• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I used a handful of tickets from the Leon co-op on his banner....and pulled Firion's EX. This is probably the one time I was disappointed in an EX since I was hoping for his 35cp instead. Plus his EX seems pretty awful all around but on the upside it's better than a dupe!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I used a handful of tickets from the Leon co-op on his banner....and pulled Firion's EX. This is probably the one time I was disappointed in an EX since I was hoping for his 35cp instead. Plus his EX seems pretty awful all around but on the upside it's better than a dupe!

I've pulled 4 EX from tickets and 2 from 70k+ gems..... those tickets seem to be luckier sometimes.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

It's a shame how underwhelming Firion is in this game, at least for now, since he was so much fun in the original Dissidia games!

I would have thought he would have been an Drain HP Tank with counterattacks or something given the infamous HP attack he had that was a shield that launched practically unavoidable magic attacks if you hit it.

I loved how you could launch a very easily blocked magic attack that tracked forever, then when it was reflected back at you you'd just use it to easily trigger the amazing shield attack, so much fun!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Firion EX does seem pretty weak even in its synergy coop battle.
I guess it has a quick recast to make up for Firion's low skill uses.

Last edited:

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth throwing a few tickets at the banner with Onion Knight's EX? Just started so I'm not sure how good it is.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I'll hold onto them then. I would just pull for my favorite characters when they're on a banner, but I imagine my favorites aren't actually that good. And I don't know how to find out who's considered good and who isn't unless I bug you guys or people on reddit, so I'll probably just hoard gems for a while.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
From reddit, Altema rankings broken down by what content was out. Were right around April 25th:

https://old.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFF...ng_back_at_altema_rankings_jp_ranking_at_the/

Far future:

https://altema.jp/dffoo/saikyo-611

Gets easier to judge for yourself once ya get a hold of the mechanics. Depending on what content you wanna take on, can basically ignore rankings too. Also, take into account characters in this game are in a pretty constant cycle ranking wise due to awakenings, reworks, their EX being released, etc.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well, small checkmark on the list complete today. (Sorta)

All my characters are leveled to 50 now, with about 6 or 7 leveled to 60. Will keep going. Unfortunately, this only brings me to rank 398. I believe I currently only have 77 Allies, but thank goodness for Lost Chapter Releases.

Next immediate task, Farm Carbuncle weapon/armor materials until everything is maxed there.

Then after that, farm Crystals and Summons I guess.

So much to do, so much to do.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
From reddit, Altema rankings broken down by what content was out. Were right around April 25th:

https://old.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFF...ng_back_at_altema_rankings_jp_ranking_at_the/

Far future:

https://altema.jp/dffoo/saikyo-611

Gets easier to judge for yourself once ya get a hold of the mechanics. Depending on what content you wanna take on, can basically ignore rankings too. Also, take into account characters in this game are in a pretty constant cycle ranking wise due to awakenings, reworks, their EX being released, etc.

Thanks for that. I'll use that as a rough guide going forward. Kind of boggles my mind that characters like Cait Sith and Selphie are currently top-tier, but I like it. I figured the most popular characters would be the ones who got the best powers.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Thanks for that. I'll use that as a rough guide going forward. Kind of boggles my mind that characters like Cait Sith and Selphie are currently top-tier, but I like it. I figured the most popular characters would be the ones who got the best powers.

Well Cloud seems to follow the same pattern as FFRK, as in Cloud was the first to get an EX, one of the first to be level 60, etc. Same as in FFRK Cloud was first to get a Burst Soul Break, and then when he got an Ultra Soul Break, it was game changing damage-cap-removing type stuff.

But ya the rest, it seems really random. They either don't foresee some of the characters being as strong as they end up being, or they just continue to make the latest releases stronger than the previous, and who is ever due up for a LC, or first appearance benefits.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

First rule of gatcha using established franchises.

Most popular characters get stuff first, but the stuff they get is usually shit/okay (people $$$ for favourites)

Developer throws curve balls by making less popular characters much better (people regret pulling for favourites but want to stay competitive, more $$$ used)

At the end of the day, it's all about how you can manipulate people to giving them as much $$$ as possible.

You should never forget that unless you're rolling in disposable income

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I mean we don't have to deal with hurricanes, earthquakes and other natural disasters

Not to mention the weather is great all year round.

.... Maybe?

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yeah, it's a shame about Vaan's EX. Seems like he never really got his chance to shine, which is not to say he isn't still good but with new characters and kits moving in and other characters like Papalymo getting awakened soon, that'll fill some of Vaan's shoes. I'll probably still make a run for his EX when it does show because I do like the guy.

I've pulled 4 EX from tickets and 2 from 70k+ gems..... those tickets seem to be luckier sometimes.
I'm up to I think eight EXs now and only got Cloud's and Bea's from banner pulls so I'm a little more superstitious that all my luck lies in tickets too. Although I also tend to spend tickets more freely than gems so that shifts the odds in that sense as well.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I mean we don't have to deal with hurricanes, earthquakes and other natural disasters

Not to mention the weather is great all year round.

.... Maybe?

Oh I would love to visit Australia. Every game I've played with Aussies (in MMOs) they always sound like they are having a party that day. Always so happy/carefree like a "fuck it, lets do this" attitude. Hard to explain.

I more meant, like is the salaries higher... Just was curious. No real point.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Salaries are good in comparison to the quality of life for the average Australian.

We get absolutely screwed in terms of technology and by extension GaaS/gatcha models though. Way too expensive for games/electronics/pay TV here.

Probably for the best.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the day, it's all about how you can manipulate people to giving them as much $$$ as possible.

Yeah, I know that all too well. I'd like to focus on some characters who are still good even without their EX weapons so that I don't have to go broke chasing EXs, but I imagine that's incredibly rare if it even exists. I guess Cait Sith and Selphie are supposed to be that now, but I don't know how long that will last. I wonder if this game will ever implement a mercy pull system like Kingdom Hearts UX has.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Yeah, I know that all too well. I'd like to focus on some characters who are still good even without their EX weapons so that I don't have to go broke chasing EXs, but I imagine that's incredibly rare if it even exists. I guess Cait Sith and Selphie are supposed to be that now, but I don't know how long that will last. I wonder if this game will ever implement a mercy pull system like Kingdom Hearts UX has.

Long story short, they will, but once we get crazier difficulty.

They have been steadily ramping up to the systems the JP version had built to make accessing the more difficult content more possible for newer players and the less lucky.

The one you're looking forward to will likely come with the next difficulty mode, Cosmos, which IS mercy pull, in a way, where spending gems on high value banners for hard events will grant you tokens that let you straight up buy the EX of the banner if you do it enough, which given an extra copy of a character's EX is necessary for when they get their EX+, SUUUPER far away but still important, you'll likely want to do it if you don't get two EX's anyway, if it's a character you like or find already very useful.

you might as well save up around the time that stuff starts happening, because I think it's either for an absolutely ludicrous amount of gems, like 75000, or that EX's are the most expensive option at around that much investment.

Either way, I'd say that the awakenings have made putting characters on the same playing field already much much easier without weapons, as long as you are careful with you high shard investments. Nothing wrong with fully investing in you're favorites, just keep in mind that it costs you 275 high shards to do it.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
In KHUX, it started out being either a 5-pull mercy or 10-pull mercy, depending on what was being offered. Standard pulls are 3000 jewels, so you'd be out either 15,000 jewels or 30,000 jewels. You can buy 14,700 jewels for $100, so that's what the prices look like. Recently, they've started making 2 different versions of the same banner, and the banner with the mercy pull is only available to people who buy the VIP that week, which is $15. It gets scummier the longer the game goes on, which is why I'm considering dropping it altogether and replacing it with this.

I think I'm just going to sit on my gems for a very long time. I don't want to take this nearly as seriously as I did KHUX, so if I can just get through story mode, I'll be alright for a while.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
In KHUX, it started out being either a 5-pull mercy or 10-pull mercy, depending on what was being offered. Standard pulls are 3000 jewels, so you'd be out either 15,000 jewels or 30,000 jewels. You can buy 14,700 jewels for $100, so that's what the prices look like. Recently, they've started making 2 different versions of the same banner, and the banner with the mercy pull is only available to people who buy the VIP that week, which is $15. It gets scummier the longer the game goes on, which is why I'm considering dropping it altogether and replacing it with this.

I think I'm just going to sit on my gems for a very long time. I don't want to take this nearly as seriously as I did KHUX, so if I can just get through story mode, I'll be alright for a while.

I did this, very well in fact (for me) and was up to like 60-65k gems or something, and then they released the first EX and I went crazy getting him all MLB'ed. Haven't built a stash above 20k since.... which is much more my pattern.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
On another note,

Thread Question:

What have you seen or experienced in the JP version that you're excited to see in Global?

I'm BEYOND ready for Yuna's EX to show up, it's a massive game changer for her kit, and it's really really cool.

Two words, Grand Summon.

You get to summon the first Aeon of FFX, Valefor, and it totally changes up her focus from supportive buffs, dispels and battery, to both single and AOE Brv to HP attacks, while only changing her standard commands! She also provides a party wide framed buff for Brv Regen, an attack and Max Brv boost in a framed buff for herself, and using her EX again refreshes the EX buffs, effectively giving her unlimited longevity for offence.

What are you looking forward to?

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I did this, very well in fact (for me) and was up to like 60-65k gems or something, and then they released the first EX and I went crazy getting him all MLB'ed. Haven't built a stash above 20k since.... which is much more my pattern.
This is me too lol. I think the most gems I've ever had was about 50K. 20K-25K is more my comfort zone. I'm too easily tempted to pull when that number gets high.

And other than gear for my number 1 fav, who I've been lucky with so far, I don't know that I would chase anything beyond a 20K threshold anyway. Four pulls is probs my max. Just too many dupes after that.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Eidojas.

Because artifact farming has me on the cusp of quitting the game

Lord almighty, I'm with you there. I'll never forget hunting down Continent's Finest ** these last few days, and only managing to find TWO after spending one and a half Gillion. I lucked out on a good double during it, but not a third one. I'm waiting for Edoja's as well.

For those not in the know, right now with Edoga's it's roughly a 10% chance to get a single orange, 1% to get two oranges, and an infinitesimally small fraction of THAT to get the best unique passives on certain characters.

With Eodoja's it's 50% for an orange and 10% for doubles. Don't stress yourself, it's not worth the trouble. Spend it on the Cycle Quests or Summon Materials for Summons you want or need to finish completing for an event.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
On another note,

Thread Question:

What have you seen or experienced in the JP version that you're excited to see in Global?

I'm BEYOND ready for Yuna's EX to show up, it's a massive game changer for her kit, and it's really really cool.

Two words, Grand Summon.

You get to summon the first Aeon of FFX, Valefor, and it totally changes up her focus from supportive buffs, dispels and battery, to both single and AOE Brv to HP attacks, while only changing her standard commands! She also provides a party wide framed buff for Brv Regen, an attack and Max Brv boost in a framed buff for herself, and using her EX again refreshes the EX buffs, effectively giving her unlimited longevity for offence.

What are you looking forward to?

The exact same thing as you cause Yuna is my favourite FF character!!!

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
FF VIII character alert Wazzy

Looks like her EX give her 3 free turns, I guess it's fitting haha.

She looks fun! I knew she was coming since they announced her on the anniversary. I was hoping for Seifer to get his EX since I want him to become overpowered lmao

I'm curious what the conversation says. Maybe Opera Omnia will actually touch a bit on Ultimecia's background and feelings.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Anniversary Draw 4: 2 Powerstones.

Catharsis EX: Everything is tanky. 114K using Selphie/Squall/Cait/Friend Squall w/Bahamut summon. Was easy overall, just lots of HP to burn through. Summoning Bahamut BEFORE you finish the 4th wave is advised. Anniversary Tokens used on Lilisette's 35cp and Yuna's 35cp.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Damn it I got 3 15 cps on the free draw which I all already had. Lightning, Firion, and Ashe......

.....wow Ultimecia looks great! Yet another ex to plan for next year haha.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was a great free pull. Got Ashe and Serah's 35cp's, both weapons that I didn't have before, as well as Lightning's 15cp which was also new. This also saves me from having to pick Serah's 35cp through the anniversary token shop, I might go for Laguna or Jecht's instead.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Another 5k gems managed due to last Reminisce fights.

One more pull for Garnets EX

Zell 15/11

Thats 75k gems now and fuck knows how many tickets

Ahffjksbwkxbfksnakxbfns

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Well, that was a great free pull. Got Ashe and Serah's 35cp's, both weapons that I didn't have before, as well as Lightning's 15cp which was also new. This also saves me from having to pick Serah's 35cp through the anniversary token shop, I might go for Laguna or Jecht's instead.

Laguna is MADE by his 35cp, as much as I adore Jecht, he isn't the all-rounder that Laguna is. if you want somebody who can debuff and battery and shave at the same time, and then give everyone a Max Brv boost while debuffing attack and doing a AOE Brv-Hp attack that has the Hp portion be single target, then by all means, mess with the best!

Jecht rocks too, he just needs a little more help to destroy the competition. Laguna is a perfect all-rounder, so I recommend Laguna.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Tidus for the win in Catharsis. His debuffs and EX were putting in all sorts of work on that fight. Rounded out my comp with Cait and Selphie, Bahamut summon, Bea friend, 114K.

Also got an Ashe 15cp from the freebie which was nice since I had her 35 but not her 15. Was gonna try to awaken her but the struggle is real for blue high shards so not yet.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got another Ashe 35CP from the free pull.

What are you guys going to get with your tokens from the reminiscence event?

I'm thinking.. Wakka 35CP since it's eluded me for a while and I've heard his awakening is good. I'm split between Yuna 35CP & DKC 35CP since I have DKC 15CP MLB but I kind of want Yuna's.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
What are you guys going to get with your tokens from the reminiscence event?
I was just going through my selection process on this, narrowing it down to characters for which I have a 15cp weapon and no 35cp. I think I'm going to go with Layle and Lilisette, because everyone seems so excited about both long term.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up Layle and Galuf, I already had all the 35CP I wanted so I just used the tokens to help me MLB them.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm thinking I'll pick up Firion's 35cp since I got his EX earlier. It's not a very exciting choice but I feel like I have most of the other stuff I need/want. Whether or not any of it's MLB is another story...

So yeah, the second will probably be another copy of Tifa's 35cp to creep that closer to max.

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
Ashe 35 CP from the free pull. Happy with it since she's the only one of the three I actually have, though I've barely used her since all my blue crystals went into Cloud.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Laguna is MADE by his 35cp, as much as I adore Jecht, he isn't the all-rounder that Laguna is. if you want somebody who can debuff and battery and shave at the same time, and then give everyone a Max Brv boost while debuffing attack and doing a AOE Brv-Hp attack that has the Hp portion be single target, then by all means, mess with the best!

Jecht rocks too, he just needs a little more help to destroy the competition. Laguna is a perfect all-rounder, so I recommend Laguna.
Thanks for the recommendation, but I already spent the tokens on Vaan's 35cp, which I could never pull whenever it was featured on a banner.

I had really thought about it and realized I didn't need Laguna, and I'd rather pull for Jecht's weapons whenever Lulu's banner comes around in the future.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I just beat the Diablos last fight on second try. I got all the extra requirements including beating it on exactly 70th turn but got 67k instead of 75k. I took 7 breaks even though no deaths. I wouldn't be able to do this stuff without Y'sh EX. Thing is great.

Team was Cloud, Y'sh, Cait Sith.
Friend was Tidus ex. Cait Sith was doing 34k hits until Toy Soldier ran out. He worked well with Y'sh. (I missed out on Selphie stuff).

Does this d100 considered equal to the event 100ex? Or is it a step/tier easier?

Leveled Diablos to 15. Now going to go back and grind the other Summons a little until bored. Threw the 5 tickets I won at Ramza EX but no dice. Just trying to collect since already got Garnet, Firion, and Onion EX.