 (and double the 5* rates)
Until then, he'll just be "OK"

Edit : me, chasing Terra's Trance** for 2 weeks, only got one.
Meanwhile in 2 days

9923fc4f-d3a3-4c49-8biadwy.png
Nice passives!
I've got my Terra with 5* Trance, somewhat lucky (no Enhancer at all though lol)

Will use more tickets and see how it goes, at least I got Laguna's 35cp weapon :)

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I realize my questions are pretty noobish, so thanks for putting up with me!

I'm now learning about Artifacts since I finished all the Summon Trials in World of Illusions. So basically, I just farm the two Artifact options and I can only do a couple of battles or whatever unless I plan to use Stamina Potions, and thus I hope to get a 4*, and in fact a 4* that I need/want? I'm not 'outraged' at the potential that could mean for long-term grinding, but I just wanted to make sure I understand correctly.

Is there anyway else to get artifacts? Also, I guess once you reach around 50 crystal level, the daily cycle quests don't always net you much. For example today was white crystals and it only took my Eiko from Str 48 to Str 49. For said crystals, I have 597-261-85-5 -- I guess there isn't anyway to "orb exchange" like FFRK has is there?

Thanks again guys!