• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I've MLB'ed Ashe so long ago, I can't wait to finally be able to use her. Her LC + 60 should be in January.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
RNG just trolled me so hard. Gathered up most of the tickets from the Noct co-op event so figured I'd try my luck on Shantotto's banner. Five tickets in, I get a gold.....and it's Rem's 15cp. Two tickets later, another gold....another Rem 15cp. Figured luck was not on my side with this banner, so back to Noct's. 10 tickets in, another gold....and yet another Rem 15cp for good measure, AHHHHHH. (I've had her 15cp MLB for months now). Saving the rest after that.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
RNG just trolled me so hard. Gathered up most of the tickets from the Noct co-op event so figured I'd try my luck on Shantotto's banner. Five tickets in, I get a gold.....and it's Rem's 15cp. Two tickets later, another gold....another Rem 15cp. Figured luck was not on my side with this banner, so back to Noct's. 10 tickets in, another gold....and yet another Rem 15cp for good measure, AHHHHHH. (I've had her 15cp MLB for months now). Saving the rest after that.

I once got shadow's 15 cp 4 times in a row with tickets. I know the feel... D:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was me with Sazh's 15CP when his 35CP first released.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Winter waltz event gives great exp if you can manage to find the black waltz enemy. Great opportunity to grind.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017

That was me as well in the last Terra banner in her awakening, spent almost all my gems only to get random 15 CPs.

Same happened with Cloud and Shantotto Ex, terrible pulls, but I got some decent weapons for the other characters.

@changing subject... kinda...

BTW, I wanted to ask you people something.

Normally I didn't care so much about terrible pulls because I had a decent amount of gems and a lot of Hard mode quests yet to do.

I played this game since launch, my playtime in average is 1 hour daily, and I think it's a pretty decent mobile game.

But something happened with me this week I'm bit concerned about this game.

In the last updates we got characters awakenings and the introduction of EX skills. Some characters are like beasts now (Meteorain from Cloud anyone?), and this is really cool.

I never have played F2P games before, but I think I finally understood the risks and prejudice this kind of game can bring, and this happened with Noctis launch.

I got his 15 and 35 CP weapons with pulls using gems, and got decent equipments to other characters as well. But somehow I REALLY wanted his EX, I don't know why I got the urge to get. I used my remaining gems and nothing, did Hard Mode from Chapter 1-6 and nothing.

So finally, I did it... I bought the first microtransaction in this game, used the gems in less than a minute only to get horrible pulls again, I was baffled with this result, but after spending the money in seconds I know that I was entering in a danger territory, because I really wanted to spend more money to get more gems.

After noticing this, I entered in Play Store and removed the credit card from payment methods as soon as possible.

I really want to know if anyone here had a similar experience with this game. Because I like this game a lot and noticed the next updates will have a lot of character banners. I feel like the gacha aspect will skyrocket from now and will be hard to continue to be a F2P game because we will get amazing characters from FF series and EX weapons are a huge deal in the game now.

So, only to know to create a parameter, how frequently people here spend money in this game? Once a month? When triggered like me? (lol) Never? I'll try to verify in gamefaqs as well later.

After this incident I viewed a thread here in ERA that talk about predatory mechanisms in micro transactions. It opened my eyes. (link below).

https://www.resetera.com/threads/let's-listen-to-a-monetization-expert-the-top-f2p-monetization-tricks.84162/unread

BTW, I plan to continue playing the game because I feel the game have a soul behind the cash grab facade and have fair RNG (because in the end I used some of the draw tickets I got in some missions and I got Noctis EX weapon, happy ending I think... for now...).

/Blog ends

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
So, only to know to create a parameter, how frequently people here spend money in this game? Once a month? When triggered like me? (lol) Never? I'll try to verify in gamefaqs as well later.

I fall under (lol) Never (so far). Though, like I wrote earlier in the thread, will probably cave just for Terra's costume down the line. Not my first Gacha game, so it's easier for me to hoard up and pull for favorites or even super hyped characters down the line. Though, have spent on other Gacha games in the past, though only when guaranteed a specific item I really wanted...or a full pull that was dirt cheap (like FFRK's $5 pull).

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I've only bought two of the $2 500 gem packs because they were cheap and pretty good value. The price for one pull is just way too much for me to justify getting an off banner Yuffie 15CP.

I would really like to support the game with buying gems but they gotta lower the price heavily for me to do so.

Only time I really considered buying gems out of salt was on the Sephiroth banner when I used like 55K gems to get his 35CP and didn't get it lol, I eventually came to terms with my loss and then got it off a random ticket.

With EXs, while I'd like them, I understand the odds are really awful so I just don't get my hopes up lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFF...lthy_mentality_for_pulling_during_the_ex_era/ this is a good thread on the reddit regarding EX pulls.

also, I really hate gambling with my own money personally so to avoid spending money isn't too difficult for me

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
No money spent here and I have over 100k gems saved. What I do is pull for favourites or hoard until a favourite comes out. Sometimes I'll ticket pull interesting weapons like I'm trying to get Lilisette's 35 cp cause it seems so good. I never played XI and thought she's cool when I got her. I can't see myself ever spending a dime on this game. It's an amazing f2p friendly game and there's enough resources to pull with IMO. Just can't go overboard but if it's a favourite I tend to. I spent 55k gems getting Yuna's 35 cp cause she's my favourite FF character. The only thing I'd consider is buying costumes if they got significantly cheap. Right now I can't see myself every buying one considering it's part of a gem pack and the price is way too steep.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't spent money yet either, but the same story happened for me on Brave Exvius with Noctis (December 2016), I spent all I had in game, bought 100€ worth of pulls and didn't get him. There is also a time in that game where 5* could also be 3* or 4* upgraded instead of base 5*, and in one 10+1 pull I got 2 4* upgraded (1% chances for 5* back then), just imagine the rage.
Thankfully I managed to get him at the very last day on a free pull but otherwise that experience made me into a hoarder and waiting for favorite or OP units instead.

Now, when's Golbez :P

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm actually debating to pull on the Noctis Banner.

Not for Noctis, but for Rem.

Mega burst heals, Swap Turns shenannigans and that HP+ battery is some straight bs.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Ok, finally finished all Lost Chapters and now Starting level 11. You guys said it was long, hopefully I can get it done so I can do event before it's gone.

Other than Hard mode, once I complete Chapter 11 am I "caught up" with content?

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually debating to pull on the Noctis Banner.

Not for Noctis, but for Rem.

Mega burst heals, Swap Turns shenannigans and that HP+ battery is some straight bs.
Having an accidental Rem myself (from pulling for Yuna and Vaan), I would have to say go for it. I've been really having fun with her swap turn shenannigans, and the heals are great. I have her at 60/60 with LB2 on her 35 and MLB cp15.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The only reason I'm hesitating is because I'm expecting Zidane and WoL's EX weapons very soon and I need every little piece of gem and tickets I can scrounge up.

Then drastically need to save for Garnet, Kuja and Vivi's when they come around the same time.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Ok, finally finished all Lost Chapters and now Starting level 11. You guys said it was long, hopefully I can get it done so I can do event before it's gone.

Other than Hard mode, once I complete Chapter 11 am I "caught up" with content?

More or less. You just got to wait until previous event characters are back but for the most part you should be okay. You missed lots of good banners but the draw rate of 10% on 15 and 35 cp weapons should really help. Just make sure you're doing the co ops as they give great gems and tickets. Endgame is pretty much LC hard and event ex stages. They're meant to be super challenging without the right resources etc. Although I feel chapter 11 is a huge difficulty spike and the 2nd floor in particular can be tough even on normal.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
More or less. You just got to wait until previous event characters are back but for the most part you should be okay. You missed lots of good banners but the draw rate of 10% on 15 and 35 cp weapons should really help. Just make sure you're doing the co ops as they give great gems and tickets. Endgame is pretty much LC hard and event ex stages. They're meant to be super challenging without the right resources etc. Although I feel chapter 11 is a huge difficulty spike and the 2nd floor in particular can be tough even on normal.

Thank you for this. I got impatient yesterday and was all around irritable so I pm'ed Adept and he told me something similar. I feel like I'm off to a good start with Eiko 35cp, King 35cp, and Cloud ex, with all of them 60/50/50, and full crystal level (cept Cloud). I wouldn't have gotten off to such a good start if not for Madvin.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
With Snow coming tomorrow.. I think I'll pull if it's a half off banner. Penelo's 35CP has been avoiding me forever and I have her 15CP MLB'd. I want Firion's 35CP so I can sell his 15CP as well and awaken him.

Snow himself.. well I won't be disappointed if I don't get anything for him lol

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I have a question for you all, I have Lilisette's 15CP MLB'd and am now debating on chasing her 35CP. I have roughly 20k gems and 0 tickets. How crucial is it for her to be viable with her 35CP? She seems like a dud without it. I have a EX Cloud with all his passives and other weapons MLB'd and all MLB'd Terra and Squall. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
It makes her better at what she already does. Noticeably better. If you luck out and get her 35cp, grats, she's a great support unit. Otherwise, 20K just feels like too few gems to chase a 35cp.

Got around to leveling Noctis and Rem:
xBj2Z3T.png

MLB'd Noctis, Cloud and a 35cp 0LB Rem. Swap+cures really made for a smooth run.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for all the responses, very insightful.

Tried last pull in Cloud banner, no success.

Will begin to save to Kuja, he's my favorite char.

BTW, Rem is pretty broken, I only have her 35CP MLB at moment, but I have both of her 15CP weapons, I'll try to MLB both weapons as well. Really recommend her as support, turn manipulation FTW!!!

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Madvin_a To use tsakiki 's term, I Have an accidental Rem with 15cp and 35cp weapons -- should I consider switching her in to the group in place of Eiko? I mean, I can think for myself lol but you've steered me well so far and I'm trying to make up for all the time I lost since January.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Rem, especially at 60/60 is brilliant.

Eiko's time is gone, her healing, despite lasting a massive 48 turns, heals for pittance and the buffs it provides are miniscule.

Her Smite is a poor BRV battery as well currently, since it's tied to how much damage she can deal. With enemy DEF values skyrocketing, she'll provide less and less over time.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I just got Rem's 35 cp off a ticket after three of them. Last night I got two Jecht 35 cp, Yuri 35 cp all off tickets. No Lilisette sadly and she's gone now. I hope it's not long before her 35 is featured again. Well, looks like i'm saving my greens for Rem as I already have her level 60 and Crystal 55.

Also the ticket pull was so bizarre. It just opened right away as a blue and showed her 35. Didnt change to silver or gold. I didn't ever see this happen.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Did two half off pulls since the winter banner is back.

Wanted off of Snow's banner: Firion 35CP or Penelo 35CP

got: two Snow 15CP's and an off banner Squall 15CP.

Wanted off the winter: King 35CP, Balthier 35 CP, Sazh 35CP (never MLB'd)

got one Sazh 15CP

at least it's not on the banners I really care about I guess

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Used a revive while carrying Snow in the last level, otherwise we need Bahamut ASAP for efficient summon bursting, this boss can be a brutal DPS check.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did the half off pull on Snow's banner and only got Penelo's 15CP. I'll just stick to the free pulls for the new banner.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of supports.. I'm starting to regret not pulling for some of them that heal (Yuna/Rem) because Bahamut is messing me up and Eiko heals too slow lol

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well with King and Rem, I have a Type-0 thing going on.

Rem has been a lot of fun so far, I know I'm a little late to the party on her, but it's fun with Cloud's ex to Cross Slash, and then "Ding" EX and switch turns and meteorain like it's nothing. Being able to swap in King or Cloud anytime I want makes for a lot of quick fights, they both 1-shot just about everything.

Also, I'm still learning how the mechanics work, but something about my Cloud now hits 21k with Summon going. That's ... something. He's only 60/55 at the moment. Having a lot of fun with the game, I'm not sure why, the content isn't necessarily original since it's repeated a lot, but the graphics are nice, and more importantly, there is something gratifying to the whole: whack - whack - EX <BOOM> (Overkill) thing.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Despite my terrible luck earlier with nothing but Rem 15cps, I went ahead and used my three free event login bonus tickets on Noct's banner.....and pulled his EX. I stared at it for a good 30 seconds lol. It's not going to help me much now because I only have one copy of his 15cp, one of his 35cp, and now one of his EX and exactly zero power stones to limit break any of them, but it's something to save for I suppose.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Bahamut and Vaan's WoI weapon in 15 mins, good luck if you're pulling.
Finally we're getting a pretty good summon too.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
117K gems saved up right now. Thinking about pulling on Noct but I want Terra ex and Allisae MLB. I have a feeling i'll regret missing out on Noct. Should I pull? Still haven't done chapter 11 hard mode or Snow hard LC yet.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Might wait to pull on next weeks banner because knowing my luck I'm going to get more Eiko rackets.

I still want Noctis' EX but I have no tickets :(

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, awful luck for me, took me 105 tickets.
Man my luck just isn't there anymore, I'm paying the price of that Cloud EX really hard with this and Noctis.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
14-tixs
Vanille 35cp
Steiner 15cp (power stone)
Vaan 35cp (power stone)
Vaan 15cp WOI

Feeling very lucky, but also feels like I'll end up paying for it chasing Terra EX.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
This banner is going to be a big no for me. I have all these characters and weapons maxed already with the exception of Vaan's 35cp and obv his WoI weapon. I might throw some tickets at it but don't want to risk the paltry gems I have saved on such bad odds. Maybe next week.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used a couple of tickets on the new banner and didn't get anything noteworthy. I'll do one pull on Allisae's banner and hope I get something good.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I haven't been keeping up since Smash Ultimate came out.

Does Vaan really want his WoI weapon?

I'm currently sitting on 120k+ gems but with no tickets and the IX casts' EX weapon + WoL's EX are my utmost priorities, so I'm wondering if I can afford to throw some gems at it.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
In reference to Keym 's question. On the list of things I need to learn about the game, one I haven't really researched yet is the Summons. Until I do and decide for myself, is there one you guys really recommend as a catch-all for now? I've been using Sylph pretty much since day 1. All my summons are level 7 or 8.