• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Good News: Did some equipment MLB maintenance on Garnet and Beatrix, I now have this awesome (thanks to you guys coming up with it first) team of Garnet EX, MLB everything (cept 15cp for water imperil), and Beatrix EX, MLB everything (cept 35cp, but working on it). It's awesome. Saint's cloth gives 2 buffs to everybody, so that helps Mog Dance start with Mog Dance+ (like I think you guys do with Selphie).

Bad News: I just now discovered press-holding on enemies and reading what their moves do and what their resists are etc. Ya, I guess I am a little slow.

Ugly News: Try as I may, Edge with Shock is just not pulling it. His evasion-taunt is cool, but Shock, even with Lightning imperil, just really doesn't bring much to the table. He's not MLB anything though, and only 60/57. I will try him again when he's fully finished, but I don't think he'll make the cut. Cait Sith brings so much more to the table.

I'm trying out Ramuh, seems like smart thing to do?

Bonus: Would Relm-Ramuh be any good here? Alisaie seems like would be good, but Ver Thunder becomes non-lightning move. Lightning herself seems like she might be ok, depending on what her EX does. I don't think I saw any other lightning people (that I own). I guess for water to pair with Garnet in the future would be Faris and Rydia.

Anyways, fun fun.

Edit: Oh, well I just did my biggest single target hit thus far in the game, saw a Climhazard+ hit for 40k. wow.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Finally cleared the last high score for Deuce's EX. Same comp as my first run (Ace EX, Selphie, Bahamut summon, friend Setzer) just subbed Bea Ex in for Papalymo. So glad to be done with that, whew. Now for the heretic EX....

Bad News: I just now discovered press-holding on enemies and reading what their moves do and what their resists are etc. Ya, I guess I am a little slow.
If it helps, I'd been playing the game for a looong time before I realized you could do this lol. You can also press-hold on your team to check their buffs, etc.

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I had to get a new phone since I completely obliterated the screen of my Samsung A5 lol thankfully I had already logged in the day of destroying it and managed to get my new phone the next day. I should be attempting the EX stages but haven't felt like it. I'll probably give Deuce a try tonight.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, can't even accept it since I'm at full gils.

cd765dcd-3ff4-427b-acnwjp8.png

Kefka can appear on the second wave of the coop

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
The new co-op drops some kind of mystery token, possibly tied to if
Kefka appears in the second wave.
Showed up for me on my third co-op match.

EDIT: lol April Fools!

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared all the coop reward in 2 book, this one was fine but a bit long.
I was the only Galuf the entire time, haha.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Cleared all the coop reward in 2 book, this one was fine but a bit long.
I was the only Galuf the entire time, haha.

I recently maxed his crystal level recently after finding that Iike his setup and have his 35cp, he's awesome!

The only issue is that if you're playing co-op, he provides good damage when he actually gets to do his job, but isn't at his best unless a good support is in the party.

Nevertheless, he's great, and I look forward to him getting more play in the near future!

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Today will be the first half price (since I tried the game out a second time in November) pull I skip.

Combination of my gem supply drying up and the fact that I simply don't care about those 3.

Can anybody speak on how good Seven is from experience? I notice she also has Lightning attack for my new fun team, but it would be have to be pretty amazing to take Cait Sith out.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
What are you guys doing with lucky pulled 2nd EX weapons? I am personally keeping them until the 7 star EX era for their spheres. Spheres look pretty significant and gives the game some much needed customization skills. EX weapons are easy enough to mlb with power stones anyway from the sold 15 cp and 35 cps.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
What are you guys doing with lucky pulled 2nd EX weapons? I am personally keeping them until the 7 star EX era for their spheres. Spheres look pretty significant and gives the game some much needed customization skills. EX weapons are easy enough to mlb with power stones anyway from the sold 15 cp and 35 cps.

I lucked out and got two Beatrix EX's when she was up, and I knew by then that you should keep the EX for later, so i'm ready for sphere shenanigans!

I kinda really want to pull thancred with tickets, but I don't have the resources. I'm still good through, because I have a bunch of characters loaded up and ready for their reworks!

Anybody have any characters that they are looking forward to using again? Mine's Y'shtola especially, and the MVP himself, Warrior of Light!

Y'sh was my first EX, and I was kinda glad you Only need her EX to make her useful, but I'm seriously waiting for her to get rebalanced to get some good use out of her longevity. Refreshing ability uses and Battery HP+ is no joke!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll let you know whenever I actually do pull a 2nd EX lol.
Anybody have any characters that they are looking forward to using again? Mine's Y'shtola especially, and the MVP himself, Warrior of Light!
Definitely Warrior of Light, it helps that I have everything of his MLB. I'm also excited for Serah's reworks.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Future update (bit under a year away), where we can upgrade EX weapons to EX+. Once those are fully upgraded, they give ya a (one time use) equippable sphere. Having lots of duplicate EX weapons...means more spheres assuming you can do the content to get the upgrade items.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Chasing Thancred's EX is so tempting right now. He's good even without it but that extra longevity would be nice.

I'm hanging onto them (have dupes of WoL's and Ace's). Just couldn't bring myself to power stone an EX, then read not to sell anyway for spheres later on so lucked out there.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading JP players are already having an hard time upgrading all their EX to MLB EX+, so getting spheres out of EX dupe will be very time cash consumming.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay, fun question;

I'm in love with Galuf's whole setup now, he's a ton of fun to use, and the best when he gets to do his thing and dodge-counter physical attacks! He is my second of my favourite off-meta characters so far now, with Fujin, the Instant-Imperiler, as my first!

If I put Fujin and Galuf in a party together, what unlikely, underused character do you think could round out the duo? Anyone you don't care for with Extension is fair game!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If you're bored, here is Serah soloing Quistis LC final node (that was near her EX release)

Why is she so good?! (Answer : poison!)

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
HP damage on Finishing Touch will be a godsend! Well and I guess the guaranted paralysis in the following Cross-Slash too.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Managed to get Thancred's EX with single ticket pull, of course I dont have anything else of him.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Finally completed the Heretics lvl100. Getting 180K was difficult and it took 100+ retries but we got those.

Now I gotta finish the EX

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Good post about the "meta" characters leading up to current JP status https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/195275-dissidia-final-fantasy-opera-omnia/77579063

TLDR :
Pre-COSMOS (Current GL)

1) Quistis
2) Rinoa
3) Lenna
4) Lilisette
5) Cloud

COSMOS Era

1) Vayne
2) Serah
3) Rinoa
4) Lenna
5) Ashe

Level 70 Era

1) Warrior of Light
2) Serah
3) Noctis
4) Vayne
5) Ramza
*Special Mention: Sherlotta

EX+ Era (Notes)

This era is not only the current time JP is in, but is also still fairly new.

I won't rank them against eachother as a full team of EX+ characters are practically needed for some Chaos fights, so the top 5 are just who have currently impacted JP the most so far.

1) WoL + Ultimecia
2) Cloud + Agrias
3) Sherlotta (no EX+)

Refer to the gamefaqs post to know why they ranked them that way.
(Also pull for characters you like or you'll end up being bored, haha)

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm glad that many of my favourites are meta at least!

Yuna EX when though? 90k gems saved up atm. Not sure when I will pull next.... there's always the possibility of early ex releases.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Nice to see some of my favs up there as well, along with a few folks I have MLB'd. Should be in decent shape for the near future.

As for the newbies coming up, I'll definitely pull for Agrias; I need Cloud's battle buddy. Plus, she's Agrias Oaks. Quistis though.....does she fall off quickly? Wondering if I can get by using friend units if needed. Will probably have to pull for Rinoa but I'm thinking I can skip Vayne.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely pulling for Rinoa and I'd really like Lenna's EX too, Vayne is also tempting as well as Fran when she arrives with Ashe's EX. It's nice that a good number of my favorite characters are meta.

There's also a few where they're not necessarily meta but it'd still be nice to have their weapons since they are a part of my favorites, like Sephiroth and his EX. I think him, Rinoa, and Lenna are the three 'big' EX's that I'll go for in the near future.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, the bug is still there.

bdeb36dc-90b8-4e72-a5ufjs1.png

Summon before wave 5 and do enough damage (around 15%) to each before their turns, they'll be stuck in a buffing loop

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm so happy at least one of my favourites is in the top 10 for eidoja poll. Sad to see Yuna wont make it though. Terra is the only one I care about in the top 10 atm.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Time to start planning Eidojas, I'm wondering for WoL, if I should go with iBRV 170 / MBRV 330 or ATK 108 / MBRV 330
At worst I'll aim for 3 of the first and 2 of the latter since we got 5 slots.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Some of the peeps in the top 10 are head-scratchers, but I'm glad there are a few there that will be helpful. I'll definitely work on gearing up WoL and Cloud for the future, and Vaan and Tidus (if he holds his position) for those times they make a good fit. But come on Thancred!! He has a fight ahead of him but he's fun to play and now's his time to shine.