• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did two pulls in the hopes of Vaan or Ashe's 35CP's...which I didn't get. I did get Penelo's though.

I'll probably save for Cait Sith now.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
That weird feeling/situation when you get a new (to me) character in Ashe, only to find out that you have 3 Artifact passives (to include ** one) waiting for her.

I'll be glad when I have all the characters that I've missed.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Happy New Year! We're getting closer and closer to my favorite release and I'll finally stop hoarding as much after that, haha.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I got Penelo's 35 cp on the half off first pull! Now I can finally sell her mlb 15. Ashe is finally awakened too... Now I can use my dream ff team of Yuna/Terra/Ashe!

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well for me, my focus and problems, are much simpler. Thanks to this winter festival and trading in tokens for equipment mats, I have almost finally got my supply of weapons all to max level. Only a few cp15's left. Then I'll focus on the Armor which isn't nearly as big of a supply. The good thing about this, is once I catch it all up, it'll be pretty easy to maintain.

My free pull was just a 1/11 - Cloud Organyx which was already mlb'ed and sold. So sold this one immediately too. At least in this game a "dupe" still has a purpose in the usage of Break Stones. Rank 226 now. Hitting 400 like some of you folks seems months away. Maybe Summer time.

Oh, it donned on me today that the answer is probably no, but can you get High Shards from the cycle quests? I finally finished Cloud to 60/60 today thanks to the free High Shards we just got.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
8pNgew7l.png

If I don't get 6 good oranges for Zidane with all these tokens, I'm going to be mighty pissed

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
1 multi pull..... because I dont have Lightning's 35 cp.... and I got another Tidus EX and then the Lightning 35 cp I needed. What the heck....

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Tossed about 20 tickets at Selphie's banner to hopefully MLB either of her weapons, and made out with Squall's EX instead. It honestly doesn't seem like it's that good or even necessary for him so I probably won't prioritize MLB'ing it. Also tried some more tickets and one multi-pull on Ashe's banner and got Vaan's 35cp again, twice lol. It's maxed now but that'll make pulling for his eventual EX kind of frustrating because of the higher chance of dups.

All in all, this co-op event feels really generous. it seems like every time I've logged on for co-op I've walked away with more rewards. They just keep coming.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Next events are :

Gilgamesh + Bartz EX in 3 days
Awakening wave 4 in 6 days (Edgar / Laguna / Ramza / Prishe / Vivi / Serah) + Zidane and Y'shtola EX
Relm + Edgar EX in 17 days
Interlude with Cait Sith banner + WoL EX January 9th or 30th
Aerith / Lion / Cater LC sometime before the end of February (no dates for them)

Source

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to say that at the end of this month, it's Global's 1st anniversary.
I give up on these EX' :(
Yeah we're getting closer and closer to Golbez so I won't try my luck at those EX anymore.
To be fair, I'm looking after Cait Sith and after that I don't know, I'm already ready with Layle in case launch meta will come, even for a very short while. We will have the answer with Gilgamesh EX stage anyway, if its score requirement for 500 gems is 200k while way too much defense.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm relying on friends to level up my characters in the winter festival event and I gotta say, Tidus even with EX is really weak, low max bravery, low damage he really only has speed as a pro and that's a con for a friend support >.<
Yeah I'm mad when I land on Black Waltz and Tidus can't kill him in 4 turns.

Also f**k people having EX but no 15/35 passives, man I gotta clean up my friend list lol

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
The content drip feels so slow right now lol. I might restart FFT or FFV on mobile. I've tried other gacha games but don't enjoy them as much as this one.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got Selphie to 60, and yeah she'll definitely be a mainstay in my party for a while. Next yellow crystal character will probably be Ramza for me.

Does anyone know when Lilisette's awakening should arrive? Can't wait for that one.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Managed to clear all but the last high score for Selphie's EX with all synergy characters. I usually try to give every EX a go with synergy characters at least once for fun and this is the first EX in quite a while where the team just destroyed each round. I made a dumb mistake on the friend summon (swapped Selphie out instead of Thancred) so I should be able to get that last high score if I don't flub that again.

So I'm relying on friends to level up my characters in the winter festival event and I gotta say, Tidus even with EX is really weak, low max bravery, low damage he really only has speed as a pro and that's a con for a friend support >.<
Yeah I'm mad when I land on Black Waltz and Tidus can't kill him in 4 turns.

Also f**k people having EX but no 15/35 passives, man I gotta clean up my friend list lol
Yeah, Tidus' initial max brave is pretty awful; it takes a round or two to build it up. Drives me bonkers when I'm running a co-op with a Tidus who doesn't start things off with Quick Hit, provided they have 15cp passive (but if they don't, why are they playing Tidus?!?! Argh). Plus there have been a handful of recent enemies that are immune to status effects and that holds his max brave/attack down too.

His EX ability is crazy fast though. It's up nearly every other turn. And his debuffs are useful on the right enemies. He's definitely more niche for support though, than the DPS dudes.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah like I said, Tidus EX is good if you own it, it's fast and Tidus himself is fast, as a friend support though it's not that great.
Anyway once Quistis's awakening drop I'll most probably change my friend support to her for a long time, I heard she's needed for the EX summon fights and since you gotta farm them for the new summon passives, we will need as much Quistis as possible. So I'll try to get her EX but my priority is Golbez >>>> Rinoa (for longevity) and then I don't know.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Tidus is okay at best and it's all downhill for him.

Bosses immune to his most valuable asset (triple debuffs) weak brave shaving and DPS, burns through abilities way too quickly.

Even with his rework in JP, he's still bad.

There's a reason why they bumped up his EX early in GL. Use him now while you still can because he will be on the bench forever soon.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Cleared the last Selphie high score with synergy characters. Just over 200k. Also carried Ashe through her final LC hard mode battle and wrapped that up as well.

And now I actually don't have anything else left to do other than wait for Gilgamesh and the next awakenings. Might grind out artifacts for Cloud but I've been doing that since they first dropped ages ago and I've never rolled a single 108 ATK for him. The artifact farm can be maddening.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Next EX boss has insane defence and resist debuff, RIP Tidus I guess.
I've worked on my Cecil artifacts in case it's really the start of the launch meta.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, new content tonight. If launch meta becomes a thing in global, do have an accidental 15/35 Layle waiting to be used.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried one more pull and some tickets on Ashe's banner, still no 35CP for her or Vaan. Ah well, I'll just wait until that weapon token shop arrives.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
They massively reduced the score needed for the 500 gems reward, from 200k to 120k, no launch meta for now!

Edit : another 67 tickets without EX, if you add up everything after Cloud I'm like at 400 tickets and 70k gems without getting any EX, my bad luck continue onto the new year~
Anyway I just wanted to MLB Bartz so I don't mind.
And I didn't know they renamed "Wanted : boosted characters" as "Wanted : Selphie characters", seriously they're everywhere!

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
That nerf will definitely open up all sorts of team comps. Got 162K with Terra/Squall/Selphie/friend Squall/Ifrit Summon. Pretty easy EX with Squall Renzokuken through waves. Just Co-Ops left to do and done with event.

Threw some tickets (15) 'till a gold popped and got a chocoblade...well, least I now have it MLB'ed.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Plowed through this event. Saving my gems for future stuff but decided to throw most of the tickets I'd earned so far at the banner. Got three off banner 15cps, one more 15cp for Gilgamesh, and Bartz's 35cp. The extra stuff gave me enough power stones to max Squall's EX so not too shabby.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna skip this banner, saving everything for Cait Sith now.

Never mind that, decided to use one ticket and got Gilgamesh's 35CP. I'll take it lol.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
That nerf will definitely open up all sorts of team comps. Got 162K with Terra/Squall/Selphie/friend Squall/Ifrit Summon. Pretty easy EX with Squall Renzokuken through waves. Just Co-Ops left to do and done with event.

Threw some tickets (15) 'till a gold popped and got a chocoblade...well, least I now have it MLB'ed.

lol exact same for me. In fact that's the only thing I did last night since was so late for me. I don't remember if the chocoblade is lb2 or mlb, didn't have orbs to raise it. I think it was 6-7 tickets before got a gold. I'll go back and see if someone else already talked on it, but how good is the EX here? I know Bartz suppose to be pretty good in this game, but I don't have room for him in my team currently.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Savings gems and tickets from this event to pull for Zidane EX and another shot at Laguna's 35CP.

We need more blue T4's

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Just going to awake Vivi for the upcoming heretics but I'm starting to be out of black high shards haha.
Thankfully there is nothing I would want for black shard characters until Golbez.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Just going to awake Vivi for the upcoming heretics but I'm starting to be out of black high shards haha.
Thankfully there is nothing I would want for black shard characters until Golbez.
I haven't used any white high shards yet. I might end up hitting the cap before a character (probably Vincent) I want to awaken arrives.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used any white high shards yet. I might end up hitting the cap before a character (probably Vincent) I want to awaken arrives.
It's me with green haha, I did Terra but then nothing else I wanted/needed so I'm at 715 green high shard currently.

71c218fc-db1f-4077-86yccbp.png

I'm trying to have enough for a 1 -> 60 jump on new characters I'll use. Those 9 are all MLB with EX only for Cloud, other are at crystal 55 or less.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I'm starting to believe these increased drop rates for chocobo and sylph are a lie.....

You are supposed to use sp potions with x2 books.

The first time I used roughly 40 potions and 5-6 books to get choco and sylph from 11 to 19

Then when the woi came back it took me 3-4 books and 30 potions to get them both from 19-20

Basically you have to dedicate farming time for them with a few books thrown in to maximize results

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Man, Selphie's EX is cake. Finally tried it and smashed it with Selphie as my only synergy character. Selphie/Ashe/Terra all mlb except Selphie and a squall ex friend made short work of this ex. lol, Selphie is just ridiculously OP. In fact.... i'm still trying to get Life of Trabia ** artifacts for her but i'm never lucky.