• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I want to support the game, I'm not really stingy with the wallet or anything.

But haven't carved out any type of routine purchase/minimum-refill type deal. I guess I could look at the Kupcard in the future as was suggested to me before by I think Madvin_a. As mentioned before, I like the art, I would have supported Terra's costume, but just too much in my opinion.

Regardless! I'm glad the game is doing well. I absolutely love never feeling like I'm "wasting" my stamina like other type of gachas.

Edit: Oh goodness. Lion's LC Hard is a big step up from what I'm use to. This is the first time I've tried to get the rewards before they expire.
Edit2: Nevermind, I guess it's not that hard, I just was intimidated, but I haven't had to redo any fights and only a couple left.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I just got my account back hallelujah. Oh my god was that an ordeal. I didn't think it would take quite this long and the emails they kept sending where they couldn't find my dummy account were really nerve wracking. Sucks I missed nine days of login and daily bonuses (I hadn't missed a single day since launch) but I'm just so happy to have it back and before the anniversary too. There's a lot to catch up on and Kingdom Hearts III just arrived so not sure what I'm going to play first (I really love this game lol) but holy cow what a huge relief.

I still don't understand what happened with my Facebook backup though. When I logged in to OO again, it still showed my account was linked. No clue why I couldn't pull current data.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I just got my account back hallelujah. Oh my god was that an ordeal. I didn't think it would take quite this long and the emails they kept sending where they couldn't find my dummy account were really nerve wracking. Sucks I missed nine days of login and daily bonuses (I hadn't missed a single day since launch) but I'm just so happy to have it back and before the anniversary too. There's a lot to catch up on and Kingdom Hearts III just arrived so not sure what I'm going to play first (I really love this game lol) but holy cow what a huge relief.

I still don't understand what happened with my Facebook backup though. When I logged in to OO again, it still showed my account was linked. No clue why I couldn't pull current data.

Good deal! When you originally shared this, you made it sound like how you ended up needing a restore/backup was a long story. Anything to share so we don't make same mistake? Also, it seems like they should have credited to you the missed days, but really I have no idea how they could fairly implement something like that for people in your situation.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

I'm so glad for you! Must feel great :)

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Good deal! When you originally shared this, you made it sound like how you ended up needing a restore/backup was a long story. Anything to share so we don't make same mistake? Also, it seems like they should have credited to you the missed days, but really I have no idea how they could fairly implement something like that for people in your situation.
I wish I knew what sparked this whole thing, but even now, I'm still not sure. I think changing my AppleID password while I was in the app was the cause, but that's a guess. If anything, just make sure you have your account linked to a backup service, like Facebook. In my case Facebook still failed me and I don't know why it wouldn't pull the backup and transfer because it turns out it was linked this whole time and I feel like I got some misinformation there, but the good news is that it's relatively straight forward to get your account back from Square. You just have to provide a good bit of data about your account. and then wait.

I'm so glad for you! Must feel great :)

Thanks! It's so good to see my characters and stuff again! Everything looks the same so far, other than a flashing "New!" on just about everything, but I can deal lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing you managed to get your account back Calliope, suck you missed those daily rewards but at least we'll get 3k gems as special reward after the maintenance.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Oh very nice, 3K gems, we'll take it!! This game has always been pleasantly generous in that regard.

So in playing catch up I pulled on the half off WoI banner in the hopes of Squall's WoI weapon but no luck, just his original 15cp. I do hope the WoI weapons come back around sometime, I've missed a couple.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017

glad you got your account back.

Apparently they give you Cait's 15CP at some point in the interlude so all I really need from the banner is Cait's 35CP.. Penelo is a dud and my WoL is kinda ass.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's very good news.

Congrats!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So much gifts and missions, now you get 500 gems daily by completing 5 quests until the end of anniversary event .

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Gratz on getting your account back!

Also holy shit at all of these rewards. 3x daily plus x2 crystals is heaven.

Edit: heads up you can now run into kactaurs(pink head) in the crystal stages and the music changes to the version with singing. I know because it scared the shit out of me while grinding lmao

With 3x drop you get 400 or so extra crystals though i forgot which tier but i think its tier 3

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Good stuff guys, this event is really generous! Feel pretty confident now going all in for Cait Sith and WoL later.

Doesn't look like they added the WoI weapons to the token exchange so I spent the 20 or so tickets from the co-op challenge on the WoI banner and managed to pull Squall's weapon on my last ticket. Also nabbed two more Rem 15cps of course, but I can always use power stones so it's cool.

And yeah, the music change in the cycle quest threw me for a second too! It's kind of nice since I don't usually pay close attention to cycle quests and autobattle them and if your team's low level the kactaurs can sometimes wipe them so it's a good heads up.

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I've been at max capacity for white high shards forever. I can't even accept them in the mission rewards now lol.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Wow did anyone see the 2nd anniversary JP update? It's huge!!! Man, EX 7 * weapons are going to be a thing and they look incredibly tough to get. JP introduces a pity system though and each multi pull gets you tokens to exchange for an ex (you need 300) or 75k gems to guarantee an ex. Not sure if they are hoardable tokens but here's a summary: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/195275-dissidia-final-fantasy-opera-omnia/77435532

7* weapons seem incredibly powerful and make current ex look like dust.

Edit: they become 7 star when mlb but an evolved 6 star ex at 0lb is stronger than an mlb regular ex!!!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Whoa Chaos difficulty sounds insane. Level 180?!?! I thought Cosmos was supposedly still hard. Yikes.

The stuff about evolving weapons and armor seems kind of complicated although I'm sure it'll be straightforward in practice. The new passives from evolved EX weapons are awesome though. Cloud getting brave overflow and Mako at start is nice for him.

And he's finally getting his AC gear! I'll splurge on that, I tend to pick up the alt outfits for favorites so that's an easy one. Surprised it took them this long to add it.

Good stuff coming.

EDIT: WoI weapons will eventually be added to the token exchange, nice!

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, that login bug was pretty bizarre way to begin the Anniversary. Otherwise, all the free stuff is great, gonna grind quite a bit until Cait drops.

Second Anniversary on JP side looks pretty sick too.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well, earlier when it updated, not only did they have the little snafu about starting a new game, but suddenly I thought about losing accounts and such after what we talked about here. Whew.

It didn't show me the new login screen the first time i loaded up, but just saw it now, it's cool!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Cait sith coming in 24 mins, good luck everyone and hopefully I'll finally land on an EX (in before Global delay WoL's level 70 because he's too good)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
WELP

5b3b4456-4ab1-41e6-be70jpr.png

And that's the free 10+1, damn!
Sending my good RNG to you guys~

Edit : using tickets for Cait and after 5 of them...

9cfc7dcf-f43b-42f2-aaw7jsg.png

Now this feel wasted, no more EX for the next 2 months I guess.

Edit 2 : wait wtf I got another one, now I'm wondering if this is a glitch.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Free Cait Sith pull was good.

3/11 - all 35cp, 2 for Caith Sith so that's good you guys say, and Wol 35.

Other free pull was a bust 1/11 Laguna cp15.

Gem pull on Cait Banner was 1/11 WoL 15cp.

Anyways first pull was good.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
'Grats guys! My freebie pull was pretty bad; just a copy of Cait's 15cp and a bunch of bronzes. But at least it wasn't a Penelo dagger.

Also grabbed a copy of Hope's 35cp off the other free pull and I needed a copy anyway so not the worst result. Now on to the content! I'll spend gems later if I get nowhere with tickets.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
RNG bites me back as it took almost 200 tickets for Cait's 35CP.

hlnp7ialjik9j.jpg
uiyatdmlr3j5k.jpg

eai2pvklsvj5r.jpg
wi1gssjluxj0h.jpg

Start from the bottom WoL EX and go up until Cait's 35CP.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well I had 55k gems saved and only spent 5k.

I feel like having two copies of Cait Sith cp35 is where I should just stop and go limit break.

Or should I chase after the WoL ex?

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yea I also finished Lion's lost chapter earlier today. The Level 100 gave me some issues and I just kept trying different combinations of teams. Ended up with 172K using Terra(no EX)/Selphie/Squall (EX) Friend Terra & Slyph summon and just nuked the wolf lol

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Anniversary free draw:
Zidane 15cp
Vaan 15cp
Cloud 15cp
Hope 35cp

Only weapon I was missing was Hope's 35cp..so glad to have it now (along with a bunch of powerstones).

Interlude Banner (free):
Cait Sith 35cp
WoL 15cp

65 tickets:
Cait Sith 15cp
Penelo 35cp x2
WoL 35cp

Kinda hoping for an EX, but did get Cait's stuff and can always chase WoL's EX down the line. Gem stash stays safe for another day.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
2 multi's + free got me a bunch of Penelo stuff and 15 cp WOL sword which I wasn't happy with lol

I did about 60 tickets and managed to grab 2 WoL EX's, 15cp Cait Sith and finally his 35! This is the first time I have ever been lucky with ticket pulls.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Free pulls were awful 1/11 dupes.

27 tickets, got what I wanted. 1st anniversary redeemed.

AWmbh0Ul.png

Now the question is do I want to spend more resources of Cait or prioritise Beatrix/Garnet EX's.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No 35CP for Cait (got two 15CP's) but I did get Warrior's EX. Free pulls we're awful, and I got the EX through a ticket so that is now the third EX I've gotten through a ticket.

I'm happy, at least I have Selphie, and Warrior we'll definitely be a strong character for me moving forward.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Wow congrats all! Kouriozan god damn 3 ex!!!! Wow! If only the ex upgrades coming to JP were in global as I think you need additional ex copies for them. That's extremely lucky though my luckiest was 4 5 star in a row then 5th was a dupe Terra ex from tickets

As for my pulls? Lol 3 hope 15 cp which I can sell mlb, and 2 Cait sith 15cp. Not the best but all is good! I'm saving for Beatrix hahaha

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I already have Layle's 15 and 35CP but need to MLB them so if the launch meta is here, I'm already prepared.
I'm just glad I could keep those gems for Beatrix in case she's very good.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't plan my blue crystals properly and now my poor Cait Sith isn't as good as he should be ; ; His boost is nice but no brv gain from it sucks so hopefully I can get enough in the next few days and max him out.

WoL is fun to play right now. He still does great damage if 60/60 with only EX MLB. I need to get on finishing his 15 and decide if i want to grab 35 off shop. Other 35 i plan to get is fujin since its only VIII item I'm missing.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Whew, finally got WoL's 35cp on my third multipull, along with Cait Sith's 35cp so I'm going to call it good on that banner. WoL's EX would be nice but his 35cp has eluded me forever so that's the real victory for me here lol.

And I of course dropped some dough to grab Cloud's AC costume so that gave me a back a nice bit of gems. It's always weird to me that his AC costume changes the color of his hair to light blonde. Idk, I like the bright gold better but what can you do.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Noticed there's an opportunity to snag gear by exchanging power tokens....how does one obtain more power tokens?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Next update whislit :

Eidojas, please I beg you Square Enix. I have to farm WoL and Cait artifacts and not lucky at all there.
Noticed there's an opportunity to snag gear by exchanging power tokens....how does one obtain more power tokens?
Events and gifts like armor tokens I assume. There is also 1st anniversary tokens in the first event to exchange for weapons.

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Okay I REALLY want that AC Cloud costume..

I'm wondering if I should save my tickets for Beatrix or spend them on the Cait banner to try get his 35.. or just get it from a weapon token shop and save tickets/gems and just use my power stones up since I have a lot.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Launch meta against interlude final boss hard mode, Cait Sith / Selphie / Cecil.

e08f0191-d09c-44af-b2cik5z.png

And to say with awakened Layle it's going to be even more OP.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely awakening Layle once that arrives.
Problem with Cecil is he's super slow and can only launch 4 times, it's difficult to optimize damage with him, level 60 Layle can do it 6 times and delay ennemy's turn by 1 with his launch making him really strong for this job.
The sad news is that he's coming in 6 weeks if they don't delay him. Global is really super late on character awakening, it's gotta happen before Kain lost chapter at worst.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I really want the AC costume also. But just can't pull trigger on 37 bucks. Maybe in the future.

New Banner/Character Questions:

1. Do I hoard my 45k+ gems, since I have Cait Sith 35CP? Or do I chase for extra copies and chance at WoL EX? -- I'm thinking hoard.
2. (besides favorites) is there another big deal EX or character coming? (BTW, I would love for King Awakening)
3. Also, did my newbie brain understand correctly that Cait Sith is really good for physical teams? Like maybe consider switching Terra out for a melee person to go along with Cloud?

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
1. Do I hoard my 45k+ gems, since I have Cait Sith 35CP? Or do I chase for extra copies and chance at WoL EX? -- I'm thinking hoard.

Would hoard. WoL's EX does come back..and I think it's also is available in the future EX shop.

2. (besides favorites) is there another big deal EX or character coming? (BTW, I would love for King Awakening)

Kuja/Golbez/Rinoa have are the next hype characters. Vayne and Noel too further down the line. Also the what if scenario with Beatrix right around the corner.

3. Also, did my newbie brain understand correctly that Cait Sith is really good for physical teams? Like maybe consider switching Terra out for a melee person to go along with Cloud?

He's pretty good on any team barring a boss being resistant or immune to melee damage.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Who cares about Rinoa?! I can't think of a single person.

I thought about Beatrix right after I posted. I like her in the FF9 Story, and I love her (and Steiner's) music.

Thanks!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Who cares about Rinoa?! I can't think of a single person.

I thought about Beatrix right after I posted. I like her in the FF9 Story, and I love her (and Steiner's) music.

Thanks!
Uh oh. This might not end well lol.

Beatrix is an unknown but I'll probably pull for her anyway. I like to have two or three good meta characters for EXs, but otherwise I generally focus on favorites. Fortunately some of those favorites are also meta, or at least quite good. It has a way of all balancing in the end.

The only disappointment in this has been Tifa. She's my all time favorite FF girl; but I still don't use her for anything because she's awful.