• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
first ticket from the 20 they gift us for the stream
0hWWa4S.jpg

Wow, what a surprise! Congrats!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Literally just started playing this. Any quick beginners tips?

Pull for favorites.
Try to bank away 75K gems for a guaranteed EX weapon.
Do the daily missions (any 5 quest counts), easy gems and stuff.
If your willing to re-roll, Thancred is really strong. His gear is split between two banners right now though.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions regarding game mechanics and the like.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
So have the 20 tickets they gave us, haven't used them yet.

Scraped up a few gems for the 2500 pull, didn't get anything.

Broke King and Edge like I said I would. I read on Reddit yesterday that King doesn't reclaim his....kingly throne. But ah well, still broke him.

Edge I don't know much about, I haven't focused on him yet he is a favorite in Final Fantasy. I need to do a bit of checking, but seems like he could benefit from the Beatrix/Garnet group.... but then again I'd be giving up either Cait Sith buffs or Y'sh heals/battery....so I don't know. Not sure what Edge does right now besides single target damage (somewhat like King)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know I had a MLB (no EX) Thancred, managed to complete the level 100 but still not reaching the highest quest score needed (180k)
Trying again with Vanille 15CP MLB 35CP 0LB
I don't even want to think about the EX stage level 110, haha.

Edit : run went much better but I had a lower score because I didn't rely on launch, this is bullshit lmao

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So I have been reading that Lightning's EX might be coming soon. I wonder if I should pull for her. I hear she's pretty bad without a rework still.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Seems like Thancred rework is good, and I've played a lot of FF14 so I know the character. This is a big deal for me, even if the character is meta if I'm not invested in the character I don't pull.

Tempting to pull, but I'll hold for waifu on April. 50k gems and counting. Should have enough to guaranteed her Ex, if it comes to that, by the time the event begins and ends.

Last edited:

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to stop hoarding and drew on Thancred's banner. Got his EX on the first pull ! I know I need to get his 35 CP from the weekly draw too, but I don't want to waste too much because I had planned on pulling a lot for Agrias.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Did two pulls on Thancred's banner since I have his 15 & 35CP..

swing and a miss. Probably going to go back to hoarding. Maybe pull once for Agrias..

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Pull for favorites.
Try to bank away 75K gems for a guaranteed EX weapon.
Do the daily missions (any 5 quest counts), easy gems and stuff.
If your willing to re-roll, Thancred is really strong. His gear is split between two banners right now though.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions regarding game mechanics and the like.
So you only pull for gear and find characters right?

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yep. Pulling for gear. Characters are unlocked via story, events, and lost chapters if you missed the character event. In a (probably far) future update, can also unlock a character from just getting their weapon too.
Wait you can get a character from just getting their gear? Huh.
Sounds cool but a little complicated. Lots to learn

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
How much would you guys put toward trying to get Thancred's 15 cp in the weekly draw? I've hoarded since the start and have 165,000 saved up, but April's looking like I might spend many tens of thousands. But I know a character with an EX and without their 15 & 35 is incomplete, so I'm not sure what to do.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
What the fuck is this event.

It takes like 30 mins to complete the stage before the EX one, which means all 5 bosses have ridiculous HP.

That means any character that doesn't have insane longevity and good turn efficiency is instantly locked out.

Not only that, the score requirements are off the charts.

Go away DFFOO

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Well, consider all power tokens, 10 for a guarantee of that weapon.

I messed up what I said. It's his 35 cp in the weekly draw. I only have 40 power tokens because I haven't been playing that long, so I dunno really. The 2 EXs I have are Garnet's and Thancred's, and I have neither of their 15 cp or 35 cp, so I'm not sure who/what to put it toward.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I messed up what I said. It's his 35 cp in the weekly draw. I only have 40 power tokens because I haven't been playing that long, so I dunno really. The 2 EXs I have are Garnet's and Thancred's, and I have neither of their 15 cp or 35 cp, so I'm not sure who/what to put it toward.

You will really want both as 15 cp will be your main source of poison. Plus, buffed shadow fang from his 35 cp gets nice overflow. He's a pretty damn great investment right now. Just keep in mind that Thancred is a debuffer that does insane damage and if bosses resist poison or are immune he wont be very effective.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to clear the EX but uh....

10cfb298-3263-4dc6-a03gjh8.png

I guess 3 tickets and 100 gems is better than nothing, my team was Faris / Eiko / Thancred, without his EX it's pretty difficult has you have to save up his skills, Faris help as she can poison too. Friend was Squall since I had no Thancred EX available, I'll try one last time when a Thancred EX friend show up.
I think I wasted enough time on this already.

Also I did some 80 tickets pulls and MLB Galuf's 35CP, his 15CP is still 0LB but it's not a priority, RNG hate me as I only got 4 5*, where are you 10% rates T-T

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Not going to even bother. Not worth my time for the rewards given for a full completion.

FF7 is on the Switch now anyway. Miss Cloud calls

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Haven't tried the EX yet. The level 100 has annoyed me enough for the foreseeable future.

'Grats to those with new EX weapons though! Spent 20 tickets plus one multi on Thancred's and no luck. Got some power stones though which was finally enough to MLB Beatrix. Took forever but I started out with only one copy of her 15 and EX so glad to have her finished.

Did you already go for the half price pull? I'd definitely suggest that at least; you might get lucky.

Picking a single character to focus on and invest in might not be a bad idea at this point. Thancred is strong right now; he could help kick things up a notch for you. If you go for it, set a gem/ticket limit you're comfortable with spending and stick to it.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This event can be completed with max score rewards pretty painlessly with Beatrix / Eiko / Vanille / Brothers / Layle. Got 203K with this team on the level 100 quest and something similar on the EX. There is no need to pull for the new EX weapons to complete this event.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Why is Serah so bad? Even with buffs and 60/60, I can't get her Brv over 10k. She used to be one of my mains. :(

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
You will really want both as 15 cp will be your main source of poison. Plus, buffed shadow fang from his 35 cp gets nice overflow. He's a pretty damn great investment right now. Just keep in mind that Thancred is a debuffer that does insane damage and if bosses resist poison or are immune he wont be very effective.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm at the mercy of RNG as I pull.

Did you already go for the half price pull? I'd definitely suggest that at least; you might get lucky.

Picking a single character to focus on and invest in might not be a bad idea at this point. Thancred is strong right now; he could help kick things up a notch for you. If you go for it, set a gem/ticket limit you're comfortable with spending and stick to it.

Yeah, I did the half-price and only got 2 pieces of Galuf gear. I don't want to go dumping tens of thousands into that banner and come away with nothing, but paying for both his 15 and 35 cp with power tokens will leave me with only 5 tokens left, so I don't really want to do that either. I do need someone else in my party to give me a damage boost, so I may have to go ahead and do it.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Serah will get a rework and be stupidly good, at least until level 70. It's coming around Shiva EX in 2/3 months.

Serah

cs55 - Wound Extend

• Increase usage by 2
  • Medium Potency Increase
  • Turns into AOE attack
  • Increased damage against single target
  • Increase duration of [Poison] and [mBRV Down] by 2 turns
  • Grants to self unique buff [Unwavering Will] for 5 turns, effect: self mBRV & ATK up, party DEF & SPD up
  • While under [Unwavering Will], upgrade skill to [Wound+], upgrade [BRV+]
  • [Wound+] effects
  • Increase BRV hits to 2
  • Medium Potency Increase
  • Singe target HP damage
  • 50% splash HP damage
  • increase ally BRV based on HP damage dealt (Rem's HP+)
  • [BRV+] effects: change to magic attack, party BRV battery based on self ATK
cs60 - Moonlight Extend

• Increase usage by 1
  • Improve self BRV increase based on ATK
  • Improve self BRV multiplication
  • Adds magic BRV attack
  • Improves effect of [ATK Up] and turns into party buff
  • Extends existing buff duration by 2 turns
  • Inflicts [Small ATK Down] debuff for 5 turns
  • While under [Unwavering Will], upgrades to [Moonlight+]
  • [Moonlight +] Effects
  • Turns into AOE attack, split HP damage
  • Increase BRV damage against single target
  • allows 120% mBRV overflow
  • increase ally BRV based on HP damage dealt (Rem's HP+)
Serah's EX Skill: Artemis Arrow/Ultima Arrow
- 7 hit magic BRV + HP Attack
- 50% splash damage, 100% when breaking enemy or attacking enemy in break state
- Attach Light of Goddess (20% def down + 100% iBRV poison) debuff
- LB1: Power up
- LB2: Splash damage up
- MLB: Recast speed up

Don't forget she's one of the few units who got new artifacts

Debuff Attack & Boost All : Raises all party members' MAX BRV and Attack by 10% while an enemy is debuffed
Moonlight Charge & Boost : Increases Moonlight's max uses by 1 and raises MAX BRV by 20%

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, okay, yeah, a lot of those changes are damn good. I'll keep saving for her EX then!

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Permanent EX shop on JP apparently. Only for protagonists. Got it from OO reddit.

Pretty awesome hope it gets implemented soonish in Global

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
WarAdept Madvin_a -- What do you think this is....weekend Break? I need your Setzer supports! lol I don't know how the support/friend list populates in this game, but they haven't popped up yet. Seen Credo, Razorrin, and Calliope though. (Today for Heretics)

Edit: Wow, it was just the last Heretic d70 before the final one....but first impression of adding Edge with his Shock to the Garnet EX and Beatrix EX chain was pretty cool. While Beatrix was doing 25-30k constantly (and that's not a fully mlb Beatrix), Edge was doing 18-20k Shocks with no pre-build up. Will have to try that out some more!

Edit2: lol, right after I typed that edit, and got ready to start the d100 fight, WarAdept popped up, almost as if summoned.

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
LOL. It's still set to Setzer. Not entirely sure how the friends list populates in this game...maybe use up other friends in cycle quest to make him appear...

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I just heard that the Xenogears collab hit global in FF BE. Gonna start that and re roll for eternity lol Xenogears is like my favourite game ever. Damn, wish they could do this collab for OO.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That new EX shop in the JP version is great. Yuna's EX is a part of it so I might just skip that banner whenever we get it and wait for the shop instead.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, I did it, I reached the current max rank, everyone is max level and at least crystal 50 (51 for the awakened characters)
Now I got one whole month to farm those crystals.

4557ab08-da69-472c-8801jjh.png

0f6dea33-6c94-4ae8-9fj2jns.png

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Phew, I did it, I reached the current max rank, everyone is max level and at least crystal 50 (51 for the awakened characters)
Now I got one whole month to farm those crystals.

congrats! I am one of those people who still love having max level as a completionist type thing in a game even when it doesn't affect my standing or the content I can do. I am the guy who has to have every single AA in Everquest or I am not done leveling. (I don't play any mmo, lol)

PaiiNx

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer to save levels and rank up for the upcoming Summon board, it will take alot of SP and books to max out everithing.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm safe with my SP potion stash :p

f223ba9b-05d1-47b6-a27mjoe.png

But yeah, it might be better to save some ranks if you don't have tons of potions.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I'm a little.... slow in realizing the obvious but. I was looking at my spreadsheet of all these bazillion 2LB I have. And because of how sad I am that I don't have more Power Stones, I was thinking about it, and realized....for any weapon that is not their best/max, I could keep a train going of breaking.

For example, Character has their 35cp weapon, but I have their 15cp at 2LB. I break that one, then sell for 4 power stone, then go break another character in same situation or like if they have their EX, and their 35cp is at 2LB.

I mean, ya it's kind of obvious, but I simply wasn't thinking like that. I was thinking more like "ok, have 8 power stones, who do I want to go break twice and move them along.

PaiiNx

Oct 27, 2017
I have enough SP potion, but with Eidoja and Summon board proably is better to have as many possibles.
5kVbd1T.jpg

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
April's going to be a slowass month for me, not interested in any of the banners, hopefully this time I'll be able to not yolo ticket pull.
I also already got a MLB Lilisette/Sazh for the last awakening wave coop (there won't be heretic quests)

Edit : yay, finally completed the level 100 (187k score) and EX stage with Cait / Layle / Eiko / friend Layle / Pandemonium
Only the Deuce EX is daunting in the event quest tab now.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well time to start being somewhat responsible with my gem pulling. My supply seems to have dried up and I went and tried one last time the 3 100 EX battles available and I can't beat any of them. I can almost beat the 2 Sahagins, but they jump and get a million bravery more often than I can protect, shave, or guard.

That's ok, keep on trucking on my crystals and gear and breaks.

Madvin_a - I still haven't hit that point where orbs are seemingly infinite. I've upgraded all my weapons a couple of times before new pulls, but Armor is still way behind. I'm thinking I will start catching up now though....I probably just got so much gear the last 3 months or so from basically completing the whole game that my orbs couldn't catch up.

Also, eventually I'll farm an orb spring in radiant-whatever... but seems to net you very little for time spent. Man that Winter Fest thing was great. This Spring one isn't nearly as good, although any fest is better than nothing at all.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question about Eidogas. I've already maxed out 12 of them for Thancred, but only 2 have been keepers. Yet, I still have the 12 in my artifact inventory. I can't seem to find a way to see which of the eidogas in my inventory slots have which bonuses on them. And because of that I can't find any way to clear the ones I don't need out of the inventory. Is there a way to find this out, and if I can, should I just use the maxed out ones that I don't need to level up other eidogas?

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I have a question about Eidogas. I've already maxed out 12 of them for Thancred, but only 2 have been keepers. Yet, I still have the 12 in my artifact inventory. I can't seem to find a way to see which of the eidogas in my inventory slots have which bonuses on them. And because of that I can't find any way to clear the ones I don't need out of the inventory. Is there a way to find this out, and if I can, should I just use the maxed out ones that I don't need to level up other eidogas?
You don't need to keep the artifacts. Use them to level up others. They aren't tied to the boosts or whatever they are called.