• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Awakened Vivi but I feel like he has too much max BRV with Focus, making it hard to trigger his HP attack on Fire+, and his 35CP isn't even limit break'd yet.
Well, let's hope it'll be enough for the heretic coop.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I finally got my Life of Trabia ** triple artifacts but none of them came with max brv 330 which she also needs. Perfecting Selphie is tough cause she needs orange artifacts on every slot. I'm gonna keep it like this for the moment. I used my chocobo feathers on Serah and Prishe and 60'd them immediately. Serah's crystal is maxed as well but Prishe is still at 52 so i'm gonna farm her next.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Oh wow! That's a lot of stuff! I just logged in for the day.

I'm a little more excited, because this is the first event where I have a clue what's going on, and what's important! Yay for learning! Trying so hard to make up for basically a whole year I said the game wasn't for me. This leveling thing will be perfect for building up synergy people as WarAdept and Madvin_a pointed out to me I needed.

jarekx - Still playing? Was happy to see a familiar face restart this game late like I did.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow! That's a lot of stuff! I just logged in for the day.

I'm a little more excited, because this is the first event where I have a clue what's going on, and what's important! Yay for learning! Trying so hard to make up for basically a whole year I said the game wasn't for me. This leveling thing will be perfect for building up synergy people as WarAdept and Madvin_a pointed out to me I needed.

jarekx - Still playing? Was happy to see a familiar face restart this game late like I did.

Yea, still around. Squall doing the damage since i got all his and Selphie's stuff from that banner. Maxed out those two + Terra and that seems like a pretty good team at the moment. Just grinding out chapters / hard modes and then eventually going into the lost chapters to do the same. No idea who I'm gunning for next.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Yea, still around. Squall doing the damage since i got all his and Selphie's stuff from that banner. Maxed out those two + Terra and that seems like a pretty good team at the moment. Just grinding out chapters / hard modes and then eventually going into the lost chapters to do the same. No idea who I'm gunning for next.

Where you at? I've slowed down a bit, but I've gotten "complete" on everything normal, and up to chapter 6 on hard. Only done normal "complete" on the LC. I was happily running my super group on everything until I learned one of the big reasons I was having trouble with 100 ex was because I wasn't using synergy characters. So can't just chill with my crew anymore.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
You can add another 100 tickets to my spending without seeing an EX.
I know it's 0.5% chances but at more than 400 tickets without counting gems it's a bit fishy. Couldn't even get Serah's 35CP.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
33 tickets -
Y'shtola Banner:
Cyan 15cp, Edgar 15cp, Ramza 15/35cp. Wanted a Ramza 15 outta that banner.
Zidane Banner:
Serah 15cp. Huh, just what I wanted.

Think I'll stop there for now. Gonna level up new awakenings and tackle the chasm's over the new few days...

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And heretics done, now we wait Cait Sith, and I'll finally use some gems since ticket pulling just don't work for me.
Strangely the 135k score was more easily done with Vaan instead of MLB Vivi, he just have too much max brave making him waste turn not triggering HP attack after Fire+, as I feared.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did two pulls and about 40 tickets on Zidane's banner, and didn't get anything I want. Got Vivi's 35CP at least, but I really wanted Serah and Prishe's.

No more spending until Cait Sith.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Just letting everyone know how much this gatcha sucks.

Hbcs6lvl.jpg

Started with 170k gems.

1uVsd4yl.jpg

Zidane EX acquired after 100k used up...

That was like 6 months of playing the game gone in 5 mins

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Do you try to run an all FF9 group when you can? Or just for collecting purposes?

Bonus Question: Do/Would you buy alt ff9 costumes?

All of the IX cast suck in DFFOO. They have their moments to be adequate during their events, but it's not like theyre the VIII cast who seem to dominate the meta.

It's just for collection purposes. You'll get nowhere in endgame if you play favourites (unless your favourite just happens to be one of the 5 characters out of 100+ who can work).

I would never pay for these games. It's like $90 AUD for a costume in DFFOO. I could buy something like the latest Smash Bros or Kingdom Hearts twice over and have way more mileage.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
Aphmau from XI is getting added to the JP version - she's not much of a fighter in the game, so I can we can expect some support skills to make up for it.

I wonder if OO will be around long enough for it to branch out beyond XI's "mission girls"...

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Was planning on pulling once on each banner to see what I'd get.

Wanted: Zidane EX, Vivi 35, Laguna 35, Serah 15/35

Off 15K gems & around 30 tickets I got 2x Vivi 35, Laguna 35, Serah 15, 2x Prishe 35CP's, Prishe 15CP, Vincent 15CP, Squall 15CP

overall I got what I wanted for the most part. My first pull on Zidane's banner was a 5/11 without an EX but I'm still satisfied.

I'll probably throw a ticket here or there to try get Zidane's EX. No more gems.

I can only awaken either Laguna or Zidane and have enough T4's for Cait on release.. I think I might awaken Laguna tbh

Aphmau from XI is getting added to the JP version - she's not much of a fighter in the game, so I can we can expect some support skills to make up for it.

I wonder if OO will be around long enough for it to branch out beyond XI's "mission girls"...
whens Red XIII, Kimahri, Basch or Rikku :(

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Was going to hold on to my gems for later but there's a lot on Zidane's banner I didn't have so did a few multipulls plus a ticket streak. Nothing exciting in the way of an EX but I was able to fully MLB Vivi and Serah though so happy with that.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Started with 113k gems ish .... ended with 54k..... I mlb'd like all the weapons on the banner except Ramza's 35 cp so I sold lots of 15's for powerstones. #worthit finally got Y'shtola's ex. Tickets gave me nothing but 15 cp weapons so this is the largest gem sink yet for me. Well, can't always get lucky I suppose.

Congrats on Zidane Ex, WarAdept!

image0.png

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ohh nice! Congrats! I just did a co-op with someone who had Y'sh's EX fully maxed (and honestly haven't even read everything her EX does), but it's by far the coolest looking EX weapon yet and her animation is beautiful. Kind of makes me want to chase it now lol.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
All of the IX cast suck in DFFOO. They have their moments to be adequate during their events, but it's not like theyre the VIII cast who seem to dominate the meta.

It's just for collection purposes. You'll get nowhere in endgame if you play favourites (unless your favourite just happens to be one of the 5 characters out of 100+ who can work).

I would never pay for these games. It's like $90 AUD for a costume in DFFOO. I could buy something like the latest Smash Bros or Kingdom Hearts twice over and have way more mileage.

Ya, most of that I know about you, but well.. no telling just how far your FFIX love can take you.

Ya, I haven't spent any in this one. Only FFRK, which I don't see myself doing again for a very long time. Not changing views on gacha, just burned out FFRK, and this one is too expensive! Maybe something will change in future.

On topic, I was all excited to do the cactuars yesterday, but the exp sucks unless I guess you get a rare. But I'm still new, so who knows if I know what I'm talking about. I guess I was expecting some crazy amount of exp. I'll focus on it later, and run all the support items and see how it treats me.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well so on a whim I did some tickets on the banners and got Gilgamesh cp15 on first pull, then Penelo 15cp within 5 pulls, then got Y'shtola ex in 4 pulls.

Wow. Now to learn how good this is.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats/condolences on everyone's pulls!

Chasm cleared, though took two attempts to get all the mission rewards. Shoulda' just been much more aggressive the first time around. Team was Squall/Terra/Selphie w/Friend Squall. 160K/30 turns on second clear.

On topic, I was all excited to do the cactuars yesterday, but the exp sucks unless I guess you get a rare. But I'm still new, so who knows if I know what I'm talking about. I guess I was expecting some crazy amount of exp. I'll focus on it later, and run all the support items and see how it treats me.

They give 600 more xp (no flower cactuar) than the highest cycle quest. Also, much easier to auto through due to it's lower difficulty. For example, 3-4 Icicle Pop's takes a character 50-60 just auto'ing. Makes for nice and mindless grinding while doing other stuff.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I had to start bringing up random white crystal characters levels higher because I was about to hit the white crystal cap lol

If I get Serah's 35CP this won't be a problem.

Petete

Oct 26, 2017
No luck with EX pulls, at leats I MLB'd Laguna and Serah.
The Chasm with Laguna, Serah and Prishe was pretty crazy hahaha. Prishe's awakening is so good <3

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Got Laguna to 60/60 when the awakening released. That's three VIII characters maxed out and now to wait for the next batch. I've started grabbing as many yellow crystals as I can and need to also grab red in case Zell or Seifer awakenings come soon.

With all LC done and current events complete I'm just going through story on hard mode and clearing the rest of that which should give me a nice boost of gems until next event.
I had to start bringing up random white crystal characters levels higher because I was about to hit the white crystal cap lol

If I get Serah's 35CP this won't be a problem.
This is me too because I mostly focus on VIII characters and so far not a single one uses white crystals. Yellow crystals seem to be the most popular for VIII characters so I'm saving them for the rest of the awakenings. Thankfully Selphie is already done and the rest will be Raijin/Irvine/Quistis.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It does surprise me with just how useful a lot of the VIII characters are. I can't wait for Rinoa to release.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Ohh nice! Congrats! I just did a co-op with someone who had Y'sh's EX fully maxed (and honestly haven't even read everything her EX does), but it's by far the coolest looking EX weapon yet and her animation is beautiful. Kind of makes me want to chase it now lol.

Thank you! Well I always pull for any favourites and Y'shtola's EX is really damn good. I'm a huge FFXIV fan so lol

Here is what it does:
Recovers all party members' HP based on Max HP and revives them if KOed.
Raises all party members' BRV based on Max BRV.
Grants Medium Max BRV Up to all party members for 8 turns.
Grants BRV Regen to self for 8 turns.
After using Pulse of Life, Stone and Medica II each recover 1 use (up to the initial values).
Turns HP Attack to HP Attack+ for 8 turns.
HP Attack+ raises allies' BRV based on damage dealt.

It's a very hefty ex and a damn good one, imo which makes Y'shtola more dps heavy and a much better support overall. She's crazy good now... at least, IMO.

Also, the weapon is really pretty but they didnt animate the butterflies in it like XIV D:

Well so on a whim I did some tickets on the banners and got Gilgamesh cp15 on first pull, then Penelo 15cp within 5 pulls, then got Y'shtola ex in 4 pulls.

Wow. Now to learn how good this is.

You will need her 35 and 15 cp as well but wow congratulations! I couldn't get the ex on tickets like I usually get lucky lol.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Maybe she can replace Rem, my world revolves around Rem swap-turning Cloud into his EX and spamming that currently. I know not to get attached to builds/characters, but I didn't forsee anything I own breaking this up for a little bit, but well, ya.

Edit: Nice little spotlight on Siliconera: DFFOO

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Heretics all completed..... Extremely easy since they all had some of my favourites boosted. Serah/Prishe/Y'shtola all maxed out completely destroyed everyting with Brothers summon. These heretics sadly dont give any tickets or gems much but I do appreciate all the high shards I suppose. I missed the 135k score though for the last part... got 102k so I'm gonna see what I can do.....

On a side note.... Prishe's awakening is wow!!!! BRV + HP on all abilities and shit hits like an absolute truck so we are talking like 20k+ every few turns in these heretics. She's amazing. I got my prishe artifacts done awhile ago and finished Serah last night. Serah's awakening is also really good. There's so much power creep going on XD.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Prishe still good even without her 35CP? She'll probably be the next green crystal character I awaken. At least I have her 15CP maxed out.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ah man Y'sh's EX sounds amazing. Screw it, I think I'm gonna chase it after all lol. I'll toss whatever comes from this next co-op event at her banner and hope for the best!

Otherwise was watching some stuff on Kingdom Hearts today in prep for III and it made me wonder if they'd ever do any none-FF crossover appearances in this game. None of that Katy Perry nonsense but I'd enjoy Sora in this, or even Cloud/Leon KH costumes (I'd easily pay for those lol). Plus Brave Exvius just had a KH event. Don't know if this game has been successful enough for that but it could be fun. Just a thought.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
1554222b7f900d31587a370f907b4812.jpg

Decided to take a chance, 15K to get it wasn't so bad. Finally got my first EX for a character!

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm so mad it took me 100k gems to get an EX this round, it's made me look at the game icon in disgust and haven't bothered to spend my stamina/bells.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
well, i decided to do one pull on Ysh's EX Banner for some Laguna stuff...got his 15cp and Yshtola's EX. Should I go deep for her 15 and 35?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I re did the final heretic mission and got 144k score. Squall ex friend to save time on the first boss. Just spam Renzo so the bombs die, then have Selphie use wall followed by drain and let prishe go to town with her brv + Hp attacks. Repeated that until boss was dead. 2nd wave was really easy. Y'shtola comes back in with a stone and the rest spam hp attacks. Tiamat puts your brv to 1 so damage it with hp attacks. 3rd wave is more or less the same. I summoned brothers on the last wave and the two Lich were dead before the summon ended. Y'shtola ex got everyone to max brave and destroyed everything. So my team was Selphie/Y'shtola/Prishe all MLB and the squall friend to save time for the first boss. The key was removing Serah as she ate turns with her moonlight buff. 34 turns 144k score.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Thank you! Well I always pull for any favourites and Y'shtola's EX is really damn good.

You will need her 35 and 15 cp as well but wow congratulations! I couldn't get the ex on tickets like I usually get lucky lol.

So here's how my last five minutes went.

I loaded up OO, got my daily logins, then was like ehhh, maybe I should go for some other Y'sh weapons based off what you said. I have 25 tickets at the moment, and 14k gems, but don't want to touch the gem stash. So I was like, I'll just do tickets until I get a gold or something. (On the banner that has Y'sh's other 5*s)

Very first pull Y'sh 35cp. - Wow Awesome! Is that the one I needed? Checks spreadsheet, UGH, no, I had 1 copy of that already, ok well I will LB it then. Still need the 15 cp weapon, I'll push my luck even though I should stop there.

Next pull 3*, Next pull 3*, next pull Y'sh 15 cp!

I'm telling you, I'm not usually this lucky. I have the Armor tokens to go get her armor too. I guess I can go all in. This game seriously wants to hand me her stuff. Before I loaded up, and actually before I got the EX two nights ago or whenever...all I had for her was 1 35cp, and her 4* armor MLB. Now I have at least 1 of everything (as soon as I go get her 5* armor).

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Cait Sith banner, I'm getting really impatient to get an EX after all those infructuous pulls and WoL is a pretty good one. Well I don't need it but I feel like long overdue with my awful luck, I'd better with Vaan though, after that it's mega hoarding mode until Golbez with a few pull on Quistis's EX.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Aw you guys have fun with your maxed Y'shs! I tried a few more tickets on her banner and got bupkis. I think my EX luck may have run out. She seems super useful though; she'll be great support for a while.

I did pull Edgar's 35cp on my attempts at Y'sh's banner though and he seems like he could potentially be interesting if you can max him so I'm going to focus on him next. Vivi is SUPER cute but he just doesn't have much utility. :(

I'm also torn on who to put up for my friend support. I currently have Squall up, but I'm getting A LOT less support bonuses for him - admittedly my Squall has ho-hum artifacts, but he does have his EX. When I had Tidus up I was getting over 100 a day but he doesn't have any synergy right now so seems like he won't be much help. I could go back to Terra, but I don't have her EX, so I'm thinking Cloud it is. I have crap artifacts for him too but with all his weapon passives you can't equip them anyway.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So here's how my last five minutes went.

I loaded up OO, got my daily logins, then was like ehhh, maybe I should go for some other Y'sh weapons based off what you said. I have 25 tickets at the moment, and 14k gems, but don't want to touch the gem stash. So I was like, I'll just do tickets until I get a gold or something. (On the banner that has Y'sh's other 5*s)

Very first pull Y'sh 35cp. - Wow Awesome! Is that the one I needed? Checks spreadsheet, UGH, no, I had 1 copy of that already, ok well I will LB it then. Still need the 15 cp weapon, I'll push my luck even though I should stop there.

Next pull 3*, Next pull 3*, next pull Y'sh 15 cp!

I'm telling you, I'm not usually this lucky. I have the Armor tokens to go get her armor too. I guess I can go all in. This game seriously wants to hand me her stuff. Before I loaded up, and actually before I got the EX two nights ago or whenever...all I had for her was 1 35cp, and her 4* armor MLB. Now I have at least 1 of everything (as soon as I go get her 5* armor).

Congrats! She's a great character to build.

I'm also torn on who to put up for my friend support. I currently have Squall up, but I'm getting A LOT less support bonuses for him - admittedly my Squall has ho-hum artifacts, but he does have his EX. When I had Tidus up I was getting over 100 a day but he doesn't have any synergy right now so seems like he won't be much help. I could go back to Terra, but I don't have her EX, so I'm thinking Cloud it is. I have crap artifacts for him too but with all his weapon passives you can't equip them anyway.

If you want an artifact guide you can look here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16uOOuBP9Rn85fX2cXNbseUnQry1b7oEQxOmTuaFbbU0/edit Also, artifacts are much easier to farm now especially with Squall supports as Renzo at 60/60 usually one shots all 3 waves and if you have Squall built it should be much easier for you! As for a support character I change mine every once in awhile but usually I go with favourites or something I recently pulled. Like now mine is Y'shtola and she got over 130 uses probably cause of heretics XD.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I stand corrected on the exp from the Cactaur event.

I just kept it going without volume on this side while I was working on some online college courses, but I noticed one of the battles gave me 18 or 19k exp. Also had several that were 10k. I was using the double exp supports. Didn't pay too close of attention but it was nice when it did happen. I think one person went 31-35 on me in one time.

Now if I could just find infinite weapon/armor mats. I was doing really well with the Winter Waltz but it's gone. It's only an issue because I'm trying to get every single item maxed which I imagine all you have done, but of course once its done, it'll be easy to maintain. I'm sure I could farm a specific battle if I googled it, but just haven't put forth the effort to look yet.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I stand corrected on the exp from the Cactaur event.

I just kept it going without volume on this side while I was working on some online college courses, but I noticed one of the battles gave me 18 or 19k exp. Also had several that were 10k. I was using the double exp supports. Didn't pay too close of attention but it was nice when it did happen. I think one person went 31-35 on me in one time.

Now if I could just find infinite weapon/armor mats. I was doing really well with the Winter Waltz but it's gone. It's only an issue because I'm trying to get every single item maxed which I imagine all you have done, but of course once its done, it'll be easy to maintain. I'm sure I could farm a specific battle if I googled it, but just haven't put forth the effort to look yet.

Majority of Summon Events + Carbuncle Events have a specific "Orb" node to farm for that. Choose the highest one, usually Orb Stage 3.

You sit your ass on that node all day until you die of Elixir poisoning.

Or until your orb inventory is maxed.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
OMG this coop is awful, between the stage that takes too long for the same regular rewards and people that either don't know how to play or run out of skill uses, I wasted a drop x2 with this.
Also the synergy characters are bad for this lol

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, my experience too. Just gonna level Cater and mow down the LC. Probably do co-ops later this week...

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Oh Lordy, I took my partially awoken MLB Edgar into the new co-op thinking 'aw yeah, he's gonna do great'..... and I don't think I've ever finished a co-op so embarrassed before lol. Yeah, the synergy characters are terrible for this. I feel bad for the Noctis and Selphie that carried me through that festival of foolishness.

If you want an artifact guide you can look here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16uOOuBP9Rn85fX2cXNbseUnQry1b7oEQxOmTuaFbbU0/edit Also, artifacts are much easier to farm now especially with Squall supports as Renzo at 60/60 usually one shots all 3 waves and if you have Squall built it should be much easier for you! As for a support character I change mine every once in awhile but usually I go with favourites or something I recently pulled. Like now mine is Y'shtola and she got over 130 uses probably cause of heretics XD.
THANK YOU!! I was looking for this thing about a week ago and could not find it anywhere. This thing is so super helpful. I haven't put much effort into artifacts admittedly because they can drive me bonkers but I'm at that point where I really want to max a few characters to full potential.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This new coop is amazing. Lots of bosses, hitting for 9999 all the time, my Zidane is launching like crazy, particles and random shit flying around the screen all the time.

And the best part? So many new characters to play with. Squall and Selphie teams are so so boring.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Carrying a level 40/Crystal 1 Cater was a bit painful but otherwise the 500 gems score is laughable. You can feel the bosses' DEF start to skyrocket though.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the Co-Op grind same day. Super easy with my Squall since most of my groups had Selphie and then we pretty much carried the third person most of the time. Way better than having slow and boring grind fests with people using the synergy characters.

I also finished maxing all summons(except choco and sylph who are 15 and 13) and finished all hard mode story chapters. Now i just need to level up characters and im basically fully caught up.