• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I've cleared just about everything in this game that I can clear, all hard modes, etc., with the exception of a few rank ups that I'm mostly saving for when I'm in a pinch and the last lines of the panel mission. Grand total is now 70K gems so that'll pretty much guarantee Tifa's EX and some goodies for Barret. If anything is left, I'll divvy that up between Kuja and Quistis. It's the most I've ever saved, whoa.

Got both Hope and Cloud's WoI weapon in half pull + 4 tickets, neat.
Cloud rework when :p

They should do a triple EX banner for Barret's event. Move his EX up, plus Tifa's, and then add Cloud's rework plus EX rerun, awwww yeah.

They won't but it'd be cool lol.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I even used Sephiroth, but good he need his 60 already haha.

Edit : why does this keep happening, this is annoying as f*ck

83de6650-5c1e-40d0-a7fgjq2.png

My EX are for Cloud / WoL / Vaan so they're pretty useless for this, at this point I'm just waiting Quistis to powercreep this (Cloud rework pls, he's doing pitiful damage now)

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's a lot of heretic quests, even as a day one players I don't have 24 good geared characters.
Another problem is I have Quistis / Lenna / Sephiroth maxed but they still are stuck at level 50

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've honestly never really cared for the heretic quests, and same problem here in that I don't have enough good geared characters to do it even though I've been playing since launch.

I spent a couple of tickets on Barret's banner, the only noteworthy thing I got was Tifa's 15cp.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn there is so much to do right now. I guess just more resources for Quistis and Rinoa.

I kind of want to do some pulls for Barret but don't want to risk pulling any Tifa stuff though I guess if I do I can just power gem it all. I'll see how Co-Op is without synergy characters.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I know I'll never be this lucky again but

got it on my first ticket when I was going for Barret lol

I've never been that lucky lol my best ex has always been 3 tickets. That's insane! Congrats!
I've honestly never really cared for the heretic quests, and same problem here in that I don't have enough good geared characters to do it even though I've been playing since launch.

I spent a couple of tickets on Barret's banner, the only noteworthy thing I got was Tifa's 15cp.

Heretic quests is pretty much really demanding so I can understand your sentiments. But I really do think they are fun. It's really tight and offers shards/gems/tickets. They are worth doing and certainly not meant to be one shots. Or maybe it's cause I love difficult content haha.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been that lucky lol my best ex has always been 3 tickets. That's insane! Congrats!

Heretic quests is pretty much really demanding so I can understand your sentiments. But I really do think they are fun. It's really tight and offers shards/gems/tickets. They are worth doing and certainly not meant to be one shots. Or maybe it's cause I love difficult content haha.
It's not like I hate the quests, maybe I'm just growing more and more tired of them. I'll try to do as much as I can for the rewards.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
You know you really love a character when you'd rather bail on your GoT watch party to play through their OO event than watch the episode with your friends a second time lol. Anyway, just got home, did one quick multi, and got one copy of Barret's 15, one of his 35, and one copy of Tifa's 35. I'll play through the event then try my luck with tickets before more multis.

I know I'll never be this lucky again but

got it on my first ticket when I was going for Barret lol
'Grats on the crazy good EX luck!! Hope that carries on and you can get some goodies for Barret too. :)

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Against my better judgement, I dove into the new banner and finally emerged with Tifa's EX... 60k gems and 80 tickets later. Told myself I needed a reliable launcher since I've yet to pull Layle's 35cp, but it still hurts especially knowing that so many great banners are coming our way soon. Also bemused at realizing how real the desire sensor seems to be in my case; as a huge FF7 fan, all my worst bouts of luck have all happened on FF7-centric banners in this game.

Oh well, plenty of people worse off; on to the next. Best of luck to everyone pulling on this banner!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Took a bunch of tickets and about half my gems but got her EX! Picked up everything for Barret and Maria too so not a bad result all in all.

Also, yes, Cloud needs his rework asap; gotta keep up with his girl.

And Barret's story event had it's moments.
The VII reunion there at the end was cute. Wish Aerith had been included in it though.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Completed all the "normal" low level heretics but the last one was surprisingly difficult, I think I don't even need to try the level 100 stage to know it's going to obliterate me.
Would be sad if it's yet another go Bartz/Beatrix/Lightning EX or go home, when they specifically told us to use any character we wanted.

Might be a case for "wait for Quistis" again.

Edit : managed to perfect all 80 stages, surprisingly. I'm now at 300 tickets so I might throw 40/50 on Kuja in 3 days rather than the initial 20.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo, the hard EX stages (for character event) era is over! I can complete them (with the 500 gems score) without EX weapons!

c41b8bef-d71e-4a88-9024j5v.png

Now the heretics is another level, I just gotta hope for Cloud rework or if Quistis will be enough, Kuja wouldn't since the last boss resist magic on the first level 100 heretic.

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You only get 5 tickets for completing the monthly missions?? I feel betrayed.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Alright, wanna throw out a topic I've been thinking about.

The way many characters have been emulated when put into Opera Omnia has been pretty interesting, I'd say. I'd like to spark discussion around it, so...

How do you think a particular Final Fantasy character would be represented mechanically if they showed up in Opera Omnia?

You don't have to provide made up stats or anything, just thought it'd be fun to imagine how they'd turn out!

Like, for example, if they managed to put Desch from FF3, I'd love to see his rambunctious personality infer his abilities!

I can see him giving minor battery with a minor, otherwise unique dodge buff to the party, to reflect his position as support and the stark frequency that you have to avoids fights when he's in the party! I'd say his abilities are fire and lighting, since he'd cast those spells when he'd help out.

Ultimately, I'd see Desch as a mix of minor battery and dodge buffer, that would provide aura to the party for buffs and deal in fire and lighting damage. He would be more of a slot-in then anyone with particular focus, kinda like a magic version of Laguna, with his unique claim being a buff that gives everyone a small chance of dodging any attack, something that is usually a self only buff on many characters.

What do you guys think? Got any ideas for characters you can think of?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Completed the Heretic Theta level 100 quest but only with 130k something score, so very far for the 500 gem missions. (175k iirc)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized I didn't get an EX weapons since 2 months, and those past 2 months were big on powercreep, especially with Thancred/Bartz rework. (Only have Cloud / WoL / Vaan)
No wonder I have so much trouble getting the score requirement, I'm due for a new EX soon with a few tickets, isn't it right, game?

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My last EX was Beatrix, so over 2 months, and I'll admit that it's a little disheartening and it'd be nice to get another one soon. I'll spend some tickets for Kuja and Quistis and hope for the best.

It wouldn't surprise me if I don't get another one until Rinoa's at this point.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I must have used like 80 tickets and there's still tons to grind.... no Tifa EX lol. Only two Maria 35 which is not bad I guess. Not sure if I want to use gems afterwards with the coming month though xd

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Golbez and Seven's level 70/EX+ in action.

We triple meteor now, and it starts fully charged (+ free skill next turn)
Seven also looks really nice!

Last edited:

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, Golbez is looking good.
Same for Seven - might not be a bad idea to give her some attention so she'll be ready for later use.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
e8a7dc33-1f0a-491f-b3hlk34.png

35 ticket, but I have neither his 15 or 35CP LMAO
Looks like I'll pull some more.

Edit : 50 tickets later no 15CP, I got his 35 so I'll just power token it.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of tickets and one pull and no EX to show for it.

It feels like I used up all of my luck when I got Beatrix's EX on the free pull for her banner. Over 3 months now without getting a new EX. *sigh*

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
3 pulls and about 50 tickets and got mostly dupes but a 35 for Yuna at least

After my luck earlier this week I don't deserve shit tbh

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Where's the free 15CP with lost chapters when you need it, haha.
By the way I did spend another 50 tickets to chase his 15CP and no luck, so I spent in total 134, more than I wanted but his surprise EX made me do it. Still 200 tickets left and enough gems for 5 pity EX.

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, this was bound to happen. Got Kuja's Ex on the 15th 11 pull. Did budget 75k for it, but still..

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, this was bound to happen. Got Kuja's Ex on the 15th 11 pull. Did budget 75k for it, but still..
Damn, at least you should have tons of powerstone, I'm back at 1 T-T
Also I don't think we're friend so can you add me? 813 035 855 (or check your followers)
Thanks, and I'll work on passives of course.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I might throw 20 tickets at it later but I have every other weapon MLB'd so it would be some crazy insane luck to get the one thing I don't have on it with the lowest odds of dropping. Would be nice though, Kuja is definitely a powerhouse!

And 'grats to those who got it!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, at least you should have tons of powerstone, I'm back at 1 T-T
Also I don't think we're friend so can you add me? 813 035 855 (or check your followers)

Yeah, pretty set on stones for a pretty long time! Followed ya' back. They really should improve how the friends stuff works in this game...

*edit*
334K Kuja LC using Kuja w/EX, Setzer, Eiko, Bahamut and friend Kuja. Super easy. Friend Kuja just wrecks waves leading to boss. Boss drops pretty quickly due to all the saved up skills.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Calliope!
Finally could get both heretic level 100 500 gems score.

2a6dcb4a-f998-4a23-9eqbjl7.png

Event missions tabs is empty! Been so long since I could do that, haha. I'll probably skip Golbez until his LC since I got Kuja's EX, so Quistis / Lenna / Rinoa to get and that's only until late June.

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Having trouble with these heretic level 100's

all the videos I've seen for them always have a character with an EX I don't have lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Having trouble with these heretic level 100's

all the videos I've seen for them always have a character with an EX I don't have lol
I was in the same situation, only thing that helped me is this : Bartz / Eiko / Selphie no EXs

Couldn't get the 500 gems score with this (thanks RNG) but I was very very close.

Oct 27, 2017
Power & Magic's Chasm: Rising 100 completed first try

392103213d9yjdg.png

Bartz EX, Caith Sith, Beatrix EX, Kuja friend and Bahamut.

Kuja completely destroys the last wave, I replaced beatrix for him > summon > EX > and Ultima away. When the summon ended Malboro was almost dead and Ultima Weapon with a red bar.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Kuja's definitely going to be a beast for the next 4 weeks, then Golbez will be slightly stronger and finally, 2 weeks later Rinoa steals the show.
We should also get Cloud's rework in June and he'll be really strong again, with a guaranteed paralysis on Cross Slash after using Finishing Touch.

Edit : Kuja everywhere in this coop, haha.

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is Selphie a good support character with just her 15 and 35? I already have Cait Sith, how does she compare to him?

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Selphie is fine with her 15/35. She's more of a defensive compared to Cait. So, reduced BRV damage w/Battery and a more direct heal w/battery. I've been using Eiko or Cait over her the last couple of EX's though, that extra offense is too hard to pass up.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Selphie is fine with her 15/35. She's more of a defensive compared to Cait. So, reduced BRV damage w/Battery and a more direct heal w/battery. I've been using Eiko or Cait over her the last couple of EX's though, that extra offense is too hard to pass up.
Would Eiko be a better option over Selphie then? I think I have some of her weapons lying around.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Kuja's definitely going to be a beast for the next 4 weeks, then Golbez will be slightly stronger and finally, 2 weeks later Rinoa steals the show.
We should also get Cloud's rework in June and he'll be really strong again, with a guaranteed paralysis on Cross Slash after using Finishing Touch.

Edit : Kuja everywhere in this coop, haha.

We played co-op Today, that's so cool!!! I was one of the Kuja's!!! =3

Please follow me back!!!
/fanboyism ends

BTW, farming artifacts can be a pain, last time I did this was for Beatrix, and I forgot how tedious can be... I got decent artifacts for Kuja Today but I don't want to keep farming anymore... Any tips guys?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
We played co-op Today, that's so cool!!! I was one of the Kuja's!!! =3

Please follow me back!!!
/fanboyism ends

BTW, farming artifacts can be a pain, last time I did this was for Beatrix, and I forgot how tedious can be... I got decent artifacts for Kuja Today but I don't want to keep farming anymore... Any tips guys?
I follow everyone back as long as they're not full, I still have around 100 slots haha.
If you were full I removed you so free up a slot and me again 813.035.855