• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't chase Tidus EX unless it's because you want it. Terra is definitley more of a priority and Squalls upcoming EX.

I'm currently grinding out Lost Chapters so that I can get some extra gems and tokens in preparation of Selphie banner. I always love the amount of gems available lol

I'm sure everyone going hard on the banner will get Squall EX

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at least hoping for Selphie's weapons and Squall's 35cp. I'm not too worried about getting his EX, but if I do get it then it'll definitely be a nice bonus.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at least hoping for Selphie's weapons and Squall's 35cp. I'm not too worried about getting his EX, but if I do get it then it'll definitely be a nice bonus.
If you're mostly looking for his 35cp and Selphie's then I'm sure you will pull it easily. I'm hoping my first 3 multi pulls get me everything new on the banner and then if I can decide if I want to pull dupes or just use up my power stones.

I wish the banner released tomorrow and not on Christmas but whatever I'll still be playing and pulling.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
When you keep the silver medals for orbs and crystal for the next event, I think I'll stop there...
Also this is what I settled on my Squall after 1000+ artifacts, we need Eidojas already!

d2cf2782-14e3-4488-857me2x.png

0a611041-80f1-4113-a6vref6.png

(That 5CP one was almost perfect!)
I just need to MLB his 35CP now, getting his EX would be a nice bonus.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
One other super nice bonus to Tidus' EX....the animation is super short. The metric by which I now judge all EXs lol.

So for Selphie coming up, what I'm gathering is that she's something of a 'must have', along with Cait Sith. Does anyone know if she's Sazh levels of must have, or more just 'nice to have'? Because to be honest, I'd rather save for other banners and I'm really loving my team as they are now but yet don't want to miss out on someone that can help carry me through the next good while (boring as that sounds).

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
One other super nice bonus to Tidus' EX....the animation is super short. The metric by which I now judge all EXs lol.

So for Selphie coming up, what I'm gathering is that she's something of a 'must have', along with Cait Sith. Does anyone know if she's Sazh levels of must have, or more just 'nice to have'? Because to be honest, I'd rather save for other banners and I'm really loving my team as they are now but yet don't want to miss out on someone that can help carry me though the next good while (boring as that sounds).
She's a defensive buffer, Wall reduce BRV damage by 30% (and give the amount to Selphie) + 100% iBRV buff + increase debuff resist like Lenna and Drain heal or give bravery if you're at max HP to the whole team.
Cait Sith, on the other hand, is a offensive buffer, he does a lot of damage and increase ATK/mBRV with BRV/HP regen

I don't know if she's must have but she'll be useful for a long time.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Thanks. Wow, she does a heck of a lot. The healing overflow into team bravery is a nice thing. I'll at least set aside the tickets from her co-op and probably one multi-draw then and hope for the best. I'm at the absolute bottom of the barrel with gems I can scrounge up so don't want to risk much more than that.

Cait Sith I'll definitely pull for but there should be enough time to build back a horde.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did the half pull on the new banner since I don't have any of the available weapons and have more than enough gems, and (thankfully) got Edge and Warrior of Light's 35cp's. No more spending until Selphie.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Two 35cps, nice! Congrats!! WoL's 35cp (along with Firion's and Vaan's) has eluded me for ages now so I am tempted to draw on that half off banner but I know I'll walk away with something like an off-banner Laguna 15cp or something so I'm going to resist.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
So between all the FF console/mobile games that you keep an eye on, do you have a list somewhere helping to ensure that nothing FF8 slips by you? lol.
I follow all the Twitter accounts and whenever a new mobile game or crossover is announced I keep up with the JP versions so that I can prepare for Global releases. :P

The only exception is Mobius in which I started playing the VIII event but also preparing in Global.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I follow all the Twitter accounts and whenever a new mobile game or crossover is announced I keep up with the JP versions so that I can prepare for Global releases. :P

The only exception is Mobius in which I started playing the VIII event but also preparing in Global.

Well I just noticed that nothing gets pass you. I honestly think I could go make a thread in OT about "Girl dressed as Rinoa, rages in Gamestop, is arrested" and you'd be like first page poster!

(not that this is bad mind you)

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I have no hope (or tickets) going into these pulls tonight but good luck to everyone pulling tonight for Selphie/Squall's EX.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Here we go 5 minutes until the banner starts!

Good luck to everyone pulling!
Well I just noticed that nothing gets pass you. I honestly think I could go make a thread in OT about "Girl dressed as Rinoa, rages in Gamestop, is arrested" and you'd be like first page poster!

(not that this is bad mind you)
Lets be real I would be the person getting arrested lol

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got Selphie's 35CP in the first pull. Pulled two more times but no Squall EX :/, think I should continue to save now or use some tickets from the events.

I'm never going to get another EX again am I? or I guess when that shop opens like next year

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
25k gems for the first Selphie 35CP that hurts, then I tried 45 tickets for EX and no luck.
Got tons of Thancred 15 though, thanks desire sensor.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
50 tickets and 3 pulls was enough to MLB Squall and Selphie's 15CP's, as well as get one 35CP for both (which was my main hope going into this banner).

No EX, but I'm very happy with what I got.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
100 tickets used and managed to hit my target (full MLB 15 and 35 Selphies stuff since I don't have many power stones)

Even if I did pull Squalls EX, I only have one copy of his 15CP, so he'd be useless.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
36 Tickets - Selphie 15cp
Easily one of my worst ticket streaks.

1st 5k Pull - Selphie 35cp
OK...that's better, more then enough Powerstones to MLB her...let's go for another for fun:

2nd Pull:

and that was well worth it. Waiting on Cait Sith and..maybe Vaan EX now.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well I got everything but Squalls EX with 8k gems to spare. I don't think I'm going to chase. Maybe save for Cait Sith.

Gratz to all who got what they wanted!!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Got Selphie's 35cp off my one and only multipull for this banner so I'm quite pleased with that. Also used about ~25 tickets prior and grabbed another copy of her 15cp, one copy of Thancred's 15cp, and two copies of his 35cp, which was a nice ticket streak all in all.

Everything else will be saved for Vaan EX and Cait Sith.

As for the event, I did get a kick out of the booyaka cutscene. It would be Lightning of all people who isn't in on the 'code' lol. Also screamed a little at Cloud and Aerith off on their own oblivious to the others' nonsense.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like EX stage start to have insane score requirements, for people worried Global wouldn't have launch meta, well there you go.
Got 174k first run and I thought that was enough, silly me. Changed Cloud for Vaan second time and got 200k+.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Overall I spent 25K gems on the Selphie banner and roughly around 30 tickets. Got every weapon except the EX. If I knew I wouldn't have gotten it I probably would've quit after the first pull.

I still wanted Zidane's 35CP so I did one pull on that banner and got two Squall 35CP's and Zidane's 35CP so not all hope is lost. I still have a good amount of gems going into future banners.

I just want a new EX ;_;

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Vaan EX appear on Ashe's banner in 3 days, I might skip it since I already have Ashe/Vaan MLB.
It's not like I'm getting his EX in a few tickets, might just try a bit but with my current luck I'd take a miracle.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
232k is my highest right now for Selphie EX. I'm blown away how amazing her Wall is + Squall being so ridiculously powerful. I went back and did the Dawn and Dusk stages with just those two and easily went over 100k score.

The other still surprising thing for me is Squall's SeeD outfit releasing so early. It released with Rinoa in August so when I saw the bundle I thought they might have given us his original outfit which I would have loved considering I hate Dissidia Squall. Ah well still l love SeeD outfit so quick change for me.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Just started to try this out a week or so back. In chapter 7, pulled a bunch on Terra and Allisaie and got the 15cp and 35cp for both. Pulled twice and got Selphie's 15cp + 35cp. Still trying to figure this game out. lol

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Just started to try this out a week or so back. In chapter 7, pulled a bunch on Terra and Allisaie and got the 15cp and 35cp for both. Pulled twice and got Selphie's 15cp + 35cp. Still trying to figure this game out. lol

Battle system is FFX x Dissidia.

Pull for favourites.

Don't get attached to characters. They have a very short meta lifespan.

Pull for favourites.

GL is the wild west and Squeenix likes to fuck the meta up big time. Follow the JP timeline/metas very loosely.

There's a fuckload of farming in this game.

Pull for favourites.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
232k is my highest right now for Selphie EX. I'm blown away how amazing her Wall is + Squall being so ridiculously powerful. I went back and did the Dawn and Dusk stages with just those two and easily went over 100k score.

The other still surprising thing for me is Squall's SeeD outfit releasing so early. It released with Rinoa in August so when I saw the bundle I thought they might have given us his original outfit which I would have loved considering I hate Dissidia Squall. Ah well still l love SeeD outfit so quick change for me.

You're scaring me with those scores.... maybe enough to pull XD

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Don't think it's possible to get 180k without Squall for EX stage.

Tried with Noct, Terra and Selphie for an abysmal 130k and I was spamming abilities in all stages.

Squalls AoE Renzo is just too turn efficient.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Battle system is FFX x Dissidia.

Pull for favourites.

Don't get attached to characters. They have a very short meta lifespan.

Pull for favourites.

GL is the wild west and Squeenix likes to fuck the meta up big time. Follow the JP timeline/metas very loosely.

There's a fuckload of farming in this game.

Pull for favourites.

Adept, 2 questions.

How should we decide our pulling?

And when is Genesis coming?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Adept, 2 questions.

How should we decide our pulling?

And when is Genesis coming?

Basically characters at this point of the game are only usable if you have their 15CP MLBd and also have their 35CP at a bare minimum.

So you need to be prepared to go hard on a banner with lots of resources to achieve this.

Keep in mind, this is generally just for a clear of some endgame stages. A full complete and also being able to do the hardest content requires full MLB or the most meta of meta at the time if you want full rewards.

As for which characters, a mix of both characters you like as well as who is upcoming meta should allow you to at least clear stuff.

Currently it's Squall and Selphie that's all the rage with Cait Sith as the upcoming meta.

As for Genesis, no clear release on the horizon.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Selphie's EX on my first try with max score requirements.

Used the rest of the tickets towards the banner in hopes to get Squall's EX

not even close.

time to try for Zidane's :(

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Just did a co-op with someone who had Squall's SEED costume and it's such a massive improvement over his Dissidia garb. Doesn't fix his stringy hair though.

Hopefully Vaan's costume releases with the Ashe banner. I'll probably pick that up with a gift card I got for Christmas. I don't yet have his 35cp and didn't MLB Ashe so going to go all in for him. Penelo daggers have a habit of haunting me much like Rem's 15cp so I'll be offering up copious prayers to RNG.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
lol I was joking, based on his advice to Jarek, but there is always golden nuggets of wisdom I can get out of the replies.

As for Genesis, ya I read up on the Gackt thing, but one can hope.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Just did a co-op with someone who had Squall's SEED costume and it's such a massive improvement over his Dissidia garb. Doesn't fix his stringy hair though.

Hopefully Vaan's costume releases with the Ashe banner. I'll probably pick that up with a gift card I got for Christmas. I don't yet have his 35cp and didn't MLB Ashe so going to go all in for him. Penelo daggers have a habit of haunting me much like Rem's 15cp so I'll be offering up copious prayers to RNG.

Yeah it's so much better i bought it immediately though I was always going to. The dissidia design is just painfully ugly and it really shows when you compare it side by side to his original outfit. I think SE has trouble with Squalls hair in a lot of things because in Mobius they also weren't able to recreate his hair. The only time I have ever seen them do it properly was the ps2 tech demo but otherwise what the art shows never really translate into newer stuff.

Basically characters at this point of the game are only usable if you have their 15CP MLBd and also have their 35CP at a bare minimum.

So you need to be prepared to go hard on a banner with lots of resources to achieve this.

Keep in mind, this is generally just for a clear of some endgame stages. A full complete and also being able to do the hardest content requires full MLB or the most meta of meta at the time if you want full rewards.

As for which characters, a mix of both characters you like as well as who is upcoming meta should allow you to at least clear stuff.

Currently it's Squall and Selphie that's all the rage with Cait Sith as the upcoming meta.

As for Genesis, no clear release on the horizon.
Lenna and Quistis are also going to be future game changing characters when their EX's release + I believe Rinoa is quite a powerhouse with her EX.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yeah Quistis is low key ultimate cheese that has a kit which is basically immune to power creep.

She's like Setzer in that regard.

And Rinoa becomes the ultimate nuke. Lowest HP in the game IIRC, so you need to be very careful using her or she gets one shot.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Secretly hoping Vaan EX won't be on tonight's banner, I need more gems/tickets.
Edit : and no EX, phew!

Last edited: