• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Free/easy shards are the best shards!

Cleared Krile LC, was easier then expected. Tossed some tickets at the WoI banner and got Laguna's WoI and Vaan 35cp (Powerstone). Really looking forward to the Squall's awakening.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Anyone have any tips for Snow's LC final hard mode battle? I'm really struggling with hitting the high scores. I've cleared the fight, using Snow, Terra, and Cloud, but I just can't get anywhere near the high scores.

I've seen a few strats using Yuna but I mucked up her awakening (53/60 max) so she probably won't help much here. I've also seen Vaan used but I don't have his 35cp. :(

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent a few more tickets on the WoI banner and got Vaan's WoI weapon. Again, I was really hoping for one of the 35CP's but I'll take it.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping the upcoming EX's are for characters I don't care for because I don't want to feel impulsed to pull hard with Selphie/Cait Sith around the corner.

I have like no good current supports except for an outdated Eiko so those banners are a must pull for me.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the upcoming EX's are for characters I don't care for because I don't want to feel impulsed to pull hard with Selphie/Cait Sith around the corner.

I have like no good current supports except for an outdated Eiko so those banners are a must pull for me.
100% chances one of them is Vaan, his costume is in the data already. Will try 15k gems and if I don't get it, I'll wait for the anniversary banners where the EXs will most probably come back.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any tips for Snow's LC final hard mode battle? I'm really struggling with hitting the high scores. I've cleared the fight, using Snow, Terra, and Cloud, but I just can't get anywhere near the high scores.

I went with Terra/Rem/Cloud/friend Terra. Forget whether I used Ifirit or Shiva though. A brave battery is great for this fight, specially Rem with her turn swapping. Swapped out Rem for friend Terra before popping summon. Meteor spam (Meltdown if needed) during summon. Meltdown+Brave battery outside of summon/turtle is shelled. Meteor to shave brave. Cloud..does cloud stuff (such as launching if Rem is near BRV cap) + EX on cooldown (unless near BRV cap). Mostly, have to put out a ton of damage before the turtles BRV+HP attack.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Out of all the single draws for the winter event I've only gotten one 5 star (Balthier 15 cp).

I've seen a few strats using Yuna but I mucked up her awakening (53/60 max) so she probably won't help much here. I've also seen Vaan used but I don't have his 35cp. :(

If you already used Snow and cleared then you can remove him for someone else you have geared. I used Yuna/Y'shtola/Terra with a Noctis friend. I have to admit Riot blade really helped me out here when Terra was out of abilities but IMO it is not needed. Save your abilities for the last fight if possible and then choose a big summon like Bahamut and go crazy with Terra, call in the Noctis friend, and maybe time some finishing touches with Cloud. Just never summon when the Turtle is in his shell as it will nerf the damage output. If your Snow is geared then he can keep the turtle at bay with Steelguard for sure. You're going to really need a healer for the turtle's AOE damage for the score. Do you have Rem geared? She's a huge help. If all else fails... you can cheese it with two cloud paralyzing the boss.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I went with Terra/Rem/Cloud/friend Terra. Forget whether I used Ifirit or Shiva though. A brave battery is great for this fight, specially Rem with her turn swapping. Swapped out Rem for friend Terra before popping summon. Meteor spam (Meltdown if needed) during summon. Meltdown+Brave battery outside of summon/turtle is shelled. Meteor to shave brave. Cloud..does cloud stuff (such as launching if Rem is near BRV cap) + EX on cooldown (unless near BRV cap). Mostly, have to put out a ton of damage before the turtles BRV+HP attack.

Out of all the single draws for the winter event I've only gotten one 5 star (Balthier 15 cp).
If you already used Snow and cleared then you can remove him for someone else you have geared. I used Yuna/Y'shtola/Terra with a Noctis friend. I have to admit Riot blade really helped me out here when Terra was out of abilities but IMO it is not needed. Save your abilities for the last fight if possible and then choose a big summon like Bahamut and go crazy with Terra, call in the Noctis friend, and maybe time some finishing touches with Cloud. Just never summon when the Turtle is in his shell as it will nerf the damage output. If your Snow is geared then he can keep the turtle at bay with Steelguard for sure. You're going to really need a healer for the turtle's AOE damage for the score. Do you have Rem geared? She's a huge help. If all else fails... you can cheese it with two cloud paralyzing the boss.
Thanks both. I tried both strats, plus some I found on reddit and youtube, and I just can't beat this thing. I don't have a strong enough support at the moment to recover from the first AOE attack and I also don't seem to have quite enough DPS to kill the turtle before it uses a second. I whip every time with 10-20% of the turtles health left. By that point, my team's abilities are exhausted and we sit there like lame-os until he's done.

This is the first fight that's given me this much trouble (aside from the obv ones like Lenna's EX) and I hate to admit defeat but I'm gonna pull my hair out if I try one more time. I know I could have beat this easily if I had enough white shards to max Yuna. She's got great gear and passives but she's stuck at 53/60. I also gave Rem a try with her 35cp, no 15cp passive but I don't have any 5* armors for her so she's lacking a lot of passives. It's super annoying that I don't have enough CP left to equip her 15 passive considering how many copies I've drawn of that thing in the last month lol. Soooo frustrating all in all. Definitely going to budget better with the next awakenings.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Some amazing update we got there, props to the Global team giving that so early.
Crystals max limit at 9999 (expect High Shards) / Link Bells refreshing every 2 hours / Using Bells as Guest for more rewards / Orbs available at DP shop / Chocobo feathers (exp items) / 6 buffs/debuffs limit and even Ashe got her buffs!

EDIT : completing the cycles quest with only 3 Renzokuken is amazing, he's only level 51 and I love him already <3

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Whew this update.

I have to wait until the banner drops to see which character I will invest in getting them to 60. I'd like to use Zidane/Squall but I don't have either of their 35CP's.

Also, I fully MLB'd Vaan because I was mostly bored (and assumed his 35CP wouldn't appear on another banner) I hope I get his EX because uses way too much CP lol

Oh yea might fully MLB Lightning just because she carried me through so much early content lol

Edit: 500 gems for under $2 is back on sale. Only time it's worth buying gems imo lol

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I'm too new to really be as grateful as I probably should be with all the changes. But some of the stuff is pretty cool!

One ask, but don't see it as a complaint, is that a "accept all" button for daily quests awards would be nice. Especially now that we get 10 a day and I usually just collect all at once.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Tidus and Cecil's EX are coming for this batch.. I really like Tidus but it may not be necessary.

If Vaan's EX is on Ashe's LC banner I'll be mad because I just fully MLB'd him lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
All of these updates are amazing. This game gets better and better every few months! I dont think I will be pulling on these ex weapons though. I want Lighting's 35 cp though so ima chase that. Good luck to anyone who wants the new ex weapons!!!

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Kouriozan when I saw your username in the party I thought "huh..wait a minute isn't that..?!!!!" and then I quickly spammed Rinoa emote lol

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent twenty tickets (10 on each new banner) and got Zidane and Ace's 35CP's. For twenty tickets, not bad.

I'm going all in on Selphie's banner, hopefully get her weapons and (maybe...hopefully) Squall's EX, or at least his 35CP.

I also finally got Cloud to 60 crystal level. I'll work on Squall, Rem, and Yuna next.

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Did one pull and only got two 15CP's on the Tidus EX banner.

I think I'll hold off until Selphie as well. Tidus' EX doesn't seem too game changing.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I am really into this game right now. I've mentioned before that I'm having fun, but I'm just surprised how much I'm enjoy it. Maybe when I run out of Story content and I'm in "maintenance mode" sorta speak the fun will die down. I want to support the game with money, but I haven't had any real pressing push/desire to. Gems cost too much, and I am not usually one to ever buy cosmetic things in ANY type of game, but the Terra package is pretty cool I have to admit. But that's worth 9.99 at best to me. Bah!

On a more useful note, I'm up to rank 180something now. I'm not specifically working on it, but anytime I use up stamina or farm cycle quests, I've been subbing in my lowest level into one of my 3 slots, so I have a bunch of my (currently 66) allies that are in their mid level 20's.

So my two questions:

1. What rank are most of you guys?
2. What is currently max rank/stamina?

Edit: Madvin_a - I think maybe I will feel better if I confess my sins, I just built up aNOTHER 5k of gems only to lose it going for Terra EX. I know I know. It's not a big deal, but I sure could use the CP on her, plus then I would feel as though I was "complete" until I decided I needed my Support/Healer/Battery to have an EX also and replace Rem. Ah Well, I'm learning!

I need to go try that Alisaie EX again. I got pretty close a week ago, but I haven't beat it yet. This is probably the best chance I have at beating one right now until I get better at the game I suppose. I still don't have the best usage of turns I'm pretty sure.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
2. What is currently max rank/stamina?
Max Rank is now 414 and stamina caps at 200. I'm a Day 1 player, and Rank 408 at the moment. All my characters except for the 6 unlocked yesterday are at their max level, and everyone's at least Crystal STR 50. I broke the level cap for everyone who can, and invested additional high shards into:
  • Terra (60/60, EX, full MLB)
  • Cloud (60/59, EX, full MLB)
  • Tidus (60/58, EX LB0, 35/15cp MLB)
  • Vaan (60/60, full MLB)
  • Rem (60/60, 35cp LB2, 15cp MLB)
  • Yuna (60/60, 35cp LB0, 15cp MLB).

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Max Rank is now 414 and stamina caps at 200. I'm a Day 1 player, and Rank 408 at the moment. All my characters except for the 6 unlocked yesterday are at their max level, and everyone's at least Crystal STR 50. I broke the level cap for everyone who can, and invested additional high shards into:
  • Terra (60/60, EX, full MLB)
  • Cloud (60/59, EX, full MLB)
  • Tidus (60/58, EX LB0, 35/15cp MLB)
  • Vaan (60/60, full MLB)
  • Rem (60/60, 35cp LB2, 15cp MLB)
  • Yuna (60/60, 35cp LB0, 15cp MLB).

Wow! You play this much more hardcore than you do FFRK it looks like? I had no idea rank was so high. Wow. Ok, thank you for the reply.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
Wow! You play this much more hardcore than you do FFRK it looks like? I had no idea rank was so high. Wow. Ok, thank you for the reply.
Lately, yeah, this has been keeping my attention better than FFRK. I'm really doing the bare minimum in FFRK these days (dailies and time-limited events). Some days I even have wasted stamina, which was something I used to hate doing. I'm completely F2P in this game, but have been really lucky on my draws at times. I also have never done a multiplayer co-op, and it wasn't until a couple weeks ago that I realized I could do co-ops solo, so I missed out on a lot of rewards over the year (one reason my blue crystal boys aren't at crystal strength 60, though with all the goodies with the co-op challenge, I may now have enough).

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well I just tried the EX, Ya I'm going to have to really learn this game better before I'm at that level of play. I got the guy to half life. I suppose I just need to learn the resistances etc, where as up until now, I just destroy everything.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The hardest fight of both new EX is the second wave, at least that's how I felt it. Of course that's when Squall's extended skills shine.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
I am really into this game right now. I've mentioned before that I'm having fun, but I'm just surprised how much I'm enjoy it. Maybe when I run out of Story content and I'm in "maintenance mode" sorta speak the fun will die down. I want to support the game with money, but I haven't had any real pressing push/desire to. Gems cost too much, and I am not usually one to ever buy cosmetic things in ANY type of game, but the Terra package is pretty cool I have to admit. But that's worth 9.99 at best to me. Bah!

Skins are for fans/super fans, heh. Would buy for a favorite character at most. Tried to resist buying it..but ultimately went in. No regret though, heh. Luckily, would be the only skin I'd ever buy for this game. Some DFFOO players buy Kupo Cards when they show up. "Cheap" way to support the game if your so inclined.

409. Tend to like having my characters at their level caps. Gems are a nice bonus too!

Edit: @Madvin_a - I think maybe I will feel better if I confess my sins, I just built up aNOTHER 5k of gems only to lose it going for Terra EX. I know I know. It's not a big deal, but I sure could use the CP on her, plus then I would feel as though I was "complete" until I decided I needed my Support/Healer/Battery to have an EX also and replace Rem. Ah Well, I'm learning!

Haha. Shoulda stayed strong and hoarded. The next couple of banners (Selphie!) are really good. Also..the first anniversary is quickly approaching...

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
So Madvin_a (and tsakiki ) is that I should go on a mad leveling spree to get up to Rank 400 and something and hoard all those gems for Selphie, haha.

Edit: That was suppose to read "So what you're telling me is, is that"

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I've used all the tickets from the new Co-Op's and the lvl 90/lvl 100 and still haven't a single item I wanted in either banner.

I really want Zidane's 35CP since it probably won't come back with his EX. I can wait until Selphie's banner to finally try get Squall's 35CP/EX.

RNGesus shine on me one time please

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Seems like the recent banners have not been too generous. :/

Scrapped together enough for three draws off Tidus' banner (I have a soft spot for the guy). And all I have to show for it was one copy of Hope's 35cp. Everything else was stuff for Lightning that I already had. Yeesh that was bad.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I cracked and pulled on the Dark Cecil EX banner. Got 4 golds in that pull, 2 being off banner and then another Ace 15CP and Squall's 35CP. Wanted Zidane's but I'll take it. Won't bother MLB'ing him since he's on next weeks banner.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to MLB Squall now since his 35CP is only 1LB, but with Selphie in 5 days that would be a waste.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Decided to toss a few tickets from the co-op on Tidus, and pulled his EX on the fifth ticket, sweeeeet. That gives me EXs for my three fav boys. I also finally have enough power stones to start upgrading them now too (all those Rem 15cps came in handy!)

Tickets have been much luckier for me when it comes to EXs than multi draws. Don't know if there's something to the odds there but it's weird how quickly I pulled both Noct and Tidus' EX just off a few tickets.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Decided to toss a few tickets from the co-op on Tidus, and pulled his EX on the fifth ticket, sweeeeet. That gives me EXs for my three fav boys. I also finally have enough power stones to start upgrading them now too (all those Rem 15cps came in handy!)

Tickets have been much luckier for me when it comes to EXs than multi draws. Don't know if there's something to the odds there but it's weird how quickly I pulled both Noct and Tidus' EX just off a few tickets.

Since I pulled two Terra EX with tickets, i'm starting to agree. But in reality it's just really dirty luck. Someone did the math and on average it should take like 200 tickets to get an ex without landing on the 0.5% chance. Congratulations though, you're really lucky!!!

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent about 15 more tickets on Tidus' banner and got one more Lightning 35CP, Onion Knight's 35CP, and Tidus' EX! The second EX I've gotten from a ticket now, I couldn't be more happier. :)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
My luck has been pretty terrible lately, I didn't even get a 5* yet from the free pull, in addition to my last 5k pull being a single 15CP. Hopefully the game is just reserving it for the next banner, haha.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Okay so.... while searching for Lightning's 35CP..... I got Tidus's ex within 10 tickets. I wasn't even going for it but wow.

Judging from the video above..... It seems really damn good o.o wow.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Okay so.... while searching for Lightning's 35CP..... I got Tidus's ex within 10 tickets. I wasn't even going for it but wow.

Judging from the video above..... It seems really damn good o.o wow.
Nice!! Congrats, another ticket EX, I'm telling ya, there's gotta be something to it lol.

The synergy really helps in the solo video. As I understand it, his EX'll get outclassed by other EXs later so might not be worth chasing for those that don't have it yet but it definitely keeps him viable for the time being on top of being fun to play.

Last edited: