• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Finished the expert panel board but the app crashes every time I try to go back in to the missions. Got the powerstones though so hopefully that was it.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I fell asleep when I got home from work so I just finally opened up the game to see all the additions and updates. I'm really enjoying these choco missions and the generous rewards given.

Free draw got me Celes's 35cp. I'm going to spend a few tickets to try for some Locke weapons but I won't go hard if I get nothing.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Oh cool. Got Locke's EX on my free draw.. Guess this means I have save up even more gems for Kuja and Golbez.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
After a 30 min book I learned that Eidojas aren't worth it and artifact feature is trash >.<
I literally just got better results with Eidogas I got in that session.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got 1 Celes 15CP off the free draw smh

Noticed the only thing I'm missing from completing the Destines EX is 3 tickets so maybe i won't stress myself over trying to complete it before it expires

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
When can we expect Celes's rework and EX+ 7* to hit in Japan? I'm telling ya if her ex has overflow she's gonna be super beast as hell. I still love using her but I feel she's really underappreciated. Once ultimate Ifrit hits she's gonna be a great asset !

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
So, I tried the new EX last night since you guys said it was easier. For those who didn't know, i've only been able to beat one EX, and it was a rez fest with Y'sh EX. That was a while ago I think that was vs. Kary/Maralith/Maliris.

Anyway since I was close, but not Super close, I was going to try again one more time today, but not because I had a plan, but because I was going to record it and ask Madvin_a and WarAdept to make a (probably huge) list of everything I'm doing wrong.

But, uh, then I beat it. Not easily, I got in 94 turns of the required 80 and got a 70k score, and I think that's 15-20k short of the goal, but I got it!

So I'm going to see if this video is too long for Youtube or not, and then I'll edit it in here. I invite anybody who is curious, helpful, or has the time to critique it to death. Assume I know nothing. I won't be offended. There is an obvious one or two, where I forgot to imperil with Garnet before doing a Beatrix Climhazzard, and a different time where I gambled that Cait Sith would break it, and it came up 300 brave short, but pretty much just assume I'm really ignorant to some probably obvious things to you.

If nobody has the time or cares to do such a thing, that's ok too because I"m just happy I beat it. I used Beatrix EX and mlb everything, Garnet ex and mlb everything, Cait Sith mlb everything, and Setzer friend. I used Level 20 Ramuh summon because even though I don't think that's common, i figured the whole Lightning and all.

The synergy characters for this event for me are like 60/52, 50/25, and 50/50 but not very fleshed out with gear (and of course crystals) so they never stood a chance. But since the normal mobs are weak to Water and Boss is weak to lightning, I was hoping my "A Team" would do it. Well it did work out for me, but again, but just barely!

Will edit in video link in a little bit.

Edit: Took me longer than expected since I am no YouTube pro.

https://youtu.be/oXOIrR7CR_w

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Wow, I dont know how I missed this information but they pretty much fixed all of her problems. I checked the Altema tier list for JP and she's at S tier.... wow! Now that's just amazing to see. She sounds very powerful with that 7 star and her rework is amazing. Very happy! Also... OVERFLOW 150% is going to increase her damage for sure.

Also, Rinoa is getting her party dress in JP!

7ivSr5t.png

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017

Dat Brotherly Love animation.

I have a feeling we will get Rinoa's party dress early with her event. I was wondering why it isn't officially announced and realized it was from a data mine.

Second VIII costume HYPE.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Between the panel missions, stream challenge, increased logon rewards etc. this game has been super generous lately. I'm up to 40K gems for next month, which is actually a lot for me lol.

I also split the 20 tickets from the stream challenge 10/10 between the two awakening banners. Got nothing for Lightning but I did pull Bartz's EX so happy result there!

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I hit the money cap and I can't get rid of unclaimed gil rewards. I wish we could do something with money other than upgrade equipment, which I don't need to do right now.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The game should really let us be able to claim gils even at max cap, just like with Brave Exvius.
It's pretty annoying to have that constant exclamation mark on the mission button.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I dont know how I missed this information but they pretty much fixed all of her problems. I checked the Altema tier list for JP and she's at S tier.... wow! Now that's just amazing to see. She sounds very powerful with that 7 star and her rework is amazing. Very happy! Also... OVERFLOW 150% is going to increase her damage for sure.

Also, Rinoa is getting her party dress in JP!

7ivSr5t.png
Nice.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This Locke coop is pretty fast, especially with three Setzer's lol. I've already redeemed all of the items from the shop.

I think I'm gonna work on leveling up all of the summons next, I've been kind of lazy about it and now's the time with most of them having half SP costs.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Took me longer than expected since I am no YouTube pro.
https://youtu.be/oXOIrR7CR_w

First off, grats on the kill! Have free time at last, lets see:

Start:
Ramuh bad! Garnet can Imperil Lightning, right? Then should go Brothers or Bahamut (best). Another option would be Pandemonium w/Layle Friend.

Wave one:
Mog dance used when could've killed with just HP attacked.

Wave 2:
Broke C instead of A
Break order should have been A->C->B
Want to avoid getting broken, like Garnet did in this wave. Mog dance could have been used this wave instead of first.

Wave 3:
After Mog dance, could just HP attacked to clear wave. Maybe save a skill use.

Wave 4:
Seems fine!

Wave 5:
Boss punishes getting broken, which happens around turns 42, 45, 65, 88.
46, Friend brought in to shave BRV. Setzer friend best brought in to prevent damage for AOE HP attack.
72, Beatrix EX, should of used a turn earlier or after dumping BRV.
84/4, Perfect time for EX..and no EX use! I like hitting big numbers and all too, but sometimes, just use when it's up.
Could have been more aggressive skill wise with Garnet, either on Mid boss or Boss itself.
Summon itself can happen whenever though, get the most out of it if used along side Setzer friend, who hits range weakness on boss.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
First off, grats on the kill! Have free time at last, lets see:

Start:
Ramuh bad! Garnet can Imperil Lightning, right? Then should go Brothers or Bahamut (best). Another option would be Pandemonium w/Layle Friend.

Wave one:
Mog dance used when could've killed with just HP attacked.

Wave 2:
Broke C instead of A
Break order should have been A->C->B
Want to avoid getting broken, like Garnet did in this wave. Mog dance could have been used this wave instead of first.

Wave 3:
After Mog dance, could just HP attacked to clear wave. Maybe save a skill use.

Wave 4:
Seems fine!

Wave 5:
Boss punishes getting broken, which happens around turns 42, 45, 65, 88.
46, Friend brought in to shave BRV. Setzer friend best brought in to prevent damage for AOE HP attack.
72, Beatrix EX, should of used a turn earlier or after dumping BRV.
84/4, Perfect time for EX..and no EX use! I like hitting big numbers and all too, but sometimes, just use when it's up.
Could have been more aggressive skill wise with Garnet, either on Mid boss or Boss itself.
Summon itself can happen whenever though, get the most out of it if used along side Setzer friend, who hits range weakness on boss.

First off thank you, I didn't think anybody would have the time to help. Very kind of you to spend 20-30 mins of your personal time helping your vitual acquaintance on a message board about mobile games! Thank you!

I will take a closer look at the things you mentioned. I know Ramuh so to be bad, and everybody always only uses the same 3 summons, but I figured maybe my Lightning team would be exception with Ramuh boost? I guess not. He is the first one I took to level 20 too lol.

Also, I guess the "uh ya, duh" advice on all ex fights is to not get broken? sometimes I know I'm probably going to get broken, but I just go all-in, which I guess is hurting me.

Edit: oh and in general is what's making it hard for me is just a few bad turns, getting broken, and wrong summon -- or is there something else that's keeping me from being a near-consistent weekly ex-clear player?

Edit2: Rewatching now, with your comments. -- I did Mog dance in Wave 1 just to get everybody setup for the first few waves with the buffs, but you're saying I should just stay unbuffed (or only with Beatrix buff) until boss? -- Also on the bad break order in Wave 2, I usually follow the basic break order that works for this game that people learn in the beginning, but I did it different this time because I was so worried General's Shield would mess things up. But I guess this was bad idea too, but I wanted you to at least know why the wrong break order.

Oh and I just remembered now there is like a 2-3 min pause somewhere, the Wife was asking me questions while I was recording.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I've been working on the Destinies at Odds EX the last two days, trying to get the 90 turns with MLB Lilisette, MLB Lightning (no EX), and MLB Bartz (with EX) and just could not quite get there. Finally subbed in Beatrix for Lightning and cleared it easy peasy in 76 turns. Beatrix still Bae.

With all these grueling EXs out of the way, I think the hardest battle for me was actually the last awakenings Power and Magic Rising Lv 100 quest. So many resets on the first two bosses. It's so nice to have a break from resets with Locke's EX lol.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
For the next EX, Kuja is coming 3 days later so it's going to be easy mode with Kuja EX friend + Bahamut
There is the no boost heretics before but those last the whole month, and with Quistis's 60 it's cheat mode lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Cleared Locke's EX with ease but the score is a completely different story. Destroying that thing twice is time consuming even with heavy hitters. I can't get the extra rewards. I always kill it by turn 75 or so. Not sure how I can do any faster without burning skills in some waves. Lightning becomes near useless when the boss is flying and that's removing a lot of my damage.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, Is it fine to start Opera Omnia now? How is state of the game ?
Is it a good gacha to f2p?

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle

I "came back" in November, but although I played at release in Jan 2018, I only played for a week and did not give it a serious try.

This game is super-mega-duper f2p friendly. I can only compare it to Final Fantasy Record Keeper, as I didn't play the other FF gachas or FE Emblems longer than a couple weeks to really be able to compare and comment on. In comparison to FFRK: The Good is that it gives you a lot more in game currency, or at least it seems to last longer/go further than FFRK. In FFRK I have been a daily player for the few years that has been out and have a top level account. My experience there is that a F2P cannot help but be way behind everybody else. There is some exceptions and smart pulling helps, as one board member over there in paricular is just a hair behind everybody else and has remained f2p -- here (again my opinion) in Opera Omnia, it seems like paying is not required to be end game, and that the game seems to make its money more on the people who want to collect everything for their favorite players, or who pay for special suits. The bad with all of this though is, the things that Opera Omnia wants you to buy seems to have very few "cheap options" where even their Kupocard mini special seems to be highly priced for what you get. Buying a character outfit over here is 36 bucks where as that would be free in FFRK. Of course, the obvious difference is that the art/graphics here is really amazing and it's not pixel art.

Now, that's just opinion, as anybody's will be, but I feel like the concise tl;dr answer is "easier to remain relevant in Opera Omnia, but in FFRK your money spent goes further and last longer" (gear doesn't become outdated as fast there as it does here).

While I consider myself an FFRK pro, vet, expert, ama type person, over here I'm barely a notch ahead a new person, as I've been playing again since November and know a lot for a newbie, but far from knowing the formulas, percents, and the behind the scenes on how stuff works. So you may get a totally different answer from someone else. In comparison to FFRK, WarAdept , Madvin_a, Officer.Sanchez, tsakiki, or Keym are people who can also probably give good or better input. Especially Adept because he's advertised that he plays 4 or more Gachas simultaneously.

Or maybe some of our FFBE players, which isn't me.

I hope this helps.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Basically what friz said: the game is extremely generous with its resources, and saving for your favorite characters is an actual viable strategy to play the game and clear most of its content. It can be a bit grindy at the end of the day, which means it's best to play in short bursts, unless you're playing the story missions which, surprisingly, are pretty good for a f2p game!

If you want to jump in, now is the perfect time. There's currently a campaign going on that gives you extra rewards for daily missions and log ins. You should give it a try.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Yeah, it's probably the most friendly free to play gacha, IMO. There are tons and tons of resources to pull. Tons of gems are available so if you plan on re rolling dont hurt yourself too much. The state of the game right now is pretty good. Lots of fixes have happened that improved the game tremendously from it's bare bones launch etc etc. If you want to play it... i'd pull for favourites because it is more fun that way. You can also pull for "meta" units if you wish but the game is friendly enough to get tons of weapons mlb with free to play gems. I've not spent a single cent and I have been really lucky with EX weapons. Although if you are chasing an EX make sure you go in with a pretty hefty amount of gems because the rates are pretty low. However, 15 cp and 35 cp weapons (basically two weapons required for the character passive abilities) do drop pretty frequently on pulls. Take advantage of free pulls, half off banners, etc. Oh and also tickets are available in great numbers from every event. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Yes and Yes.

I don't do much coop, but it's definitely a team-thing and pretty good in this game. I just don't like waiting on finding people.

In long run? I'm still having a lot of fun, don't burn yourself out though, because there is a LOT of content to clear to "catch up" if you feel all things must be done.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Yes and Yes.

I don't do much coop, but it's definitely a team-thing and pretty good in this game. I just don't like waiting on finding people.

In long run? I'm still having a lot of fun, don't burn yourself out though, because there is a LOT of content to clear to "catch up" if you feel all things must be done.

You should really do co op though. You're missing on tons of tickets per event. It's nice to stockpile those. Waiting doesn't take very long and the missions aren't very hard so dont be scared if you under perform. As a general rule... the only thing that grinds my gears in co op is non boosted characters in boosted rooms. Less rewards and just a longer run lol.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
You should really do co op though. You're missing on tons of tickets per event. It's nice to stockpile those. Waiting doesn't take very long and the missions aren't very hard so dont be scared if you under perform. As a general rule... the only thing that grinds my gears in co op is non boosted characters in boosted rooms. Less rewards and just a longer run lol.

I do it sometimes, no not worrid about under performing, I usually do ok. But ok, maybe I stop being lazy. I'm just super impatient like Adept.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
New banners are just re runs. A bit disappointing but yay time to save more! Already have Terra EX!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
What the fuck at that Cecil weapon.

Like, this character get's so much rightful disrespect for an underwhelming moveset, and they drop an EX that has 250% Overflow.

That almost feels like overcompensation! I'm looking forward to seeing him in action during Co-ops though! Hope everybody enjoys him!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Probably passing on both banners. I'd like Terra's EX eventually but it feels like we're gearing up to a new meta so want to save for what's to come.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Banners feel like bait. Also surprised at no half off first pull. Makes it easy to pass on them. GL to those that do pull though.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Yeah, it's a WOI weapon. Hasn't been released yet.

Right, well that's a great upgrade for her dps imo and she's only going to be better with her 70 release!

Also, since Tifa EX is probably coming this week.... I've stockpiled at least 80+ tickets. I cant afford to use gems with the coming month. Maybe one or two pulls if i'm desperate but I'm always worried Yuna EX might see an early release. I dont think Terra EX got a re run this early in Japan so GL is changing things too much.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Could complete the last new stage but to get the 180k score I'll need EX weapons, is someone even being able to do without EX / Beatrix / Deuce.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Got both Hope and Cloud's WoI weapon in half pull + 4 tickets, neat.
Cloud rework when :p

Last edited: