• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Only Faris 15CP on half pull, wanted to try my luck at Squall's WoI weapon but I don't have his EX so it's not that important.
Looks like I'll have 35k gems ready for Cait Sith / WoL's EX (I'd bet it'll drop Monday with Interlude), really hope my luck will turn around this time.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
The stream worth watching? I don't usually watch announcement streams like Nintendo Direct for example, but I did watch the first global FFRK stream and I was heavily disappointed. Not in the content, but it was poorly done since Global is afterthought for that game.

So like is the stream pretty cool, well put together and somewhat exciting? Or should I just wait for the cliff notes from you guys talking about it here?

Would just wait for the TLDR, unless your into the raffles or wanna know what content is dropping asap.

Question: Does the support items, like double exp, keep ticking even when you log or does the timer pause?

Keeps on ticking when logged off.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I started watching the streams 2 months ago and I don't regret, it's fun time and they interact with the chat so if you have nothing better to do, there's that.
The news confirmed a special surprise in addition to 1st anniversary stuff so I'm excited.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Debated whether it was worth throwing resources at Squall's WoI weapon since I have his 15/35/EX.

Fuck it, throw some tickets.

3 tickets.

Bronze Rubbish
Dupe Rem 35 (which is now MLB).
Squall WoI 15

giphy.gif

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
When you guys say wol, are you saying he has a weapon like the Warrior of Light? That's what wol means to me in FF world.

(Madvin_a - Thanks replies!)

Yeah they're special weapons thaat are for min/maxing. They don't actually improve the base abilities, but give minor buffs and whatnot.

Squall's WoI weapon gives him extra iBRV/mBRV when over 80% HP, which is nice but not necessary.

While some like Laguna or Zidane give off party auras that increase everyone's ATK/mBRV when they inflict a debuff. The best thing about these aura's is that they're "invisible" (aka they don't take up a buff slot). Which makes them quite powerful.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Yeah they're special weapons thaat are for min/maxing. They don't actually improve the base abilities, but give minor buffs and whatnot.

Squall's WoI weapon gives him extra iBRV/mBRV when over 80% HP, which is nice but not necessary.

While some like Laguna or Zidane give off party auras that increase everyone's ATK/mBRV when they inflict a debuff. The best thing about these aura's is that they're "invisible" (aka they don't take up a buff slot). Which makes them quite powerful.

Last question I swear, since not wanting to turn this into a Newbie FAQ. Is there a limit to how many buffs/debuffs you can have? I've seen 6 I think before, but my level of play hasn't reached the point where I would need to know this yet.

Edit: Thanks Kouriozan

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Last question I swear, since not wanting to turn this into a Newbie FAQ. Is there a limit to how many buffs/debuffs you can have? I've seen 6 I think before, but my level of play hasn't reached the point where I would need to know this yet.
Yeah it's 6 buff/debuff at once, new ones will push the leftmost non-framed buff/debuff out, resfreshing or getting a stronger already existing one won't.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I started watching the streams 2 months ago and I don't regret, it's fun time and they interact with the chat so if you have nothing better to do, there's that.
The news confirmed a special surprise in addition to 1st anniversary stuff so I'm excited.
I agree that they're fun too. I try to watch them when I can.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Lion LC Monday, let's hope Interlude comes with it since it's the day after the maintenance.
Guess we'll have the answer in 3 hours.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for the stream. I hope the announcement is worth it though some are expecting KH3 collab which would be kind of disappointing considering KH barely acknowledges the FF stuff now. My hope is early Rinoa release since VIII's Anniversary is coming up.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. Not at home or maybe would have tuned in. What else? I am excited about anniversary.
This time I'm not taking screenshot but you can follow this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/ajtzix/twitch_stream_1252019_announcement/

"First Anniversary Content

Starting Jan 30th UTC

Anniversary Login Bonus!

• Four weeks of 7-day login bonuses!
  • Get Armor Tokens, Draw Tickets, Power Tokens, and more!
Daily Anniversary Missions!

• Earn shards, crystals, clusters, high shards, and gems every day!
  • Daily Anniversary Mission not affected by Daily Mission Rewards x3 Campaign.
First Meet Bonus Reset!

• 200 gems when you meet a new player
  • Up to 20 times
Cycle QUest Rewards x2!

Daily Mission Rewards x3!"

Of course more are coming.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Dissidia NT stickers coming, Anniversary gem sale and Warrior of light alt costume just announced.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I never get matched with them and I do it at the same time :(

oh shite 6 free multi pulls!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Beatrix first in Global in February, WOW.

Rest of the news was :

Dissidia NT Models Stickers

Limited Time FFI Fledgling Warrior Costume

1st Anniversary Gem Sale

Weekly Anniversary Quests! Reminiscence CO-OP

• New Set every week for 4 weeks!
  • Revisit enemies from the past year!
Special Annivesary Draws!

• New weekly draws for 4 weeks featuring 35 and 15 CP weapons!
  • Two event draws, each featuring a new EX weapon!
  • First Multi-Draw FREE! (for all six Draws!)
Carbuncle's Treasures

• Half SP Cost and increased drop rate!
Interlude Arrives and Cait Sith with it

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
They also are giving 3000 gems to everyone alongside the stream coop rewards (20 tickets and 5 armor tokens iirc)

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
This was pretty great except the question part. There is so many better questions that should have been answered but oh well. Everything else was great.

Still hoping they do something for VIII Anniversary in 2 1/2 weeks.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Oh wow, Beatrix?!?! That's like a dream character right there. This all sounds fun and amazing. I'm selfishly hoping this doesn't kick-off until the exact anniversary date because my account still hasn't been recovered so I don't want to miss anything.....although with the way things have been going with their tech support, that'll probably still happen anyway. Sigh.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Howdy, was a day 1 player for this game, played for the first month or so and have played on and off again over the past year (mostly off).

Currently making my way through the story bits and have started ch.7 today. I've been spending SP in some of the events, mainly farming some artifacts which I understand are useful for providing passives? Have farmed for OK and Hope in that soon to expire event.

My party usually involves Squall, Cloud and OK/Vivi

Besides story content, is there anything else I should be hitting as I play catch up? Any upcoming banners worth pulling on? I'm currently at around 30k gem thingys.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Honestly, I'm so excited about Beatrix. I just hope that an ex I like is on those 2 banners but still 6 free multi pulls sure is something GREAT. This game really is loved by those devs. In my other gacha games we rarely get these chances for free gems.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017

Beatrix reveal youtube version.

Howdy, was a day 1 player for this game, played for the first month or so and have played on and off again over the past year (mostly off).

Currently making my way through the story bits and have started ch.7 today. I've been spending SP in some of the events, mainly farming some artifacts which I understand are useful for providing passives? Have farmed for OK and Hope in that soon to expire event.

My party usually involves Squall, Cloud and OK/Vivi

Besides story content, is there anything else I should be hitting as I play catch up? Any upcoming banners worth pulling on? I'm currently at around 30k gem thingys.
Cait Sith is the next big banner to pull on for his buffs. For Squall do you have his 35cp? If not you can pull on the current banner for his WoI and hopefully also grab his 35cp since he is ridiculously powerful and doesn't require his EX to be amazing. We don't know enough about Beatrix to see if she how will play but she could end up being quite good since we will be receiving her before JP which is a first for Global players.

Definitely make sure to log in every day as we will be receiving great rewards and also make sure to do quests to get daily rewards. I would personally recommend artifact grinding only for events since it's much faster to grab large amounts especially with drop boost. Make sure to tackle character events to the best you can and ALSO make sure to do the current LC's for the bonus rewards which currently is Cater but will soon be Lion.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was a day one players of FFRK, I stopped about 18 months in, I have like 600 mythrils in case I want to play it again but they added so much stuff it's confusing as hell and makes me scarred lol.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I don't think it was clear in my order of comments but the last statement about fun game and good people, lol was referring to DFFOO.

As for FFRK, the prices are more fair and it is what pulled me into mobile gaming, but after 3 years I am burned out so it gets little of my time.

But DFFOO, having fun with it and love the way the game makes me feel so powerful with the glass breaking sounds and big booms and overkill's in huge letters etc. Also absolutely love the graphics.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could never get into FFRK, I remember trying it a bunch of times but I would always end up getting bored and eventually dropping it.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Record Keeper is good but the game has so much going on that it's a bit difficult to enjoy as much as I used to. The best part imo about the game is the record dungeons where you replay through each series and get to see everything redone with beautiful sprites. The game has so many banners and relics that it's overwhelming and the difficult content is time consuming especially if you're like me and only focus on pulling a particular games relics. I have 90% of the VIII relics in that game and it totally bothers me I don't have a means to grab the ones I miss lmao but overall I think record Keeper is still too expensive considering they have never had sales on gems and it's quite annoying to build up mythril stash once you're out.

I still play the game and do my dailies but my only focus in RK now is VIII events and dungeons/banners while before I at least tried to consistently get all content done.

Opera Omnia: I got 161 score on Relm event with Squall, Selphie and Terra with a Squall friend and Ifrit summon. It wasn't too bad and thankfully it means I'm now done all missions and achievements in the game. Now it's crystal grind and leveling up my rank until the anniversary stuff starts.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well damn, looks like launch meta is here.
I did the last battle in 25 turns, no HP damage, 3 breaks, 150k score /170k needed for the 500 gems even with souble Squall and Selphie,
I won't do better for now sadly, Cait Sith will be needed for sure.

Edit : trying to not rage.

518ccadc-deaf-45cd-8f3hjkh.png

Edit 2 : Ashe in team and spam Solid Barrel with both Squall did it.

3e036713-55c5-4b4a-a8j4kws.png

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I just did it with Squall x2, Selphie and Terra + Bahamut and hit 175k and I barely used Terra so most people with those three should hit the high score.

Anyways Lion LC DONE. I'm going to do a bit more crystal grinding before Cactaur goes away and make sure I have enough for any potential VIII awakenings coming up.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
183K using Lion (Zidane MLB dagger), MLB Squall, MLB Selphie, Ifirit w/Friend Squall. Selphie/Squall are too stronk. Pretty glad I got it in one go.

Done with LC. Gonna level Lion and continue waiting for Cait...

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Good Morning Guys.

Did the half price pull, got a Y'shtola 35 and a 15, first one was mlb-dupe, second was third copy, so now have mlb everything Y'sh except for her 4* star weapon. Also got Lion's 15cp.

Small status update, and a question -

Have about 10 battles left in Chapter 10 Hard to "Complete" and then that will only leave Chapter 11 Hard to master. Not having too much trouble still with my "A Team".

The question -- I have about 20 Armor Tokens, should I use them here and there for people like Vaan 51/52 with both weapons, and Bartz 51/53 with both weapons, but only have their 4* Armor (could really use the CP) and slowly fill out everyone with at least one copy of 5* armor....

...or is the (seemingly) smart choice to just hoard those tokens for when I have a new awesome person like say Cait Sith, and I can quickly MLB their 5* armor? I am assuming it's the latter, but I would love someone to tell me how it would make sense to give some of these other guys more CP.