• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Haven't even started Leon's event yet but finally caught up. World of illusions Diablos done, Soaring Phoenix co op done.... My resources right now are 60k gems and 85 tickets. Saving everything for Celes EX since she's the next character EX I want. I mean if Prishe comes I may skip her.... as much as I'd like to chase two ex it's really not a good idea with limited supplies.

I just beat the Diablos last fight on second try. I got all the extra requirements including beating it on exactly 70th turn but got 67k instead of 75k. I took 7 breaks even though no deaths. I wouldn't be able to do this stuff without Y'sh EX. Thing is great.

Team was Cloud, Y'sh, Cait Sith.
Friend was Tidus ex. Cait Sith was doing 34k hits until Toy Soldier ran out. He worked well with Y'sh. (I missed out on Selphie stuff).

Does this d100 considered equal to the event 100ex? Or is it a step/tier easier?

Leveled Diablos to 15. Now going to go back and grind the other Summons a little until bored. Threw the 5 tickets I won at Ramza EX but no dice. Just trying to collect since already got Garnet, Firion, and Onion EX.

The world of illusions EX are much easier content than EX from events. Eventually though I believe we will get Ultimate world of illusions where we fight the actual summons instead of their minions so that will be much harder. Level cap will be raised for each summon to 30 each world of illusions ultimate.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Whew, I almost missed out on completing the awakened characters WoI event, until I saw the posts above and checked that tab. There have been so many WoI events lately and somehow I missed that one was expiring today and I hadn't completed it yet! So yeah, FYI, keep your eyes on those WoI events so you don't miss out on gems!

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
It feels bad not being able to get enough tokens from the Reminiscence event. The max I can get is 7 tokens, so I won't even be able to pull two of the weaker weapons, much less one of the best ones. Guess that's what I get for not starting months ago.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
After taking too long to grind for ramza's EX, I ended up almost fully MLBing Fujin's kit, and the fact that she can enchant and provide weakness for wind intrigues me! I already love my Garnet and Beatrix combo for that, but does anyone have any advice on how Fujin could fit into a non-elemental or Wind party? She seems like she could become pretty good in the right circumstances!

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
After taking too long to grind for ramza's EX, I ended up almost fully MLBing Fujin's kit, and the fact that she can enchant and provide weakness for wind intrigues me! I already love my Garnet and Beatrix combo for that, but does anyone have any advice on how Fujin could fit into a non-elemental or Wind party? She seems like she could become pretty good in the right circumstances!

Current wind DPS

Sabin
Fujin
Vaan

Upcoming wind DPS

Shantotto (exceptional rework)

Use Sylph. Use supports where necessary

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Current wind DPS

Sabin
Fujin
Vaan

Upcoming wind DPS

Shantotto (exceptional rework)

Use Sylph. Use supports where necessary

Thanks! I'd also like to mention, since she enchants the party with wind, and imperils the opponent, she basically gives any non elemental character a 50% damage boost!

That's what I like about Garnet, she mesh's well with Cait Sith in that way.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing to do aside from farm Eidogas (which is hell on earth)

Dead game

Noooo, don't tell me that. I was hoping this would be what could help me escape from KHUX and its continually worse business practices. I guess every game eventually runs out of content or runs low on it, but farming those things doesn't sound like even remotely a good time.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Noooo, don't tell me that. I was hoping this would be what could help me escape from KHUX and its continually worse business practices. I guess every game eventually runs out of content or runs low on it, but farming those things doesn't sound like even remotely a good time.

I think he's being sarcastic lol. Also, content for Opera Omnia comes out very fast so you dont need to worry about anything.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle

If you've watched Adept post over the years, he is hyperbolic for both good and bad, and at times often amusing with it. He's serious, but only serious regarding "dead game for him". There is plenty to do. It also seems to be coming into its own, so its probably having it's best financial year yet.

Adept, farms everything to insane numbers (he has servants at his house who are almost like bots with their farming). He's also mad at game at the moment. Unless he's giving advice, ignore anything else he says. (lol).

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Adept, farms everything to insane numbers (he has servants at his house who are almost like bots with their farming). He's also mad at game at the moment. Unless he's giving advice, ignore anything else he says. (lol).

My kittens are my farm bots. After showing them Yshtola, they developed an affinity to playing on my device with her in the party and now farm all the tedious stuff for me.

It's how I have 9999 of all the crystal colours sans high shards.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the point in the story mode now where I just had to use 100 gems to continue and then complete a battle. And then I was okay for a while, but now I'm in some 4 stage battle up against 2 marlboros in the 2nd wave, and I had to use the friend summon just to get through that. Is this when I'm supposed to start dumping gems into banners to try and get better gear so I can complete this stuff, or do I just pay out the gems to continue so I can get through these levels that are way above me?

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I'm at the point in the story mode now where I just had to use 100 gems to continue and then complete a battle. And then I was okay for a while, but now I'm in some 4 stage battle up against 2 marlboros in the 2nd wave, and I had to use the friend summon just to get through that. Is this when I'm supposed to start dumping gems into banners to try and get better gear so I can complete this stuff, or do I just pay out the gems to continue so I can get through these levels that are way above me?

It's like FFRK, don't ever use gems to continue. Total waste.

I just blew through the story modes for normal and hard the last couple of months and didn't have any trouble so post what you have and what you are doing.

You may be "doing it wrong" somehow.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
FINALLY completed Reminiscence Advent. I stubbornly refused to clear it without Cloud and Vaan but I couldn't break 199K. Finally completed it with those two plus Selphie and a Bea friend with a 220K score. Annnnd that's it! Everything's done until Auron returns!

Yeah definitely don't spend gems on story mode; you'll go broke. If you can't beat it, come back to it later. Story mode rewards aren't going anywhere so take your time, there's no rush. Unless you're gunning to unlock a character, but you should have a few good ones by now so I'd work on them.

I'd suggest spending some time in the cycle quests leveling up if you haven't yet. I know you have a Terra with her 35cp. She's a GREAT character to focus on. I'd try to get her as high as you can with leveling in the green cycle quests, and then two others you have affinity or high level gear for. If you have a friend who has Squall up as their friend support (I can change mine to him if you'd like), summon him on the very first turn of the cycle quest, use Renzo, and just keep that up for each wave and you'll clear the quest without ever having to do any work. You can use that strat for low to mid level story mode quests too.

If you hit a wall and just can't get any further without spending or pulling, I'd just take a break. New stuff will be out soon. Auron's Lost Chapter arrives tomorrow along with a WoI event for him and you should be able to clear several of those battles.

Last edited:

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'm certain I'm doing it wrong. Just too new to know another way to do it. And maybe I don't have enough decent gear to get through it.

The 3 best characters I have, and the ones who have blown through the content up until now, are Terra, Beatrix, and Krile. I have Terra's 35 CP and she's my standout character by far. I have Beatrix's 15 CP weapon and 35 CP armor, and Krile's 15 CP weapon and 35 CP armor. Krile's my weakest of those 3, but I don't know who I'd replace her with. The only other 5-star item I have for a current party member is Cloud's Organyx (15 CP). I have one for Serah too, but I don't even have her in my party yet.

The one that stopped me dead was 9-15. It puts you up against standard enemies, then 2 Marlboros (which I had to use my helper and damn near everything to get through), and then more standard enemies, and then an Abyss Worm to end it. I don't see any feasible way I could beat that with who I have now. Even if I had a mutual friend Beatrix that would help me through the Marlboros easier with 2 extra turns, I'd still be drained before I could finish it.

I just didn't want to go spending gems on draws right now because there aren't really any characters I care about. With that said, those characters with draws right now might actually be good, but I don't know who is and who isn't just yet. The thought occurred to me that I should just pay the 100 gems to get through it so that I can get more characters who might be more helpful when I can draw for them, but yeah, I know it's a trap here just like it is in every gatcha.

Edit: Also, I could probably do a little better if I raised my main 3's crystal levels, but I'm hesitant to do that because I don't know how much longer they'll be the main force for getting me through the story, other than Terra who is a lock.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'd swap Cloud in for Krile. Organyx is a great weapon and Cloud has a unique skill - a chance at paralyzing the targeted enemy with Cross Slash for a turn - that is increased in chance by equipping it. It can save you in a pinch plus he's a strong DPS character. Krile is decent but I don't think she's really filling any key role for you right now.

I wouldn't pull on any of the current banners since you don't have a favorite character on them. We're just about due for a new content update, they usually happen near the end of the month, so in a ~week's time we'll have the event calendar for next month out and you can plan a little better for what you might want to go for.

Last edited:

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, thanks. I'll try that. All Krile was really accomplishing was boosting BRV after someone dropped to 0 after an HP attack. Her damage was minimal.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Alright, thanks. I'll try that. All Krile was really accomplishing was boosting BRV after someone dropped to 0 after an HP attack. Her damage was minimal.

I am new and suck so any advice anybody else gives overrides mine, but my first thought was to switch in Cloud also.

Terra is a beast. One of the best. She will stay relevant for you until you go pull crazy.

Crystal level is super important. I guarantee if you get 3 main people to 50/50 and or 60/60 that they will carry you through almost everything not hard.

Also for big fights, maybe use friend support to help you get to boss if needed, then unload with meltdown first, meteor 2nd with all your uses.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I am new and suck so any advice anybody else gives overrides mine, but my first thought was to switch in Cloud also.

Terra is a beast. One of the best. She will stay relevant for you until you go pull crazy.

Crystal level is super important. I guarantee if you get 3 main people to 50/50 and or 60/60 that they will carry you through almost everything not hard.

Also for big fights, maybe use friend support to help you get to boss if needed, then unload with meltdown first, meteor 2nd with all your uses.

Yeah, Meltdown/Meteor is all I had been doing up until that point and it had worked every time pretty easily. But the difficulty spike in 9-15 was absurd compared to what came before. I hate fighting 1 Marlboro bad enough but with 2 of them at once constantly keeping me Bad Breathed, causing me to not being able to hit them half the time, I had to use a friend Beatrix's Climhazzard and 2 Thunder Slashes just to get through them. And that was with my own Beatrix dying during it.
But then I caved and paid the 100 gems to get through it since I knew I'd never get through it normally, and all the content went back to being simple.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Yeah, Meltdown/Meteor is all I had been doing up until that point and it had worked every time pretty easily. But the difficulty spike in 9-15 was absurd compared to what came before. I hate fighting 1 Marlboro bad enough but with 2 of them at once constantly keeping me Bad Breathed, causing me to not being able to hit them half the time, I had to use a friend Beatrix's Climhazzard and 2 Thunder Slashes just to get through them. And that was with my own Beatrix dying during it.
But then I caved and paid the 100 gems to get through it since I knew I'd never get through it normally, and all the content went back to being simple.

There is probably leet strats for Marlboros in this game, but I haven't googled them or asked. I typically just try to kill with everything I have as fast as I can, and if there is two, try my best to keep the other one broke as much as possible. But they are hard still for me too.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I already hit another one I can't get past, quest 9-22 with 5 waves and some giant named Atlas at the end, so I guess I'm going to shut it down for a while. It would be really nice if they let you increase your number of ability uses like in FFRK. Even if I had mutual followers that got me 5 turns, I still don't think I could get through it. I'll just log in every day and do crystal quests on repeat to fill out the dailies.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I already hit another one I can't get past, quest 9-22 with 5 waves and some giant named Atlas at the end, so I guess I'm going to shut it down for a while. It would be really nice if they let you increase your number of ability uses like in FFRK. Even if I had mutual followers that got me 5 turns, I still don't think I could get through it. I'll just log in every day and do crystal quests on repeat to fill out the dailies.

As you raise Crystal level, you will get +1 or so uses. Some characters like say King, gets "Reload" and a bunch of uses upon using ability. Also, some characters start to get stuff like double cast automatically. In other words, things like that do come. Crystal level is SOOOO important. I bet if you did todays daily for just an hour or so (especially if you use double items thing) you would turn someone into a beast. That is, I don't remember what todays color is, vs who you have that would benefit from it. But you can open any color's quest, perhaps consider opening green for Terra, Blue for Cloud. I promise you, you'll see a big difference.

Also, one thing I did before I DID go pull-crazy, was Madvin_a advice to me at the time of "allowing myself" to pull on the half-cost pulls, which I think are once a week.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you leveling up your characters and their crystal levels? That can make a huge difference.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Are you leveling up your characters and their crystal levels? That can make a huge difference.

Yeah, if you're new, I recommend taking some time leveling your current favorites on the cycle quests, since even if you don't get the kactuar, you are still building up your unit's levels and your supply of crystals. The sooner you can max out your character's crystal levels, the more they can do and the easier the content you're having trouble with will get. When you get to 51 on any character, the extra ten levels take more to achieve, but are practically 10 levels each in terms of benefit.

Also, don't be afraid of using your friend summons to make content easier, just remember that since they only stay up for 3 turns, 5 if you mutually follow the person in question, you should save them until the last wave. Lot's of Beatrix's around with their EX weapons, select them. when you summon a friend with an EX attack unlocked, they come out with it fully charged, so depending on the summon, it can be a real game changer!

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I was just coming in here to ask what the most efficient way to level up is. Terra and Beatrix are both 50 because I've been using them through the whole story, but Cloud is just 35. I don't want to go dumping a lot of chocobo feathers into him and others though if there's a better way. All of them are crystal level 30.

Yeah, if you're new, I recommend taking some time leveling your current favorites on the cycle quests, since even if you don't get the kactuar, you are still building up your unit's levels and your supply of crystals. The sooner you can max out your character's crystal levels, the more they can do and the easier the content you're having trouble with will get. When you get to 51 on any character, the extra ten levels take more to achieve, but are practically 10 levels each in terms of benefit.

Also, don't be afraid of using your friend summons to make content easier, just remember that since they only stay up for 3 turns, 5 if you mutually follow the person in question, you should save them until the last wave. Lot's of Beatrix's around with their EX weapons, select them. when you summon a friend with an EX attack unlocked, they come out with it fully charged, so depending on the summon, it can be a real game changer!

I think the only reason I'm able to achieve anything is because of friend EX Beatrixes. I only have 1 mutual follower though, so I hardly ever get to take full advantage of it. I added some people from the Era Google Doc, but I think every one of them except maybe one hadn't played in over 100-200 days.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Feathers are the quickest of course. Otherwise, the quest LV 50 daily cycle quest. Since the anniversary is still going on, on the last wave, you can encounter a flower cactuar (and different music), that gives lots of exp. Can pop an exp book and get a character 1-60 in an hour or so depending on luck. Auto battle lazyness, no book..maybe 2-3 hours.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Cycle quests are the best way to level outside of chocobo feathers. In case you haven't tried them yet, cycle quests are under the events tab; today's quest is white crystals. If you have any cycle quest keys, you can unlock a different color. Blue might be a good option to level Cloud up.

Also, if you have any treasure or experience books, use those for double (technically quadruple due to the bonus right now) the rewards. To use a book, go to Support Items at the top and you'll see them in your menu. You have 30 minutes to farm all that good stuff.

Lastly, farm the Lv 50 battle for max rewards/exp. If you struggle to clear it, try the Squall renzo friend support strategy I mentioned a few posts up.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all of the help. I've been doing the cycle quests every day, but just enough to clear them all once because I was prioritizing the story. But now that I hit a wall with that, I guess I can just do cycle quests for most of the time I'm playing. I also need to clear out as much as I can of all the Lost Chapters quests. I initially went through and did enough to unlock all of the characters and then moved on to the story, so all of those still haven't been worked on much.

I also need to figure out more about what artifacts are and how they work, but I'll do that in a bit after I read about it on a FAQ.

Lastly, farm the Lv 50 battle for max rewards/exp. If you struggle to clear it, try the Squall renzo friend support strategy I mentioned a few posts up.

Yeah, I'd like it if you could change to Squall as your friend support if you don't mind. This is like FFRK where you can only use one friend support each 24 hours, right?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thanks for all of the help. I've been doing the cycle quests every day, but just enough to clear them all once because I was prioritizing the story. But now that I hit a wall with that, I guess I can just do cycle quests for most of the time I'm playing. I also need to clear out as much as I can of all the Lost Chapters quests. I initially went through and did enough to unlock all of the characters and then moved on to the story, so all of those still haven't been worked on much.

I also need to figure out more about what artifacts are and how they work, but I'll do that in a bit after I read about it on a FAQ.

Yeah, I'd like it if you could change to Squall as your friend support if you don't mind. This is like FFRK where you can only use one friend support each 24 hours, right?

Cool thing with lost chapters is that you get 2 free pieces of that character's 5 star armour, so I recommend grabbing them if you can currently, they are super helpful!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI

All set. There is a cool down for your friend supports, but I'm actually not sure how long it is? So yeah, you won't be able to farm with the same support over and over.

I'd suggest just adding a bunch of 60/60 Squall's for now for farming purposes. It won't matter for cycle quests if they aren't mutual friends because by using Renzo each wave you'll only need them for three turns anyway.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Yeah, that's what I'm working on now. I'll probably do nothing for the next few days except grind for materials.

Before you do, try to do some of the Ilusion World stuff first if you haven't. Not for artifact grinding or anything, but because they contain treasure chests that give you items that multiply how much you get from quests as mid-way completion rewards, like doubling items or Gil earned in a half hour period, the same amount of time a cycle key opens a cycle quest for!

We're in the endgame for the anniversary benefits right now, so you gotta make the most of it! Grind as much Gil as you feel you need, if you ignore trying to get the best artifact passives until it's not terrible in the future, becoming a Gillionare (1 million is easier to get then you think!) will set you up for a LONG time!

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Before you do, try to do some of the Ilusion World stuff first if you haven't. Not for artifact grinding or anything, but because they contain treasure chests that give you items that multiply how much you get from quests as mid-way completion rewards, like doubling items or Gil earned in a half hour period, the same amount of time a cycle key opens a cycle quest for!

We're in the endgame for the anniversary benefits right now, so you gotta make the most of it! Grind as much Gil as you feel you need, if you ignore trying to get the best artifact passives until it's not terrible in the future, becoming a Gillionare (1 million is easier to get then you think!) will set you up for a LONG time!

A few days ago, I went through and did as much as I could of all the Illusion quests. I have 11 books of treasure, 2 books of fortune, and 10 books of training that I guess came from that, so I'll use those once I start grinding. I'm sitting on 1,200,000 gil right now, but I don't know how long that'll last once I start having to spend it on upgrades and such. It seems like money eventually ends up being pointless in most gachas because people are drowning in it, but I can't really have that mindset yet since I'm a new player.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
A few days ago, I went through and did as much as I could of all the Illusion quests. I have 11 books of treasure, 2 books of fortune, and 10 books of training that I guess came from that, so I'll use those once I start grinding. I'm sitting on 1,200,000 gil right now, but I don't know how long that'll last once I start having to spend it on upgrades and such. It seems like money eventually ends up being pointless in most gachas because people are drowning in it, but I can't really have that mindset yet since I'm a new player.

I haven't had much issue in some of the other Gatcha's I've played, but I certainly needed the million Gil I got for fusing Beatrix artifacts (again, not a good investment at the moment), but it never hurts to put in the work early so you never have to worry later!

if you want a break from grinding, but still want to do stuff in the game, doing Co-op is fun for grabbing Weapon Orbs to upgrade weapons, and it's a good way to see how your characters fit into certain party roles, like how Faris' debuff's and perfect despel make or break (kinda rarely break, to be honest) her usefulness in certain battles, or what to look forward to in maxed out characters of certain types.

For example, even though he doesn't have as much to his attacking kit as other characters, it's actually pretty rad how self sufficient Leon can be even when he's not overhealing to his brave, and making his enemies restore his brave for him with his Sap effect from his second ability, or how all the FF5 character provide invisible, but surprisingly effective buffs to the Entire party, just by using one of their abilities enough!

That's my favourite part of this game, honestly! Even with some characters being underwhelming and some overpowered, a large majority of characters are special enough to make really interesting combinations when put together!

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
3 pulls on the Auron banner

2 Auron 15CP's and two Cyan 15CP's.

this is why I never pull anymore. this shit hurts b

edit: one more pull and still no auron items. from the last time his banner was up and now that's 7 pulls and only 2 Auron 15CP's out of them lol never again

Last edited:

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure if I should pull, but I'm tempted to because I'm in need of more options.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This time carrying Auron was a pain in the ass, haha.

Edit : at least the 500 gems score was easily achieved.

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
3 tickets, Cyan 35cp. Was only planning on using three...so glad I got something.

157K using the normal Squall/Selphie/Cait/Ifrit w/Squall friend. Just a simple burn away boss. So much HP damage though..yeesh.

Will 2nd Auron being a pain to carry.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I am saving everything for Celes EX at this point. I underestimated how much resources I'd have for it. 70K gems and 100+ tickets? Very nice.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
lol, posts like this make me feel like such an impulsive and impatient (and thus unwise) player. gee thanks Hikari.

Hey, sometimes fortune favours the bold! And sometimes it was all a waste! And sometimes you get enough stuff for a character you don't use to force you to try them out and find out they kick loads of butt!

I tend to be thriftier on my gems then my tickets, I just spend those suckers as soon as I get them, though I'll be holding out on this banner so far. Love Auron, but I'm not confident I'm getting anything that's make throwing more then the 5 Tickets and 5000 gems I already have worth it.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it took me 85k and 200+ tickets to get Zidane's EX.

Never underestimate how shit the pull rates are for EX weapons.

I was thinking about pulling on Auron's banner once, but after hearing that I think I'm just going to keep hoarding. I thought the game would be a little more generous than that.