• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
3N70EKXl.png
1NDOdITl.png

Yeeesh, yeah, this one IS tough. RNG on top of RNG, but got it. Wall x2, Great Daring x1, 1 of both Red spiral and white Whorl for waves leading to boss. Boss itself, blind as needed, and even if blinded, hope they don't hit. Friend Layle comes in (to replace Vaan) roughly when Vaan is at his last 2-3 ability uses or about ~50-70% range. Field burst, and summon on Layle's next turn.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Looking at the banner schedule it seems we are going to get Ramza's and Agrias' EX banners almost next to each other. Fucking bullshit. I want both but with my luck I don't think the amount of gems I have are going to be enough.

They should spread EX a bit more, give us time to hoard.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I can't clear the EX stage with the required scores for the gems and tickets. My best I can do is just meeting past the 120k score. This EX was really really stupid hard. Without Celes this would be literally impossible for me unless I decided to MLB my Ace and I dont want to. Anyway, my strategy was to use Celes runic on the Steam Krakens so that they would waste turns just giving Celes BRV and it worked surprisingly really well. However, they like to use Multislash a lot and that can screw Celes over depending on her HP. Luckily, my strategy worked out after TONS AND TONS of tries. The best way to do it was keep Saint cloth up with Beatrix to nerf the hp damage from steam burst (which hurts A LOT without any defense buffs) as they get tons of brave. I kept being careful with turns and only risked getting broken by group firaga they would do. Once they start getting tons of turns, I survived one onslaught and was nearly dead. Then I summoned and healed up with Selphie and put wall up, saint cloth and kept rotating between thunder slashes and climhazzard everytime it was up with Beatrix. Celes was the real MVP here with her ex. It's so useful in this fight and the fact she can constantly heal and bypass the ridiculous hits these bosses do. Oh and the Ace friend I used which so happened to do tons of damage with his mlb ex helped a ton too.

I wouldnt try this ex again. It is pure and simple really damn annoying. Celes hampers my dps a lot and a as a result the turns are lost. Celes EX MLB/Selphie MLB/Beatrix MLB EX with friend EX Ace. I envy you guys that got the scores but I just dont think I care enough to try again. It's stupid frustrating and while I love challenging content, a completion is enough for me. In fact, i'm so glad I completed it after so many hours of different combinations. This shite was mad hard man.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Those EX bosses are just way too fast and too much HP, I said it'll get better in 1 months or so because we'll start getting Kuja/Quistis awakening (+ EXs) which are super strong.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
There's challenging and there's just cheap ass fights.

This EX, the upcoming ones and the old EX fights (Seph/Lenna/etc) are all categorised into this. It's so blatantly obvious that the extra mission rewards for EX's are designed for you to whale and whale hard just so you get the satisfaction of beating it/claiming the rewards that it has turned me off the game on multiple occasions.

Even with full synergy or the most meta of meta characters, you're at the mercy of RNG when the boss suddenly decides to regenerate it's BRV after being broken, do a BRV + HP attack and one shot one of your characters.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Another thread survey (I learned a lot from the last one).

For those who keep lists in Excel, Access, or Word....

How do you sort your lists? By level? By best weapon? By Crystal Color? By Final Fantasy? One of each?

This is based off of FFRK, as I had a bunch there. I've since cut out some and consolidated, but I would track my relics by character or by element, etc. Things like that. I know tsakiki does this. I don't know that Madvin_a or WarAdept are list makers...

Right now I have a single spreadsheet for Opera Omnia, and it just lists what gear I have for every character... I really don't like the list at all, I don't like how I am tracking and what I am tracking, butI I havent decided how I want to change it. Currently it's setup something like:

FF - Name (background is crystal color) - lvl/crystal lvl - EX/35/15/4*/WOL - 5*/4* - #Art

VII - Cloud - 60/60 - MLB/MLB/MB/MLB/Blank - MLB/MLB - 3
XI Shantotto - 60/60 - 0/0/2/2/Blank - 0/MLB - 5

I don't like that at all. It serves it's purpose, but ya. Just curious what other people do?

Bonus Question: Is there an easier way to see what gear needs to be leveled up besides sorting by Gained/Newest (which means you have to go find the original to combine) or Level (which means you have to slowly scroll through until you see a gear not max level.

Now for people (like say Adept) who have been playing since release and no breaks, getting a new gear is few/far between enough that's its super easy to remember. In my case, I am constantly getting so many gears, or additional copies for LB, that I am suprised there is not a sort option for "not max level".

Thanks for anybody that has the time to share their input.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I wish gears you already MLB would have an icon to easily know you already got its passive without long-clicking it, thankfully I'm almost done with 4* and new characters don't have 4* gears.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Just checked that Ramza's Ex banner was on february on Global, a week before I started playing :weep. Guess thats not coming back for awhile, seems they dont adhere strickly to JP banner schedule.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked that Ramza's Ex banner was on february on Global, a week before I started playing :weep. Guess thats not coming back for awhile, seems they dont adhere strickly to JP banner schedule.
Your best best is special events like Spring, Japan did get 2 banners featuring 3 EX in it each. We didn't get a EX weapon rerun so far.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
How do you sort your lists? By level? By best weapon? By Crystal Color? By Final Fantasy? One of each?

Mostly avoided list for this game. Only really keep track of what I'm missing 4* MLB wise and thats it. Everything else I track in game. So, if I have a characters 15/35, but not MLB, I get their armor token. Have them MLB, MLB Armor torken.

Hoping for surprises in this upcoming stream.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be a DFFOO stream without technical issue, lol.

EDIT : this is their worse stream yet with the lag.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's the 3rd time it died since the start, they said they'll post update on Twitter if they can't fix this.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
"Cloud Colon" lol

Next awakenings will be a tough choice. Probably go for Eiko, Balthier, and maybe Seymour. I'd like to fully awaken Vanille but I'm out of red high shards.

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
So final awakening batch will have my Seifer and Raijin awakenings. :( At least it's still happening next month. I really wish Seifer would get an EX.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit silly to blur the last awakening batch as you can guess what they are (Yuffie, Seifer, Sazh, Yang, Raijin and Lilisette)
Anyway I'll got into farming mode for the double cycle quest.

Preview video of the first awakening batch of the month

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I read that they would nerf Eidoja for global awhile back in a JP translation cause it's too easy to get perfect BiS passives in JP. Are they still going with that?

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of cool news, especially about the Eidojas. Should hopefully make that whole process more manageable.

Feeling a bit meh on the next awakening batch, might just go for Eiko. Next one after that will definitely be Lilisette and probably Sazh.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
I read that they would nerf Eidoja for global awhile back in a JP translation cause it's too easy to get perfect BiS passives in JP. Are they still going with that?

No word, but doubt they would... If they do nerf the rates though, a huge chunk of global will rage.

Looking forward to Eiko/Seymour Awakening. Maybe dump my ticket stash trying to get Seymour EX. Can't wait for Agrias to hit Global!

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like The Emperor and Kimahri are the next two event characters in the JP version.

Poor Rikku, she's the last X character.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Damn just looked at some videos for Agrias and she is voiced by the same seiyuu that does Lenneth. Wasting all my gems for Agrias banner don't care if she is low tier trash. I will pull with pleasure for her.

Really hoping for more Final Fantasy Tactics characters down the line. Delita and TG Orlandu please.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These banners are easy passes, not spending anything right now since I need to keep saving for the big banners in the future.

Right now I'm about 7000 gems away from 75k.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the heretic EX is also super hard? I'm too busy farming the cycle quests right now to check, haha.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Big OOF an that's not even the EX, they should calm down they their crazy HP sponge.

faf2e4b8-df66-4bb6-924jk3o.png

That was Eiko / Selphie / Galuf / friend Layle, ran out of skill at 1/3 HP of the final wave, I can't follow the popular strats since they keep talking about Beatrix EX.
I guess that's one way to make us pull for EXs

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Pulled twice for Seymour's EX and got all dupes.
Pulled once on his half off banner and got all dupes.

Finally pulled on the Deuce banner because I was waiting to see if i'd get Seymour's EX to help out with Deuce's EX and got an Ace 35CP, Deuce 35CP and an Ace EX :D