• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
In reference to Keym 's question. On the list of things I need to learn about the game, one I haven't really researched yet is the Summons. Until I do and decide for myself, is there one you guys really recommend as a catch-all for now? I've been using Sylph pretty much since day 1. All my summons are level 7 or 8.

Sylph/Chocobo for MP

Ifrit/Bahamut for general use

Everything else is niche

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Finished the bahamut trials and got it up to level 20.

Also finished Snow's LC with the score requirement.

Used all those tickets towards Noctis' and Vaan's WoI banner and only got one Vaan 15CP dupe :(

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Allisae plays exactly like red mage in FFXIV and she's one of my favourite FFXIV characters. Pulling for that alone and well of course Terra's EX. 117K gems saved up. Hope I can pull it within 5 pulls.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Will do only one 10+1 pull, after Noctis and Vaan banner awful luck, I will try theminim and don't overspend.
I still regret putting that much into Noctis.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
They are taunting me with Green hair Terra...... DAMN IT.

EDIT: LITERALLY 3 TICKETS IN WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! OKAY LEGIT WHAT THE fuck....... 3 TICKETS AND ..... I'M SHOCKED IN AWE RIGHT NOW. WHAT IS THIS LUCK? WHAT? OH MY GOD i AM .... HAVING NO WORDS RIGHT NOW. Like my reaction was literally what the fuck out of joy.

I GOT TERRA'S EX WITH A TICKET.... HUH!!!! I guess those ticket miracles really do happen. 0.5% rate what the hell I only had 13 tickets!!!!

image0.png

image1.png

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Lol congrats!!! That's really awesome. Enjoy :) It's nice to have that pressure off of getting an EX, and now being able to just sit back and enjoy it.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That EX is way too easy, I bet you could do it with a level 1 Alisaie.
Bahamut + double Terra meteor = RIP in pieces.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Against my better judgement... i went all in. Got one Alisae 15 cp which is kinda whatever... but managed to get Terra's 15 CP MLBd and multiple copies of her 35 CP and her EX. and a bunch of papalymo stuff.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
grats on pulls everyone!!!! Terra with green hair is unfortunately too expensive. If there is ever a discount I will probably buy it. It sucks since she's my 2nd favourite FF character but that money is steep. And I've been getting so lucky lately.... for reference I also Pulled 2B, 9S, and A2 all on the last day of the star ocean anamnesis banner 2 hours before the banner was ending. I dunno what it is with my luck but i'm happy with it now. I still remember getting screwed over by 55k gems for Yuna's 35 cp but that's all in the past now thanks to this.

Ticket miracles do happen. Hang onto them

look at this video

Calliope thanks so much. As my first EX I'm just really happy to get it quick like that. I was dreading a gem spending nightmare, tbh. Luckily now I can mlb Allisae rather easy and stop at around 5 pulls.

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
They are taunting me with Green hair Terra...... DAMN IT.

EDIT: LITERALLY 3 TICKETS IN WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! OKAY LEGIT WHAT THE fuck....... 3 TICKETS AND ..... I'M SHOCKED IN AWE RIGHT NOW. WHAT IS THIS LUCK? WHAT? OH MY GOD i AM .... HAVING NO WORDS RIGHT NOW. Like my reaction was literally what the fuck out of joy.

I GOT TERRA'S EX WITH A TICKET.... HUH!!!! I guess those ticket miracles really do happen. 0.5% rate what the hell I only had 13 tickets!!!!

ayy congrats.

not sure if I'll pull on this banner since I only really want Terra's EX. Have her fully MLB and Papaylmo almost fully MLB. Not really interested in Alisae either

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got nothing of too much value with my draws and tickets. Ah well, I know I'll get another EX weapon eventually. Congrats to everyone who got Terra's though!

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I already had Terra's 15 and 35 MLB'd...I spent 15k Gems to get her EX and legit got 6 more copies of her 35CP....WTF! I swear this game is rigged sometimes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell is the Organyx Terra's EX weapon? That thing sucked in FFVI. It should've been Lightbringer, Ragnarok or Ultima Weapon.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Chased after Tifa EX and failed. Wanted to have 2 EX people going at same time, but not today.

Is Terra with 35cp MLB better than King for my third person? I just know does big numbers as a support at times, but King so fast..

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Why the hell is the Organyx Terra's EX weapon? That thing sucked in FFVI. It should've been Lightbringer, Ragnarok or Ultima Weapon.

I mean it gives her desperation attack in VI, which sucked majorly in the game proper (and 95% of players would have never seen it due to the conditions in general), so I don't mind it's Organyx.

And holy hell, the JP players weren't kidding when they said her EX sucks really bad. It does less damage than Meteor and it's so slow to charge.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I mean it gives her desperation attack in VI, which sucked majorly in the game proper (and 95% of players would have never seen it due to the conditions in general), so I don't mind it's Organyx.

And holy hell, the JP players weren't kidding when they said her EX sucks really bad. It does less damage than Meteor and it's so slow to charge.

I dont think it's bad Per se Terra runs out of abilities fast and the EX seems like it will work in long fights. Either way, i'm sure it will get adjusted with the ex weapon upgrades in Japan next year. Plus, it gives max brv large buff for 5 turns which is enough for her to do more damage. Like, it seems very gimmicky but it will absolutely destroy in the right fights.

Also pulled Allisae's 35 on my first multi pull! The luck continues.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well, who is the top 5 dps right now? Who is the top 2 or so awakened characterfs?

Having Cloud with EX at 60/55 and Rem with 35cp at 60/55, makes me suddenly view King as my weak link! I want one more 60 Beastmode!

(it may end up being Terra)

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Noct is that good? doesn't seem like his EX does all that much. But of course I'm too new to know.

I'd love to learn what Vaan is all about since you talk about him Adept, but it sounds like running out of abilities is a problem.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Both Vaan and Terra have the same problem. They're mega burst then after that, they're dead weight.

Vaan does more damage than Terra but he burns out even faster than she does.

As for Noct, he's an all or nothing character. Absolute rubbish when only partially completed, but when 60/60 and MLB everything, he has extreme longevity, very high DPS, AoE brave shaving, controlled launches, tactical turn stealing and can self buff himself.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well toying with idea of Terra, but then you guys say the EX isn't that good. Maybe I should just stick with King. He's so fast and he one shots usually. Plus with reload, he rarely runs out of abilities. Decisions... glad I switched to Rem though, her and Cloud are destroying everything for me.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Well toying with idea of Terra, but then you guys say the EX isn't that good. Maybe I should just stick with King. He's so fast and he one shots usually. Plus with reload, he rarely runs out of abilities. Decisions... glad I switched to Rem though, her and Cloud are destroying everything for me.

Your focusing way too much on her EX. It's a stat stick at best, while nice to have, isn't needed for her to shine. Current content/kit (no EX), you just Madoyo your way to victory. Plus, further down the line, if you really wanted it, can buy it via a weapon token system they'll introduce.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well my noob thinking was, got Cloud's EX unplanned and WOW! Hitting for 23k and AE overkills is nice.

Then Terra already does big damage, and she gets a new EX, I'm thinking, her EX has to be awesome too.

Bah!

I also have a near complete Bartz, and 35 and 15cp weapons for Lilisette, and 35/15 cp weapons for Vaan, but I really don't know how to use all of them, hah.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
With only a 0.5% pull rate from a ticket and 5% chance from the +1 using 5000 gems, just think of EX weapons as a very nice bonus to have.

Some characters live and die by it, some do just fine without it.

Terra is one such character who doesn't need it to function.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Ok, well last post on all this, but I have to wonder, how are they making money on this game? I compare it to the only other Gacha I know... and there things like Terra's costume would have cost like 9.99, and a "pull" there is cheaper than buying the gems for a pull on this game. As the comment was made here like a week ago, gems are expensive in this game. It seems to encourage F2P.

Also, when they are giving you 5* armors with exchange, and soon a weapon system, geez. Why not stay F2P? I guess that's good for me though, I dropped too much money in FFRK as it is.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
EX Chasing, costumes (it's fucking $57AUD to turn Terra's hair green in this game) and the mega hard difficulty of EX fights and mission requirements encourage heavy spending.

Haven't spent a cent. I've purposefully left some fights to rot in hell because of how hard they are. Considering how quickly characters drop in and out of use of this game, you need to pull a lot to stay on top of the meta.

Just look at Sephiroth. Well loved character. People pulled like crazy to make him perform to the best of his ability. 3-4 weeks pass, he's useless and not a single peep on him being used in endgame content.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Terra's ex skill is extremely beneficial for when she runs out of abilities. It gets stronger when she takes hp damage so she could potentially change the tide of battle once she runs out of meteor and meltdown uses. It's not always about damage, imo.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
In before her upgraded EX is OP, in the Japanese version players will soon be able to upgrade EX weapons/skills further so we will see how it'll turn out.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Pulled on the Alisaie banner. Got nothing but bronzes.......and an off banner Rem 15cp. My fifth in the last two weeks. How is that even possible? What on earth are the odds? I'm not even mad, I'm lost in amazement.

Second pull was better, but not by much. Pulled both Terra's 15 and 35, and a copy of Alisaie's 15. Terra's weapons are already maxed but I need the power stones though so all in all there's something gained.

Not gonna sweat Terra's EX too much. I have both Noct's and Cloud's EX but haven't been able to max either due to severe power stone shortage so I wouldn't be able to do much with Terra's anyway. Would be super nice to have for the extra CP and crutch ability move after she's exhausted though.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Did a few more ticket pulls last night.

Got an off banner King 15CP, off banner Edge 15CP, Vanille's 15Cp & Alisaie's 35CP but I have no plans on actually using her lol.

Her EX was super easy. Almost fully completed it with her in my team with her 15CP and at like level 45.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't resist and did one more pull for Terra, gladly got her 35CP. I wanted to get Alisaie 35CP, but I need to save for other characters I like more.

I MLB Terra's 35CP, but now I don't have power stones to max her ex... lol I'll have to wait 3 weeks to max it... :cries:

And wow, I was farming artifacts to get good passives and now I don't have gold anymore, it's really that expensive? I create 3 gold artifacts then I use them with one silver artifact, I thought this was the best method. There's another way to spend less gold?

Anyway Tomorrow I'll have to farm gold in Gold Cactuars urgently!!!

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Meanwhile I'm sitting here at max gil and sad I can't claim the daily 1k gil reward.

You should be swimming in daily keys, just run sundaily a few times and you'll be golden.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Allisae is an amazing and fun character. I have almost fully awakened her and will mlb her for sure.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I have her 15 and 35, but I've only messed around with her to level 25 -- any particular thing she does?

Well, you're going to have to awaken her to get her full potential. She's really pretty fun to play and a great dps (imo) but you need to do a set rotation like red mage if you ever played FFXIV. It's fun though! She has a lot of buffs and imo might be worth investing in her for the future. I dont think she will be top dps until her 70 and EX though so might be worth waiting on those red shards if you dont like the character. I just play favourites for the most part.

Also, had the craziest luck Tonight. I ticket pulled about 10 times on the Allisae banner.... I got 4 gold in a row and then a few tickets later..... ANOTHER TERRA EX WEAPON... yup imagine that. Tried the penelo banner a few mins later.... 3X snow 15 cp and 1x Firion 35 cp. All this in 30 tickets

That's.... 9 5 stars and another ex in 30 tickets. Like holy shite not even multipulls.

I think that's the luckiest I have been with 5 stars. I feel like ticket rates for 5 stars are so good.... so def will be saving those.

Allisae EX fight is too easy. cleared it first try... y'all weren't kidding.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked a friend Noctis with EX that has neither his 15 or 35 CP, plz
There is also 2 banners with free daily pull now

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
All EX fights should be like this. Nice and fun with a slight difficulty and hard to reach extra missions for those without MLB characters.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how Bahamut makes everything easier, this EX was a cakewalk carrying a level 50/c25 Krile.
Just swape Krile for Terra her first turn, summon Bahamut and meteor away with double Terra, one of the bosses will die making the rest of the fight much simpler. Had to redo the fight with my main team for the 500 gems score requirement though, missed by less than 1000 points.

Edit : Squall awakening in 3 days, woohoo!
Others are Ace / Zidane / Onion Knight / Hope / Lightning (Serah was on JP one but not here, 2 EX incoming)

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Went against my better judgement and pulled on the Week 2 Bahamut WoI banner because I still wanted Laguna's 35CP.

Didn't get it but got another Lila's Edge.

While I'm excited for the new awakenings, I still don't have Squall or Zidane's 35CP and I heard that Lightning's is a bit underwhelming :/. Might just have to save the shards on this one.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got Laguna's new weapon through some tickets. I was really hoping for one of the 35CP's but ah well, I'll take it.

Can't wait to awaken Squall.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
So excited for more awakenings, mostly just to get more high shards. I didn't manage my first two rounds of awakenings very well...... Yuna is stuck at 53 crystal level since I initially invested in WoL and, embarrassingly, Thancred instead.

For this one, I'd rather give some of the black high shards to Noct instead of Squall but my Squall is 15 and 35 MLB whereas Noct is a long way from that so I'll reign in the urge and fully awaken Squall instead. Hope is out because of my white high shard issue so Lightning is the one I'm probably most looking forward to otherwise.