• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So you have the date when I'll start using my gems, about time!

mlhw9ub3vk06.jpg

This basically confirm summon board/Ifrit Ultimate for June.
Next slide gotta be character events and next story chapter.

bchdaxhqkjnw.jpg

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm so glad Quistis is end of May. Gives me time to rack up to 100k again maybe! Also, I never got her 35 cp last time when she was first released so thank goodness I can at least get that.

EDIT: DAMN ROSA TOO? AGHHHHHHHHHH RNG PRAISE ME PLEASE.

Last edited:

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Exciting times coming up, with Golbez, Rinoa, and Sephiroth coming up in relative short order after Quistis as well. Keep stocking up on those gems/tickets where you can!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Barret!! His banner will be the big one for me next month, especially if Tifa's EX shows on it, I just love the both of them too much. I'd like Kuja's EX but not sure I want to chase. Same for Quistis.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm very excited about the new stuff! Can't wait for new story. Gotta save some more gems now for Quistis, Rosa, and Rinoa. Oh and if Tifa ex arrives too... lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And it's over, free rewards are :
20 draw tickets, 10 armor tokens, 1000 gems, 3 power tokens.

Will certainly try my luck at Kuja other Quistis / Golbez / Rinoa are all coming in less than 2 months.

Stealing the schedule from a reddit post (here)

• 24 APR [Wednesday]: WoI 1/2 SP Campaign, New Update, Gem Sale, Loading Screen, Chocobo Panel Missions
  • 25 APR [Thursday]: Locke
  • 29 APR [Monday]: Bahamut
  • 2 MAY [Thursday]: Heretic Delta
  • 3 MAY [Friday]: WoI Coop
  • 6 MAY [Monday]: Heretic Theta, Barret
  • 9 MAY [Thursday]: Kuja Lost Chapter, Yuna and Kuja Costume
  • 15 MAY [Wednesday]: Act 2 Chapter 2 (Paladin Cecil)
  • 22 MAY [Wednesday]: Quistis Lost Chapter
  • 24 MAY [Friday]: Diabolos
  • 27 MAY [Monday]: Rosa

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
May is looking to be full of content.

Pulling for Barret's 35.

I want Kuja's EX but it might not be worth the investment with Rinoa coming probably 2 months after.
Quistis EX I want as well but I heard she might be better as a friend unit? hmmm

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Quistis is a fantastic friend unit, but if you grab her EX, she's also very good on any team.
She gets a 40% ATK and MBRV aura, EX base's recharge speed is fast (same as Bartz, Vaan in comparison is normal for some example) and her EX framed buff is 40% ATK/MBRV as well.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Kouriozan - how would you personally rate Bartz ex? I have an accidental MLB everything, but no EX for him. And I guess his role is battery, so if I already have a max Cait Sith, I guess I wouldn't run both?
It's OK, it's going to be powercreeped really hard starting with Kuja.
But Bartz is indeed mix of a support/damage dealer.
Will see more and more characters/skills/rework with overflow so being at max bravery won't be as bad as it is nowadays.
Bartz and Cait both have bravery overflow so it can work.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Really torn between going all in for Locke or waiting g on Rinoa. Any insight as to who is more meta?
Locke is weird at first, will become OK with his rework and then good with his EX+
Rinoa is instantly amazing but start to fade away approaching the level 70 era, she's getting her 70 and EX+ this month in Japan and I don't doubt she'll be amazing again.
Now Rinoa will be here in 2 months so you got time.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Not only is Locke weird, his kit's more complicated to use. Couple that with what Kouriozan said... he won't really be a standout character until way later when his EX+ is released. (I pulled his EX in JP back when he was released, and benched him immediately after his event was over.) I'd wait for Rinoa.

If any of you fellow hoarders out there are really patient, I'd consider saving some resources for Vayne. Granted he's still a few months out at best, but he carried me for a good amount of time while easily remaining competitive with the first few batches of lv70 awakened characters. I stopped playing JP during Noel's event so I'm not sure how quickly he fell off since then, but the gems spent for him were well worth it.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
May looks to be a pretty busy month, but it's an easy skip just because of how busy/good the months after it will be for me.

Also, finally we get an 'accept all' button. That is definitely nice lol.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
With Quistis next month and Rinoa potentially after I'm going to start being really strict on pulls. My goal will be to try and get close to 200k gems by the time Quistis LC releases and hope that I manage to get her EX early on in my pulls so that I don't end up digging too much into my stash for Rinoa. With all of the events coming I don't think I'll have any trouble building up to 200k but the tickets will probably only be in the 200 range since I might spend a few if I feel I really need some of the banner weapons.

Once those big events are over then the savings all start building back up for Ultimecia which I will have plenty of time for.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I'm about to give up on this current EX because I can't get close to finishing in 90 turns.

Need either Bartz EX or Lightning's..

I really should've pulled for Beatrix lmao

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thankful I managed to get Beatrix's EX when her banner was still available. She's helped me with a lot of content.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nowadays all JP video I watch use Y'shtola, looks like she become really amazing with her EX+
With it she starts with her EX charged, it give so much HP/Bravery it max out everyone and it doesn't increase the turn count.

And I'm not seeing Sherlotta anymore, looks like her reign is over.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Same, this feel like I missed big time, just like when Sazh got his early 35CP.
I managed to do it in 90 turns but that with a lucky RNG (turns and launch)
Do you remember which skills you used per wave? And when you summoned? I'm trying to beat it with Bartz 35/Lilisette/Sazh but I keep fizzling out by the time I get Caius down to half of his health. Then the HP regen kicks in and RIP 90 turns

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Do you remember which skills you used per wave? And when you summoned? I'm trying to beat it with Bartz 35/Lilisette/Sazh but I keep fizzling out by the time I get Caius down to half of his health. Then the HP regen kicks in and RIP 90 turns
Don't remember a lot but you gotta finish the first wave before it's "all" attack, for Ultimecia it's summon Bahamut with Layle friend since she's not considered a boss she flies easily.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Choco missions are cool. And generious as Kouriozan said.

TIL that there is a game guide that tells you how to play the game. Admittedly I think it's a lot of the stuff that was there on the first week of release, but not only was that over a year ago, but I was way hammered when it came out.

Edit: Oh! Another small (MAJOR!) accomplishment today thanks to choco missions, for the first time since I started playing again in November, I have every single armor and weapon full upgraded. I no longer need to farm the orb battle in World of Ruins or whatever.

Edit2: I play on an iPad 2018 and i'm not sure if it's in my head or not, but the new loading screens are cool, yet seems like loading time was increased to make up for it? Is this an obvious fact, or is it in my head?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
All these gems from the chocobo missions were nice. I am on the expert part now and need to grind 20 co op quests. No rush XD

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting some great artifact passives for WoL, Cait, and Eiko lately. Cloud, Lightning, and Squall though I've been having a harder time with.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Eidojas are not kind to me, I couldn't get a keepable roll so far and I spent all my natural stamina on it.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
All these gems from the chocobo missions were nice. I am on the expert part now and need to grind 20 co op quests. No rush XD

Exact same as me. I never do co-op, and I figured I was the only one so.... ya, that's the only one left for me.

Kouriozan - Your standards are probably much higher than mine, I imagine you're getting the best in slot or whatever from the guides that are there... that disclaimer thrown out there, they have been OMG nice to me, like 8 out of 10 have had double orange or ** whatever. Like to the point where I actually wouldn't mind grinding artifacts some.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with ATK+108 and MBRV+200 at this point, I don't think I got a double orange too.
This will be much better when we get them with coop.

Edit : only got Celes 15CP with the free Locke draw, this banner is so skip.

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Free Pull
Locke 35cp
2x Powerstones

Well, was hoping to get an EX. Should be an easy EX this week at least.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
My free draw was quite generous - 2 copies of Locke's 35cp, one copy of Setzer's 35, and two off banner 15s.

Locke's story event is pretty good so far too. His victory pose is cute lol.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
You guys are giving me hope on this EX if it's really easy. I haven't logged on since tonight's update. Will go get on that now.

Will edit in my free pull here shortly.

Wow bad free pull... Celes 15/11

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
You guys are giving me hope on this EX if it's really easy. I haven't logged on since tonight's update. Will go get on that now.

Will edit in my free pull here shortly.

Best of luck!

I kinda like when there are easy ones on occasion, since no matter what characters you have, you can just have fun destroying the boss with others!

I like to try out character's that aren't in the meta that I've sufficiently buffed out, since it gives you a good environment to try stuff out and find out how much some characters offer in a party.

I found out how much I love Galuf and Fujin through this, and I've warmed up a bunch to Krile recently too! She's also pretty good in this event, especially with Setzers.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Good old launch made this EX fight easy but honestly it starts to feel pretty weak. (121k with Setzer / Cait / Layle / Pande & Layle friend)
Kuja's coming next so it'll be welcome change.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Free pull was great. Setzer 35cp, powerstone, powerstone. Setzer 35 cp is amazing for me since his 15 has been mlb awhile now.