• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got Beatrix' 35CP on the free pull. Even though she's Baetrix, I'm not sure if she's worth the investment.

Still trying to get Cait's 35CP.. I've gotten 3 WoL 35CP's after MLB'ing it earlier using power stones :(

I can't get the required score for the Rancor EX, I feel like Cait's necessarily to complete it lol

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Got Beatrix' 35CP on the free pull. Even though she's Baetrix, I'm not sure if she's worth the investment.

Still trying to get Cait's 35CP.. I've gotten 3 WoL 35CP's after MLB'ing it earlier using power stones :(

I can't get the required score for the Rancor EX, I feel like Cait's necessarily to complete it lol

Nah it's not.

Standard meta team of Squall + Selphie + Friend Squall + someone good is enough.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
As much as I like WoL (I have everything of his myself with perfect artifacts), because of how scoring works in this game, tanks will never be the first option for hitting those bonus missions.

For a clear sure, they make it easy. But the meta revolves around turn efficiency, so the usual suspects are always going to win, unless they give WoL the ability to HP attack after Shining Shield and if his Captain America move does 3 hits with higher potency.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
jYnR6en.png
https://i.imgur.com/jYnR6en.png

First attempt, need to do some tweaking, but seems pretty doable. Team was Terra, Vaan, Selphie w/Friend Beatrix. Summon was Bahamut.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, there it is

0afdc59e-5208-48e0-afu5jzh.png

Reddit saying Cait / Selphie / Terra / Squall friend and summon at wave 2, used the same strat but with Beatrix friend instead of Squall.
My Terra don't have her EX.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need to do some red and blue crystal farming for Cait and Beatrix now (and thankfully I have enough high shards to get both to 60). I'll see if I can do a few more tickets and one more pull in the hopes of getting Beatrix's 35CP.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I did it...... but it took 70k gems and ALL OF MY TICKETS I feel so pissed off right now but it's only natural because this is a gacha and not everyone gets lucky. I went too hard on the banner but I had to tell myself that I love Beatrix and it's global first. I really really need her ex and I have 40+ powerstones so there was no possible way i'd be passing on an MLB EX here.

I literally mlb'd every single weapon on this banner despite my terra being mlb already. I had nothing from Krile and got all her stuff mlb and same with Beatrix everything mlb. I feel like my luck was too terrible and I have no idea how I will save right now but one thing is for sure... I was so happy when the EX popped up after endless frustration with my pulls. I told myself that this game will bite me in the arse.... free tidus and squall ex on tickets and two terra ex on tickets. That was unbelievable luck but it wont be kind in the future. UGH I have no idea how I will amass enough gems worth of pulls for the next ex I want. One thing is for sure though..... I went too hard on the Beatrix banner... sometimes I was pulling and asking why I did it. Gacha is so addicting sometimes.... If they bring Garnet's ex next around the corner I may sadly have to skip it.... or get incredibly lucky with tickets.

KJbPwOs.png

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I would do anything for my favorites as well, and I know Gachas can be brutal which made me into an hoarder lol.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I did it...... but it took 70k gems and ALL OF MY TICKETS I feel so pissed off right now but it's only natural because this is a gacha and not everyone gets lucky. I went too hard on the banner but I had to tell myself that I love Beatrix and it's global first. I really really need her ex and I have 40+ powerstones so there was no possible way i'd be passing on an MLB EX here.

I literally mlb'd every single weapon on this banner despite my terra being mlb already. I had nothing from Krile and got all her stuff mlb and same with Beatrix everything mlb. I feel like my luck was too terrible and I have no idea how I will save right now but one thing is for sure... I was so happy when the EX popped up after endless frustration with my pulls. I told myself that this game will bite me in the arse.... free tidus and squall ex on tickets and two terra ex on tickets. That was unbelievable luck but it wont be kind in the future. UGH I have no idea how I will amass enough gems worth of pulls for the next ex I want. One thing is for sure though..... I went too hard on the Beatrix banner... sometimes I was pulling and asking why I did it. Gacha is so addicting sometimes.... If they bring Garnet's ex next around the corner I may sadly have to skip it.... or get incredibly lucky with tickets.

KJbPwOs.png

Garnets EX is coming on the 14th. It's in the global calendar. Start scrambling for gems/tickets.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I got Beatrix EX off the free roll. I don't have her 35 and not sure if I want to chase it. It's only my second EX but I'd rather save my gems and tickets for some upcoming characters I do like. Idk. Feels like a waste since you need all three weapons for a character to be useable. :/

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly I get it considering I blew 75k on Selphie/Squall EX banner and used all my tickets to try and get a second so I didn't have to power stone it. It's tough at first knowing you've used all resources to get something you really want but it still is worth it to me and I generally look at the fact there is people who go beyond that and still don't get what they want. This game is mostly worth getting stuff for characters or series you love.

You will also most likely build back resources fairly quickly as it didn't take me very long to go from like 2k gems to 100k especially if you haven't cleared all story easy/hard mode and we have the bonuses for dailies which are great. Just make sure to do every single new event/artifact/summon. The artifact stages all give gems so completing each once before they go is the best thing to do.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, been my experience too. Pull for characters of some interest but not a favorite, get their EX in a few tickets or gem pulls. Actual favorite, GG stash. Most of the EX's I got were within 10-100 tickets excluding Y'shtola's. Terra, an actual favorite, 70k+ Gems. NO regret though, haha. Though, do expect the next EX that will cost me lots (stash wise) will be Celes EX.

Did another run, cleaned it up quite a bit over the last. Same team/setup.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I got Beatrix EX off the free roll. I don't have her 35 and not sure if I want to chase it. It's only my second EX but I'd rather save my gems and tickets for some upcoming characters I do like. Idk. Feels like a waste since you need all three weapons for a character to be useable. :/
Yeah, it's tough when they release a new character with an EX. I got Noctis' EX way back when but didn't have enough power stones to max all three of his weapons and he's been sitting on the bench since. I'm going to pass on chasing Beatrix's EX for this reason. I like her but between Cait Sith and WoL's 35cp/EX I don't have any power stones left. :(

At least with getting the EX though you can still buy her 35cp from the token exchange if you change your mind after her event is gone and want to max her.

Congrats on getting it! I totally get the pull of gacha and it can really play tricks on you. I've gone nuts spending gems/tickets for my favorites too but these games wouldn't be as fun to play as they are if you couldn't use the characters you love so it's worth it to me in the end. Whenever I do miss something I wanted though, like Terra's EX, I just remind myself it'll come back around eventually so if you miss Garnet's, there's always the potential EX token exchange in the future if we get it in global. And like Wazzy said with the anniversary bonuses and all the upcoming events you'll build your stash back in no time. :)

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beatrix's 35CP continues to elude me, so I'll probably just get it through the token shop once I have enough to buy it. That, and eventually Cait Sith's 35CP since I couldn't get that through the banner either.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stopping intensive artefact farming until eidojas come out, it's really soul sucking for no rewards. Yeah I still can't get any Class Change Boost** >.<

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Still haven't been able to get 165K on the Rancor EX, I've gotten 163K like 3 times.

I got Cait's 35CP from a ticket so I might fully MLB him just to get the 500 gems lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Honestly I get it considering I blew 75k on Selphie/Squall EX banner and used all my tickets to try and get a second so I didn't have to power stone it. It's tough at first knowing you've used all resources to get something you really want but it still is worth it to me and I generally look at the fact there is people who go beyond that and still don't get what they want. This game is mostly worth getting stuff for characters or series you love.

You will also most likely build back resources fairly quickly as it didn't take me very long to go from like 2k gems to 100k especially if you haven't cleared all story easy/hard mode and we have the bonuses for dailies which are great. Just make sure to do every single new event/artifact/summon. The artifact stages all give gems so completing each once before they go is the best thing to do.

Yeah, I understand that the game is very friendly with resources but the problem sometimes is that they do banners that i'm interested in back to back. Beatrix was unexpected and I was planning my gems for both Garnet and Celes EX and Beatrix messed with that. I'm very happy she was released but yeah. I'm just so glad this anniversary is giving 500 gems per day for dailies!

Congrats on getting it! I totally get the pull of gacha and it can really play tricks on you. I've gone nuts spending gems/tickets for my favorites too but these games wouldn't be as fun to play as they are if you couldn't use the characters you love so it's worth it to me in the end. Whenever I do miss something I wanted though, like Terra's EX, I just remind myself it'll come back around eventually so if you miss Garnet's, there's always the potential EX token exchange in the future if we get it in global. And like Wazzy said with the anniversary bonuses and all the upcoming events you'll build your stash back in no time. :)

Yeah, the EX token thing is awhile away but it's a really nice pity system, imo. I'm not sure if you can hoard the currency in the JP version though. I hope it's not the case that you have to get 300 tokens for an ex before the banner ends cause that would suck. Of course there's also that one ex exchange shop too which is nice.

Still haven't been able to get 165K on the Rancor EX, I've gotten 163K like 3 times.

I got Cait's 35CP from a ticket so I might fully MLB him just to get the 500 gems lol

I am having trouble getting max score on Reminiscent ex part 1. The highest I can get is 170k which is cool I guess.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Beatrix EX seems really challenging but since I have MLB Beatrix I utterly obliterated it. Beatrix/Terra/Selphie all mlb both ex and Beatrix friend 215k score. Beatrix is so amazing lol but if I didn't have her I'd not clear this. The boss hits extremely hard and can one shot. She also has insane max bravery. I can't imagine shaving it off without my setup.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Next batch of awakenings are a slight change from the JP schedule.

Jecht (red)
Faris (blue)
Fujin (green)
Vincent (white)
Sabin (black)
Tifa (yellow)

Wish they'd shifted Papalymo up instead of Jecht. I'll be awakening Vincent and Tifa, possibly Faris if I can scrounge up enough high blue shards for her.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well I have Jecht weapons MLB because of Lilisette so I'll awaken him.
Also hoping for Vaan EX.

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Probably going to awaken Vincent/Jecht.

I've used up all my blue high shards awakening Cait/Laguna/Cloud/Zidane lol but that should be it for blue high shards I think.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yeah, curious as to which EXs will feature with the awakenings. Vaan's would be amazing but resources are def tight right now.

Excited for Aerith tonight though! Will awaken her for sure too. Lots of VII characters movin' on up this round.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Question.

Do you guys have AE setups that you use for farming crystals or any thing like that? I was leveling Seifer and Cait Sith up today abs watching their AE destroy everything and wondered what you all usually do.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm lazy (most of the time) auto battle: triple caster or Terra/Vaan/Selphie

Legit farming: Squall, rest don't matter much at all.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Oh, also wanted to add, thanks to all this double-everything we're getting right now.

I've jumped through some ranks going from 280'ish to 315 or so. It's helped to replenish the gems I spent on Beatrix. A "complete" on 100ex still eludes me, although I can do 70/80/90 difficulty levels ok.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Question.

Do you guys have AE setups that you use for farming crystals or any thing like that? I was leveling Seifer and Cait Sith up today abs watching their AE destroy everything and wondered what you all usually do.
I auto battle with my three strongest, favorite characters 80% of the time. So Cloud, Terra, and Tidus.

The rest of the time, when I'm paying attention, I usually bring in some peeps I haven't leveled to try them out or play with different comps/skills. Squall Renzo is fast but super boring so I don't bother with it much.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm super glad Vincent is getting an awakening, even though I don't really have his weapons, I went all in on beatrix and I'm sure he'll prove an amazing fit...

But thank god we're getting Jecht!!! You can pull for love, and you can pull for meta, and right now I'm in a sublimely magnificent loving mood right now!

Anybody have any favorites in the new awakening that'll mix well with their teams?

Edit: just looked up Jecht's JP info regarding his awakening and his EX weapon, and I guess I want him to never leave my party. He overflows like a blitzball arena, even on his basic BRV attack, he has a single useful self buff, that ties together with the team I'm going for, AND his EX, when it eventually comes, both is a really cool axe, and it's passive is called "clumsy love."

It's a great thing when a character you want is good! Unfortunately no debuff ability, but lot's of damage is what this game is all about anyway!

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
So I've been leveling Jecht and realized his standard brave attack is a barefooted kick to his enemy's face.

I've changed my mind....for that alone he deserves awakening.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Apparently Ramza EX and Onion Knight EX are going to be up. They sure are going all out on these ex banners when people have no gems, lmao. Thankfully I'm not interested in those.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, safe skip for me then, kinda glad but I fear Vaan will get his EX too late, I guess I'll try to get Quistis's instead.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
bro

hmm I'd like a Ramza EX but it's definitely not necessary.

I'll maybe do 10 tickets on the banner.

I had a game plan with Ramza's EX, since it gives a framed debuff, but after Beatrix and Cait Sith (mostly Cait Sith) I don't really have room for him in my current party. Here's hoping we all get lucky on the free pulls, just in case we want these characters in the future!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Anniversary Draw 2:
D. Cecil 35cp
Serah 15cp

Missing two 35cp's on the banner, and got one of em...closer to MLB'ing Serah's 15cp too.

Aerith LC 1/2 gem:
Shadow 35cp
Steiner 15cp
Balthier 15cp

Mostly for powerstones, so ended up with 2 and a new 35cp.

Lotsa leveling and content to do in the next few days.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
The new EX quest was really easy for me compared to the last advent. I now have 85 tickets.... wow and to think I had 0 after pulling beatrix ex the other day. Saving all these tickets for Garnet EX/Celes EX if rng praises me. Also got another Squall 35 cp off the new free draw so that's cool.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This new free draw didn't really do anything for me, considering I have all of the weapons already. Got D. Cecil's 15CP and Bartz's 35CP. With the tokens we now have from the event quest I'll probably use them for Layle's 35CP at least, not sure on the second weapon.

Out of this awakening batch, Jecht and Vincent are the only two that are really appealing to me.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Disappinted that Zell got moved off the batch for Jecht so now my red crystals will have to wait. I just want Seifer or Zell to get their awakening so I don't have to conserve as much lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Disappinted that Zell got moved off the batch for Jecht so now my red crystals will have to wait. I just want Seifer or Zell to get their awakening so I don't have to conserve as much lol
There is speculations about Zell being awakened for Garnet's LC next week, just like how Steiner/Shadow got their with Aerith.