• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Boss weak to wind and Layle synergy, launch meta intensifies.

2ee57bb3-7aaf-42fd-86gwk9n.png

Switched my support to Layle for this.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
It's official lol since you've came to OO the game has been treating you so well haha. Wow.... I did 50 tickets for Rem's Ex (it's not worth using gems for) and only got Seven's 35cp. I was happy with that though. I'm gonna be skipping Kain's Banner. Nothing against Kain and in fact he's very likeable .... but he's not in my favourites haha.

It's hoarding season for me now lol.

Ya, I have been very lucky. I have 11 EX now. I really wanted Rem's since I have her MLB everything but I threw 10k gems at it, and some tickets, and didn't get much of anything. In fact. The second pull was the first time in this game I've had a pull where every single item was a dupe. It was a crappy feeling.

Edit: And by dupe, I mean, a 5th copy or whatever.

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Kain is a pretty easy carry with Layle and Cait. The boss is stupidly weak to wind and Layle has synergy.

You bring another Layle to replace Kain and the boss can't even do anything because of Energy Gain continually pushing their 1st turn.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Since this last battle is easy, it probably means the next one is going to be hard as hell... and it's indeed Deuce so good luck!

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Quick Thread Survey:

What is your inventory at? I am at 206/210 and constantly deleting.

In FFRK I would know why, I hoard. But in this game? I just have everybody's gear I collected so far and as soon as a lesser gear is MLB'ed, I get rid of it.

Is it normal to spend gems and keep increasing it? Is there a secret vault I am not aware of?

Edit: by deleting I meant selling or feeding into something that needs to be leveled up. It was a quick way of saying "making space".

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
263/400

I try to keep at least one MLB of each weapon type. Mostly sell off as stuff gets MLB'd.

No vault in this game. More space is great when I wanna pulls lots on a banner or to push off merging Eidoga's a few more days.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 300 because I was so annoyed at the artifact is full prompt, and even that it's not enough.
I'm also at 230/300 weapons/armors while fusing all dupes (keeping 4*) so I guess I'll have to buy more soon.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm at 340. Mostly for the same reasons as above; if you want to do a burst of artifact farming, the extra space is nice. I'm also admittedly a collector and I've saved a lot of stuff I totally don't need.

No vault unfortunately.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Whatever the default is.

There is 0 reason to expand, you're constantly recycling gear to maximise your characters.

Even if you're recycling your gear, there is no way you can fill up all the slots currently unless you're a whale that pulls on the majority/every character.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't expanded my inventory at all and am currently sitting at 188/200 for gear. I tend to keep one MLB of each type for unlucky characters without their own weapons, but otherwise sell items once MLB'd. Artifact farming and co-op runs are annoying because I have to stop and meld artifacts every few runs, but it's not bad enough to make me want to spend gems for more space.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I think I'm at 370 which is a lot but I farm a lot so those slots are nice to have. By the way.... I got an Int BRV 170 Bravery ESUNA ** Artifact for Yuna. I already have Max brv 330, attack 108, and int brv 170 but I was reading that Yuna likes a lot of int brv. Would it be worth removing my attack 108 for this artifact?

Ya, I have been very lucky. I have 11 EX now. I really wanted Rem's since I have her MLB everything but I threw 10k gems at it, and some tickets, and didn't get much of anything. In fact. The second pull was the first time in this game I've had a pull where every single item was a dupe. It was a crappy feeling.

Edit: And by dupe, I mean, a 5th copy or whatever.

That's crazy man 11 EX.... I really hope they are going to be useful to you in the future when content becomes very difficult. I was looking at chaos mode in JP videos and they aren't a joke so here's hoping this ex in the future help you! In comparison i've only been pulling favourites so my Stash consists of Terra EX, Garnet EX, Y'shtola EX, Beatrix EX, Celes EX and Prishe EX which are the ones mlb. I have got Squall and Tidus EX from tickets or a lucky multipull too.

Honestly, i'm kinda gutted about not having Warrior of light's ex now because those videos make him look essential in the future.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
WarAdept - No way man, you're off on this one.

I haven't kept a single item that is MLB'ed, unless it's their best item, and I haven't bought a single gem in this game. I also only have 8 unfinished artifacts currently in inventory. I'm at 225 now. The default is 200.

I have 82 characters, 1 4* gear, 1 5* gear, 1 15cp, 1 35cp, and for many WoL or EX... that's like 300-350 slots.

Hikari - Well I'm not chasing EX really. I have no pull strategy at the moment. I don't really have a single FF character or FF game I'm attached to. I grew up with all of them and played them all on release, except for 15. My favorite is probably 12, but because of the mechanics. My favorite character is probably Genesis, I liked the Red Hair, Red Sword, and the fact that he could seemingly stand up to Sephiroth.

I just get 5k and pull on a banner that has the least amount of dupes. I'm back up to 7k now, but having thrown 2 pulls at the Kain one, I'll wait for the (Deuce?) next one.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm at 350 in storage last time I checked, haven't upgraded in a while just because I don't feel the need to.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
WarAdept - No way man, you're off on this one.

I haven't kept a single item that is MLB'ed, unless it's their best item, and I haven't bought a single gem in this game. I also only have 8 unfinished artifacts currently in inventory. I'm at 225 now. The default is 200.

I have 82 characters, 1 4* gear, 1 5* gear, 1 15cp, 1 35cp, and for many WoL or EX... that's like 300-350 slots.

Hikari - Well I'm not chasing EX really. I have no pull strategy at the moment. I don't really have a single FF character or FF game I'm attached to. I grew up with all of them and played them all on release, except for 15. My favorite is probably 12, but because of the mechanics. My favorite character is probably Genesis, I liked the Red Hair, Red Sword, and the fact that he could seemingly stand up to Sephiroth.

I just get 5k and pull on a banner that has the least amount of dupes. I'm back up to 7k now, but having thrown 2 pulls at the Kain one, I'll wait for the (Deuce?) next one.

With 82 chars, it would mean you'd only need 164 slots.

One for each characters best weapon, one for their MLB 5* armour. Everything else should be sold.

I haven't expanded my inventory and had 0 problems whatsoever with space. Artifact space is separate to inventory space anyway, and I don't care to expand that because farming those with our current system yields too little rewards for good doubles.

Some people also seem to keep a MLBd 15 weapon here to use for other characters they don't have gear for. I think it's a useless gesture nowadays, as content has gotten too hard for said weak character to do anything in meaningful content and in regards to levelling, the game showers you in Chocobo feathers and Cycle keys.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
With 82 chars, it would mean you'd only need 164 slots.

One for each characters best weapon, one for their MLB 5* armour. Everything else should be sold.

I haven't expanded my inventory and had 0 problems whatsoever with space. Artifact space is separate to inventory space anyway, and I don't care to expand that because farming those with our current system yields too little rewards for good doubles.

Some people also seem to keep a MLBd 15 weapon here to use for other characters they don't have gear for. I think it's a useless gesture nowadays, as content has gotten too hard for said weak character to do anything in meaningful content and in regards to levelling, the game showers you in Chocobo feathers and Cycle keys.

Adept! If I have a 15cp weapon at 1LB or 2LB, why would I get rid of it to save space? Why not hold on to it until I can MLB it for the passive? (and Then sell it) In the meantime, that 35cp weapon I have is what's equipped, therefore I now have 2 weapons using up slots.

My Cloud, Y'sh, and Vaan are MLB everything, therefore they only take up 2 slots each. But Garnet for example. the EX is 1LB, the 35 is 0 lb, the 15 (I just bought with power stones, in plans to finish her) is at 0LB, I do not have a 4* weapon for her, or a 4* armor, but I do have her 5* armor MLB. So all in all, Garnet takes up 4 slots for me.

Shantotto takes up 5 slots since I have her EX, but since I have MLB'ed her 4* armor, I was able to get rid of that. I'm not seeing the disconnect, it seems simple to me. That's why I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing since you know this game so well. The only thing I can figure, is that you simply do not -touch- the characters you don't play.

I don't hold on to a single gear that serves no purpose. Only gear that is equipped or not yet MLB'ed is kept. Putting me at.... 220something.

Edit: WarAdept - Still had this window open on the other screen when you replied below me, but wanted to reply back without further spamming the board --- I wish I had the luxury you have on everything MLB and stones. I have 12 Power stones, and I hate using them because they take so long to get for me. The 4* armors are quickly becoming the same thing non 5* is in FFRK, a bunch of crap, but in the meantime, I still have a few not fully complete.

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Fair enough, can understand that. If you have several pieces of a char but unsure of whether to invest in them fully, I can see why you'd need the extra inventory space.

I guess that since I've been playing from the beginning, I have every 4* Armour maxed out (aside from the latest chars), and I tend to drop all the gems/tickets I can into one banner so everyone featured is MLBd, I don't have a lot of non MLB gear lying around.

It's also left me with a lot of power stones lying around, so I can just max out someone on a whim if I feel like it.

(Shantotto becomes extremely powerful with her rework, but that's a bit down the line. She sucks currently)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Deuce in less than one hour, good luck as the EX stage will be super hard if you trust the Japanese players.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I need to stop pulling and start hoarding tickets again, I'm at <200 tickets and that feel bad when I had always 400+ before.
I will get my old alts back if I have to, to grind those coop without synergy.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Did one multi and got Ace's EX along with a random 15cp for Serah. Was hoping for something more for Deuce or even Aerith, but I'll take it. I have both Ace's 15 and 35 MLB'd so this could prove useful. I'll have him up as my friend support if anyone wants to try it. Can only get it to 1 LB though.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
No luck for me this time. Did two 5k, both times 1/11 Aerith 35cp. Not fully mlb'ed so got use but nothing new and exciting. I hope I get lucky when I earn some tickets later.

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
Waited weeks for Deuce to arrive since I missed out on Selphie and don't really like Cait.

60 tickets:
Aerith 35cp x3
Ace 35cp x2
Ace 15cp x1

20k gems:
Ace EX x2
Ace 35cp x1
Ace 15cp x1
Aerith 15cp x2
Deuce 15cp x2

Can't complain about the volume when I'll full MLB Ace and Aerith, but all I really wanted was Deuce. Going to run the co-op for tickets and try a few more for her 35cp and hope I get lucky. Really don't want to burn any more gems.

EDIT: Complaining on the internet works again! Cleared her co-op for tickets, first pull = 35cp. Been a good day.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I am going to try tickets for Deuce but will not be pulling. This EX looks very hard though according to impressions!

Congrats on pulls! Ace EX looks very interesting with the colour card buffs !!!

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of tickets was enough to MLB Ace and Deuce's 15cp's, and I also got her 35cp.

Was really hoping for Ace's EX, but ah well. I'm not spending any of my gems right now, almost to 75k and the guaranteed EX.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Wow...... I got Ace's ex after like 5 tickets..... honestly, I'm shocked haha cause Deuce's 35 cp nowhere to be seen yet. I really like how she plays and her animations but man does it suck that she loses her buff is she gets broken.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yep, we're backed to fucked up EXs.

Just tried it, the turn speed of both mobs are crazy. 0 chance of me doing this unless I feel like dropping 50k on this banner.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The next month or so will be a torture for character event, until the powerhouse hit Global then it's going to be slighty better, after that BAM COSMOS prepare to cry.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
El oh el at this EX. If any of y'all beat it, share your strats! (and congrats in advance)

I'm not optimistic, but my best chance (read: only) is probably with a Papa/Selphie/Ace team and a Setzer friend. If I can't beat it after a few tries with that comp, I'm skipping it, I've got nothing else.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Congrats haha I'm gonna try it later. I think I have a well built roster for the fight in Celes EX, Beatrix EX, and Selphie mlb which should be enough. Celes is top tier in this fight.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
154K. Soooo close but not bad for the first run.

Went with Ace EX, Papa, and Selphie, all MLB with Bahamut summon and friend Setzer. Pretty sure I can get the last high score. Summoned a little late and wasted some brave at the end.

I'm convinced Deuce's 35cp is more rare than anything else in this game. Spent all my tickets from the event plus one multi and got THREE more copies of Ace's EX. Not a 35cp for Deuce in sight. Gonna be a token buy.

Beatrix EX, Setzer, Selphie

Layle Friend, Pandemonium Summon

Conserve as many abilities as possible for last wave.

... Then savescum the fight for 8 hours for good RNG on who goes first and who the Krakens target for the entire fight
I'm one power stone away from finally maxing Bea so might try this comp if I can't get the high score with Papa.

And thanks for your Setzer. He's saved my runs both on this and Fang's.

Last edited:

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
El oh el at this EX. If any of y'all beat it, share your strats! (and congrats in advance)

I'm not optimistic, but my best chance (read: only) is probably with a Papa/Selphie/Ace team and a Setzer friend. If I can't beat it after a few tries with that comp, I'm skipping it, I've got nothing else.
171,174 - Ace EX / Rem EX / Deuce / Bahamut / Setzer

Still took several hours to get through without dying, but for a good portion of that I was using a Layle friend who just wasn't cutting it. Also, make sure you kill both at the same time or be prepared to have a very bad time against the remaining enraged boss.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
154K. Soooo close but not bad for the first run.

Went with Ace EX, Papa, and Selphie, all MLB with Bahamut summon and friend Setzer. Pretty sure I can get the last high score. Summoned a little late and wasted some brave at the end.

I'm convinced Deuce's 35cp is more rare than anything else in this game. Spent all my tickets from the event plus one multi and got THREE more copies of Ace's EX. Not a 35cp for Deuce in sight. Gonna be a token buy.
Can I have one? lol

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I just wanted to share that Hard 12-26 (Interlude Planesgorger) is the first fight in Story mode that I could not get all medals after 2 tries.

This took me probably 8-10 attempts, and 3-4 full finishes but missing the 18000 hp medal. Finally I googled and Reddit had some clears using Warrior of Light. That was the key.

Keeping WoL as target and shining shield up, and then Planesgorger couldn't touch me. I guess this is basically how you use Warrior of Light, I knew the Shield was good, but couldn't be bothered to really examine the power/potential. I will keep him in mind for any future challenges that don't seem to be in reach.

Now fully "complete" on all normal, and hard mode up to Act 2. Time to go see how far I can get on that.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Updated timeline for global for those who want to plan for the future from Reddit. Summer is still looking pretty busy for me, with fall looking pretty good too.

x61cn4e2oln21.jpg

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thanks for posting it up! Curveballs are obviously expected, but it's very exciting to see what's coming up! I'm saving for golbez, though, I love both his character and his abilities!

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Lots of characters I want but I'll probably prioritize Barret/Rinoa. Since Barret doesn't come with his EX it shouldn't take many pulls to get his 35CP.

Rinoa I'll keep 75K tucked away just in case.

I also want; Kuja EX, Seph EX, Freya's weapons, Zack's EX...

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Pretty much May-June and on is super busy for me. Sooooo many favourites to pull for. But Yuna EX is priority banner. I will spend all 75k to get it if I have to.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmn, April-June are my big stash killing months, barring any curveballs. Hopefully will get lucky on those banners I pull on...

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Barrett, Lulu, and Freya will be definites. Don't know if they're any good but will be nice to see them in this game. Also looking forward to Seph's return and awakening because he's ridiculous and over the top and I love it. XD

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Completed the hard mode of the first chapter of Arc 2, some fight were pretty tough like the duak chimera that resist magic.
That's when you realize all your strong characters are magic based haha, at least Golbez is half physical / half magic.
Some people on Reddit noticed we might get a new 2x cycle quests soon, probably a spring event, I'll farm those really hard this time.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After thinking about it the two 'big' banners I'll go for in the near future will be Rinoa and Lenna. Rinoa because of how strong she is, Lenna because she's a great support unit, and also because it seems like the two pair really well together. Based off that calendar June will probably be the busy month for me.

Also, exciting news about the possible 2x quests. I always make sure to do a fair amount of grinding whenever those come around.