• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
The power of double Quistis cheese VS. level 150 battle Ifrit (you only need to do it once, the farming battle is the level 100 one)
It doesn't even get a turn after his turn 0 AoE BRV+HP attack.

I won't pull Vanille EX but I can replicate that, that fight is pretty much charge summon and done.

The music in this battle is crazy good. :O

So I've almost maxed Qusitis. Kind of meh on her. Turn delay is of course nice and her EX recharge is quick but whiffing an HP attack without meeting the brave threshold sucks for it so she'll probs work best with a battery. I don't think I needed her in my roster but it didn't cost much to get so it's good to have just the same. Plus she's the best VIII girl. <3

The story event was fun though. Dumb Sabin is the best lol.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got Quistis' EX as well, only took two pulls which surprised me.

I also got 2 of her 35cp's which I didn't get when she was initially here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
If they ever end up making Edward, I REALLY hope his lost chapter has Troian Beauty playing, it is to date my favorite videogame song of all time, I cry a little every time I listen to it.

Note: Not Real, Just Having Fun Coming Up With Ideas!

As for theory crafting, I'd say they'd do well making him a very good Aura Buffer, with both abilities dealing status ailments and providing a powerful speed buff with attack, and bravery regen with max brave, respectively.

His general skill set would be in providing his allies helpful stat increases, while acting with very little attacking. His kit would work similarly to Garnet, but with a unique support bent.

He'd have few ability uses, but his abilities would either last for a long time, or be timeless buffs, and his Brv and Hp attacks would change to be small, strange effects, like his Brv abilities would become Hide, providing perfect evasion for a single turn along with a small personal Brave battery, and Salve, giving everyone a little HP and Brave.

His HP attacks would probably be low chance status effects like Blind and Silence for a turn or two, they'd clear his brave without an attack, but can provide a little extra.

His EX would very much be a max overflow battery, like to 200%, and provide himself with a special status buff that combines his Aura's and support effects for two turns, making his HP attack try to inflict Blind and Silence, and having his Brv use Salve and Hide at the same time.

I'd like to think his Abilties would change too, but that'd be a little too much, I think. His abilities exist to provide a sort of Paradigm Shift between his buffs and skills, and I think they shouldn't be providing too much to complicate that. Maybe his EX would restore ability uses, so that he can use them more as the fight goes on, and maybe they provide a free turn to use, since they only change his skill set.

Summary:

IF Edward got added, he would be a huge passive supporter, with abilities that provide Damage(Hastemarch) and Bravery(Life's Anthem) buffs respectively, that change his brave attacks to pure support, perfect dodge and small self battery and heal(Hide), and small battery and heal to party(Salve) respectively, and his HP attacks to inflict Blind or Silence.

His EX (Troian Beauty) would be a massive overflow brave battery, and it would fuse his aura's, and their changed abilities, for two turns, making his Brv provide healing and brave to everyone, then brave to himself and a one turn perfect dodge, and his HP dump his brave and try to inflict either Blind or Silence for two turns.

Honestly, I can only see Edward as a somewhat Spoony support with powerful Auras. It makes sense, since it's what he did in his game, and would make him an interesting and appealing addition! Let me know what you guys think of this write up!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I got Quistis' EX as well, only took two pulls which surprised me.

I also got 2 of her 35cp's which I didn't get when she was initially here.
Nice job, you pretty much Nailed it! I'd grab her 15cp with weapon tokens if you can afford to do so, and bust open your power orbs to MLB her stat, since her abilities are really good for boss killing with proper attack support!

That's a big thing to understand if you wanna make Quistis your best party member, she can handle her attack rotation of Laser Whip and EX by herself, no battery, as long as she has her EX up, her Enemy debuffed after one use of her abilities or EX, and Maybe one more attack buff from a friend.

She can practically handle it all on her own since she has a normal and EX attack buff and a debuff activates Attack aura, but after pairing her with Kuja, Beatrix, Barret, Bartz, literally anyone with a stackable Attack buff or Attack aura, she will never miss out on a conditional HP attack.

Just be careful with Max Brave, she can usually handle a higher damage ceiling without issue, but it usually pays to have that mixed with an attack buff, like Beatrix's Attack and Brave unique buff, or Lilisette's Attack aura plus Max Brave buff.

Basically, she only needs a little setup to be self sufficent, but you'll get a lot out of mixing her Attack Aura with another characters.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I can't believe Quistis is 18 years old, I always assumed she was in her late 20s in FFVIII, what the fuck.

Yeah man, she's an undergrad teacher role model!

This is like, the only game where I don't internalize the idea that Japanese characters are aged down for cynical marketing reasons.
(and problematic Japanese societal reinforcement that the best years are behind you and you'll work until you die.)

It makes sense that she was probably ahead of her classes and took on more responsibility then she could handle, despite a love of teaching, and became a teacher after her SeeD exam. They grow those mercenaries young, she's got a year on everyone else in the party!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Finished all the heretics ez with Quistis lol

Yeah, she's a sweeper for those! I was super intimidated trying to play them before getting her, but with the Rediculous turn skip she provides, I had a much better time!

Also, anyone excited for Rosa? Not the tip top character of importance right now, but she does have Reraise in case stuff goes south, and provides Brave Dump Battery! She'll get much better when her EX+ comes around, though, so I'd hold off and get Y'shtola if you don't have her instead until she gets her rework.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Does anyone else have trouble connecting using phone data, or just me? The game seems to just lag at the loading screens when I try to play while roaming about. Doesn't seem to be an issue when I start it with internet, then continue with data, so maybe it doesn't like how it connects initially.

Edit: Nevermind, I turned off LTE and it worked. Wonder if other games have trouble with LTE...

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
A little frustrated but I finally got Quistis's EX after a ton of pulls. My savings hit from 115k to 76K gems. Well, that's probably not going to be enough for Rinoa/Rosa :( But I'm really happy I got the ex. I was about to throw my phone in frustration. So many stupid off banners. Even got 5 gold one time. Power stones galore!

But yeah, if they early release Yuna EX i'm gonna be so pissed. My tickets have all been used except for the ones I haven't got from heretics and Quistis's hard LC yet. I'm gonna stockpile tickets like mad now and pray for the best.

FPjQttb.png

FpKgcHX.png

EDIT: I forgot the summoning board was coming. That's sure to ease all of my frustration! haha

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Nice work Hikari! I do hope you can get Rosa's EX if you can with tickets, but Rinoa is gonna be rad for a long while, and I would honestly skip over Rosa and wait for Lenna. Lenna and Rinoa is the power duo for like the next six months of the game, since Rinoa loses 20% HP on her best move, and Lenna provides 20% HP regen on all party members. They are literally a match made in heaven.

However, Rosa is rad, but she will be much more useful when the new era starts and she gets her good stuff. Then her buffs become that of legends.

I will say though, I'm actually a bit interested in pulling a little for Rinoa, but I wonder if she can kill herself with her Self Damage, or if it's just going to 1 HP? I wonder how viable she is without a healer backing her up, since her self healing slows her damage output down considerably, yet is helpful to get her EX charged up, since her whole thing is turning her Brv and HP attacks into crazy stuff, and Brv and HP attacks don't charge nearly as quickly as abilities...

Regardless, Glad summon boards are coming, I hope I can keep up enough to get my hoard built for August!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay, hold up, Big question!!!

We only have a few more days of Heretic left, so I gotta ask, is it at all worth the effort to get to the last level of those things if you don't have a huge line of useful characters?

Because after getting Quistis, I resigned myself to just completing all of them, but not perfecting them with different teams, because that would be impossible due to how lengthly some of those can be if you don't have characters that work well enough for them. I just don't have 27 characters that would work well enough in the constrictions made in those levels to make 8 different teams, plus a 9th one to beat the last one.

It's like, elemental weaknesses overruling phys/mag resistance can't come soon enough. It'll give characters like Garnet and Fujin a good buff!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Nice work Hikari! I do hope you can get Rosa's EX if you can with tickets, but Rinoa is gonna be rad for a long while, and I would honestly skip over Rosa and wait for Lenna. Lenna and Rinoa is the power duo for like the next six months of the game, since Rinoa loses 20% HP on her best move, and Lenna provides 20% HP regen on all party members. They are literally a match made in heaven.

However, Rosa is rad, but she will be much more useful when the new era starts and she gets her good stuff. Then her buffs become that of legends.

I will say though, I'm actually a bit interested in pulling a little for Rinoa, but I wonder if she can kill herself with her Self Damage, or if it's just going to 1 HP? I wonder how viable she is without a healer backing her up, since her self healing slows her damage output down considerably, yet is helpful to get her EX charged up, since her whole thing is turning her Brv and HP attacks into crazy stuff, and Brv and HP attacks don't charge nearly as quickly as abilities...

Regardless, Glad summon boards are coming, I hope I can keep up enough to get my hoard built for August!

Thanks! Yeah but I can't just skip a favourite of mine. If I struggle getting Rosa's ex with tickets or a few pulls I'm just gonna settle with what I get though. Right now I have my eyes set on Rosa, Rinoa, and then Ashe's EX whenever it arrives. I'm gonna have a huge respite after these few months are over to save gems. Unless they release Yuna's ex early.... that is.

Okay, hold up, Big question!!!

We only have a few more days of Heretic left, so I gotta ask, is it at all worth the effort to get to the last level of those things if you don't have a huge line of useful characters?

Because after getting Quistis, I resigned myself to just completing all of them, but not perfecting them with different teams, because that would be impossible due to how lengthly some of those can be if you don't have characters that work well enough for them. I just don't have 27 characters that would work well enough in the constrictions made in those levels to make 8 different teams, plus a 9th one to beat the last one.

It's like, elemental weaknesses overruling phys/mag resistance can't come soon enough. It'll give characters like Garnet and Fujin a good buff!

It depends if you really want the tickets and gems. I would say yes for sure and Quistis can carry really well. The real problem though is once she gets restricted you cant use her on other heretics so you have to redo the quest with different units to free her and perfect the quest. I'm still struggling trying to get the last quests done in Theta. I didn't even touch the old ones yet because they only reward shards and I dont really need them right now. I will try on the last day.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I wonder how viable it is to pair Lenna with one or two more Brv regen characters? Lenna provides the best iBrv+Brv Regen buff, but I wonder if it's possible to get Brv Regen high enough to sustain max brave HP attacks?

Like, is that worth thinking about? Having Brv Regen so good that you only ever shave to break the boss? It'd be fun to see, at least!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Where the f*ck are Eidojas, they can't keep giving a few and then take them from us lol
Not getting an orange passive after fusing 200 of them, thisisfine.png

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Best of luck!

I spent ten tickets and got zilch, and as much as I like her powerful buffs, I'm holding out until she comes back and tears the house down.

She gets crazy down the line, but I have too many ladies I have to spend tickets on in the immediate future before Vayne and Zack. I'm really hoping to score Lenna, she apparently kicks lots of ass, especially in the Brv Regen department, which will most certainly be a plus for Vayne, since he gets so many free turns to take advantage of Brave Regen.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
A little frustrated but I finally got Quistis's EX after a ton of pulls. My savings hit from 115k to 76K gems. Well, that's probably not going to be enough for Rinoa/Rosa :( But I'm really happy I got the ex. I was about to throw my phone in frustration. So many stupid off banners. Even got 5 gold one time. Power stones galore!

But yeah, if they early release Yuna EX i'm gonna be so pissed. My tickets have all been used except for the ones I haven't got from heretics and Quistis's hard LC yet. I'm gonna stockpile tickets like mad now and pray for the best.

FPjQttb.png

FpKgcHX.png

EDIT: I forgot the summoning board was coming. That's sure to ease all of my frustration! haha
Gratz on getting her EX!

Edit: I'm dumb she is boosted for the Rosa event.

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't clearwd all the heretics but I'll probably try to in the next day or so befoee it goes. I really need to focus on grabbinf as much as I can for Rinoa.
Rosa event (co-op and EX) is pretty easy. 341K on EX using Kuja, Quistis, Eiko, Bahamut and Friend Quistis. The amount of damage two Quistis's can do during summon is pretty silly.

She IS boosted!
Yeah I realized that after when I went and started the event lmao

I saw the banner and just assumed those were the only boosted units.

Now to clear everything so I can see that glorious x3 Quistis run.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Decided to pick this game up a few days ago and have been VERY casually completing 5 campaign quests a day for the dailies. Been having a pretty decent time. Is it possible to do endgame stuff without ever spending gems or is that not feasible?

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Decided to pick this game up a few days ago and have been VERY casually completing 5 campaign quests a day for the dailies. Been having a pretty decent time. Is it possible to do endgame stuff without ever spending gems or is that not feasible?

Well gems is how you get weapons, and you can't fight (endgame or not) without weapons.

If you are asking if it's f2p friendly? It's probably the most generous f2p game out there. But spend your gems wisely.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to give up on getting good artifacts for Quistis, the system would be OK if you didn't have to actually farm for potentially 100 characters...

And Eidojas are not going to be permanent until Rinoa so the torture is not over yet with Golbez coming up.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Well gems is how you get weapons, and you can't fight (endgame or not) without weapons.

If you are asking if it's f2p friendly? It's probably the most generous f2p game out there. But spend your gems wisely.

I see. Follow up question is if there's ever a selector type offer where you pick a weapon you want or any banners with increased 5* rates that I should specifically save for.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I see. Follow up question is if there's ever a selector type offer where you pick a weapon you want or any banners with increased 5* rates that I should specifically save for.

There is a weapon shop where you can buy 15 and 35cp of your choice by using power tokens

You get power tokens which you can only get by logging in as a login reward and takes roughly 1 month to save for a 15cp and roughly 2 months for a 35cp

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
There is a weapon shop where you can buy 15 and 35cp of your choice by using power tokens

You get power tokens which you can only get by logging in as a login reward and takes roughly 1 month to save for a 15cp and roughly 2 months for a 35cp

Oh, is it hypothethically possible then to just sorta wait around and collect dailies/login rewards until I collect 3 35 cp weapons and get through the game with that?

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, is it hypothethically possible then to just sorta wait around and collect dailies/login rewards until I collect 3 35 cp weapons and get through the game with that?

Most of the game is beatable with just 15/35cp weapons, even the weekly event co-op's. Only content that currently requires geared characters are Heretic Events(limited time), EX (limited time) and certain Hard mode story levels (always there). If you goal is eventually to do all the endgame, clear what you can currently and pull on meta characters as they hit the game. Otherwise, do what you can/like content wise and pull as you want/need. You don't miss out on that many rewards from doing the latter. The game IS really generous with currency.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

A majority of your starting hoard of gems comes from completing permanent content, so don't be afraid to pull on banners for EX weapons.

Right now, all three story banners have characters that are very solid to use right now, with Quistis being super useful for a long time.

If you can reroll for any of these banners to get an EX, get Quistis's, as she will be useful for quite a lot of time. Afterwards, try to get Cecil's as he is a very solid all-rounder that can deal good damage all the time.

The most important thing to understand about starting this game is that you have all the time in the world to play the permanent content, all the story and lost chapters, and you don't have to beat them fully right now.

If you play through the story until you get enough gems to pull for the banner units and get some of their weapons, and play the second act of chapter two for a little bit (since they are all made to make it easy to get the headline character no matter how strong you are), you will be set for a long while. Then, as you play and beat the game at your own pace, strong characters will start showing up in events during the next 2-3 months that you will be prepared to try to obtain.

Don't stress out about limited gems just yet. Make sure you play a little to try to pull for Quistis's EX weapon, then play her lost chapter until you get her, which will take no time at all.

When you start building up Gems from playing the story, Spend on her Banner 'till you get her 35CP, and then spend on Cecil's banner. When you get his EX, either spend on Rosa's banner, or wait a week or two for another good banner to show up.

You shouldn't stress too much, enjoy the game, but right now, if you can afford to retry the game a bit to get a good head start, I would recommend it. The game is very fun to experiment with, but you build up your options with time, and having a good foundation will let you play around a lot more as time goes on.

I sincerely hope this advice helps you, and I hope you have fun! This game is fantastic, and super fair with your time, and I hope I can be of assistance should you have anymore questions!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
As an additional note, you can complete content in the events with friends! It's hard to find anyone playing the early chapters though, but you can still invite somebody!

If you want to play Rosa's event to get her, and her free 15cp weapon and two pieces of her armor, look on the ResetEra friend list for me, Razorrin, and search my ID, and add me. Then, try to play the different parts of her event in group, host a group, and select me to join! I'll help you get through the content so you can use Rosa!

Just remember, hosting a game is the only way you'll save your score and beat challenges in group content, and hosting costs Linkbells, which you recover over time. Joining a group is completely free, and has the same rewards, but you don't save the score you earned with your allies, and thus, you don't actually beat it and don't receive an update to your score or complete any challenges.

So, you'll have enough linkbells to host the first 5 parts, and beating all of them gets you her stuff, so as long as you don't disconnect, I'll help you beat them all!

Last edited:

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
I'm about to give up on getting good artifacts for Quistis, the system would be OK if you didn't have to actually farm for potentially 100 characters...

And Eidojas are not going to be permanent until Rinoa so the torture is not over yet with Golbez coming up.

I'm in the same boat. I usually have OK luck with eidogas, but my Quistis seems to only roll reds like DEF or INT BRV. I've never minded the eidoga grind too much, but at this point I might just sit tight and wait for eidojas to become a permanent feature.

Looking forward to finding out what the next batch of content releases are after the maintenance this week. If we follow JP's timeline, it should include Vanille's EX, Kefka's / Lenna's / Sephiroth's LCs, and Golbez's / Rinoa's events.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy, I'm on my fourth book grinding event tokens for Quistis artifacts and had 0 ATK+108 so far.
Quistis's EX never had a rerun in JP so it'll be the same for her artifacts @_@

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I guess to provide context on why I'm obsessed with never spending gems: I basically play like 4 gacha games where I have certain stipulations and restrictions. In FEH I never spend orbs (just using tickets/grails/free summons), in E7 I never spend skystones (just using the daily free summon and only spending bookmarks after amassing 600 for a guranteed summon on limited banners), in Brown Dust I never spend diamonds (just pulling with daily summon and scrolls), and in DL I have an alt where I just never pull on the gacha at all.

Obviously I miss out on a ton, but I'm also never invested enough to care. I'm a min-maxer and completionist by nature, so throwing banner pulling into the mix for gacha games generally ends up with me getting burnt out eventually. Having these stipulations lets me min-max with limited resources instead, which I've found to be more fulfilling overall. I also never have any desire to spend since the in-game currency just serves as a pretty high score usually instead of affecting the gameplay.

With the way the dailies are setup in DFFOO, I'm fine just doing my 5 quests a day until I eventually amass the CP needed to buy weapons and tackle more content. I might get compelled later on to spend the in-game currency when I'm more invested, but right now it's been pretty smooth sailing as is. I've only played FF IX/X/XII from the mainline series along with Crisis Core and Tactics, so I'm not too attached to most of the lineup, but it's been a decent time regardless. I like character designs of the XIV characters.

Is the Power Token Exchange what I should be looking at for eventually getting weapons through logins, or something else? It says they're 10/25 tokens each, so I'm not too sure.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It is indeed Power Token, you do get some via login reward, sometime they'll gift some, especially with livestream like tomorrow's one, or special events.
We'll get a free EX weapon in a few months and they'll then add a EX weapon token exchange down the line as well.

I'm a hoarder as well but with some strategical pulls (or favorites), I have 430k gems and I can complete everything , aside from the infamous nightmare EX trio a few months back. A bit scarred about COSMOS difficulty though but most of the reward will still be tied to EX stages, including the "reach X score" missions.
This game is way more generous than the other one I play, FF Brave Exvius. I'm also doing daily login in FEH since launch (2300+ orbs) without playing much, kinda waiting Three Houses before I commit.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Is the Power Token Exchange what I should be looking at for eventually getting weapons through logins, or something else? It says they're 10/25 tokens each, so I'm not too sure.

Every character's event can score you their 15CP, and every event and lost chapter gives you two of their armor. Login's will take a while, since 15CPs cost 10 tokens and 35CPs cost 25, and you only get 3 for every 8 consecutive logins. Suffice it to say, it's possible, but it's gonna take a while, it's more of a tool to round out your inventory of equipment for characters when getting their weapons is no longer tenable or helpful with saving.

I respect the way you wish to play, and I hope you end up having a great time! My only concern is that if you want to hold onto a huge horde, I think you should be clues into what you might potentially be saving up for.

When a banner with an EX weapon shows up, every pull you do provides you with 20 event coins. Each pull, barring special circumstances, will cost 5000 Gems, and if you pull 15 times, spending 75,000 Gems and gaining 300 event coins, you can spend those coins to GUARANTEE you get the EX, no matter how much you struggled with luck to get there.

Therefore, the reason most people save gems is usually to bypass terrible terrible luck in making their favorites viable. The game provides a HUGE baseline of gems through completion of single player content on both normal and hard modes, with a roughly 100 gem payout for each completed level, and an extra 1000 gems for a full completion of both Normal and Hard, among other extra gems, and with the advent of summon boards on the 30th with Ifrit, an extra 300 gems per character who's individual board you complete.

Suffice it to say, if you're looking to save a huge amount of gems, you have many options to exhaust before even thinking about events, which usually provide other resources in large quantities instead.

I will leave you with a repeat of a previous suggestion, even if you don't want to do any rerolling to get a useful character, I urge you to follow me in game, and call on me at a time that you can to blitz through the Rosa Event to get her 15cp weapon. you will never get another opportunity to get hers for free again, not even when her Lost Chapter comes out, and she becomes permanently recruitable.

I will add my support in a spoiler tag to make it easier to obtain, all you have to do is press the button on the top left of the screen, and press "search ID", then enter my number. If you go into your user settings and change your support message to have "Era" in it, I'll know it's you and I'll accept if you try to start the event as a host and invite me, don't worry about inviting a third character.

If you have need of any advice at all, don't be afraid to post here, and have yourself an awesome day!

Razorrin
Era loving, PAAASONATE Man!!

944 398 297

Hope this helps!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, one ATK+108!

4bee6f7c-9d68-4f52-88wwjti.png

I'll grind some more tomorrow but once Ifrit Ultimate drop, I'll focus on that instead.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Finally, one ATK+108!

4bee6f7c-9d68-4f52-88wwjti.png

I'll grind some more tomorrow but once Ifrit Ultimate drop, I'll focus on that instead.

Nice work!

It took very little time for me to get her set up, but it honestly felt more like good karma for how long it took to get Beatrix to get her good passives. I regret that time now, considering I was grinding it out when the event was happening during my Japan trip back in February, though it was at least on the day I stayed at the hotel due to jet lag.

I hope you can get more ATK ups, and I would consider not getting hung up on Max Brvs, since her kit revolves around hitting conditionals, and you're better off making it easier on yourself with attack, then harder, yet slightly more profitable with Max Brave.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nice work!

It took very little time for me to get her set up, but it honestly felt more like good karma for how long it took to get Beatrix to get her good passives. I regret that time now, considering I was grinding it out when the event was happening during my Japan trip back in February, though it was at least on the day I stayed at the hotel due to jet lag.

I hope you can get more ATK ups, and I would consider not getting hung up on Max Brvs, since her kit revolves around hitting conditionals, and you're better off making it easier on yourself with attack, then harder, yet slightly more profitable with Max Brave.
Thanks, the max brave is all I got until now, and today I had TONS of INT BRV+ 170, just imagine if those were ATK haha.
Now I imagine when Lenna will be here, I wouldn't be able to get INT BRV, I guess since she's synergy with Rinoa's event and we get permanent Eidojas there, it'll be less painful.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thanks, the max brave is all I got until now, and today I had TONS of INT BRV+ 170, just imagine if those were ATK haha.
Now I imagine when Lenna will be here, I wouldn't be able to get INT BRV, I guess since she's synergy with Rinoa's event and we get permanent Eidojas there, it'll be less painful.

Yeah, Lenna is gonna make your Int Brv bonuses an absolute GODSEND, she is Rediculous with Brave Regen. Not only does she provide a 50% Brv Regen to everyone on her second ability, her EX provides EVEN MORE in a unique self buff, alongside an iBrv buff on everyone.

It is literally possible to mix her with another iBrv Regen character like Selphie and never worry about hitting conditionals with Jecht or making 15,000+ on every free turn with Vayne, it's crazy.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Every character's event can score you their 15CP, and every event and lost chapter gives you two of their armor. Login's will take a while, since 15CPs cost 10 tokens and 35CPs cost 25, and you only get 3 for every 8 consecutive logins. Suffice it to say, it's possible, but it's gonna take a while, it's more of a tool to round out your inventory of equipment for characters when getting their weapons is no longer tenable or helpful with saving.

I respect the way you wish to play, and I hope you end up having a great time! My only concern is that if you want to hold onto a huge horde, I think you should be clues into what you might potentially be saving up for.

When a banner with an EX weapon shows up, every pull you do provides you with 20 event coins. Each pull, barring special circumstances, will cost 5000 Gems, and if you pull 15 times, spending 75,000 Gems and gaining 300 event coins, you can spend those coins to GUARANTEE you get the EX, no matter how much you struggled with luck to get there.

Therefore, the reason most people save gems is usually to bypass terrible terrible luck in making their favorites viable. The game provides a HUGE baseline of gems through completion of single player content on both normal and hard modes, with a roughly 100 gem payout for each completed level, and an extra 1000 gems for a full completion of both Normal and Hard, among other extra gems, and with the advent of summon boards on the 30th with Ifrit, an extra 300 gems per character who's individual board you complete.

Suffice it to say, if you're looking to save a huge amount of gems, you have many options to exhaust before even thinking about events, which usually provide other resources in large quantities instead.

I will leave you with a repeat of a previous suggestion, even if you don't want to do any rerolling to get a useful character, I urge you to follow me in game, and call on me at a time that you can to blitz through the Rosa Event to get her 15cp weapon. you will never get another opportunity to get hers for free again, not even when her Lost Chapter comes out, and she becomes permanently recruitable.

I will add my support in a spoiler tag to make it easier to obtain, all you have to do is press the button on the top left of the screen, and press "search ID", then enter my number. If you go into your user settings and change your support message to have "Era" in it, I'll know it's you and I'll accept if you try to start the event as a host and invite me, don't worry about inviting a third character.

If you have need of any advice at all, don't be afraid to post here, and have yourself an awesome day!

Razorrin
Era loving, PAAASONATE Man!!

944 398 297

Hope this helps!

I see, I guess the best course of action then would be to save up gems for when an EX weapon for a character that I like pops up. Definitely seems like a worthwhile investment since it has a guaranteed payout.

While a free 15 CP weapon is enticing, I don't have any particular attachment towards Rosa. After looking at the roster, I'm definitely more partial towards the characters whose games I've played like Zack or Auron, maybe Ramza/Agrias or Eiko. I don't think I'll go out of my way for the Rosa event, but I may if a character I'm interested in has an event. Regardless, I followed ya and I'll keep the event advice in mind for the future.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I see, I guess the best course of action then would be to save up gems for when an EX weapon for a character that I like pops up. Definitely seems like a worthwhile investment since it has a guaranteed payout.

While a free 15 CP weapon is enticing, I don't have any particular attachment towards Rosa. After looking at the roster, I'm definitely more partial towards the characters whose games I've played like Zack or Auron, maybe Ramza/Agrias or Eiko. I don't think I'll go out of my way for the Rosa event, but I may if a character I'm interested in has an event. Regardless, I followed ya and I'll keep the event advice in mind for the future.

No problem, Have a good time! I'm also waiting for Zack, he's my favorite FF protagonist! He tanks hits, and deals tons of damage! If you want a good FF12 rep, waiting for Vayne is worth every gem, he's CRAZY. I've made a post on the previous page giving more info, but suffice it to say, he's fun.

Both are very good, and both come out in August, so if you're interested in them, best of luck to you! I'm gunning for them, so I'm saving all my stuff up! If you want to know what to save for, here's a chart giving a good forecast for when characters are gonna show up!

It might not make full sense now, but as you get more comfortable with the game, it'll be more clear, and it'll help out a ton with figuring out what you want to save for!

sa2nrpy2xwt21.jpg

And if you want more direct info, there is a huge database constantly updated with game info called the DISSIDIA DATABASE. Literally anything you need to know about, will be in there in some form. The reddit has tons of guides and analysis's for characters and events as well that can help you out.

Take it slow and have a good time! Use these resources when you need 'em!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Awakened Eiko and Thancred which only have their 35 at one lb and i'm shocked how well they performed both to help me finish a remaining heretic I was struggling with. Theta is ALL DONE! It doesn't have an ex quest right? Now for Delta. Quistis makes things so much easier!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Just as a reminder, all you need is Galuf's 35CP to completely trivialize Rosa's EX. After that, it's all about DPS, since Galuf's bladeblock lets him take all the hits like a champ! However, watch out for the group attacks, they can getcha! And once they go nuts, they don't do it again until one of them dies, so be careful, Quistis, don't lose your aura!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Looking forward to it! They always seem to have some treats for global these days!

But I'm really looking forward to Y'shtola's rework, I hope they announce a banner for her soon.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, finally got my 3 ATK+108, about time!

28fe64f0-2f0c-46f3-8bunjt5.png

Considering how much grinding it took, I'll stop there.
Bring on the livestream! I'll try to upload screenshot of the slides, as usual.

www.twitch.tv

Square Enix - Twitch

The official Square Enix Twitch channel!

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Summon board :

r6shdkf3xjay.png

4ofmlvoeikek.jpg

ykcewgmfojxn.jpg

90 CP armor

1ecrliifgjt1.jpg

ntwsybnuyk36.jpg

+ portal app campaign but it's very minor

ufomwdtbskae.jpg

(500 gems and free 15 cp pretty much confirmed)

Last edited: