• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now learning about Artifacts since I finished all the Summon Trials in World of Illusions. So basically, I just farm the two Artifact options and I can only do a couple of battles or whatever unless I plan to use Stamina Potions, and thus I hope to get a 4*, and in fact a 4* that I need/want? I'm not 'outraged' at the potential that could mean for long-term grinding, but I just wanted to make sure I understand correctly.

Seek the XX: 2nd tier, the end boss level for each "branch" of the map, drops a combo of 3* and 4* artifacts, but it's not exactly where you wanna dump your stamina. Every time you clear it, there's a chance it opens up a bonus level. That one always drops 4* and..is much easier to boot! So, yeah, what you can get can be pretty random still. It's what makes the current map great for farming...much higher chance of getting the artifact you do want over the regular WOI artifact map.

Is there anyway else to get artifacts?

The co-op event(s) also have artifacts as drops and and for token exchange.

Also, I guess once you reach around 50 crystal level, the daily cycle quests don't always net you much. For example today was white crystals and it only took my Eiko from Str 48 to Str 49. For said crystals, I have 597-261-85-5 -- I guess there isn't anyway to "orb exchange" like FFRK has is there?

Yeah, not yet. You could burn a key and run it over and over again until you get what you want if you wanna rush things a bit. Also co-op as drops/token exchange.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Just keep in mind that Artifact grinding is a path to madness.

You'll never truly get what you want in terms of passives + CP costs and it takes a *lot* of time grinding and combining everything. Just do what you can with what you have.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Is Layle worth the investment? I did 2 pulls and used tickets but not even a 15cp for him...

Congrats! I haven't even got Zack yet lol
Was it hard?
It got a lot easier once I realized it's better to try kill them both at the same time instead of focusing on one.

I can't kill KEFKA EX. He has so much health wtf I always die near the end. Someone help? I heard 15 cp Kefka can do just fine but I'm dying. Terra/Kefka/Yuna and Cloud or Terra friend. Still cant do it.
If you have Vincent he's really good for Kefka's EX because of his debuffs. I also used Eiko to make sure I could stay healed up and did it in two different runs. One run for the turn count and another to have less than 3000 damage dealt.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
For the Artifact grind...

So I already seem to have like two maxed out Shadows without even trying. Is this just RNG or does certain ones have high chance to drop? Aside from events.

And about those events, Madvin_a (or anybody) are you saying that the current "events" (which you guys call co-ops?) drops artifacts and best place to get the artifacts for the featured people? Did I read that right? I guess I should be grinding the events for those, as well as the "event currency" that drops but having so much story and other stuff to do, its hard to dedicated to farming the current events...

I just (I'm a little slow) realized that if I take 1 of my level 1's to the Artifact SP20 fight that unlocks the bonus, that he gains 10-13 levels and I immediately rank up making for an endless grind for a few hours until I run out of new characters. It's... amusing.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
So I already seem to have like two maxed out Shadows without even trying. Is this just RNG or does certain ones have high chance to drop? Aside from events.

Just RNG.

And about those events, Madvin_a (or anybody) are you saying that the current "events" (which you guys call co-ops?) drops artifacts and best place to get the artifacts for the featured people? Did I read that right? I guess I should be grinding the events for those, as well as the "event currency" that drops but having so much story and other stuff to do, its hard to dedicated to farming the current events...

Yeah, current co ops, specifically the Quest LV 70 in both the Zack and Kefka event (for example). They drop artifacts for the featured character's. Lately, I tend to pop a Book of Treasure during the co op's to speed things ups. 1 Book usually nets me enough currency to buy most of what I want and can move on to everything else. Can be overwhelming with all the content you have right now...but eventually...all you have left to do is just events and maybe burning energy in WOI. Just go at your own pace.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I managed to complete Zack's EX! It wasn't so hard as I expected, had to bring Layle as a support though.

Kefka's 3k hp damage or less requirement is being somewhat difficult for me...

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Sad no green T4 crystal for this lost chapter, kinda wanted to max Terra but I guess it's normal since Yda isn't get her level 60.
Half pull gave me Yda 15CP... also no free Thancred 15CP for doing his LC, this is going to be hard to carry him.

EDIT : good news, it's not hard.
Bad news, kill me lol

uftcqr2dkitr.png

Guess I can save a few turn on the chimera.

Edit 2 : second time I didn't save skill like crazy and got 56k, now to carry Thancred tomorrow.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Cecil / Bartz / Tidus / Yuna / Vaan / Rem getting their level 60 in 2 days 15 hours

https://i.imgur.com/OWg4BsS.jpg

Finally, I will have a MLB healer, well if we can put them to crystal level 60 with this batch (only used 5 white for WoL and Thancred)

Community co-op event this time instead of heretics.

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder why they decided to go with only having one characters LC come out this month instead of a batch of 3? Slows down the pace a bit, but I guess with Zack's event & more awakenings this week it could be overwhelming for some players to get everything completed.

I saved all my red shards to get Vaan up to level 60. Still need to farm decent artifacts for him but I have his 15CP MLB'd and his 35CP at 0LB.

I read that Tidus' level 60 is really bland so I'll be using his shards to get Cloud to 60. The rest of the characters I don't have weapons for except Bartz but.. nah

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I picked up Thancred 15 and 35 cp weapons from half-price draw. So doing the lost chapter now to get him added to the roster. So nice hearing that sweet sweet ff14 music. Thancred any good?

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Pulled Yda's 35cp off the half off banner, which I didn't have yet, so that was nice. But man, my Thancred is terribad. I'm worried how I'm gonna carry this guy through the hard mode fights. I'll have to run them twice, once to clear and then another to go for the complete carrying this dude. I only have one copy of his 15cp so I'll give him Zidane's MLB daggers and hope for the best. Oy. They really want you to spend money these days.

Still, super excited for the next awakenings. I have such a huge soft spot for Tidus. He carried me through so many of the co-op fights in the early days I feel like I owe it to him to awaken him some, even if he's not that great. Will probably split some of the blue high shards to boost my boy Cloud closer to 60 too.

Last edited:

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I swear that at least the last 4 pulls I've made I got 0 35cp... ugh
I really need patience with the game sometimes.

Also, how do the mechanics for the HP requirement works? Do the damage received by the support character counts to it?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I almost got the 3k hp damage or less from Kefka's EX, but nope, wasn't able to.

Will decide if it's worth to try it again just for the 5 tickets.
Couldn't do it without a healer perosnally, and even then it was very hard since all I had was Lenna 35CP 0LB (no 15CP) she did no damage at all.
That's why I'm glad about Yuna's level 60, she will definitely help with the healing, extended Cheer heal everyone 30% of their max HP.

Last edited:

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Couldn't do it without a healer perosnally, and even then it was very hard since all I had was Lenna 35CP 0LB (no 15CP) she did no damage at all.
That's why I'm glad about Yuna's level 60, she will definitely help with the healing, extended Cheer heal everyone 30% of their max HP.
Didn't know about the new heal element that Yuna will have, maybe I should try to get her 35xp weapon...

I've used Sazh, Aerith and Terra with Kefka as a support but it seems that even if you heal the support unit, the HP damage is counted towards the requirement.

Otherwise can't explain why i didn't get the gems for it...

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know about the new heal element that Yuna will have, maybe I should try to get her 35xp weapon...

I've used Sazh, Aerith and Terra with Kefka as a support but it seems that even if you heal the support unit, the HP damage is counted towards the requirement.

Otherwise can't explain why i didn't get the gems for it...
Maybe your support unit did and you couldn't heal it.
On my post about clearing it, I took more than 1800 damage for sure here:
Phew, it is done

d83ef3f4-60df-4945-9aascer.png

That was really stressing, I went with Bartz / Lenna / Terra, only Terra is MLB, Bartz and Lenna have their 35CP 0LB and no 15CP passive so I clearly lacked firepower, but it's fun seeing Lenna doing 1 bravery damage with normal attack I guess lol
I tried with Eiko, WoL, Sephiroth, Sazh, but it's just doing too much HP damage.
Hopefully Zack EX will be easier.

It does say "HP lost - HP healed"

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I beat Kefka EX but kefka died so I didn't get any of the missions done. Blegh, time for Thancred's LC I suppose.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 11 same time as batch 2 of awakening

Weird we still didn't get Bahamut (Japan got him before Chapter 11)

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I managed to complete Kefka's EX! Luck was on my side since I needed the boss to target Sazh (over 6k hp), take damage and the use Aerith to heal him.

I thought that I would receive 5 tickets and instead got 3 lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Correction about the awakenings, they will be available right after the maintenance, so in 12 hours from now.
I managed to complete Kefka's EX! Luck was on my side since I needed the boss to target Sazh (over 6k hp), take damage and the use Aerith to heal him.

I thought that I would receive 5 tickets and instead got 3 lol
Nice, congrats! Definitely a hard one because of the low HP damage requirement.

Last edited:

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
So, I keep hearing/reading good things about Lilisette, which role does she fit? Is there any character already available similar to her?(just to get an idea)

Nice, congrats! Definitely a hard one because of the low HP damage requirement.
Thanks!
Yeah, it was difficult! Luck was on my side (it should have been too when I pulled the last couple of times lol)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So, I keep hearing/reading good things about Lilisette, which role does she fit? Is there any character already available similar to her?(just to get an idea)

Thanks!
Yeah, it was difficult! Luck was on my side (it should have been too when I pulled the last couple of times lol)
She is debuffer / buffer / brave battery.
With her weapons passive she does at 50 :
First skill = gains 30% of her max bravery + speed debuff (S) for 4 turns + speed buff to herself (S) 5 turns then HP damage to all ennemies (equally divided)

The next skill will be amazing against magical ennemies as both ATK and MATK attack will stack when they do magic attack.

Second skill = ATK debuff (30%) + magic ATK debuff (20%) + Sap (each turns the ennmies give 10% of their max bravery to Lilisette) to all ennemies for 4 turns + 40% max bravery buff and heal 50% of Lilisette max bravery to the team.

Her crystal 50 passive increase max bravery / initial bravery / attack / defense to the whole team when her HP is higher than 50%, give her artifact that enhance it and she's pretty amazing.

Last edited:

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
She is debuffer / buffer / brave battery.
With her weapons passive she does at 50 :
First skill = gains 30% of her max bravery + speed debuff (S) for 4 turns + speed buff to herself (S) 5 turns then HP damage to all ennemies (equally divided)

The next skill will be amazing against magical ennemies as both ATK and MATK attack will stack when they do magic attack.

Second skill = ATK debuff (30%) + magic ATK debuff (20%) + Sap (each turns the ennmies give 10% of their max bravery to Lilisette) to all ennemies for 4 turns + 40% max bravery buff and heal 50% of Lilisette max bravery to the team.

Her crystal 50 passive increase max bravery / initial bravery / attack / defense to the whole team when her HP is higher than 50%, give her artifact that enhance it and she's pretty amazing.
Thanks for the info!
Wow, she does a lot of things to be honest. I have Eiko, Aerith and Firion as brave battery so wasn't sure to pull for her banner but maybe she could be helpful with her abilities.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
EX weapons (and thus increased 5* rates) will be here very soon, in fact, the Chapter 11 banner is the very last one to feature level 50 max characters.
So everyone need to think how they really want to use their tickets/gems right now.
Personally I already have Vaan/Yuna/Cecil MLB and 35 non-MLB Bartz so I'll skip batch 2, well of course I do all half-pull though, with around 400 tickets I'm considering using around 120 max for Lilisette, that will depend if I'll get her 35 and how far away I would be to MLB her 15.

I'll probably skip awakening Cecil since Squall is in the next batch and he'll be the cycle quest King apparently,

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for Squall too, and I'll probably at least do the half-pulls. With EX weapons almost here, I'm definitely going to be a little more careful with gems/tickets spending now.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Good news, WE GOT 10% 5* RATES ALREADY!
Well, starting tomorrow that is.

n8yjfkr1me5t.png
This is great! When did it come in Japan? Maybe after SQEX Josh's 90K gems for Kefka's 35CP made them push the button early lol

I'll probably do a few pulls later on for Lilisette since she sounds amazing. I'll probably raise Yuna's crystal level if I manage to get one of her 35CP's. As of right now, the only character I'm leveling up is Vaan.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I've started leveling Vaan and Yuna but without exp x2 for event characters it's taking ages haha
This is great! When did it come in Japan? Maybe after SQEX Josh's 90K gems for Kefka's 35CP made them push the button early lol

I'll probably do a few pulls later on for Lilisette since she sounds amazing. I'll probably raise Yuna's crystal level if I manage to get one of her 35CP's. As of right now, the only character I'm leveling up is Vaan.
It was with their first EX weapons, we'll get our soon.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Japan is getting ex weapon token exchange shop O.o with how incredibly rare those are I expect next tier weapons in JPN version soon.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Japan is getting ex weapon token exchange shop O.o with how incredibly rare those are I expect next tier weapons in JPN version soon.
Ultima weapons cometh

was able to clear Thancred's final trial with him in the party.. barely but I cleared it.

now I just need to find the right party and strategy to hit the 50K score total. Highest I've gotten is 44K.

Edit: Fully completed it with 66K score using Layle 35CP 0LB & 15CP MLB/Sazh/Terra w/ friend Terra & Pandemonium summon.

almost fully melted the first sand kraken during the summoning phase lol

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And Yuna/Vaan/Bartz level 60, it took a long time and would have been faster to wait until the event start but I'm just so impatient lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, I use 70 tickets, get enough to MLB Yuri 15CP alongside one 35CP of Jecht and Yuri, so I'm slightly pissed and do a 5k pulls

a25c7d2e-356d-4549-81bkitk.png

10% 5* for the win!

Also surprise Cloud and Shantotto EX banners so good luck guys.

Edit : 50 tickets and 5k later

1fc7a98c-2dc2-4b07-8cmjch6.png

My job here is done :3c

Last edited:

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't expect the Ex weapons so early!
I'm afraid and don't know what to do with my gems at the same time lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, you need to finish the first floor of chapter 11 to access the new event, and it's a pretty long one.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Oh no EX weapons are here?? And it's Cloud's??? Ahh I'm so low on gems! I have enough right now for one pull but I'm not even gonna go for it. Gotta wait until the feeling's right. That 'luck is in the air' feeling.

'Grats though to all of you who got some shiny new weapons!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ok having EX this early feel silly, it makes stuff way too easy lol
I've completed the event solo, there is some other players but not enough to fill room quickly,
And I did a horrible mistake, didn't see the other half pull banner containing Cloud weapons so of course after I used power stone for his 35CP, I got 2 other of his 35 on the half pull lmao.

I'm loving the 10% 5* rates so much, I could MLB Lilisette 15CP in about 35 tickets (only had one) and got another 35 in the process <3

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent all of my gems and 30 tickets, and got the 35CP's for Cecil and Bartz, and Shantotto's EX. :)

Back to saving now.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Oh no EX weapons are here?? And it's Cloud's??? Ahh I'm so low on gems! I have enough right now for one pull but I'm not even gonna go for it. Gotta wait until the feeling's right. That 'luck is in the air' feeling.

'Grats though to all of you who got some shiny new weapons!

I really wish you luck cause the rates are super low for ex :(

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get Cloud's EX in two pulls and 15 tickets. I'm speechless. Between this and getting Layle on my first pull... I just can't believe my luck in this game.

I think it's inversely proportional to how shit my record keeper luck is.