• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck deciding to play more KH3 or grind a bunch in OO. This game has me too addicted that I just want to complete everything especially to prepare for more VIII greatness. I think Zell awakening is coming up next week and speaking of Zell:
Who cares about Rinoa?! I can't think of a single person.
You're going to trigger the Wazzy alarm lmao, Beatrix might be really interesting.
Uh oh. This might not end well lol.
Whenever I start fights with Wazzy she isn't mean to me, but she summons Zell, and he ....he gets triggered.
0rNZlqM.jpg

She will come and when she does I will give everything to her banner. Doggo awaits.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love it when the cycle quests have double rewards, perfect time to level up the characters and their crystal levels. I'll be doing a good amount of grinding during the event.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Cleared the Interlude on Normal mode. Epic final boss and this story really does feel like a classic FF. I love the story!

Now to try out these ex and do lion lc on hard as i'm behind.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Just nabbed WoL's EX yay, and off another ticket! Tickets have been so lucky for me in pulling EXs. I thought I was done with this banner but I was tempted lol. Figured I'd spend the four tickets we just received from the co-op token challenge and it popped on the third. Now I'm really truly done.

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Finally got around to this stupid Lion LC.

190k+ with Squall/Zidane/Selphie + Friend Squall.

Too much crap to do here, wasting precious KH3 time.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Tells you something about this game when it competes with KH3.

They really did a good job with this game, I wish I would have gave it more of a try back in January. (Edit: Uh, Jan 2018)

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I can't even claim half of these rewards because I'm maxed out on Gil/Power Orbs/Armour Orbs/Crystal

=\

EDIT: Just watched the Beatrix preview vid. Doesn't look like anything super groundbreaking, but I'll wait for the multipliers to come out.

Her EX though seems good, with appropriate overflow.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Need to be careful how I spend my gems. Beatrix is good, but Garnet is around the corner.

Plus the triple mage threat (Kuja, Golbez, Rinoa) is going to require some major savings of tickets/gems.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Holy cow that Facebook notice! Helps to know I wasn't nuts when I couldn't get my account backup off Facebook. I hope it hasn't effected a lot of people, right in the middle of the anniversary. :(

Definitely be sure to backup to whatever other option you have over Facebook. I made a Game Center account after I got my account back and have had no issues.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
All bonus mission rewards done for both Rancor and Reminiscence EX stages.

170k+ and 200k+ respectively.

Both using the exact same strat.

Squall
Zidane
Selphie
Friend Squall
Bahamut

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Finished one of the EX stages, for the non co-op quest can't remember the name of it.

Played with a couple Cait Sith's in Co-Op and that character is OD lol, I need to get his 35CP.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Finished one of the EX stages, for the non co-op quest can't remember the name of it.

Played with a couple Cait Sith's in Co-Op and that character is OD lol, I need to get his 35CP.

Ya, you reminded me to mention it too.

I havent unlocked Cait Sith yet, just been doing other stuff, but I have his 15 and 35's waiting. I grouped with a Cait Sith yesterday for the first time, and WOW, since I haven't done mine-myself yet, I don't 100% know what was going on, but one sec he would have zero brave, next second AE damage for 10's of thousands. I mean, it just really made me say to myself "Whoa".

I'm planning to raise up Cait Sith and go big on Beatrix banking on the hope that her being a global exclusive will mean she is strong, and the videos/information shared makes it seem even more likely.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Cloud best boy

Got an off banner Galuf 15CP on the Cait Sith banner giving me enough to max MLB the weapon.

So I ended up pulling on the Lion half off banner to try get his 35CP and ended up getting every weapon I didn't have except for Lion's 15CP lol.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Been trying to complete Relm's EX for the last little while. I cleared it with Terra, Selphie, and Tidus, with a friend Terra and Ifrit summon, but only got a score of 90K. I'm trying now with my MLB Vivi in for Tidus and a friend Relm. It's going better but not there yet. I'm guessing the trick is to burn the boss with fire as much as possible before he changes element? He changed too early on my last run. :( Taking a break now, that fight is super annoying.

tenor.gif

Nice draw too! Three different 35cps is crazy good.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Enhanced Cloud EX is OP https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/am0cyt/cloud_ex_rework_review_final_fantasy_vii/

You cast it twice at MLB and it has 180% overflow, increased critical damage and starting the wave with his Mako buff so instant bravery regen.

Oh man this is powercreep to the max. I can't wait until the meta shifts to this, personally but these weapons seem incredibly hard to get. It will get scary if they are required for very hard content like chaos in the future. You need additional ex copies from what I understand and an item. They cited that it will be a rate of 2 ex weapons per month to be upgraded I believe so if you miss out.. you miss out.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Been trying to complete Relm's EX for the last little while. I cleared it with Terra, Selphie, and Tidus, with a friend Terra and Ifrit summon, but only got a score of 90K. I'm trying now with my MLB Vivi in for Tidus and a friend Relm. It's going better but not there yet. I'm guessing the trick is to burn the boss with fire as much as possible before he changes element? He changed to early on my last run. :( Taking a break now, that fight is super annoying.
I think I used Squall/Selphie/Terra or Vaan for that fight with a friend Squall & Ifrit summon.

Summon Ifrit to drop his vulnerabilities, GO HAM, and then you have like 2 or 3 of his turns before he changes his element and becomes resistant to melee attacks again.

I basically tried to get him down as low as possible before he changed.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man this is powercreep to the max. I can't wait until the meta shifts to this, personally but these weapons seem incredibly hard to get. It will get scary if they are required for very hard content like chaos in the future. You need additional ex copies from what I understand and an item. They cited that it will be a rate of 2 ex weapons per month to be upgraded I believe so if you miss out.. you miss out.
Nah you just need items, I think you're confusing with the pity timer that give you items to get EXs or enhance them.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFF...etailed_2nd_anniversaryfebruary_infiltration/

— Equipment Awakening —
■ Weapon Awakening

• Only for Specific 5* EX Weapons that have been MLBed and LvMAX
    ※ More to be released each event.
  • In order to perform Weapon Awakening, it requires the use of x1 Mysterious Book (Destruction) and specified EX Weapon. Mysterious Book (Destruction) can be attained by crafting it with x20 Mysterious Pages (Destruction) which can be attained through Event Rewards and Monthly Missions. This can be done in the new Menu Option "Crafting".
  • In order to Limit Break the Awakened Weapon, it requires x1 Adamantine Ingot (Destruction) for 1 LB. Adamantine Ingots (Destruction) can be attained by crafting it with x20 Adamantine Nuggets (Destruction) which can be attained through Event Rewards etc. This can be done in the new Menu Option "Crafting". x1 Adamantine Ingot (Destruction) can also be attained when Awakening a Weapon.
— Gacha Medals ——
  • For Each 10+1 Pull, you get x20 Gacha Medals
  • Rack them up and you'll even be able to exchange them for Specific EX 5* Weapons (300 Medals) for that Banner!
※ Excess Medals can be used to exchange for Power Piece and Mysterious Books (Destruction)

※ Gacha Medals can be attained from each banner, even including those with Half Price or FREE.

※ Only Banners from 1/31 onwards will be eligible

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I probably was getting confused with that! It does still seem fairly difficult to get though and many characters dont have an ex weapon yet. I wonder what they will do about those?

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well in regards to the conversation about powercreep and future EX2's.

With the acknowledgement that we follow our own timeline that sometimes seems to make little sense, aren't we roughly a year behind Japan? Like, nothing to worry about for months and months?

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beatrix looks like a fun character, I'll do a few pulls and use some tickets on her banner and hope for the best.

Also, it's nice we're getting a pity/mercy mechanic for the banners.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well in regards to the conversation about powercreep and future EX2's.

With the acknowledgement that we follow our own timeline that sometimes seems to make little sense, aren't we roughly a year behind Japan? Like, nothing to worry about for months and months?
We should be about 10 months behind, here's an old schedule picture and it's still pretty accurate https://i.imgur.com/fU9hQ9j.png
We caught up a bit on character/lost chapters event though. I have the vain hope Global will give me Golbez early.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Hmm, going off that schedule, the next batch of awakenings look pretty ho-hum. I'll do Vincent and Tifa, in the hope she gets better, but that'll probably be it.

Just FYI for everyone, Dissidia database is updating again, for the time being. Even with the new global calendars, the format of this site is great for referencing stuff.

I think I used Squall/Selphie/Terra or Vaan for that fight with a friend Squall & Ifrit summon.

Summon Ifrit to drop his vulnerabilities, GO HAM, and then you have like 2 or 3 of his turns before he changes his element and becomes resistant to melee attacks again.

I basically tried to get him down as low as possible before he changed.
Thanks, this comp worked great. :) I didn't even think to use Squall for some reason and I got much higher scores. Just need the last high score for the gems and I'm done.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda great to know EX's will be useful again down the line.

Beatrix is tempting, not gonna lie. But also, not completely sold on her...think we get a free pull on that banner.. So, I think I'll use that to decide how much or little to drop on her.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The scoring system is fucked up in this game, so basically anyone who isn't a mega battery or has x2 HP skills is completely useless when targeting bonus objectives.

I mean just look at how I did both EX fights for Ranchor and Reminiscence. Double Squall, Selphie and Zidane who builds Summon gauge faster and deals with high Def/phys resist enemies.

Vivi is way too slow to use in the Selphie event and has mega trouble with triggering his HP conditional on Fire. He only becomes good once his EX and his 2nd rework come about.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Thanks for sharing the schedule Kouriozan, I book marked it.

WarAdept, I was expecting you to say something more about Beatrix! She's one of the best characters from that game!

As much as I love IX as much as Wazzy loves VIII, I need to be mega cautious about being F2P in this game. It doesn't allow for many mistakes in terms of who you pull for VS doing endgame content.

From what I've seen in the vid, she seems good, but nothing groundbeaking.

Saints Cloth looks pretty poor, buffing the most useless stat in the game (defence) and it has very little uses.

Thunder Slash looks decent, subject to resists. Needs to be the + version to overflow it looks like.

Climhazard is a good EX. However, the preview vid massively inflates it's damage due to Bahamuts passive being in play here as well as synergy bonuses. I expect damage in the 12k+ range when the dust is settled.

Need to see her potencies before I dedicate towards trying for her EX (when I know Garnet and Kuja are very strong for a few months and they're coming somewhat soon).

Another problem is that she doesn't play nice with Cait Sith. Between her own buffs and Cait, she'll always have 7, which means one buff will constantly be pushed off.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Regarding Def being Useless:

With the confession that I still have not read a real indepth faq on the forumlas and stat system and mechanics on this game (which is overdue for me by this point)...

I've been prioritizing Bravery, then Atk, if leftover cp Def and HP at about the same value. Are you saying +HP > +Def in this game? Also Max Brave seems to be the most important stat, but I'm sure there is certain cases or characters where "it depends".

Oh and good point about Cait Sith, because he's about to stake out a home in my daily team.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
HP is a decent stat. Especially useful down the line for characters like Rinoa who can get one shot by the boss simply recovering to its iBRV.

Atk and mBRV are the universal "good" stats for most characters, but higher priority passives usually involve their c50 or some special passive that's exclusive to them.

Def is absolutely awful and serves no purpose in the game. The Def your armour grants is more than enough.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Level 70 awakening really made WoL broken, it was a few months ago and he's still N°1 Source

nvegtiucykyb.png

I'm glad I could snatch his EX, I'm "future proof" haha.
New enhanced EX made Cloud top tier again, he gets there twice per years so far lol
It feels like Record Keeper where Cloud gets new features first and bump to top tier for a while. At least it was like that when I played on year 1 & 2.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I dont closely follow the tier list but I am sure it will evolve with these 7 star weapons. With so many weapons and a huge cast it might become a clusterfuck though.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I chased WoL's EX. I spent all of my tickets I collected and exhausted the tickets the anniversary events gave out (about 120 tickets in total) and spent all of my gems (roughly 20k). The last 5k pull I finally got his EX. I also got enough of both Cait Sith's weapons to MLB them both no problem. I also got a few of Penelo's 35cp weapon.

I LOVE Beatrix, but it looks like I'll have to wait for her next banner to get anything for her. Shame, really.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
As I suspected, the numbers for Beatrix are out and she doesn't look particularly amazing. Super low skill uses (4 on Saints Cloth (!) and 7 on Thunder Slash), Saints Cloth is horrible and her EX is slow and weaker than Tidus' EX on multiple targets.

Won't play nice with the meta atm (Cait + Selphie) due to her framed buffs on herself.

It looks like the best option for her is to ignore Saints Cloth completely and spam Thunder Slash and HP Attack+ at every opportune moment. Thunder Slash is actually great and the only thing on her kit worth having.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If the upcoming awakening batch is the same then yeah, Vincent for me too since I don't have the 35CP for the other characters.

Edit : we really need Eidojas already, I can't get a single class change boost** for WoL and I probably already bought 500+ artefacts for him.

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Krile 35cp, Beatrix 15cp, Terra 15cp on free pull.
50 tickets 'till first gold...Terra 15cp. Yeah, gonna stop there.

*edit*
Hours later, dropped tickets to get WoL's EX..got it 10..day redeemed!

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Grabbed Beatrix's and Krile's 35cp off the free pull, pretty happy that I got stuff I didn't already have since Terra has long been maxed.
Yo is anyone on iOS just getting a white screen after tapping at the title screen?
I've had this before. Not sure what causes it but force closing the app and restarting usually fixes it for me.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Free pull Beatrix 15 tidus 15 (mlb tidus 15 now)

Two tickets later Beatrix 35 cp. extremely pleased with these results. Now all I need to chase is her ex!!!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like this EX stage is insane, judging by early reddit comments.
Only got Krile's 15 on the free multi.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Everyone pulling for Beatrix, while I'm still fishing for Cait's 35.

Meanwhile, WoL decides to throw 2 more copies of his EX at me.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, it's not that hard, just a bit too long, good luck reaching that 190k score for the 500 gems though.
Only managed to do 132k with WoL / Terra / Selphie, Squall friend. I'll wait for strats before trying again.

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Got her EX on tickets thankfully! No 35cp yet after three multi's but at least her 15cp is MLB. Hopefully I can eventually pull it since Beatrix is my favorite IX character.